boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Apparently there is some kind of bug that can happen while trying to fill a canteen that causes the character to sprint several meters before beginning a digging animation. My arms ended up looking like this too.

2015-12-21_00001.jpg

Also noticed I could eat pumpkin slices and drink until I was almost stuffed enough to puke and my status didn't change. 

Sigh. 

can anyone confirm that barrels are not persistent on fragnet servers? my barrel vanished today :(

i put an aug in it yesterday but i have yet to find a matching mag. i really doubt that someone raided it because the server hardly has more than 10 players. 

So can everyone confirm the vehicle reset? or were some hives unaffected?

Also where to find drummags? Never seen em

Looks like vehicles were wiped , my bus and car are gone (they were POS's but still lol).. I got my drum mags at the myshinko military base !

• Like 1

Looks like vehicles were wiped , my bus and car are gone (they were POS's but still lol).. I got my drum mags at the myshinko military base !

Okay good, I came here to see if anyone else got their vehicle wiped, seems like everyone got theirs gone! Time to get one working again.

• Like 1

SO I've been out of the game for a while and when I stopped playing, you could leave bags and guns on the ground and expect them to be there when I got back. It seems any backpacks, guns and even a barrel I placed inside my tent all disappeared. Tents and vehicles seem to work fine, but what a pain to keep all weapons and backpacks in a tent... Is this a server problem, intended or current glitch. I have searched the bug tracker and forum with only some limited success and all from older pre .59 versions.

GSP: Gameservers

any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

More good times but tons of bugs and borkeded awfulness too.

Looking anxiously forward to .60.  :D

Sounds like a damn good adventure thanks for posting it. I'm going to start stashing med, water,  food, ammo and basic weapons  supplies on a persistent server and maintain them so I can direct 'worthy' survivors to relief items if they are needed.  One thing is now very apparent I have a lot to learn :)   

worthy = those that did not shoot at me on sight. (If I want to KOS I'll just play sniper elite or Fallout 4)  

• Like 1

SO I've been out of the game for a while and when I stopped playing, you could leave bags and guns on the ground and expect them to be there when I got back. It seems any backpacks, guns and even a barrel I placed inside my tent all disappeared. Tents and vehicles seem to work fine, but what a pain to keep all weapons and backpacks in a tent... Is this a server problem, intended or current glitch. I have searched the bug tracker and forum with only some limited success and all from older pre .59 versions.

GSP: Gameservers

any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tents, barrels, protector case, ammo boxes and cars are persistent. Tyres seem to be hanging around for a couple of days at least.

Backpacks last 4 hours (improvised 1 hour), everything else lasts for 30minutes before despawning.

Not sure what happened with your barrel. When you say you placed your barrel in the tent, was that inside the tent or in the tent inventory?

• Like 1

Had a few firefights in elektro earlier today. Performance was silky smooth. No desync, no frame drops, zombies were persistent in chasing combatants around. And all of this on a 50/50 private HC server.

A job well done by the developers. The game feels like it's really coming together.

Tents, barrels, protector case, ammo boxes and cars are persistent. Tyres seem to be hanging around for a couple of days at least.

Backpacks last 4 hours (improvised 1 hour), everything else lasts for 30minutes before despawning.

Not sure what happened with your barrel. When you say you placed your barrel in the tent, was that inside the tent or in the tent inventory?

THANKS! is this intended?

THANKS! is this intended?

The devs did it as people were storing guns and backpacks on the ground and the central loot economy was counting those items in its calculations. Therefore, you had no guns and backpacks spawning as everyone had them around trees and at camp.

Still unsure what happened to your barrel though...

this shit just happened

1. have car

2. lose car due to hotfix

3. overheat constantly with a normal hunter outfit

4. die from drowning while proning next to a small pool (had to go to toilet)

5. find new car

6. spend 6 hours getting tires

7. car wont move, glued to building

8. try to move parts to other car nearby on different server

9. character gets reset

10. cannot connect to central hive

game was really throwing bricks in my way that day but I got it all done eventually... made a thousand tick offs on the list of course :D

(edited my post)

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

-snip-

edit: aand just got reset again, why me?  :facepalm:

When your character is reset, I hear you can usually get it back if you don't move and relog.

