boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

-snip-

also @Biohaze, how is the firerate of that glock? Can you fire it faster than for example the CR75? I love the FNX for its firerate, maybe the glock will be its 9mil counterpart.

Actually, ColdAtrophy tested the fire rate.

I believe he thought it was a higher rate of fire than the CR75 yes, but I personally couldn't say by how much really.

Low sway/recoil seemed to be evident as well, which is always nice.

• Like 2

Had a nice run this arvo with a couple of mates on the Singpore server...for some reason the AU servers are down again.

Vehicle desynch for the passengers is improved, only a couple of little stutters but for the most part, really impressive. Mate found a FAL...awesome sound. Iron sights are amazing on it, we were doing 300m shots with the iron sights.

Glock sounds and shoots like the CR75...so more work required there, but the glowing sights are cool.

Be careful driving, the tyres on our Lads were getting damaged and ruined when we rolled it, makes having a spare and a tyre repair kit an important thing.

We are seeing some newer bugs with player/vehicle desynch.

At first these only happened a couple of times randomly and now we're seeing it more and more.

Sometimes a player will try to drive and the vehicle will act stuck, shaking and jittering, but not be hung up anything at all.

If another player gets in they can drive a few feet get out and then the other player can then drive.

Another bug is when one player gets in to drive and starts moving, the player position won't update and it will seem like you are teleported to the location eventually or in one particularly bad case the person got out to try to fix it and ended up where the car was formerly and we had to back track to pick them up.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I must say like cold, bus is nearly perfect. I drove that thing from elektro to novaya petrovka going from 3 valley, mista, novy sobor, stary sobor, going through very steep hills on non-paved route and had practically no problems. Just need to give her some love.

Some love and also pristine wheels will help ;) But I like the bus a lot, too. It's like a minigame getting it where you want. However, I got our bus stuck on nothing a couple of days ago and it's still stuck there without anything we can do about it. That was in Pustoshka in the west part of the map - make sure you stay close to the supermarket when going through town, as you will get stuck on the fence opposite of it, somehow.

It doesn't look stuck, but is:

2015-12-15_00048_zpszboconje.jpg

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Had a nice run this arvo with a couple of mates on the Singpore server...for some reason the AU servers are down again.

Vehicle desynch for the passengers is improved, only a couple of little stutters but for the most part, really impressive. Mate found a FAL...awesome sound. Iron sights are amazing on it, we were doing 300m shots with the iron sights.

Glock sounds and shoots like the CR75...so more work required there, but the glowing sights are cool.

Be careful driving, the tyres on our Lads were getting damaged and ruined when we rolled it, makes having a spare and a tyre repair kit an important thing.

Interesting, I thought the dsync had gotten worse with the new updates on exp. Hopefully if the dsync is getting improved they can push this to stable soon?  

We are seeing some newer bugs with player/vehicle desynch.

At first these only happened a couple of times randomly and now we're seeing it more and more.

Sometimes a player will try to drive and the vehicle will act stuck, shaking and jittering, but not be hung up anything at all.

If another player gets in they can drive a few feet get out and then the other player can then drive.

Another bug is when one player gets in to drive and starts moving, the player position won't update and it will seem like you are teleported to the location eventually or in one particularly bad case the person got out to try to fix it and ended up where the car was formerly and we had to back track to pick them up.

Had this happened to me on stable

Some love and also pristine wheels will help ;) But I like the bus a lot, too. It's like a minigame getting it where you want. However, I got our bus stuck on nothing a couple of days ago and it's still stuck there without anything we can do about it. That was in Pustoshka in the west part of the map - make sure you stay close to the supermarket when going through town, as you will get stuck on the fence opposite of it, somehow.

It doesn't look stuck, but is:

2015-12-15_00048_zpszboconje.jpg

We have a bus stuck in the exact same spot on Pink Mist server. After a server reset the bus had done a 180 and was still stuck. After another server reset the bus was on the other side of the street and still stuck. We did all the usual, removing tires, making sure all tires were pristine etc...nothing worked.

• Like 1

Flash-bangs seem to be functioning now, don't know if it's been mentioned.

Went to a cop shop today, found a loose door I assumed was left by a player forcing his way in. I re-shut it, but soon after a zombie got in leaving the door jarred behind it. If that's not a glitch, it's super exciting. 

