boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

found an ENGRAVED 1911 at a heli.  haven't seen or heard of that creature in several patches.

• Like 1

Nice, filled my blaze up with ammo a while ago, never even shot it once, logged in today, got shot at, finally saw the opportunity to kill the guy and dayz decided to take all the ammo away from my gun and i ended up dieing like a dumbass. you guys havn't fixed half of this game even with your 30 million dollars, instead you add shitty cars which no one can use because you decide to add a bunch of parts you can barely even find, unless you're willing to spend 10 hours running around the whole map. oh and please come at me with that early access bullshit.

Nice, filled my blaze up with ammo a while ago, never even shot it once, logged in today, got shot at, finally saw the opportunity to kill the guy and dayz decided to take all the ammo away from my gun and i ended up dieing like a dumbass. you guys havn't fixed half of this game even with your 30 million dollars, instead you add shitty cars which no one can use because you decide to add a bunch of parts you can barely even find, unless you're willing to spend 10 hours running around the whole map. oh and please come at me with that early access bullshit.

Solo, I can get a offroad up and running in about 1-2 hours now that I know where to look for parts (small sheds).

As for the guns and ammo, I too have noticed that my chambered sporter on my back has no ammo when I take it out. Can anyone else confirm this behaviour with other guns?

Strange sounds, do anyone else have them? I have never had this before but often I can hear sounds that sounds like very distant gunfire or static or zombierustling, not like the old occasional gunshot but much more distant. Today I also heard what sounded like distant silenced gunfire. Nobody seemed to be near.

Strange sounds, do anyone else have them? I have never had this before but often I can hear sounds that sounds like very distant gunfire or static or zombierustling, not like the old occasional gunshot but much more distant. Today I also heard what sounded like distant silenced gunfire. Nobody seemed to be near.

I've been getting phantom sounds too, but different ones. At random times I get a single semi-close footstep on hard ground noise which is usually coming from my left. And when I get out of my car I hear footsteps and distant zombie aggro noises.

Anyone else like the new (Idk how new it actually is) look of the damaged handguard and buttstock of the AKM? Looks pretty damn cool imo. Will post a pic later.

Protip: vehicles reposition upon server restarts, facing north. Put your vehicle down facing north in the first place to avoid funny hiccups when coming back.

Lada bugged out after server restart while parked next to a vehicle tent. Tried shooting it with bow and arrow, didn't work. Any advice on flipping cars over? Do they position right side up on server restarts?

That thing existed in 58 as well, spawned in quonset huts occasionally.

found an ENGRAVED 1911 at a heli.  haven't seen or heard of that creature in several patches.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Protip: vehicles reposition upon server restarts, facing north. Put your vehicle down facing north in the first place to avoid funny hiccups when coming back.

Damn, thanks for that. The Lada just happened to be facing north when I parked it, but just slightly northwest and it clipped into the corner of the tent. Not even gonna try parking it in a tent anymore.

I hear voices that say 'steal tents, steal tents'.

Is any one else loosing items in barrels. I placed 2 canteens in a barrel returned 30 mins later and they had gone.  And no I don't think some one stole them as there were only another 4 people on the server and there was some hi end loot in the barrel that was still there.  Also lost an AK74.  I thought some one might have taken it, but the ammo for it was still in the barrel.  So why not take the ammo for it?  If any one else has found this let me know as I will report it as a bug.  And no after loging back in the items ha dent returned as I know they con still be in a container but not visible.  This is not the case they have gone. 

I think it's a known bug (I'm pretty sure it's known?).  these things aren't missing, they just go invisible.  you can confirm that they're still there by trying to put something else there.  relogging usually fixes it.

Edited by Red_Ensign

Seriously- fuck these sliding cars! Not only don't they stay where they are suposed to, apparently the devs have planned the spaces between props exactly so that you cannot get a car out from in between them ;) I feel betrayed - I loved my car. There is absolutely nothing I can do now, even though there is a V3S in the village next to me there is nothing I could do with it, even if I spent the 8 hours to get it repaired...

2015-12-14_00003_zpsdmhgccro.jpg

I'm a fan of Dayz, but these sliding issues were known forever and have not been discussed or offered any solution or even just explanation for by the devs, as far as I know. They should deal with these issues, pronto!

It looks like you might actually get it out of there, but the sliding while driving prevents that, too. Well done all around!

