boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

So the tent is displayed on the ground (in vicinity), if you drag the tent from one ground slot to another - it moves!

It moves, it spins around and it doesn't care if there's trees in the way, it seems to bypass the tree clipping.

I relogged and found that the invisible item to be binoculars.

If I had more time tonight I'd see what other damage I could cause with this thing but alas, going out to dinner  :)

a few pics of said floating mil tent, oh did I mention it levitates too!

This is exactly the same behaviour like with the fridges (when they were in experimental); you could move them around in the same way. Even with old UI. It probably works with all containers.

What I would like to know if anyone was able to fix a double wheel in this update/hotfix. I'd found one, but then dropped it in Nowo, because I had to use my weapon (4 zambies). Then I found a reapir kit, but no double tires... so it would be interesting if repairing them works. If I might make a suggestion for stable in the meantime:

DEVS SPAWN ALL DOUBLE TIRES AS PRISTINE ONLY, PLEASE!

There - that had to be in caps, sorry! It's the natural solution to a bogged mechanic. And I actually expect this to be done before Christmas, because not being able to repair double tires is a serious problem when most of them spawn damaged and worn.

Edited by S3V3N

This is exactly the same behaviour like with the fridges (when they were in experimental); you could move them around in the same way. Even with old UI. It probably works with all containers.

Ah yes, I do remember trying to move the refrigerator in Tisy this way.

I wonder if I can place a tent in such way that the doorway is inaccessible to anyone who doesn't know the secret handshake  :ph34r:

edit:

Hmm I'm also getting 'unknown game version'

Have we all gone back to stable?

or do we wait for the devs/elves to finish their tinkering?

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

Has anyone been using the crossbow with holosight? Not only does the holosight not work, there are also some graphical glitches with it. Haven't had the chance of using other scopes, maybe there is something in common with the kashtan scope issues I've been hearing about.

This was yesterday. Today (with .130937 patch) seems better, but still not good. Reported a bug, if anyone wants to chime in.

Even if this hotfix or subsequent hotfixes seem to be working, please don't push them to stable. We have a well received stable version running right now, let's not ruin the holidays by trying to fix something minor and breaking a load of other stuff. Put it in .60 exp and test the hell out out it.

It's what Jesus would want.

Minor?  Minor?!?  I had my screen go black, and controls become unresponsive because I had the gall to drive a hatchback near a stuck sedan.  Had to tab out and close DayZ from taskman.  I would consider that to be a major issue.  The whole problem started because a sedan slid downhill from parking, rested on a post-and-rail fence, reoriented 90 degrees on server restart, and ended up stuck with the rail passing through the back seats.  .59 stable might be sufficient for run-around pew-pew action, but there are still major problems with the vehicles.

This shouldn't be happening in the first place:

KL77zCH.jpg

• Like 7

smersh vest - add to loot world  (not only heli crash)

already tired of these helicopters . Weapons app can still be there to look. But this discharge tired .

• Like 1

Played a few good sessions with Cold, emu, and Brooks.

Cold and I got sedan going pretty quickly.

amQz86c.jpg

Exterior car parts are despawning and the only thing I think that possibly triggered this was going from 3 wheels to 4.

We made a fire and cooked some meat Cold had acquired earlier.

Looking directly at light sources still can cause you to black out but thankfully I had a nice enough view.

ZdA6j9b.jpg

Apparently BBQ's make Cold er hot so he stripped down.

You could fairly see the manly dew glistening on his skin here.

lzN9H1R.jpg

We have been trying to test drive a V3S since the very first patch with new vehicles and up until tonight had never drove one further than a few blocks without disastrous results.

Cold was determined to get one rolling again (for the 6th time?) even though double wheels are no longer craftable.

Here he is seen awkwardly holding a hood he cannibalized for the build.

O9DihpA.jpg

We searched high and low for wheels in ever possible place we thought they could spawn.

a6eHULV.jpg

To no avail....

I logged off for a few hours leaving Cold to search for the elusive pristine or worn double tires.

