boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Is it just me or are there no 0-1 servers from any region up at the moment?

I can't get to my camp in AUS 0-1 :(

im just scared of losing the ol stash... you know... all the other servers are up n running tho.

Teamspeak, or agreeing on a given radio frequency would go a long way for coordination. Just be sure to let me know too.  :D

I was playing with a streamer or we would have undoubtedly been in TS together. Oh well, funny how it all went down, and it all turned out okay in the end :p

Is it just me or are there no 0-1 servers from any region up at the moment?

I would say be on the lookout for some sort of announcement today. Not going to comment on this too much without knowing what's going on.

im just scared of losing the ol stash... you know... all the other servers are up n running tho.

You really shouldn't get too attached to stashed gear on Experimental Branch :P

• Like 2

You really shouldn't get too attached to stashed gear on Experimental Branch :P

Thats why I gave you my beans. :beans:

• Like 1

Boom. Finally got the party bus up and running.

2015_12_02_00007.jpg

Took her on a tour across the map from East to West before hitting a zombie at speed, ruining the bus and getting into a huge fight with Z's and players :lol:

2015_12_02_00012.jpg

2015_12_02_00014.jpg

The one major issue we faced was the lack of power even in first gear, it was really hard to get up some fairly tame hills. Part of the issue is that any time a single wheel leaves the ground (happens a lot due to size of wheelbase and angles in the road surface) the revs would drop instantly to 50% and the bus would begin to roll backward.

Another major drawback currently for me at least is the forced time acceleration. Night time is fundamentally broken in DayZ:SA due to gamma workarounds and the fact it never actually gets dark, just loses colour. I find myself wanting to hop servers when it starts to get dark (a VERY short time after it got light) just because i don't want to play in black n white. If darkness was actually dark and lighting was a necessity i would LOVE night time. As it stands night is just a mess it seems most people would rather avoid.

Either way that was a very fun 6 hours, loving experimental right now despite the very small drawbacks mentioned above. My framedrops when loading players have also decreased dramatically since yesterday morning, so thanks devs :D

• Like 8

Boom. Finally got the party bus up and running.

Not sure what's going on with your pictures, but I can't see them unless I get the URL and load them in a separate tab. I would like to offer some advice on that, but you're the first person I've seen use that particular image hosting site. Maybe it's just me, but I don't usually have trouble viewing images on any of my computers :P (Anyone else able to see them? Would be nice to know if it's just me.)

One thing I forgot to mention last night: hand drill kits are currently bugged and will allow you to light an infinite number of improvised torches. Seems to consume the kit in one use on a fireplace, but I lit a ton of torches last night using a single hand drill kit. Filed here: https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28842

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but I don't usually have trouble viewing images on any of my computers :P (Anyone else able to see them? Would be nice to know if it's just me.)

I can't see them either.

Not sure what's going on with your pictures, but I can't see them unless I get the URL and load them in a separate tab.

Weird, i can see them fine on the post. You're the first person to mention this and i've posted using that site many times on here :huh:

I like the loot distribution, but the respawns are really a bit fast. Picked up a wheel and a jerry can spawned in its place imediately. I checked the 1p server for Camp Friendly, but it is gone. Guess we have to rebuild better!

There is a disturbing desync lag I get at random when alt-looking around on 3p or just changing view, e.g. into scoped view (when in town). It's the same frame stutter that killed me yesterday. When I open food on the ground with a can opener from my bag, it disappears when I have no slots in my backpack. Nowhere to be found on the ground. "R" reloading works again, if you have mags (tried with CR527); not sure if there is a quick-button method to reload magazines.

Most of my encounters were friendly. Dayz is completely random about it. And I love that! Some asshat in Berezino kept VOIPing non-stop and magically always ended up where I was going. Maybe direct voice should attract zombies, too. We'd have a lot less chatter in town and people using the radio more.   

Post some vids of your bus-tours! Or pictures. I expect crazy stories, soon. A bus is shit to hide anyway, so I hope we'll see them more often on the roads than the other vehicles. We need a bus driver's cap + outfit, but for now policeman will do.  

• Like 1

My friend and I played in one of the 1pp servers tonight. The server with the lowest ping for me (sadly about 220) was in the US.
I'm not sure if it was because of the lag but we had a lot of trouble with zooming our vision. It kept looking down the iron sights or rapidly zooming in and out. Neither of us could lean either. We tried with our guns lowered, raised and iron sighted but nothing worked. I also kept getting that thing where you stop, run on the spot then look down the iron sights. but I was getting this in 3pp too.

