SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

On 10.9.2016 at 0:54 AM, -Gews- said:

I ran into a mute guy who communicated using in-game gestures. Unfortunately after killing a zed with my bow he was immediately targeted by an invisible and very persistent creature. Oops. Unable to help, I sat back and watched the show (he didn't last long). 

(hadn't seen this bug for a while)

Damn this blood looks so freakin strange, hope they´ll change that soon!

edit: btw, experimental preparation branch was updated 2 hours ago soooo.... maybe?

Edited by imunone

I really hope there's an update (.61) this week to experimental .... I've been craving dayz for months !

• Like 4

Soo I just hopped into a private server and tried to fix up two different sedans (despite the obvious persistence issues I thought "why not , I have all the tires and components right here , it will be an easy ride to a hot spot with this", boy was I wrong).

i ended up wasting an hour trying to look for a spark plug and lug wrench (had to repair the tires just in case we got the notorious "skating on ice " bug)  only to find out that both sedans did nothing when pressing "engine on" . This is with a worn battery and a pristine spark plug and tires . 

i guess I'm completely done with vehicles for now  , and I sincerely hope they get some love for .61 because they are unbearable atm . ... Here I was thinking I was out and they pulled me back in !!!!!

.61 soon plox !

31 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

i guess I'm completely done with vehicles for now  , and I sincerely hope they get some love for .61 because they are unbearable atm . ... Here I was thinking I was out and they pulled me back in !!!!!

.61 soon plox !

Last time i checked, it sounded like the vehicle wouldnt even be in when 061hit expr...

Heard a bunch of survivors talking in the distance. Snuck up and killed one of them. The other three started chasing me with knife, hatchet and brass knuckles. Took a few hits but shot all three and killed two. Killed a couple more on the road. People are a good source of bones for arrow tips.

4rpfIrq.jpg

HusVRva.jpg

Then I swapped to friendly mode and met a couple other survivors and had them craft bows.

LearningtMTXvr3.jpg

2mcHcNZ.jpg

Found a couple knight's helms in Zub. Confident in our bows and armor we went north through Stary, Veresnik and NWAFxSf57qf.jpg

Cooking dinner in Grishino
wRkLJkP.jpg

• Like 2

Well that is most defiantly .60 over for me. Lost 6 barrels and 6 tents.  Thought some one might have found my stashes, but they were all spread out and its a low pop server for that much to be found in such a short time (not impossible, but highly unlikely).  I was only away from the game for 5 days and it would have been no more than 8 days that I hadn't at least interacted with everything at least once.  I'm pretty sure the tents and 4 of the barrels it would have been 5 days, 6 days tops that I had an interaction with them.  I suspect they got wiped at some point by the server.  The tents had a lot of pristine items in them and would take some time to move to another location or move to another server.  I say that because why take the tents and not the items as well? tents are easy to find and some of the items in them are not.  I would have expected to find tents robbed not removed. Oh well I hope they start to improve the game as its getting a but annoying with the bugs that are currently in it and yes I know its alpha, but some of these problems have been around for some time with no fixing.  If they want good testing you could do with a good pool of testers and I think they are loosing them at the moment.  I will see what .61 brings and I hope that persistence and vehicles will working better but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

10 hours ago, Fing said:

Well that is most defiantly .60 over for me. Lost 6 barrels and 6 tents.  Thought some one might have found my stashes, but they were all spread out and its a low pop server for that much to be found in such a short time (not impossible, but highly unlikely).  I was only away from the game for 5 days and it would have been no more than 8 days that I hadn't at least interacted with everything at least once.  I'm pretty sure the tents and 4 of the barrels it would have been 5 days, 6 days tops that I had an interaction with them.  I suspect they got wiped at some point by the server.  The tents had a lot of pristine items in them and would take some time to move to another location or move to another server.  I say that because why take the tents and not the items as well? tents are easy to find and some of the items in them are not.  I would have expected to find tents robbed not removed. Oh well I hope they start to improve the game as its getting a but annoying with the bugs that are currently in it and yes I know its alpha, but some of these problems have been around for some time with no fixing.  If they want good testing you could do with a good pool of testers and I think they are loosing them at the moment.  I will see what .61 brings and I hope that persistence and vehicles will working better but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

Definately frustrating to lose camps but i doubt it was a persistance issue.  If it was i would guess the admins just reset persistance.

My guess is that when your camp was found they just took what they wanted and chucked the rest in the woods.  Then packed the tents and left.  Soon after all of the items would despawn and you would be left with an empty camp.  Could be done in 10 mins.  Definately harsh though.

Funkin I would agree with the tents, but the barrels I lost were in three different locations a long long way from the tents.  I lost a total of 6 barrels 3 in one location 2 in another and then 1.  For people to find all 4 locations? in such a short time? not impossible but highly unlikely, that's why I think there was a wipe and for some reason only 2 barrels where left.  Never mind time to see what .61 brings

All the public hive servers seem are extremely laggy even with less than half population. Private servers however are acting normally with full pop. This would explain why all the most populated servers are private

Edited by Kohlbar

It was night and I was shooting zombies from the large chimney in Berezino. I had spent an hour or more in the area and had seen no one. As I was climbing down I saw a figure run past, heading west near the fire station. Nice time to be out of arrows! I ran in the opposite direction past the police station, cut a few bushes and made some sharpened sticks. Then I headed west as well, hoping to catch another glimpse of the person.

I was now a couple minutes behind him, but as I sprinted down the road I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of him maybe 150 metres off. He was moving up towards the hospital. I caught up with him at a couple points as he looted cars and dealt with zombies, but had no opportunity for a shot. Somehow he did not see me. I spent a good deal of time prone or standing motionless, watching.