When I returned, he had joined with emu and they managed to stick a sedan on some scaffolding.

I logged in near the truck and a nearby bus spawn and begun searching the immediate area.

Soon I found the missing bus double tire and wait for the guys to rally back to the bus so we can unstick their sedan.

A few rams with a bus will certainly do the trick....

qXEAedR.jpg

In short order we had 2 vehicles with which to continue our search for truck dual wheels.

SpXD6Bw.jpg

We drove to a nearby town and Cold and emu fanned out.

I stayed fairly close to the vehicles and decided to loot a small section away from where they were looking.

By the time I got to the 3rd or 4th shed I found a worn truck dual wheel!

We drove back to the truck and fitted it with the newly found tire.

Cold drove her for the most part and found the gearing to be a little tricky but manageable.

It may drive better on all pristine tires but we found it very slow to accelerate and had very little top end in comparison to the original versions of the V3S.

We then decided to go on a zombie hunt and found ourselves in good old Severograd.

The hunt seemed rather anticlimactic but I managed to shoot this nifty screenie of emu before we left.

9TLdL8O.jpg

We decided that NWA might be a good spot to throw some rounds down range and found that infected seemed to respawn there in quick succession and we had one of the longest most fun zombie shoots I've had in DayZ in a long time. Soon Brooks joined us and helped kill infected while Cold mostly looted.

nqvjmBO.jpg

I've had trouble with my Scorpion jamming when trying to swap magazines.

It may be that trying to load from the backpack inventory is bugged because loading from my jacket worked fine everytime.

Cold likes light sources when we are on empty servers and we were happy to see the lantern was visible from 100's of meters instead of being dim after 100 feet.

IZFbn1V.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 10

So, most of the problems with desync of items between clients still exist. Tires leave shadow copies on the ground, different players see different vehicle states (i.e. - one sees 3 tires, another sees one, still another sees all 4), infrequent but still troublesome rubberbanding, V3S double tires cannot be repaired, and the V3S is absolutely terrible. Perhaps it will exist in the stable of possible vehicles simply as the "at least I got something option", but I can't shake the feeling that this cannot be the way it was intended. I was able to cruise through the middle regions of the map topped out in 4th gear with the turbo on and not even slow down for 99% of the twists and turns in the road. If I read the speedometer correctly before the textures for the interior all disappeared, as they currently seem to do in all vehicles, the V3S tops out at barely 50kph. 30 miles per hour for a stripped bare, doorless 6x6 with a 7.4L engine in it?

• Like 4

Even if this hotfix or subsequent hotfixes seem to be working, please don't push them to stable. We have a well received stable version running right now, let's not ruin the holidays by trying to fix something minor and breaking a load of other stuff. Put it in .60 exp and test the hell out out it.

It's what Jesus would want.

Well received? The desync is horrendous to an almost unplayable state, and leaves wide open a dupe glitch.

• Like 1

So, most of the problems with desync of items between clients still exist. Tires leave shadow copies on the ground, different players see different vehicle states (i.e. - one sees 3 tires, another sees one, still another sees all 4), infrequent but still troublesome rubberbanding, V3S double tires cannot be repaired, and the V3S is absolutely terrible. Perhaps it will exist in the stable of possible vehicles simply as the "at least I got something option", but I can't shake the feeling that this cannot be the way it was intended. I was able to cruise through the middle regions of the map topped out in 4th gear with the turbo on and not even slow down for 99% of the twists and turns in the road. If I read the speedometer correctly before the textures for the interior all disappeared, as they currently seem to do in all vehicles, the V3S tops out at barely 50kph. 30 miles per hour for a stripped bare, doorless 6x6 with a 7.4L engine in it?

That's what Ive been saying all along , but all the cool euro kids chalked it up to "Americans don't know how to stick shift" lol .... Ya every vehicle including the beloved v3s is now garbage because of the new manual transmission . Can't wait for a proper vehicle patch , because trouble shooting all these vehicles and avoiding small slopes is just not fun (I like a challenge but this just isn't realistic one bit).

• Like 1

Just going to leave this here...

