SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

35 MB inbound now

Im seeing peopel in servers now yet my game isnt updating to 60.132901 :(

15 minutes ago, GenoNB said:

servers have version 60.0 :D and im not compatible to join on serv 

Nevermind, it's being pushed now as was previously stated.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

I was on uk4 really i restart steam dl 35mb, and spam in remote ip of uk04 :D have all ips of exp servers and just waiting for server to show up when online 

Played for an hour or so the other day (lucked into the update "just a few minutes ago" and hopped on). 

They've released much more broken builds to stable in the past. Just fucking push it, it can't be worse than the early persistence and CLE builds at 4fps with hilarious loot explosions...

Found a new bug I'd say. When throwing a motorcycle helmet your character goes into the unconscious pose. He lays down flat on the ground and you won't be able to move as if you were unconscious. 

WTFH?  Server reset after 20 min of up time?  Why?

1 hour ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I am beginning to enjoy the difficulty's of logging in. Its a bit of a pain in the ass but it seems to stifle peoples ability to "Clan up".  I guess most people feel vulnerable when they're alone because the game seems to have become a lot less hostile in my experience. I played for about 4 hours last night and ran into about 10 people. Everyone gave me at least a little conversation and only one guy tried to punch me.  Even the asshole that took a swing at me apologized before running off. Ive had more conversations with strangers in those 4 hours than I have in 4 weeks on 59. I haven't made it to any military locations yet and I'm sure the dynamic will change in those areas but so far interactions have been very cordial.

I met 2 guys, the both tried to kill me from behind :(

9 hours ago, BadBoyBubby said:

Ok I'm out ! I'm looking at a list of 316 servers worldwide and only 1 is .60.

How do you go about rolling back to .59 ? I want to experience the update but I also want to actually play the game and not waste my time sitting clicking a connect key for hours on end with no guarantee of a result at the end of it.

If you have show full servers, you should see more then 1 .60 server. Anyhow switch into your options in for steam on that game and switch beta test off.

8 hours ago, koffeekage said:

are the players able to move over obstacles as well as the infected do or are we currently at a disadvantage in that aspect?

I couldn't step over corpses of people, so I carved them up into steaks and then went inside, which thinking back was a bad idea.

• Like 2

Seven beer and about that many hours I got in for on five minute and one one minute session last night.

I aint even salty though, it was a glorious 30+ fps 6 minutes on my 10 year old computer and the one guy I saw and avoided moved so smooth it was better than my first encounter ever playing.

I was really expecting this to look better but play like shit on my old box, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Has anyone complaining considered there's some validity to testing the servers against getting hammered by people trying to join? I used to only play on low pop servers but last week junior and I played quite a bit on half full ones now that our ping isn't as shit and it was a whole different game, probably the real DayZ experience the devs are shooting for. I kind of have a feeling they're laying the ground work to force us into packed servers so we can't spoil the experience by running around with our vicinity window open while hitting p every 30 seconds to make sure we're alone to loot in peace. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TheHappyMile said:

I met 2 guys, the both tried to kill me from behind :(

I met 5 guys, none tried to kill me, and I ended up giving a magnum with 30 rounds to a german guy I talked to for 10-15 minutes. (Along with a UK assault vest since he didn't have any backpack, and a protective case.)  We parted ways and went on our separate paths. Not everyone is a killer, but yeah, it's DayZ, you can meet pretty rough people out there...  

Edited by odin_lowe
small details
  • Like 7

Not trying to go off topic I think this is relevant because of the packed servers in .60, is there anyway to test your mic in game. I ran over my headset cord with my chair too may times so now I have a webcam plugged in, it is defiantly working in my recording software but no idea if it works in game. Usually I'd stage my kids character to use as a mule and do a mic check but I don't see being able to get two clients on the same server atm.    

*edit* defiantly, lol I'just underline it instead of fixing it because my webcam is a trooper.

Edited by BCBasher

8 hours ago, Inzhi said:

Third day I trying to join on any server. 