Edited by MotleyKoop

So who all thinks it's retarted you can't put the pistol scope on the magnum or as i call it the swagnum?So many people hunt with large caliber revolvers here in the states that have scopes.Even though its not commonly found on .357 caliber.It is usally higher caliber Revolvers that get them,but .357's you do see from time to time with scopes.I really dont care if they make it so that you have to craft the mount/rail system after mod fabrication techniques are implemented,but this is something that needs to be addressed. Also maybe after mod/shop crafting you could make the Laser sight for the fnx .45 that goes in where the recoil spring is.Which they have even though its more common on springfield XD's...This would save a slot and give you the oppurtunity to attach a different accessory like the flashlight for example.

The Misfits server left an offroad tire at Northeast airfield in main building with hanger attached.Wanteds to announce that before it despawns.

I have to go back to class in a few,but would like to get as small group to run tonight. My daughter is gone and my final exams will be over so I'll have time to finally game. This is a shout out to The Originals[a.k.a the UnTouchables :)]. No offense to you other guys,but i have trust issues with new players that i havent spoken to previous or have good standing in the original crowd... Please pm me on here or steam if your friends with me on there. My last class is 1900h Eastern time.Exam shouldn't take that long and only live 15-20mins from campus. I have nice connection speed so I'm willing to play on just about any server.

Edited by Scarcifer

Flash-bangs seem to be functioning now, don't know if it's been mentioned.

Went to a cop shop today, found a loose door I assumed was left by a player forcing his way in. I re-shut it, but soon after a zombie got in leaving the door jarred behind it. If that's not a glitch, it's super exciting. 

yeah i testing them the other day. On myself unfortunately,but it was in the name of science..It definately worked it had a weird delay before i was blinded though and it hurt my leg being too close to the explosion which is nice and authentic feel on the hurting leg part.Becasue if your too close to something exploding even a flashbang it should hurt you espicially with its casing.

Actually, ColdAtrophy tested the fire rate.

I believe he thought it was a higher rate of fire than the CR75 yes, but I personally couldn't say by how much really.

Low sway/recoil seemed to be evident as well, which is always nice.

Okay, its confirmed. The thing fires a lot faster than a CR75. https://youtu.be/7Qc1PNKiLQo?t=38s

Still curious about the FN FAL scope situation tho.

• Like 3

What are the holes with numbers for?

Bullet count. In real life you can remove the mag and see the bullets left in the mag via those holes. (With the appropriate number of bullets written on the mag.) 

• Like 2

jelly is the reason why no scopes will fit or you are jelly of me owning a FAL? :P cuz I dont atm, got the info from a youtube video.

Okay, jelly retracted.  Found one last night after a few hours of looking with Bio 'n' Cold.

P9OUGpv.jpg

• Like 2

--Cross hairs on the VSS scope are still too light. The lines need to be darkened up just slightly .

Cant be seen in certain lighting very well when contrasted against a dark background. 

Be nice to be able to use the Hunting scope on it as well ...... 

--The sound on the VSS is .. well not there yet. Its silent to animals and zombies , but can be heard by players a couple hundred meters away. Checked some youtube vids and from what I can tell it sounds like you could replace its current sound fx with something more like the Amphibia S . 

--The screen overlay when looking through the scope, seems off center , Like the cross (+) is a little to the left of center, It feels like it should be where the 10 is. 

--Frag Grenade Area Of Effects damage is still not calculating properly . If you drop one in the center of a group of zombies or cows , it will only kill a couple of them , regardless of their position in relation to point of explosion . ( in other words, drop it at the bottom of a ladder with a bunch of zeds under you , the one standing on the nade might live , while the two standing 3 feet away will die. ) 

Edited by J0nathan

Checked some youtube vids and from what I can tell it sounds like you could replace its current sound fx with something more like the Amphibia S . 

After reading your post, I did the same. I've heard louder paintball guns than the VSS. I'm genuinely shocked at how quiet it is.

After reading your post, I did the same. I've heard louder paintball guns than the VSS. I'm genuinely shocked at how quiet it is.

For a semi auto which typically by design are not as quiet as say a bolt action of the same cal would be , due to the gas leaking out from the bolt and shell ejection . The VSS was designed to deal with these issues. It is most likely one of the best guns for its designed job you will ever see. 

Its only real downfall , ( due to its ammo type ) in urban combat is over penetration . 

Facts from Wiki 

The VSS is normally fed from a 10-round magazine and fired semi-automatically. Should the operational need arise, the weapon can be used in fully automatic mode using either its original 10-round magazine or the 20-round magazines from the AS rifle. 