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

I wish they would stop adding stuff and fix what is in it now!

• Like 1

I wish they would stop adding stuff and fix what is in it now!

Oh they are , which is why we all discuss at length on these pages ! The devs implement half made content then fix it , but it does go slow but don't mistake that for not going at all ! FN FAL my favorite gun IRL for Xmas? Fuck yes bring it on !!

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Alright, the glock is finally in. :beans:  :beans:  This IMHO should be the most durable hand gun there is in the game. Mine in real life is a champ and I put several hundred rounds through it a year. All I do is clean it religiously after a shooting session and its ready for the next time every time. 

• Like 1

Both cars drive well as far as im concerned, as long as wheels are in good shape. Drive up steep hills no problem etc. Trucks/bus needs some love. Be nice if we kept the crying out of this thread and maybe in stable.... where it belongs.

• Like 2

Both cars drive well as far as im concerned, as long as wheels are in good shape. Drive up steep hills no problem etc. Trucks/bus needs some love. Be nice if we kept the crying out of this thread and maybe in stable.... where it belongs.

Once again , no one is crying , but we cannot tread on eggshells just because we like the game come on brooks I thought you were more experimental than this lol ... But anyways the bug trackers have been filed , now we can just wait and warn others of the impending frustrations . But also sedan does not drive up steep hills fine lol , I don't know what sedan you've been driving but they are just as challenged as the trucks and buses , the only good one is the hatchback!

Keep that "crying" coming folks as long as it's civil and don't listen to nay Sayers !

That's what Ive been saying all along , but all the cool euro kids chalked it up to "Americans don't know how to stick shift" lol .... Ya every vehicle including the beloved v3s is now garbage because of the new manual transmission . Can't wait for a proper vehicle patch , because trouble shooting all these vehicles and avoiding small slopes is just not fun (I like a challenge but this just isn't realistic one bit).

Well that is absolutely not true. The sedan needs more traction. 4th makes you spin out. The Lada works perfectly. The bus is nearly perfect as well. The V3S is the only one that is, imo, borked.

• Like 1

Once again , no one is crying , but we cannot tread on eggshells just because we like the game come on brooks I thought you were more experimental than this lol ... But anyways the bug trackers have been filed , now we can just wait and warn others of the impending frustrations . But also sedan does not drive up steep hills fine lol , I don't know what sedan you've been driving but they are just as challenged as the trucks and buses , the only good one is the hatchback!

Keep that "crying" coming folks as long as it's civil and don't listen to nay Sayers !

Are you trying to drive the sedan up hills in the woods or something? You do know that it is not and should not be intended for that, right? As I said before, the only issue I noticed with the sedan is that it has a rather severe tendency to spin out in 4th gear.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Are you trying to drive the sedan up hills in the woods or something? You do know that it is not and should not be intended for that, right?

And that is not what I'm yrying to do , but thank you for the assumption ! Vehicles are borked , all of them but the offroad IMO, oh and have you tried taking the bus up a hill with a curve in it ? Bad times bud bad times !

Edit : for what it's worth , the vehicles are drivable , but not in a long term manner , getting them stuck constantly trying to get to or from camp in the most ridiculous ways because of too little power , traction , and a fear of hills . Vehicles ARE borked for the most part , but if your opinion differs that doesn't matter to me , I just want people to realize this isn't a very good patch to go looking for vehicles because they are disappointing !

-snip-

I didn't assume anything. I asked you a question, hence the question mark. I defending against your statement that, "Ya every vehicle including the beloved v3s is now garbage because of the new manual transmission". The transmission is absolutely not the problem. Not even close. The cars sliding down hills? Not a transmission problem. You not downshifting where and when you should in a bus or trying to force it through places it really shouldn't go? Not a transmission problem. Your inability to get the sedan up PAVED hills? Not a transmission problem.

Every post you make makes you sound as though you are getting closer and closer to a state of hysteria and you have incorrectly identified the issues. Calm down a bit and look at this objectively. You should come play with us on Experimental one of these evenings so you can see that most of the issues are not what you think they are.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3