Edited by LucidHills

When your character is reset, I hear you can usually get it back if you don't move and relog.

tried, got reset 2 times in a row, with new UI I keep getting "cannot connect to central hive" message, with old UI nothing.

reset router and verified game files as well. no idea, must be corrupted data I guess... :facepalm:

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

tried, got reset 2 times in a row, with new UI I keep getting "cannot connect to central hive" message, with old UI nothing.

reset router and verified game files as well. no idea, must be corrupted data I guess... :facepalm:

Odd. It hasn't been happening to me at all.

Are you connecting to local servers? what's your internet connection like?

You should probably report this as a bug. If you have noticed any pattern to it, then definitely report it.

Found SKS, AK74, mag and high cap vest at Pavlovo base! I didnt find AK since 0.55. Woohoo!

Killed 2 cows today. It was tough wrestling with the AKM enough to get hits on the cows, but I managed., Slightly disappointed that the leather pants only hold 2 spaces of inventory. 

Side note: Lots of people have been talking about overheating constantly. Makes me happy to be exclusively using the new UI to not see that XD haven't died from overheating yet.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 1

Had fun with this patch so far, reanimated my old squad and didn't die so far.

Its pleasing to shoot infected again :)

I had a few small problems but nothing game breaking. Only 2 small things to mention that are totally annoying. First the constant 'I am hot' status. Didn't overheat but iam constantly Hot, it doesn't matter what I do or I don't I can go swimming and cooling down, but a few minutes later i am Hot again.

Second are disappearing Helicopters, yesterday I looted a US crashsite only to turn around and wait for my friend and as j turned me back to the Helicopter it disappeared with my stuff I dropped there.

Today I found a russian crashsite only so find a svd that disappeared with the whole Helicopter as i need do defend myself from a hostile player. ( Got him ;) )

But everything else runs smoothly.

Could get my hands on an M4 or (kind of) SVD I think they are ridiculously rare? Also didn't find a Hunting Backpack, any tip where they do spawn?

Could get my hands on an M4 or (kind of) SVD I think they are ridiculously rare? Also didn't find a Hunting Backpack, any tip where they do spawn?

My friend found one in a hunting shack a few days ago. It was pristine, too.

Apparently there is some kind of bug that can happen while trying to fill a canteen that causes the character to sprint several meters before beginning a digging animation. My arms ended up looking like this too.

2015-12-21_00001.jpg

Looks like more fun than a barrel of monkeys...  Empty-vessel bug still at large. Upvote and add note please.

Edited by emuthreat

Absolutely love the christmas trees :D I was very much hoping for Teddy Bears again as well, or for the lights to somehow magically come on without the help of the chernarussian Electric Company ^^

Sliding issue with Cars still persists, got two cars stuck (One was a truck actually), after the new hotfix both cars were gone. Went to cherno as soon as I could but was unable to find one at the spawn points down there.

Still can't get over the amount of zombies slowly making their way back into the game. Killed 15 of them in a group of 5 people and I am having an apocalyptic time doing it!

Merry Christmas Devs, and thanks for the Christmas trees!!!

• Like 2

Seems to happen quite often I cannot pick up items, varying from cans to backpacks and jackets. Trying to "force sync" by leaving the house, close and open doors, do the climbing animation don't solve it.

Absolutely love the christmas trees :D I was very much hoping for Teddy Bears again as well, or for the lights to somehow magically come on without the help of the chernarussian Electric Company ^^

Sliding issue with Cars still persists, got two cars stuck (One was a truck actually), after the new hotfix both cars were gone. Went to cherno as soon as I could but was unable to find one at the spawn points down there.

Still can't get over the amount of zombies slowly making their way back into the game. Killed 15 of them in a group of 5 people and I am having an apocalyptic time doing it!

Merry Christmas Devs, and thanks for the Christmas trees!!!

Where are the christmas trees? I haven't seen any yet. 

Seems to happen quite often I cannot pick up items, varying from cans to backpacks and jackets. Trying to "force sync" by leaving the house, close and open doors, do the climbing animation don't solve it.

The "force sync", as you call it, that always works for me is to walk outside, close the door, punch the door a few times, then open the door and go inside to get the items . It never fails for me.

The other quieter technique I use with less success is to leave through the door I entered then reenter through a different door. 

Where are the christmas trees? I haven't seen any yet. 

The "force sync", as you call it, that always works for me is to walk outside, close the door, punch the door a few times, then open the door and go inside to get the items . It never fails for me.

The other quieter technique I use with less success is to leave through the door I entered then reenter through a different door. 

Okay thanks, will try that next time.