SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Just been hovering on my DayZ.exe button for what- 2 months now? Haven't played since I got eaten by a rock. Looking forward to getting the gang back together! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, eno said:

Just been hovering on my DayZ.exe button for what- 2 months now? Haven't played since I got eaten by a rock. Looking forward to getting the gang back together! 

Then you've missed out.  There have been tons of server side fixes since then.

38 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Then you've missed out.  There have been tons of server side fixes since then.

Are vehicles fixed yet? 

5 hours ago, imunone said:

Change #2284302

Changed Depots

221101/manifests/experimental: 5376909106593598186

221101/maxsize: 11835931468 (11.02 GB) › 11835920204 (11.02 GB) (diff = -11.00 KB)

branches/experimental/buildid: 1307836 › 1348589

branches/experimental/timeupdated: 1472564829 (August 30, 2016 – 13:47:09 UTC) › 1474470876 (September 21, 2016 – 15:14:36 UTC) (+3)

Changed changenumber – 2284272 › 2284302 

I think just a security update but it would be great if an official can comfirm...

Just a BattlEye update guys.

That said, we're still hammering away at a small list of must fix issues, a good deal of which were mentioned in the last Status Report.
A lot of focus is obviously on issues with the new changes to player position sync, and working hard on getting that to an enjoyable, and healthy state. Aside from resolving issues with player sounds, and taking care of server crashes, addressing the remaining known issues with duplication and swimming glitches, and a lot of iteration on getting player modifier states to update at a playable rate.

Its worth saying that during todays testing session, issues with the modifier tick rates on players created a fascinatingly difficult struggle for survival on my part. I ended up dying several times while working fairly hard to get up to Stary Sobor to meet a few other testers. Hypothermia after allowing myself to get soaking wet in freezing temperatures, wound infection after having to bandage myself with a sewing kit, and dehydration after misjudging exactly how far I could make it without water while thirsty.
Obviously the extreme difficulty I had is a bit more than we would want, but the enjoyment I got out of DayZ truly making me word *hard* for my success was exciting, and once we finish the major Enfusion engine merges I am *very much* looking forward to squashing bugs and getting the survival experience to somewhere that actually makes you work for it.

I snagged a few small clips during the testing I'd like to upload unlisted to our Youtube for the forum crowd, but that will have to wait until tomorrow when Smoss is in the office (it is pretty late here now). 

Hang in there guys, no one wants to get .61 to experimental more than those of us on the dev team. We appreciate all your patience.

nwEZkRe.jpg

kroyWiy.jpg

c9qkTf6.jpg

P1DgSNk.jpg

• Like 11

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) So what's the expectation for wolves and persistent , properly running vehicles for experimental build .61 first iteration ? Can we expect wolves on the first iteration ? What about vehicle persistence , will that be fixed? 

As you may know the vehicles are in a completely broken state except for the offroad and truck, including persistence issues , getting stuck, driving like its on ice , and the terrible not starting with pristine parts glitch . This has severly cut short time I play with my group because we can't just run around looking for pvp , our main goal was always to look for a car fix it up and make a base but now even those simple concepts are gone :(, 

so again to recap , Im asking if the vehicles will be in a better , worse , or similar state come the first iteration of .61 experimental and also if we can expect Wolves for the first .61 iteration on experimental ?

• Like 2

thank you for the increased posts from the Dev team here in the forum. "thumbups"

• Like 5

Red 9 icon in quick bar is shown larger and at an angle here.

That seems different.

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

kroyWiy.jpg

4 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

thank you for the increased posts from the Dev team here in the forum. "thumbups"

Yeah thats really great!

9 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Obviously the extreme difficulty I had is a bit more than we would want, but the enjoyment I got out of DayZ truly making me word *hard* for my success was exciting, and once we finish the major Enfusion engine merges I am *very much* looking forward to squashing bugs and getting the survival experience to somewhere that actually makes you work for it.

Maybe you forgot how dayz is supose to be about survival. :)

Cant help it but I noticed all dead wolves are in same position. Its like that with infected. They all have same basic movement animations. Maybe Im too picky but is it posible to asign different animations for different types of infected. Military and male zeds run faster and hit harder and women zeds and grampa zeds run slower. Sometimes when player fights zeds for longer time they all have syncronised movement and it just kills the imersion. Also, will hopping (or as we called them "monkey zombies" back in mod) ever return?

11 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Red 9 icon in quick bar is shown larger and at an angle here.