If it was not the lag, maybe the 1pp servers are running something different from 3pp on the server side??

-

And while I'm here. Please, we need a 2nd Australian exp server! Preferably 1pp. :P

Edited by LucidHills
  • Like 1

Weird, i can see them fine on the post. You're the first person to mention this and i've posted using that site many times on here :huh:

2015_12_02_00014.jpg

If I try and link it myself using the URL you provided in your post, it doesn't work either. If I visit the URL in a new tab, it does a URL redirect to something other than the image file itself. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? Most image services don't do a redirect like that (i.e. Photobucket, Imageshack, Imgur).

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic :p

Edited by Tatanko

I can't see the first two, but the third image I can see fine. Not sure if that's what the others are seeing too.

Are the first 2 different from the 3rd in any way?

Had a lot of fun with Dudester last night.  

Part 1

I was in Tisy and he was near Novod, we met about half way in Kamensk town.

The plan was to get some bus wheels and see if we could get a party bus rolling.

I had found some .308 on the way and decided to leave my gun at camp in the hopes of finding a Blaze on the way,

That left me with only an Amphibia and it's 10 round mag (that's some cheap foreshadowing)

We met up in Kamensk and right away we found a bus wheel, I held onto it while we looted the rest of town.

Just before we were about to leave Dudester was filling up at the well and that's when the horror began:

Our assassination by a ninja who moved like a whisper, he seemed to be in two places at once, even his gunshots were nondistinct.

"I'm shot in the leg!"  Dudester yelled out

"From where?"

"I dunno, from the right maybe"

"Which right?"

"The one over by the green house!"

"Which green house?"

And so went our communication breakdown.

Fortunately, Dude had sticks on him so he made a splint and ran a few meters, then was shot down again.

Again in the legs.  This guy either needed to zero his scope or he was just a sadist.

In retrospect, I believe it to be the latter.

The Professional had let off about 4 shots by now, 2 of them got Dudes legs, we think he had a blaze.

I finally got eyes on him, just for a moment.

I let off a few paltry shots with the Amphibia, I don't know if they hit and he disappeared back into the forest.

Dudester got patched up and we ran behind a garage, looking for any movement then *BAM* another shot in Dudester's legs.

I saw the flash this time.  He was taking two shots and then he'd move position, like a ghost.

One more time, Dude splinted himself up.

We hightailed it into the woods but sure enough he was on our tail, another shot rang out, Dudester went unconscious.

I finally got one good look at him and fired the last few shots of my Amphibia at him, then click-click-click I was empty.

Just as I was pulling out my splitting axe he was all over me with an MP5 .... Dead.

He went back to Dudester and just put him down, no shit-talking at all.

Whoever you are, Mr. Simo Hayha, oh great Wayne Gretzky of DayZ, I'll be damned if that 1 on 2 assault wasn't a thing of beauty.

Part 2

We respawned as two rubes in Balota and managed to loot up a few necessities,

checking out the airstrip quickly and looting the town too.

Dudester mentioned heading over to Prison Island while we were close and so we made our may to Kamarovo.

We saw a police car in the middle of the road and headed over to it

when a fully geared player popped out of the Police Station carrying a bus wheel.

He ditched behind a fence and we made some friendly small talk and he came out still holding the wheel.

This of course was a good sign that he wasn't going to shoot us in the face, at least immediately.

We got to talking with the friendly Brit and he said that there a was a bus here about an hour ago,

he was gathering up parts to get the thing going but when he logged back in the bus was gone.

We told him of our plan to go to prison island and offered for him to join us if he wanted to

but he said he was going to meet up with some friends further east and have a run at some pvp.

He also said that we cant go to prison island without any weapons,

and so without warning he just dropped a loaded repeater, some smoke grenades and assorted other stuff.

We thanked him and went our separate ways.

Upon reaching Prison Island we noticed that a few things might have changed.

I haven't been there in a few patch or two but there is now some docks there,

two directly in front and a small dock on the western side.

Unless my memory fails me, the small barrier islands in front seem to have changed a bit too.

Loot was scarce on the island, not much there but a few AK's, no mags and a lot of paramedic gear

though I did find a cr75 and later a mag for it also. 

Once we realized that there was no one else on the island we cut some wood and had a nice fire to warm up,

then we called it a night,

I think Dudester put some extra sticks in his inventory just in case we met up with the Professional Legbreaker again.