So close yet so far
kc7aNOo.jpg
O7VBEbU.jpg

As I was following him up the road a zed came after me. Dealing with that, I lost track of him again. I decided to head up to the hospital and climb the crane. At first I saw nothing. After a couple minutes of watching, I spotted him running north along the road. Success!

There you are!
hp7IKrL.jpg

I followed him. He appeared to stop, holding something in his hands. A compass most likely. Not a veteran, then. He headed up into the dark forested ridge towards Gorka. At this point I lost track of him again, but I figured I would have no trouble spotting him in the open field on the other side. 

Hmm. I couldn't see him as I emerged. I spent some time scanning. Nothing. Then I saw movement near the gas station. My prey! He ran across the pavement and stopped again. Probably checking directions.

Reunited
IIpobFs.jpg

I sprinted down the hill, trying to reach him before he went on the move again. I made it to the road, staying off the pavement so my footsteps wouldn't alert him, drew back an arrow, and shot him in the head.

The final moment
9q8JGmv.png

Arriving at the corpse I saw it was a woman. Reconstructing her path, I figured I tracked her for 3 kilometres. She didn't have much of value, but her bones will be used for arrowheads. Interestingly, she was carrying a book that appeared to have pages previously torn out, and a pen. I wonder where she was going, and if she left any notes along her way.

P5iCqrC.jpg

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1

Almost sad.  All that time and effort just to be shot in the back.  What if she was a friendly?  Did you at least tell her about stalking her as you loomed over her corpse so she could learn from the situation?

On 9/14/2016 at 8:00 AM, Fing said:

Hmm, I was on a server that was 1pp and had a tent and they switched to 3pp and of course, everything is gone. I wonder if they switch back to 1pp if my stuff will still be there.

3 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Almost sad.  All that time and effort just to be shot in the back.  What if she was a friendly?  Did you at least tell her about stalking her as you loomed over her corpse so she could learn from the situation?

I don't usually speak over dead bodies, it's most immersion-breaking.

However, I did leave a note on the road:

PRutzlZ.png

• Like 1

On 9/17/2016 at 11:51 PM, -Gews- said:

It was night and I was shooting zombies from the large chimney in Berezino. I had spent an hour or more in the area and had seen no one. As I was climbing down I saw a figure run past, heading west near the fire station. Nice time to be out of arrows! I ran in the opposite direction past the police station, cut a few bushes and made some sharpened sticks. Then I headed west as well, hoping to catch another glimpse of the person.

I was now a couple minutes behind him, but as I sprinted down the road I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of him maybe 150 metres off. He was moving up towards the hospital. I caught up with him at a couple points as he looted cars and dealt with zombies, but had no opportunity for a shot. Somehow he did not see me. I spent a good deal of time prone or standing motionless, watching.

So close yet so far
kc7aNOo.jpg
O7VBEbU.jpg

As I was following him up the road a zed came after me. Dealing with that, I lost track of him again. I decided to head up to the hospital and climb the crane. At first I saw nothing. After a couple minutes of watching, I spotted him running north along the road. Success!

There you are!
hp7IKrL.jpg

I followed him. He appeared to stop, holding something in his hands. A compass most likely. Not a veteran, then. He headed up into the dark forested ridge towards Gorka. At this point I lost track of him again, but I figured I would have no trouble spotting him in the open field on the other side. 

Hmm. I couldn't see him as I emerged. I spent some time scanning. Nothing. Then I saw movement near the gas station. My prey! He ran across the pavement and stopped again. Probably checking directions.

Reunited
IIpobFs.jpg

I sprinted down the hill, trying to reach him before he went on the move again. I made it to the road, staying off the pavement so my footsteps wouldn't alert him, drew back an arrow, and shot him in the head.

The final moment
9q8JGmv.png

Arriving at the corpse I saw it was a woman. Reconstructing her path, I figured I tracked her for 3 kilometres. She didn't have much of value, but her bones will be used for arrowheads. Interestingly, she was carrying a book that appeared to have pages previously torn out, and a pen. I wonder where she was going, and if she left any notes along her way.

P5iCqrC.jpg

Gews, these pictures and stories are amazing. GG dude.

• Like 1

Oh, THAT figures! ;-p

Takes a MLG KOS bugger to drag Brian out of the woodwork in admiration, eh? I'll keep that in mind if I run across you guys...(although Brian will probably go with a happy/harmless name to further the deception).

Edited by philbur
Tongue in cheek is in full effect
  • Like 1

sPZESMJ.jpg

Submitted: 1 year ago

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
That's about a full 6 months before a twitch community reported it. What's an official forum anyway?
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 0:49 AM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

On a side note do tents still spawn in appartment buildings?  Havent seen one in a while

This patch, no idea. I have never actually used a tent (not counting picking them up and placing them down right there). Anyone else?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-snip-

You got a problem with hardhats now?

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:49 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Well done sir!

On a side note do tents still spawn in appartment buildings?  Havent seen one in a while

Yes, they do, especially in Novaya Patrovka.   Sort of a treasure trove of tents there..  The balconies sometimes will have two..

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

Change #2284302

Changed Depots

221101/manifests/experimental: 5376909106593598186

221101/maxsize: 11835931468 (11.02 GB) › 11835920204 (11.02 GB) (diff = -11.00 KB)

branches/experimental/buildid: 1307836 › 1348589

branches/experimental/timeupdated: 1472564829 (August 30, 2016 – 13:47:09 UTC) › 1474470876 (September 21, 2016 – 15:14:36 UTC) (+3)

Changed changenumber – 2284272 › 2284302 

I think just a security update but it would be great if an official can comfirm...

Edited by imunone