That seems different.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's because the resolution was altered in this game session. I have that too when I switch from 1080 to 1440.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) So what's the expectation for wolves and persistent , properly running vehicles for experimental build .61 first iteration ? Can we expect wolves on the first iteration ? What about vehicle persistence , will that be fixed? 

As you may know the vehicles are in a completely broken state except for the offroad and truck, including persistence issues , getting stuck, driving like its on ice , and the terrible not starting with pristine parts glitch . This has severly cut short time I play with my group because we can't just run around looking for pvp , our main goal was always to look for a car fix it up and make a base but now even those simple concepts are gone :(, 

so again to recap , Im asking if the vehicles will be in a better , worse , or similar state come the first iteration of .61 experimental and also if we can expect Wolves for the first .61 iteration on experimental ?

As I've said before - do not expect vehicles in the first few experimental updates. Persistence is not an issue with .61, sync and physics are.

As far as wolves go, we'll have to continue testing and see. You're asking me to predict the results of a QA pass - and I'm just not okay with doing that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Maybe you forgot how dayz is supose to be about survival. :)

Cant help it but I noticed all dead wolves are in same position. Its like that with infected. They all have same basic movement animations. Maybe Im too picky but is it posible to asign different animations for different types of infected. Military and male zeds run faster and hit harder and women zeds and grampa zeds run slower. Sometimes when player fights zeds for longer time they all have syncronised movement and it just kills the imersion. Also, will hopping (or as we called them "monkey zombies" back in mod) ever return?

No Igor, I did not forget. However that is much easier said, than done - when dealing with the amount of legacy systems that are present in current steam builds. We can only go back and try and fix things that are going to be replaced so many times before we really start getting concerned with wasting limited time and resources.

The wolves in the screenshot are that way because I had funneled them through that doorway, and they were trying to surround me. However, we'll see how it ends up working out.

• Like 3

Nice!

Thanks for sharing!

"221101/encryptedmanifests/testology/encrypted_gid_2: A613B4C48F84BDDF4FC39AE3B04371C4

221101/encryptedmanifests/testology/encrypted_size_2: 24385FE4EFA3411270F6580348EB9760

branches/testology/buildid: 654633

branches/testology/description:

branches/testology/pwdrequired: 1"

Test server!

Testology?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Nice!

Thanks for sharing!

"221101/encryptedmanifests/testology/encrypted_gid_2: A613B4C48F84BDDF4FC39AE3B04371C4

221101/encryptedmanifests/testology/encrypted_size_2: 24385FE4EFA3411270F6580348EB9760

branches/testology/buildid: 654633

branches/testology/description:

branches/testology/pwdrequired: 1"

Test server!

Testology?

Just an automated job, we'll let you guys know when we get close to being ready for exp. Which is not now.

• Like 5

Ok, I thought we would likely hear from you guys first.

So much unusual activity on SteamDB....

Thanks for staying engaged!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

As mentioned yesterday - here are those snippits from yesterdays testing run I participated in:

That "of shit! they will eat me!!" feeling. I didnt have that in a long time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Maybe Im too picky but is it posible to asign different animations for different types of infected.

We ARE getting a variety of attacks for the infected, if I am not mistaken.

We have also seen how they will attack doors/barriers.

I too would like to see a great variety of possible attacks and combinations of attacks by the infected.

Differing attacks per infected type might be too time and resource intensive at this point but I very much like the idea.

I hope the infected get a lot of attention in general; besides health/environment, they will likely be the 2nd most engaging element in 1.0.

• Like 5

Thanks so much for the update preview! Glad to hear hypothermia might be back as a threat this next patch. Keep up the good work!

On a side note (kind of)...

I just realized that the issue with movement keys bound to the directional arrows while Inventory is open has been fixed!

No biggie....but a pretty big-biggie for ME!.

I was trying this the other day while running into the Zeleno military compound on Public Helpy Helpers and got filled full of lead by one of those puffy green army-men dudes who think this is COD......quite sad...but needed a gear exorcism anyway, hehe.

I have not had any practice moving around with the Inventory open and it shows. If you see some poor twit walking around bumping into things and strafing into walls.....that's just me!

• Like 2

On 09/22/2016 at 9:46 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

As mentioned yesterday - here are those snippits from yesterdays testing run I participated in:

Hey brian, i love the way the glock sounds. It packs a huge punch. I'm curious whether or not you guys have discussed animation locking like if a wolf jumps you and you have to struggle out. It would be awesome to come across a player on the ground struggling against a wolf and needing to decide whether or not to shoot the wolf or watch it eat them. It would make players much more paranoid when they hear a howl.

• Like 3