Don't give up so quick, is the car still there? Did you check? You can easily get the V3S working by a little effort.

Has anyone had an issue with mag's disappearing from pistols ? I have an amphibia that had a mag disappear from it a few nights ago. I logged out then logged in a day later and it was missing from when i had it inside the pistol. strange

I've been getting phantom sounds too, but different ones. At random times I get a single semi-close footstep on hard ground noise which is usually coming from my left. And when I get out of my car I hear footsteps and distant zombie aggro noises.

Lucid, do you play on HIHB hardcore Aus server ? I have seen your name in there anyway. I was curious.. were u at Kabanino maybe 2 nights ago ? there was only 3 players on the server including myself, your name was in the list and i seen a camo wearing player with a rifle run into Kabinino from the north side.. i then fired some shots to kill zombies shortly after if you heard them..

just curious if it was you :D

-snip-

Lucid, do you play on HIHB hardcore Aus server ? I have seen your name in there anyway. I was curious.. were u at Kabanino maybe 2 nights ago ? there was only 3 players on the server including myself, your name was in the list and i seen a camo wearing player with a rifle run into Kabinino from the north side.. i then fired some shots to kill zombies shortly after if you heard them..

just curious if it was you :D

I do play on that server yes.

I don't think that was me. I past through there at 120km/h in my Lada, but haven't been on foot in that town for a while.

That server is so empty that I just throw caution to the wind in terms of being stealthy in any way. So if you see a guy drive write up to the doors of places, walking around in the open and test firing guns they found, it's probably me. :P

Also I'm wearing all black with a blue backpack in that server.

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 1

Mic stopped working in game- still works fine on TS3 and the guy on my TS3 could talk fine. 

Anyone had a similar problem?

Any updates on the changelog?

Good question, I'll see if I can get an answer.

• Like 3

Mic stopped working in game- still works fine on TS3 and the guy on my TS3 could talk fine. 

Anyone had a similar problem?

Nope, could be audio. It can do that from time to time with TS3. Takes over, joining games too soon over ts3.

Hmmmm interesting- could actually be it. We have it configured to mute the TS3 mic when the game voice button is toggled... perhaps its overriding the game control too. I'll mess around with it. 

I havent tried boiling food until now but I think this green pepper is rather burnt.

2015-12-20_00002.jpg

Edited by gsfilmer
  • Like 1

Well i met a real friendly guy.  Comes behind me with his shot gun and shoots me.  Wouldn't mind if I was a real threat, but was not that well kitted out and he ruined it all with shooting me.  He could have avoided me or asked for what he wanted I did ask him before he took me completely out.  Oh well his loss not mine as I can get what I lost in 2 hours if that.

Twice now I thought me and my squad was sniped while at the myshinko well , little did we know somehow that well knocks people unconscious (and the first time killed the person knocked unconscious) in ... I was sitting at the well during the first incident watching the three others crowded around the pump about to take a screenshot when all of a sudden we hear what sounded like an sks firing once .. My cousin goes unconscious while we all scramble . The server had about 7 people on, and there was four of us so we thought it was one of the other three . We left without finding a trace of the supposed shooter , mind you two of us had Sks.

The next day (today) we were at the same well trying to drink real quick , I was watching with my gun out making sure we don't get sniped again and then a weird noise is heard , and another of our squad mates that was filling a canteen at the well went unconcious (lol) , this time he wasn't killed after but it was the same thing , we went to well to fill up or drink and bam a weird noise hurts (and in the first scenarios case kills) the person near it .

I'm gonna file this on the bug tracker because the second time there was noone but me and my friends on the server , and we all made sure of that as soon as our friend went unconscious and shortly before :0 !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Are you sure you using the well correctly ? Never happened to me. 

Are you sure you using the well correctly ? Never happened to me. 

I'm absolutely DYING to know... how does one "use a well incorrectly." 

On another note- this may have been posted already but I couldn't find it. Stumbled on this while I was over in bug reports upvoting.

Edited by ENO75

The main problem I have with this update: it just makes me want more!! I absolutely can not wait for zombie spawns and bicycles. I see this game going into an amazing year.

Pro-tip: New item cycling is fast and frequent, and not proximity based. I've caught evidence of actively spawned items on video, it can happen a meter away, so check the police station first and then last when you loot medium sized towns!

Edited by MotleyKoop