boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I miss the Christmas trees we got last year...   :(

md0g38.jpg

I thought we could at least have them for experimental, but time is running short before X'mas.

Last year they brought the Christmas trees in for the last Stable update before Christmas.. T'was the 0.52 patch.  

Hopefully they'll bring something of the sort back, along with some other surprises..   :)  Time to go test the new Exp build..

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 2

I played for 3 hours yesterday, smoothest game yet in 0.59. No dooping or disappearing of items, inventory worked fast, only one major FPS drop. I found Glock magazines but not the pistol, it was other way around before last patch.

We even killed some zombies in Severograd, but we were expecting more of them.

How are cars behaving?

Does some one like to meet on DE 0-1 for car testing? I have G19 with me if someone has a mag. (igor-vk)

Edited by Helldogz
  • Like 1

I wish there was simply a way to turn off bullet damage for the exp branch. I'm so sick of building vehicles to test updates only to be shot by some deranged kid who clearly doesn't understand the spirit of experimental. Didn't get my bus this time, no, no I drove it into the sea rather than give them the satisfaction...

The Good:  

1) The scopes and sights (Kashtan, RDS sights, etc.) that were visually broken are now fixed. 

2) Vehicles do not slide anywhere near as much as they used to. We even took all of the tires off of a Lada that was spawned on an incline and it went basically nowhere.

3) Attached body parts on vehicles do not appear to be falling off at random anymore.

4) Vehicles now seem to be able to unstick themselves much, much more easily than they did in previous versions of 0.59. 

The Bad:

1) Item synchronization is still very poor across clients. For example, one player will still see 3 tires while another player will see 4 on the same vehicle. In this same category, false duplicates are still occurring on other random items as well. For example, if I drop a box of ammo on the ground for a friend and that friend picks it up, I will still sometimes see a box of ammo on the ground. Even more troubling, the false duplicates of tires can still create solid barriers for traveling vehicles. Our bus was put out of commision for more than an hour because of one such instance. A false dupe of a wheel that was actually attached to the bus ruined the front two tires when the driver ran into it.

2) Random player deaths due to desync are still occurring. I died trying to walk into a shed. Right before I black screened to the "You are dead." message, I was suddenly waist deep in the map. A very similar thing happened to me on Stable this week and I have read player accounts of the same bug happening to them. Another friend of mine died simply walking down the main entrance steps on an apartment building. Both times that this happened to me, it was within 20 seconds of having descended stairs and while walking through a doorway which had a lip sticking up from the floor.

3) Occasionally, one player will not be able to move a vehicle at all, despite not being apparently hindered by any obstruction. The car will appear to vibrate very quickly on the affected player's client. If another player hops into the driver seat and moves the vehicle as little as a foot, the first player will then be able to drive the vehicle as normal. Cars are also sometimes appearing to be stuck, but then catching up with whatever movement commands were issued by the player during this time period. I rubberbanded forward about 30 meters, phasing through a rock wall and several trees, only to find my front two tires ruined. Also related, I hurt my leg and damaged my pants and boots by leaving the passenger seat of a vehicle that was stuck in this state.

4) Massive FPS drops, input lag, and desync occur when vehicles are within perhaps 100 meters of one another. This issue appeared to be less severe on the most recent previous version of .59 Exp hotfix, but still better than Stable. Also, the severity of the lag/bug/desync appears to be increasing relative to the number of vehicles in proximity to one another.

5) The old invisible zombie glitch is still kicking around. Emuthreat and I got the crap beaten out of us in Elektro by one such entity. Both of us logged at the same time and rejoined to see if that had any effect on the visibility of the offending infected but no luck.

6) Bus Double Tires and V3S Double Tires still cannot be repaired.

7) The distinct idle sound of the Lada is now missing. This was not the case in the most recent previous build.

8) Engine sounds are often not being heard by all players outside of the vehicle, but the sound of shifting a manual transmission is still able to be heard from 300-400 meters away.

9) The MP5k's iron sights are still improperly aligned. If one aims down the sights, all that can be seen the is the rear sight.

EDIT:

10) The RV1 RDS optic doesn't work either. If you hold it in your hands and look through the sight, you can see the red dot. Once it is placed in the MP5, the red dot is no longer visible whether the sight has a battery in it or not, whether it is turned on or off.