Pick the fastest .60 ping and just sit and hammer that one. Also people have probably noticed that at some point you hit connect and absolutely nothing happens and I think, did I hit it or what and suddenly I'm in. One time I was clicking stuff like crazy while I was actually in that paused moment and when I was about to click on a different server I was suddenly taken in and immediately booted back out cause I was clicking all sorts of crap after I was accepted by a server and still sitting at the main screen. Bleh!

7 hours ago, mugur said:

This was fun! I've managed to log in on the first click (after 3 hours yesterday night with no luck but still 2 good sessions yesterday)

and after 10 minutes the server restarted. Dumb luck with bad luck combined. Now about the bugs:

1st/3d view = my character have no need for water/food whatsoever no messages nor status green/red 

1st view = all status work just fine

Nice job on the instant in at least. I get the feeling that certain actions might be causing server crashes and everyone is testing everything out and everyone is getting to those issues and causing crashes. It's hard to determine which actions those are unless you get a crash over and over doing it and that is rare cause getting in is tricky and who is gonna want to try taking chicken off the stick once it is cooked or whatever. Hmm maybe 3rd person view which is suppposed to be easy mode is really easy mode now.

15 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

is there anyway to test your mic in game. I ran over my headset cord with my chair too may times so now I have a webcam plugged in, it is defiantly working in my recording software but no idea if it works in game.

I just picked up a new cheap mic the other day so I ran up to a fresh spawn and asked if he could hear me. He replied "kill me". I said "hang on a second and I will. I just added a new mic and I need to know how well you can hear me". He said "I can hear you perfectly now KILL ME". So I did.

If your mic is a 3.5mm jack don't forget to go into your windows control panel and adjust the volume leveling. Default is to low for others to hear. If your mic is USB you should have some kind of software to make adjustments. I don't believe there's any in-game mic test feature. Maybe open windows sound recorder and test it there.

• Like 1

Go watch some hockey WC so I can play a session between the breaks. :)

3 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I just picked up a new cheap mic the other day so I ran up to a fresh spawn and asked if he could hear me. He replied "kill me". I said "hang on a second and I will. I just added a new mic and I need to know how well you can hear me". He said "I can hear you perfectly now KILL ME". So I did.

If your mic is a 3.5mm jack don't forget to go into your windows control panel and adjust the volume leveling. Default is to low for others to hear. If your mic is USB you should have some kind of software to make adjustments. I don't believe there's any in-game mic test feature. Maybe open windows sound recorder and test it there.

I've been recording with playstv the whole time, my pneumonia and mom's idiot dog are clearly being heard by the mic.

I always hide from everything and everyone for the first hour at least, shoulda' struck up a conversation with that silhouette that passed me in the dark last night.  

• Like 1

Are items respawning at all on exp. branch servers?

It`s so hard to test properly due to the short duration before a server goes down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I've been recording with playstv the whole time, my pneumonia and mom's idiot dog are clearly being heard by the mic.

I always hide from everything and everyone for the first hour at least, shoulda' struck up a conversation with that silhouette that passed me in the dark last night.  

If your geared I guess it wouldn't be wise to run up to a random. Here's something I like to do from time to time. Find a solid fence (the kind you cant shoot through) and wait on the other side for someone to come cruising by. Shout out to them and see if they react. If you can get them to come up to the wall you can have a conversation without worrying about getting punched or KOS'd. After you've finished with what needs to be said you can both back away without to much risk. If he becomes hostile and tries to go around then you just evade and go around to the other side. You just play merry-go-round until someone gives. This at least gives you a chance of defending yourself with a high probability for survival. This only works in 3rd person.

6 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Arise my plywood minions!  Arise!

Hidden Content

OMG!!! They put in my suggestion about a shooting range!!! Seriously awesome! Where Where Where???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shinjuru said:

What's the secret to connecting?    All of the Experimental servers are maxed.   I don't understand how so many of the DayZ streamers are getting on to Experimental so quickly.   I guess I'm just a bit envious, but come on!   I want to feel the warmth all of the .60 bugs, too!

Pick the smallest ping .60 server. put it in favorites..have nothing else in favorites. Highlight it, hit connect over and over and over as fast as you can. Do not give up! Go faster! Think positive! Say something nice to your computer! Give it a hug! Seriously!

I cant play dayz 0.60   can I have a refund ? this game dont work