SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Right BCBasher send me the goddamn hurt feelings report please. 3rd day of no .60 for me, I can't spam no more. I just wanna test haha. Goin to bed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, its a me said:

i'm agreeing with you on that, and i totally get the streamers thing, i'm not even challenging it, but this is pc gaming. ppl have a zillion different possible configuration, you need to have a certain mass of ppl playing to ensure that bugs that are more specific are being found. let's be honest tho, this whole thing is an alpha, and they need massive amount of ppl to test different scenario, i totally get the exp branch pov, although, let's imagine that there's none and everything gets pushed directly to stable, ppl have no right to complain that there are bugs. this is the source of the problem. ppl play stable thinking that it is a finished game and complaining, causing the need to have that exp situation.,

and imagine those people playing on the unstable exp branch as well? it happens in steps. small number of people overloading and breaking things in unstable exp. then larger player base reporting bugs, providing mass hardware feedback, complaining that its not finished, etc, etc.

Point of exp is to at least bring it to a point that it is stable enough for the masses to attempt to minimize the noise fest and maximize the purpose of each branch. As opposed to drop it on stable and have 20k people at once crash the fuck out of it when they already know it isn't ready for that kind of stress yet.

1 minute ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

and imagine those people playing on the unstable exp branch as well? it happens in steps. small number of people overloading and breaking things in unstable exp. then larger player base reporting bugs, providing mass hardware feedback, complaining that its not finished, etc, etc.

Point of exp is to at least bring it to a point that it is stable enough for the masses to attempt to minimize the noise fest and maximize the purpose of each branch. As opposed to drop it on stable and have 20k people at once crash the fuck out of it when they already know it isn't ready for that kind of stress yet.

Totally get it, but again this is an alpha build, if ppl are complaining about bugs instead of understanding reporting etc, effin refund and gtfo, be back when it's done, see you at beta / launch. it should be a basic rule, wich would allow everybody else who don't mind / want to help to play the lastest build, especially after waiting so long. I never had that problem before, exp always has been plentiful with servers, this is a choice imo based on the wrong part of the community witch souldn't even be allowed to play if they don't understand the basic point of an alpha build. yet again, money is king and we need those 20$ to fund development, i totally get that. I work in a similar field, and honestly at some point, eroding the good clients slowly with such situations is just gonna slow up developpment.

5 minutes ago, its a me said:

Totally get it, but again this is an alpha build, if ppl are complaining about bugs instead of understanding reporting etc, effin refund and gtfo, be back when it's done, see you at beta / launch. it should be a basic rule, wich would allow everybody else who don't mind / want to help to play the lastest build, especially after waiting so long. I never had that problem before, exp always has been plentiful with servers, this is a choice imo based on the wrong part of the community witch souldn't even be allowed to play if they don't understand the basic point of an alpha build. yet again, money is king and we need those 20$ to fund development, i totally get that. I work in a similar field, and honestly at some point, eroding the good clients slowly with such situations is just gonna slow up developpment.

those people you describe are an unavoidable side effect of "early access". There is an ideal, then there is the reality. 

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 3

I completely understand what hicks is saying, and it does shed some light on certain decisions that are made, and I do appreciate all his communication with the community even if its not always what we want to hear. (Also having had an opportunity to play for one out of ~20 hours, I think this is an amazing patch and the devs should be proud.)

But having bought the game and been a part of this community for a good while (although less vocal on the forums), this is the first time ive really felt completely left out, felt a low blow. I understand all the bugs, missed deadlines that are hard to predict, server crashes and wipes, pace of development, whatever. Honestly none of that stuff has really bothered me, because I always felt like I was part of the bigger picture. Ive played on countless experimental branches, and filed.. I dont even know how many bug reports! But I always assumed that I would be allowed into the experimental branch, where I have the most fun and can contribute something to the game. I always thought that if BI only did one thing for the community, it would be to just allow everyone to play and stay involved with them on this journey, as no other game has allowed the community and developers seem so close, and that your feedback is actually worth a damn, and most likely gets heard and considered.

So yeah, for me, even if putting up a few more experimental servers gimped them just a little bit, or slowed development by a day or two, or cost a few more bucks, I think its absolutely necessary to keep the community that has been here backing the game with feedback/ interesting discussions/ ideas and bug reports, involved and welcome as part of the long marathon to 1.0. I dont see how it would be that difficult to get the required amount of servers online, and if it required shutting off and wiping some empty .59 servers a week or two ahead of schedule, i'm sure if anyone that had a stash there, would more than understand.