If any BI devs happen to read this and have a moment to respond:

Do I need to post all of these on the Feedback Tracker or is posting them here sufficient given the circumstances?

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 10

Do I need to post all of these on the Feedback Tracker or is posting them here sufficient given the circumstances?

Yes.

-snip-

You can also do something like this to try to bring it to someones attention.

Copying the name with meta data should give them a notification that they were mentioned.

SMoss

• Like 1

aside from the dual core issue that plagues my existence . Managed to do a bit of testing today . ( really should get a medal for being such a trooper ... ) if you only knew the frustrations.. 

Anywho. Went into Pavlovo military base , found some issues with zombies. 

Either I got into a fist fight with an invisible zombie, or they are able to hit me through the walls of the single door barracks .

They hit WAY too softly , didnt realised till now , how little dmg they actually do . Managed to go toe to toe with 6 of them , and walk away. Unarmed . 

They made me bleed, but did not break any bones, cause any infections from all those hits, or knock me out once.. 

They still are not attracted too or affected by , Flash bangs, smoke, torches , flairs . 

Yeah, only good thing about zombies is their increased numbers compared to 0.58. Still stupid, deaf, and stiff.

• Like 1

Zombies will also aggro vehicles, and ignore players after they exit the vehicle. They ignore gunshots and just try to dry-hump the vehicles until you put them down.

• Like 3

This build seems to have degraded very quickly.

If anyone was thinking about pushing this to stable on Monday, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT!

Yesterday, we had Cold, Bio, Brooks, and briefly, The Riddler.  We managed to get three Ladas, two sedans, and a bus going at the same time.  We also discovered quickly, that removing wheels will not make vehicles forget what static friction is. 

Once we got a few vehicles running, things were fairly fun for a while.  Finding helicopters randomly, while getting together wheels and players, was a nice start to a fresh server.  Tents were so abundant that we easily got a chance to set up four car tents, three mil tents, and a half-dozen civilian tents, with a barrel for each one.  We parked the bus, two Ladas, and one sedan in the same area to which we had taken all of the tents... and then some bad things started happening.

We had numerous problems with getting into a vehicle, and not being able to drive it; sometimes getting out to find the vehicle where it likely would have ended up in the direction that one had been attempting to drive it.  Cold had an accident getting out of a vehicle that I was driving, but was appearing to be going nowhere.  he stepped out of an apparently motionless vehicle, only to see it teleport away while ruining his boots.  Here is a documentation of this vehicle control bug, which can be fixed by trying a new driver for a moment; or as Cold discovered solo, by removing all tires, replacing them with same, logging out and restarting the client, and logging back in.

It was two videos because I stopped recording after documenting the bug for the first time.  When he tried, it worked, so we had to reset and demonstrate that a new driver fixed the immovable vehicle state.

The Problem

The Fix

Given some of the earlier difficulties we have experienced with vehicles, Cold and I spent some time focusing on vehicle proximity related issues today.

It was absolutely terrible.  The vehicle control lag and FPS drop at 100 meters is so obvious, that a Lada could be reliably used as a vehicle detector.  We could literally be given verbal instructions to the location of a vehicle, and know that it was near before seeing it; because there was a marked, and consistent performance drop in the vicinity of other vehicles.

Even when there were no other players or vehicles around, the vehicles would spin-out at low speeds.  Sometimes the brakes would even go out; leaving the acceleration, steering, and transmission still under the player's control.  I got out of a runaway car once while leaving Lopatino by downshifting, and then going neutral; I managed to get back in, and drive it okay for a ways, but when I stopped and got out halfway to Vybor, to help Cold with his immovable bus bug, I was standing back in the middle of the street by Lopatino.

We had to make sure not to take the same routes, or to give and maintain a head start.  This was necessary to avoid issues that commonly result in loss of control, ruined wheels, ruined batteries and plugs, stuck vehicles, permanently broken headlights; and a general urge to burn this particular iteration of DayZ onto optical disks, so that it could be inexpensively placed into urinals for the ceremonial worship of these new and terrible bugs.

Edit: if a bus happens to get snagged by a tall deciduous tree, do not cut down said tree.  It will fall on top of the bus, pushing it to an earthy grave.

