boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I didn't assume anything. I asked you a question, hence the question mark. I defending against your statement that, "Ya every vehicle including the beloved v3s is now garbage because of the new manual transmission". The transmission is absolutely not the problem. Not even close. The cars sliding down hills? Not a transmission problem. You not downshifting where and when you should in a bus or trying to force it through places it really shouldn't go? Not a transmission problem.

Every post you make makes you sound as though you are getting closer and closer to a state of hysteria and you have incorrectly identified the issues. Calm down a bit and look at this objectively. You should come play with us on Experimental one of these evenings so you can see that most of the issues are not what you think they are.

Again, assuming will be bad for you ... I use low gearto get up hills , I know how to use manual transmission now after a little tinkering , it's really not hard but does need work ... Maybe you should calm down man , as it seems you are the only flustered one here !

Edit : I may have to give the sedan another chance bexause the only experience I have is trying to get three different sedans out of positions in which it was stuck in between an object and a hill , no way to go back no way to go forward , so IMO that falls under power / traction issues. But I will give sedan another chance, maybe I can find one on flat ground this time .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

Again, assuming will be bad for you ... I use low gearto get up hills , I know how to use manual transmission now after a little tinkering , it's really not hard but does need work ... Maybe you should calm down man , as it seems you are the only flustered one here !

I'm not flustered at all, but if you won't accept my invitation to show you that you are wrong, then so be it. I'm not going to bicker with you.

• Like 1

I know it might not be related to the current discussion, but, is the patch worth it out of the vehicle problems ? Or should i stick to stable...I personally try to stay away from vehicles and like more the ''Hermit'' playstyle hehe ! So the vehicle state don't bother me at all 

that falls under power / traction issues. 

Traction is part of the issue, but that has nothing to do with power in most cases and the traction issues are caused by physics problems. It seems to me that the vehicles are either getting snagged by static objects that they touch on either side like fences, buildings, trees, etc. (which is pretty weird since gravity and friction don't have that kind of effect when forces are applied left or right except when on an incline but even then you should be able to scrape your way off of the object holding you back), or have their tires glitched just barely into the map and are therefore are not actually making contact with the map surface. On a flat surface, you can rotate the tires and fix them having been glitched into the map. When the body of the car is being held stuck in a specific position by a map object, rotating the tires doesn't help because the body is not free to move back to where it should naturally be and give the tires the room they need to be back above the map surface.

Most of this seems to be bugs associated with how the cars are treated by the physics engine or how the vehicles interact with map assets and not the configuration of the transmission itself. In many cases, more power wouldn't help at all because the power you already have isn't even being factored into the equation. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I'm not flustered at all, but if you won't accept my invitation to show you that you are wrong, then so be it. I'm not going to bicker with you.

Exactly , we both have differing views, but fact of the matter is you seem to think I'm experiencing things this way because of user error / incompetence , it's sad to see you can't view it any other way but manual transmission is in its infancy ; it's bound to need fixing and re working, I just don't get how you guys can rule out all others experiences and chalk it up to incompetence simply because you guys have had different experiences .. Oh well we will see soon enough when another update comes out and suddenly the vehicles are more powerful (and to their real life counter parts!). I don't doubt you and your groups experiences but it is hard to believe that manual transmission had nothing to do with vehicle borking when as soon as manual transmission came out the only reliable vehicle (v3s) started the to have issues !

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Grapefruit kush

When they put cannabis in I would like to grow my first crop with you, dog.

Also, you should join us in TS3 some time when not playing with your cousins/friends, or drag some of them over too if you like.

I guess you all should know by now that you are welcome to join our discussion and play sessions on The Riddlers TS3 channel, Welcome to the Jungle.

"YOU'RE ALL WELCOME"

• Like 4

I must say like cold, bus is nearly perfect. I drove that thing from elektro to novaya petrovka going from 3 valley, mista, novy sobor, stary sobor, going through very steep hills on non-paved route and had practically no problems. Just need to give her some love.

• Like 2

Grapefruit and ColdAtrophy -- you're more alike than you are different. We're all family here. I'm having a pretty terrible day myself, but I hate to see two people I consider friends of mine duking it out over something so trivial. Have a drink, smoke one, do whatever you need to do, and let's all get back to working together :)

• Like 5

I must say like cold, bus is nearly perfect. I drove that thing from elektro to novaya petrovka going from 3 valley, mista, novy sobor, stary sobor, going through very steep hills on non-paved route and had practically no problems. Just need to give her some love.

I agree. It was tough at first, but once you understand how to use the first two gears to get up to speed and keep momentum when traveling up inclines, third gear can do most of your normal driving. I actually think that the bus may just be my favorite new vehicle, although the Lada is fun for banging around in the woods.

I also enjoy how fast one can complete the route from Vavilovo to Sveltojarsk with the sedan. That thing can really fly on the Northern highway, although 4th should be avoided at all costs. It loses traction super easily at those speeds.