Im not trying to be salty to the devs or hicks or anyone, and from what ive seen the work they've done looks f**king awesome, and if these are the sort of patches we can expect in the future, this will be one hell of a game. But for the first time I feel like a spare tire, and no longer involved with the game or part of the experience.

• Like 6

Have there been any developer comment on the missing experimental servers? We started with 22, but slowly but surely we are down to 6 active servers right now. 360 people playing 0.60 experimental isn't a whole lot. And it's surely not making anyone happier. 

We can all whine about waiting times to get in - but getting the current stack of experimental servers back online should be priority 1. 

i suspect the number of exp servers will increase as time moves on. .60 has some very fundamental low-level changes being introduced, so it makes sense to me that they start small... a couple of hotfixes from now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more exp servers up by then.

I'm not asking for more servers, just to fix the ones they all ready put up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salty seadog said:

I completely understand what hicks is saying, and it does shed some light on certain decisions that are made, and I do appreciate all his communication with the community even if its not always what we want to hear. (Also having had an opportunity to play for one out of ~20 hours, I think this is an amazing patch and the devs should be proud.)

But having bought the game and been a part of this community for a good while (although less vocal on the forums), this is the first time ive really felt completely left out, felt a low blow. I understand all the bugs, missed deadlines that are hard to predict, server crashes and wipes, pace of development, whatever. Honestly none of that stuff has really bothered me, because I always felt like I was part of the bigger picture. Ive played on countless experimental branches, and filed.. I dont even know how many bug reports! But I always assumed that I would be allowed into the experimental branch, where I have the most fun and can contribute something to the game. I always thought that if BI only did one thing for the community, it would be to just allow everyone to play and stay involved with them on this journey, as no other game has allowed the community and developers seem so close, and that your feedback is actually worth a damn, and most likely gets heard and considered.

So yeah, for me, even if putting up a few more experimental servers gimped them just a little bit, or slowed development by a day or two, or cost a few more bucks, I think its absolutely necessary to keep the community that has been here backing the game with feedback/ interesting discussions/ ideas and bug reports, involved and welcome as part of the long marathon to 1.0. I dont see how it would be that difficult to get the required amount of servers online, and if it required shutting off and wiping some empty .59 servers a week or two ahead of schedule, i'm sure if anyone that had a stash there, would more than understand.

Im not trying to be salty to the devs or hicks or anyone, and from what ive seen the work they've done looks f**king awesome, and if these are the sort of patches we can expect in the future, this will be one hell of a game. But for the first time I feel like a spare tire, and no longer involved with the game or part of the experience.

thank you, you captured exactly my feeling as of right now

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

i suspect the number of exp servers will increase as time moves on. .60 has some very fundamental low-level changes being introduced, so it makes sense to me that they start small... a couple of hotfixes from now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more exp servers up by then.

It's already been up to 23 servers ... Now the servers are dying and they need to fix them , 1,500 players isn't even enough for this build let alone 400 .

• Like 2

I was hoping someone would take the time to get servers back up today but I guess not....

Looks like no more .60 until Monday.

• Like 1

Yes, but I don`t understand Hick`s reasoning about empty servers he said someone`s home - there are most tents with duped stuff on empty servers on 0.59 stable.

The duration of servers is also questionable - so hard to test anything in-game.

They should either: 

1, Go to invite only one a selected few servers. (not user friendly - only few will get the chance to test it, but it`s better for a testing environment - although dayz team have been doing that for the last months.)

2. Close down almost empty 0.59 stable servers with duped items - and create a larger experimental hive with increased duration time before a server goes down.

3. Upgrade hardware and improve overall login server structure so testers can instant get access when they hit one time on the login button with a queue system. (Hicks mentioned it`s already in progress.)

Experimental branch is still a public branch in a testing environment that anyone who bought access to this alpha can access.

I'm just laughing at all those people who are crying around begging for more exp. servers. Experimental isn't meant to be played, it is meant to be tested. And I bet more than half of you who beg for more servers never actually posted bug report.

• Like 7

Testing, know the players what that means? It is because not in the first line to the normal gameplay as PvP / KoS and so on. test means in groups or gatherings in various locations to provide them with actions. Actions are crafting / shoot without killing it comes to server from the reserve to lure can bring him on a stable version, only then and only then the second part will come when the only the client provide the solution of other minor errors / error cause. As the first priority simply has the stable running of the servers and the network codes.