Wjp0PRc.jpg

ColdAtrophy did not survive the dismount.  I believe he captured a video of the surreal experience.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 9

hey, i want know after hotfix is come, will be wipe char or barrels with cars? 

It really depends on whats exactly is fixed and if it is a prime stable candidate most of the time for char wipe.Expect just about everyone update or hotfix to have them if their significant.If they dont you should praise the day z gods for being so forgiven. Becasue in general day z likes to taketh period she's an ornery and genereally cruel and unforgiven bit*h....Dont ever get attached to your gear;espicially in an  participation in ALPHA testing.

Edited by Scarcifer

ColdAtrophy did not survive the dismount.  I believe he captured a video of the surreal experience.

Indeed I did. It's actually kinda funny watching this now. I was clearly thinking right up until the last axe strike that felled the tree that this was the best idea we had all day. 

• Like 6

Where is BCBasher? Did he quit forum? He was very active in this topic.

Edited by igor-vk

It really depends on whats exactly is fixed and if it is a prime stable candidate most of the time for char wipe.Expect just about everyone update or hotfix to have them if their significant.If they dont you should praise the day z gods for being so forgiven. Becasue in general day z likes to taketh period she's an ornery and genereally cruel and unforgiven bit*h....Dont ever get attached to your gear;espicially in an  participating in ALPHA testing.

So maybe need update game without problems in the end? i think this patch come to early, with a lot of problems :/ 

So maybe need update game without problems in the end? i think this patch come to early, with a lot of problems :/ 

When you are mergeing two different engines into a hybrid.It takes a lot of emmersive program thats compatable on both ends. When writing code with this factor when when thing is written even if its not directly related to something it still can break other things.... Try updating and checking the integreity of your files and idk if its still exsists,but awhile ago sometimes when you logged you'd start as a new sp[awn even though you werent dead if its the case with no update this happens immediate relogg and it may correct the problem.

Edited by Scarcifer

Is anybody playing the latest patch? I'm not really seeing anyone posting their experiences on here or on Reddit.

I like it. But I didn't find any cars. I like how inventory works smooth, but I played on low pop server.

just got done with a 6 hour run. 

managed to only kill a few zombies the entire time. Every town was either empty or only had a couple, as if i was following someone's footsteps , just missing them. . further evidence was all the empty mags i kept finding?

Weird thing though , is i jumped to 3 different low pop servers within this time line. 

Seen no animals, either 

Did manage to find a near pristine sedan , only missing tires 

couldnt figure out where the fuel went though

Oh , and to the guy I had in my crosshairs at the smoking heli by green mountain ... Your welcome ;) 

• Like 2

just got done with a 6 hour run. 

managed to only kill a few zombies the entire time. Every town was either empty or only had a couple, as if i was following someone's footsteps , just missing them. . further evidence was all the empty mags i kept finding?

Weird thing though , is i jumped to 3 different low pop servers within this time line. 

Seen no animals, either 

Did manage to find a near pristine sedan , only missing tires 

couldnt figure out where the fuel went though

Oh , and to the guy I had in my crosshairs at the smoking heli by green mountain ... Your welcome ;)

Implying he will ever read this and not just use his newly found assault rifle and go on a big killing spree, making countless bambis in elektro ragequit and uninstall.

What have you done?

• Like 1

Implying he will ever read this and not just use his newly found assault rifle and go on a big killing spree, making countless bambis in elektro ragequit and uninstall.

What have you done?

I'm sure the bambi's have numerous other reasons to ragequit than players with guns. Namely terrible fps in cities and large towns and the fact that you cant see whatsoever at night.

(snip)... and the fact that you cant see whatsoever at night.

Is that so for you? I wonder, as it's quite the oppsosite for me. I can see really well at night. And I like to keep my gamma slider on the darker side too.

It just feels very well balanced to me. I can safely maneuver through towns, can even loot places without any lightsource, but I might miss one thing or the other occasionally - naturally.

Maybe check your monitor settings, as most come with their own gamma settings... ? Really just being curious.

I can see fine at night as well.

Anyway, just got a car working and all I had to do was get a battery :D

thats dayz for ya, just gotta take things as they come I guess.

PS: that sedan is a beast

Edited by jayfkay