Another great night on EXP, cheers to all the people who make this game what it is,

whether it's the solo guy looking for a challenge as he fires on two players in an empty northern town

or a fully geared friendly on the coast giving loaded weapons to freshies  :thumbsup:

• Like 7

*snip*

Another great night on EXP, cheers to all the people who make this game what it is,

whether it's the solo guy looking for a challenge as he fires on two players in an empty northern town

or a fully geared friendly on the coast giving loaded weapons to freshies  :thumbsup:

That made for a great story, hopefully you don't run into that guy again :P

Kinda want to see if anyone finds that little hatchback and the Volha and sets up a race with them lol

Like I said before: the servers I chose always go down. This time it's UK03 where I have all my stuff. Is there any reason why UK03 and a couple other aren't restarting?

Couple of things I forgot to add.

- yesterday's playing session was long. I think the more I progressed, especially in the car, lag build up. I had more and more of it the longer I played and didn't want to relog and lose my spot on the server. I eventually did and it only fixed access to the car (couldn't remove wheels before). It was the kind of lag that's almost a freeze, but lasts only 1-2 seconds. It happens randomly when I look around or change view.

- deer and animals in general seem to spawn plentiful now and are reactive. So you can actually do the hunting thing where you get closer while they are feeding, stop when they're looking. Very cool!

Also seen good variation. Deer around Severograd, Cows at the industrial area north of Solnichny, boars and foxes at the edges of forest and in fields and chicken in fields, too. The pig we shot also did its dying animation, so I guess that trigger is fixed now. I see myself going hunting a lot more. I was able to get much closer than in the previous patches. Perfect shooting distance! If you're patient you can probably also hunt well with bow and pistols. 

I also can't stress enough, how much I like the loot distribution. I know it is a little easy right now, but the way I'm getting the stuff I find is like: "uh a piece of candy...uh, another piece of candy..." it just progresses nicely. I don't find the biggest backpack or weapon with ammo right away, but I get there fairly straight. My choice is usually to go for Police cars and stations first, get a CR or/and a Skorp and then see if I can find any 308 or 7.62x39. Making camps helps a lot when you're carrying that one rifle you can't seem to find ammo for. I like stashing stuff for a while to have a backup and more space in my inventory.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

I was just in the Barracks up north at the derelict base on a 1pp server.  Sorry to say but there's lootsplosion in that building, plenty of AK's but no mags for them, lots and lots of scrubs, plate carriers, pouches, holsters, boots, combat knives, some SKSs and 10 round speed loaders for those and the Red 9s, at least one turtle pack and some small assault packs.  The new barracks was fairly empty, the usual stuff there and the jail was barren as were the vehicles up in that compound.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

- yesterday's playing session was long. I think the more I progressed, especially in the car, lag build up. I had more and more of it the longer I played and didn't want to relog and lose my spot on the server.

You might get some help from the flush command.

I know Mean Gun Morris was using it and it prevented him from getting memory crashes in the previous patch.

It might be worth a try since you don't have to log off and lose your spot on the server.

-Hold Left-Shift 

-Press the Minus key on the numpad

-Release Left-Shift

-Then type flush

You won't see anything screen as you're typing but if it works you'll see a black screen and then everything will re-render.

The whole process should take about 10 seconds.

• Like 1

So, we got some 1PP servers back it seems?

Awesome!

Also, I'm seeing some recent Steam DB activity for Exp...

:ph34r:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Infamous "THE TEST 1" is back and several servers are (still) down. I guess we'll see another update tonight and hopefully a full return of all servers. 

Something else I forgot to add: I've been playing with newUI for about a week now. It was confusing in the beginning. However, I really got used to it and actually like the way you don't look at hunger and thirst any more. I overeat once at the start of a character and once you know your stuffed levels it becomes pretty intuitive and fun. I used to spend a lot of time looking at my health and keeping everything bright green. That's time I spend elsewhere now and my character's still healthy almost all the time. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

So, we got some 1PP servers back it seems?

Awesome!

Also, I'm seeing some recent Steam DB activity for Exp...

:ph34r:

Yup, all exp servers down... New exp with new thing for us to try? We'll see...

• Like 1

Looks like experimental will be solely 1pp tonight for about 12 hours straight !!! First person lovers rejoice ! Everybody else riot !!!

My bbcode isn't working on mobile (even when I try to go full site style) so maybe someone can make something out of this :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/672103480341958658

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 4