I haven't checked yet , But I don't know if the select fire works . And we still need the 20 round mags .. and maybe a 75 round drum mag.. you know.. because zombies and stuff ..... 

It uses a subsonic 9×39 mm SP-5 cartridge to avoid a sonic boom

Translated into game mechanics, I believe if you're the person being shot at , you should not hear the crack of the bullet , just the impact sound if close enough. 

Additionally, the bullet is very effective at penetrating body armor. It is equipped with a hardened steel or tungsten tip and can penetrate a 6 mm (0.2 in) high-density steel plate at 100 m; a 2 mm (0.08 in) steel plate or a standard army helmet can be fully penetrated at 500 m; however, the rifle is typically employed under 400 m.

I have not been able to find anyone willing to go through testing these features with me , to see how well it works or how different levels of body armor in DayZ will affect its dmg

For carriage and concealment the rifle is dismantled into three main components

Maybe could be added later to work like the M4 and other ARs . Since the gun is so OP I would think it best to have the 3 parts spawn in separately . Would be nice to be able to break it down and fit it inside a backpack. 

I can't speak for you PvP guys, but so far, against Zombies and Animals, this is the best gun I have ever seen in DayZ , loving it for the survivalist gameplay. 

• Like 2

Still curious about the FN FAL scope situation tho.

There aren't any optics listed as being attachments in the FAL's config file. Only the ghillie wrap, improvised suppressor, and the two buttstocks.

Finally got a chance to spend a few hours on the hotfix again tonight and got myself a Glock! It's old news at this point, but I was still excited. Still need to try the FAL, because I think I'm going to fall in love with it.

Only saw one vehicle tonight, and it was in Vavilovo. Someone managed to do this with it:

Alr1oUe.jpg

Still feels good to have zombies in a lot of places again. Saw all of these fellows just as I was getting close to Vybor:

psdBs3u.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

There aren't any optics listed as being attachments in the FAL's config file. Only the ghillie wrap, improvised suppressor, and the two buttstocks.

Thought so, but as I posted one page ago, the nato sights should definitely fit the rail, so maybe they will change that?

• Like 2

Thought so, but as I posted one page ago, the nato sights should definitely fit the rail, so maybe they will change that?

They didn't put the rail there for nothing...

-snip-

We managed to fit the spare wheel in its spot on the offroad

ZMz24PW.jpg

-snip-

How did you get the wheel in the spare wheel slot?

I can't seem to do it in either newui or oldui. I've tried using the scroll actions while holding the wheel but there was no option to do it no matter how I positioned myself or the cross hair. I've tried just dragging it into the inventory, and a bunch of other failed things. All to no avail.  :( please help.

How did you get the wheel in the spare wheel slot?

I can't seem to do it in either newui or oldui. I've tried using the scroll actions while holding the wheel but there was no option to do it no matter how I positioned myself or the cross hair. I've tried just dragging it into the inventory, and a bunch of other failed things. All to no avail.  :( please help.

This was before the hotfix so something could've changed as it normally does. But I believe Gary Walnuts and I just dragged the wheel from hands to car slots, next to the other wheels and it just appeared there. I did rotate all wheels though before attaching the 5th wheel. I have an off-road on stable so I will see if I can reproduce and get back to ya just in case it changed with the hotfix. Also i was using new ui.
  • Like 1

Also just wanted to say to Coldatrophy and Emuthreat - thanks for the info and pic on teamspeak the other night, I tried to give beans but Teamspeak is outdated compared to the good ol forums :)

• Like 4

This was before the hotfix so something could've changed as it normally does. But I believe Gary Walnuts and I just dragged the wheel from hands to car slots, next to the other wheels and it just appeared there. I did rotate all wheels though before attaching the 5th wheel. I have an off-road on stable so I will see if I can reproduce and get back to ya just in case it changed with the hotfix. Also i was using new ui.

<_< I'm stupid. That was it. In newui you drag it into one of the car slots then 'Add Attachment'. Don't know how I missed that one but I did.

Thanks for the info though  :D

• Like 1

Okay, jelly retracted.  Found one last night after a few hours of looking with Bio 'n' Cold.

P9OUGpv.jpg

So weird to see the FN Fal back to it's crash site spawn... Brings back memories from the mod!  :lol:

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

So weird to see the FN Fal back to it's crash site spawn... Brings back memories from the mod!  :lol:

:thumbsup:

This is how I felt when we got loot back in deerstands.  Hallelujah! :P

• Like 1