boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Regarding vehicles, some thoughts I had while facing some issues.

[1.] Inventory logic could use a major overhaul. Realistically I could carry like 7 AKS in a Sedan with ease, and thats without tucking them together, just smashing em on a pile with loads of attachments.

Also I could fit all the small items on top of that, use the backseat for space, store a Jerry Can somewhere.

Same with V3S. These vehicles could actually be loot moving powerhouses which would make them more desireable again.

Example: Rope + Barrel = Storage V3S.

3ue5NXI.png

[2.]  Fuel leaking is an annoying, random mechanic that doesnt bring a lot of fun, just the journey to an end. Should be removed until bugs are polished out and there is a way to counteract it somehow.

Especially with the new suspension spasm bug where you cant move your vehicle anymore and it gets damaged and all the fuel runs out. Gamebreaking glitch.

Great work Jay!  This one's going straight up on the refrigerator. 

Anyone else having trouble taking wheels off of the bus. Same with glow plug etc

I see that some others have been experiencing the "Locked Wheels Bug" in which, a car that has been painstakingly assembled from mostly pristine parts, is found to be unwilling to move once the engine is turned on.

Here is my experience in having wasted five hours collecting pristine offroad wheels from Elektro, and running them all the way up to Pusta:

That moment when you realize you have wasted a lot of time.

Being persistent in my DayZ self-punishment regimen, I decided that maybe a few improvised arrows could get it unstuck from the invisible binds.  I have never felt more wrong.

The sound it made, will haunt me for weeks.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

Anyone else having trouble taking wheels off of the bus. Same with glow plug etc

Are you using -newui in your launch options?

Great work Jay!  This one's going straight up on the refrigerator. 

are you mocking me? :(

use -newui, should work.

In all seriousness tho.. the sedan keeps getting stuck randomly, now it just happened after I parked it on a almost flat surface. Car wont move one inch and when you take the wheels off the suspension spasms out completely. I wonder if this only happens with the Sedan.

use -newui, should work.

K thanks. My problem is I have one bus with four wheels that is stuck and one that is free with no wheels. Couldn't bear the thought of having to run about picking up wheels

No

Well, there's your problem.

Not necessarily mocking, just jokingly acknowledging that any MS paint artwork invariably ends up having refrigerator-esque qualities.  It's a great idea.  I don't even have any balancing concerns, as player behavior should be well-capable of balancing any hoarding activity of such ostentatious and slow methods.

Please upvote my bugreport. https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=29306

I wish this could be hotfixed. Really a gamebreaker right now..

Got to the point where everytime you would park the car, it would get stuck like that for me.

Also I tried something else: just removed all tires then stood right next to the car, touching it and throwing the tire at it, moved the car quite a good bit each time but apparently it counted as a crash each time and eventually blew up my Sedan.

Will it respawn at the same spot?

Also emu where did you find your Lada?

I see that some others have been experiencing the "Locked Wheels Bug" in which, a car that has been painstakingly assembled from mostly pristine parts, is found to be unwilling to move once the engine is turned on.

Here is my experience in having wasted five hours collecting pristine offroad wheels from Elektro, and running them all the way up to Pusta:

That moment when you realize you have wasted a lot of time.

Being persistent in my DayZ self-punishment regimen, I decided that maybe a few improvised arrows could get it unstuck from the invisible binds.  I have never felt more wrong.

The sound it made, will haunt me for weeks.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

I'm having a Dejavû right now. Coldatrophy even blocked me over this. Wait for him to chime in and accuse us of doubting the people in control.

Me neither, nor anyone else I asked nor, in fact, anyone anywhere else.

Situation is exactly like in 57.

Yeah, it rings a bell with me too.... <_<

I guess it's cool nowadays to try and bait people into reigniting arguments? Since when has this behavior been tolerated on the forums at all, much less in the official Stable thread? 

Keep the irrelevant shit out of the thread please. I am not banning anyone on Christmas. 

• Like 3

Not that anyone else cares... But the CR527 bolting animation has been reworked! Decided to take some pot shots at some zombies outside of zelenegorsk and couldn't believe my eyes. It's similar to the Winchester, but a bit easier to stay on target between shots.

Merry Christmas to you, developers!

Got to the point where everytime you would park the car, it would get stuck like that for me.

Also I tried something else: just removed all tires then stood right next to the car, touching it and throwing the tire at it, moved the car quite a good bit each time but apparently it counted as a crash each time and eventually blew up my Sedan.

Will it respawn at the same spot?

Also emu where did you find your Lada?

Pusta, North spawn.

• Like 1

You can do it in the old UI. It's just not as easy as with the new UI.

To remove the glow plug, look in the engine for it. Then with your crosshair over it, you can use an action to remove it.

To remove a wheel, you'll need a lug wrench. With one in your hands, look at the wheel and use an action to remove it.

Edited by LucidHills

Played standalone for the first time today. Have played around 80 hours of the vanilla mod so far in comparison so still very new.

Just have to say, was nice to be genuinely worried about the zombies. Really impressed with how they looked and moved.

The UI was easier to use and movement felt so much smoother. Not to mention my FPS was much better.

Awesome stuff, quite impressed.

I GOT IT! YASSSSSS!!!!!!!

Car wont move? Run out of the draw distance of the car (for me ~800m, depends on settings afaik). Run back and the car will be back to normal.

• Like 3

Done good sir. Thanks for filing that. 

Also thanks for the tip on the cars. Vehicle worked just fine right before I exited. Got back in and the screen had a blur effect from the car being stuck. Walked away as you mentioned, came back and wha la. Car was unstuck.  :beans:  :thumbsup:

Happy Holidays everybody!!!! 

• Like 1

Also thanks for the tip on the cars. Vehicle worked just fine right before I exited. Got back in and the screen had a blur effect from the car being stuck. Walked away as you mentioned, came back and wha la. Car was unstuck.  :beans:  :thumbsup:

WHERE ARE MY :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans: ???  :D 

Someone make a PSA on reddit for that. Those poor folks probably dont know. Everyone should be able to use their vehicle in 59 B)

They aren't likely to hotfix this. We reported it during Experimental hotfix on two separate builds complete with video between the feedback tracker and the forums. https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=29227

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Did anyone find Makarov magazines? Are they spawning? Haven't seen any in 0.59

Did anyone find Makarov magazines? Are they spawning? Haven't seen any in 0.59

I've found about 5 so far. I don't normally pick them up. They spawn in houses.