I have one final thing I need to test on the V3S before I can make a final, final judgement on it. My V3S last night had two worn double tires and two pristine. Since one cannot currently repair those tires, I was unable to see how it handled with full pristine tires. Also, I did a little research and it turns out that the Praga V3S in real life has a top speed of 60kmh rather than the current in-game 50, and that the truck is really more of a heavy lifting platform of sorts. It seems to be designed to perform in so many different applications that it makes me wonder if they plan to throw several more variants at us. It may be that the eventual goal is to allow the V3S to be used more as a utility truck for performing certain kinds of work, rather than something to drive around the game world as a daily driver. 

• Like 1

Grapefruit and ColdAtrophy -- you're more alike than you are different. We're all family here. I'm having a pretty terrible day myself, but I hate to see two people I consider friends of mine duking it out over something so trivial. Have a drink, smoke one, do whatever you need to do, and let's all get back to working together :)

I'm actually not trying to fight with the guy, I'm just having a hard time articulating myself today. I was up until 3 AM last night and spent an obnoxious number of hours on these two hotfix patches. Because of the impending interruption of development due to the holidays and the fact that the devs pushed the current Stable build faster than I had expected, I'm feeling a little pressured to find these issues, identify them correctly, and pass that information along. When Stable builds are chock full of bugs, I, perhaps inappropriately, feel a certain amount of responsibility for that as an avid Experimental tester. Perhaps I'm not being as patient as I should be in how I am speaking on all of this here today with Grapefruit.

I'm going to take pictures this evening to give context to what I am trying to say about where the problems are coming from. It may help. I get the feeling that between my lack of patience and my inability to succinctly describe the root of the problems we are still seeing, I am pissing in the wind.

EDIT: I also hope that Grapefruit isn't taking this personally. I'm not trying to attack him. We both obviously care about DayZ and fixing the issues transcend either of our personal beliefs or feelings on the specifics. I would be betraying myself, the devs, the community, and the game if I saw what I thought was an incorrect evaluation and didn't immediately speak up. It has absolutely nothing to do with him as a person.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 6

I agree. It was tough at first, but once you understand how to use the first two gears to get up to speed and keep momentum when traveling up inclines, third gear can do most of your normal driving. I actually think that the bus may just be my favorite new vehicle, although the Lada is fun for banging around in the woods.

I also enjoy how fast one can complete the route from Vavilovo to Sveltojarsk with the sedan. That thing can really fly on the Northern highway, although 4th should be avoided at all costs. It loses traction super easily at those speeds.

I have one final thing I need to test on the V3S before I can make a final, final judgement on it. My V3S last night had two worn double tires and two pristine. Since one cannot currently repair those tires, I was unable to see how it handled with full pristine tires. Also, I did a little research and it turns out that the Praga V3S in real life has a top speed of 60kmh rather than the current in-game 50, and that the truck is really more of a heavy lifting platform of sorts. It seems to be designed to perform in so many different applications that it makes me wonder if they plan to throw several more variants at us. It may be that the eventual goal is to allow the V3S to be used more as a utility truck for performing certain kinds of work, rather than something to drive around the game world as a daily driver.

The truck im working on is only missing 1 pristine double wheel. When i find another pristine one, i will let you know the result. But i still have a special love for the bus, hell i was even accelerating in a very steep hill on the 4th gear.

The truck im working on is only missing 1 pristine double wheel. When i find another pristine one, i will let you know the result. But i still have a special love for the bus, hell i was even accelerating in a very steep hill on the 4th gear.

You can repair the Bus Double wheel, just not the V3S Double Wheel. Take the tire off the vehicle. Place it on the ground. Put the Tire Repair Kit in your hand. Move over the wheel on the ground (not in inventory) and use the scroll wheel. You should get a "Repair Tire" prompt. Hit your action key. Even if the tire doesn't appear to be fixed or if it still shows damaged in the vicinity window, once you pick it up the condition will update.

• Like 2

I found Glock and mag for it!! Just braging! :)

Pictures please? I've been looking forward to this thing since they first showed the model.

• Like 1

There are pics on reddit, my are not very good. They spawn in police stations. Also found FAL folding butstock in one of new baracs in Zelenogorsk

• Like 5

Why wont any scopes attach to the Fal? It seems to me both RDS and Acog would exactly fit the rail by the looks of it but then again I am clueless about such stuff. Probably not the right size or it has yet to be programmed I guess.

Why wont any scopes attach to the Fal? It seems to me both RDS and Acog would exactly fit the rail by the looks of it but then again I am clueless about such stuff. Probably not the right size or it has yet to be programmed I guess.

jelly...

jelly...

jelly is the reason why no scopes will fit or you are jelly of me owning a FAL? :P cuz I dont atm, got the info from a youtube video.

also @Biohaze, how is the firerate of that glock? Can you fire it faster than for example the CR75? I love the FNX for its firerate, maybe the glock will be its 9mil counterpart.

Edited by jayfkay

So you can see how many rounds are left in magazine (in real life).

But seeing how many ammo in magazine was possible in Dayz mod, on G36 transparent magazine.

• Like 1

I noticed that the iZurvive online map has been updated to reflect the last map changes, notably the terrain changes in the Northwest.

Although there's not much up there it might still be useful if you're trying to share coordinates.

• Like 1