17 minutes ago, kataro said:

Sorry but BIS has made a big mistake with this shit ..... they are not respecting their player base , delivering a crap game in the last two years , and now beginning what should have been done at least a year ago the Bis limits access to those who already paid for the game. #%¨#%$%@&&##%@  you BIS.

How are they limiting your acces to the game, there are gazillion .59 servers for you to play. Just wait for a while and 0.60 will hit stable.

Also if your provide feedback with this quality, it's better that you stay of the experimental servers.

Adding more servers isn't free and not even necessary since they have trouble keeping them running as it is. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wasnu said:

I know it.....

i am to old for this horror feeling...

201605070907443kt19q2vbx.jpg

Just imagine if that fog was 24/7 including at night! That would be freaky as heck specially if the nights were darker. There would be tons of people pissing their pants when they suddenly ran into someone else or even an infected. 

Edited by LordBlackwolf

sometime in the past Bis did a decent patch of Dayz it was stable -_- ? I'm curious. Nice quality control  -_- , like other BIS games ex arma 3 with bugs since your launch

I had, don´t know if it was an bug or the future, but gamma cheating does not work (yesterday after deleting old dayz.cfg).

night was dark like hell, no rain but lightning at the horizon, my heart was pumped.

more of those experiences and i need an hotline to my doctor :)

I've managed to get into an exp server. All's I have to say right now is.... MOAR FRAMES... I have glimpsed the future. Running around in the open I have been getting 60-90. in the shipwreck i was getting up to 148. In electro, I am getting mostly 50-80. 

There is some lag and stutter here and there, but honestly, for a first iteration, I am quite amazed that the fps improvement is so drastic. As an arma player, I've long given up hope on bohemia ever doing anything significant for performance. They sure have made some big strides with .60 in dayz though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Running on an i7 6700k at stock clock, and a gtx780 sc.

EDIT: btw, I am running pretty much maxed. the only things that aren't are AA at normal (all trees and grass) and post process is disabled

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 4

So I just met up with GaryWalnuts when he needed to go at the switched hive server, I tried to reproduce the client crash from me yesterday at the Tisy base by knocking him unconscious. It was unsuccesful though, still don't know what made my client crash then. I went to the north-east airfield after Gary went offline to see if it spawned any military loot but it didn't. My client crashed again when I was in a forest, same as last time, the game was not responding and had to kill it in the Task Manager. After I tried getting in a server Dudester100 came online and we got in a server which loaded our old character from the 1p hive.

I stopped playing after the server restarted yesterday and was near the new military base at Tisy. When checking the barracks I told Dudester100 that I wouldn't take any chances now after what happened yesterday and that I would spray them to death I heared some footsteps. A guy came into my barracks with a shotgun and unloaded on him which killed him. A second after he died there was a shotgun shot and it broke my legs so combat is still a bit laggy I think. I was very vulnerable because the loot and the body were actually in the way and I didn't have any morphine or splint and his morphine was ruined. I managed to get out and made myself a splint and went away from the base after looting the last barrack. Sorry if I killed you and you read this but I don't want to take any chances anymore.

Dudester100 and I decided to meet up at Sinistok and I went AFK for a bit and parked myself in a toilet shed. After I got back I noticed Dudester100 was AFK so decided to wait for him in the toilet shed. While I was reading on the forum he came back and I heared and saw someone running around. I had no intention of killing him and waited until he left. Dudester100 was actually close so we met up outside the house. Suddenly Dudester100 was shot by a silent weapon, I guess a Sporter or a Trumpet or something. We immediately split up and I went to flank to some higher ground and Dudester100 made the wrong decision to bandage up near the house in a tree and got shot in the head. After waiting for a while I saw the dude but couldn't get a shot on him but he was definitely looking for me. Decided to wait until he was closer or until I had a good shot on him. Unfortunately he came too close and I was prone and he had the advantage and killed me.

So even up north on a 1p server there are KOS bandits, watch out for them. I'm not going to take any chances at all anywhere. If feel threatened and the person is carrying his gun in the hands I will definitely kill the person. So keep your gun at your back and you will survive an encounter with me.

Will post some screenshots later tonight which I made these last couple of sessions.

• Like 5

Just remember, guys....there are STILL nice guys out there as well.

If you see a guy with his primary shouldered, please remember he is probably me. :-)

(I am the ONLY one that does this...it seems)

So far I have not been KOS'd when I do this and I hope it continues.

Cheers!

• Like 6