boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Looks like experimental will be solely 1pp tonight for about 12 hours straight !!! First person lovers rejoice ! Everybody else riot !!!

My bbcode isn't working on mobile (even when I try to go full site style) so maybe someone can make something out of this :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/672103480341958658

Here you go....

• Like 1

So what do you guys think ?! It seems no 3PP players have chimed in !

Someone replied "Grr," to the first post.

The 3PP PvP drone warriors are gonna git raept.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Looks like experimental will be solely 1pp tonight for about 12 hours straight !!! First person lovers rejoice ! Everybody else riot !!!

My bbcode isn't working on mobile (even when I try to go full site style) so maybe someone can make something out of this :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/672103480341958658

Wow this could be a lot of fun!

Gets a lot of us out of our comfort zone for a while

• Like 2

So what do you guys think ?! It seems no 3PP players have chimed in !

The 3PP PvP drone warriors are gonna git raept.

That's someone in this thread. I'll let him make himself known  :lol:

• Like 1

version # 130753

No wipe.

Infected are in.

Edited by BioHaze

Yeah, that was me (scubamac) on Twitter.  I did thank him for the heads up though

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Alright, OD Combat Shirt, OD Cargo pants, Beige Jungle Boots, Combat knife, AR 15 w/8 full mags, M9 with 4x full mags, plate carrier with plates, pouches, holster, an OD MICH helmet and a can of peaches.  Oh, wait, not DayZ me, that's real life me.  Never mind.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Looks like the servers are coming down.

Maybe config tweak?

Also, since the last big hardware failure, it seems like the builds/builder is compiling much faster.

Like, -1 hour to live?

Edit: without a wipe or a car to work on, there isn't a whole lot to inspire me to play on this patch.

I can only play a short while before I go take care of some RL stuff but not enough time to really focus on a vehicle.

Maybe after dinner tonight I'll try to meet up with someone or have a go at a small car myself.

Edited by BioHaze

Looks like the servers are coming down.

Maybe config tweak?

Also, since the last big hardware failure, it seems like the builds/builder is compiling much faster.

Like, -1 hour to live?

Coming back up now, at least I see them in the list again.

Edit:  

Strange, I joined the US East 1PP and saw my 3PP character where I left him on Prison Island.  

For the record, I couldn't go into 3PP mode either.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

You can see the UK and other later time zone places are full up and the US servers much less so.

I bet they will fill up after school into prime time EST....

Dual cores still suck?

When I got home at 5am est , I tried and it looked like dual core issue had been fixed, was able to play for a couple hours before I went to sleep. 

Now that I'm awake I see a lot of status updates and seems like a new patch has happen. 

Unable to find a slot on any server yet to see if dual core still working at the moment 

• Like 1

Unless something is glitching out on me, I'd say devs let the 3PP characters move over to the 1PP hive.

Originally I spawned in as a freshie, but then about 10 minutes later the servers went down

and when they came back up, I have my 3PP character now playing 1PP.

• Like 3

Unless something is glitching out on me, I'd say devs let the 3PP characters move over to the 1PP hive.

Originally I spawned in as a freshie, but then about 10 minutes later the servers went down

Ah I hope this is intended. I've been wanting to play 1pp this week. 

I didn't partake in putting a bus together, but a friend on the TS did. He was successful in getting all the parts while in Cherno and drove the bus out of town.......only to crash it into a rock and high center the bus  :D  :D

Did you spawn under the bridge @ Vybor?

That could be the old, "Naked and Afraid in Vybor" glitch.

That happens when someone spawns in at the same time as you at the same spawn point (I believe).

Personally my 1PP character is far better equipped so I would hope he doesn't get pushed out by my 3PP character if I log in tonight....

Did you spawn under the bridge @ Vybor?

That could be the old, "Naked and Afraid in Vybor" glitch.

That happens when someone spawns in at the same time as you at the same spawn point (I believe).

Personally my 1PP character is far better equipped so I would hope he doesn't get pushed out by my 3PP character if I log in tonight....

No not Vybor, I got a Cherno spawn, the one way out on the dock at the piano house.

I was looting my way to Balota Airstrip and about half way there by the gas station/road block is when the servers went down.

When they came back up I rejoined and had my 3PP character, inventory and location.

I logged back out and in again just to be sure.

I couldn't say though whether it's a glitch or intentional.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that I fought an infected with an axe in Novo and it was one of the worst melee interactions with infected I have ever had.

The infected couldn't hit me though I was standing point blank in front of it.

Some of my hits didn't seem to register and general frame by frame reproduction of what was actually happening seemed poor at best.

Hmm, the KOS is strong with this one...

Just wanted to test the new patch, first guy I see, I start to talk to him, he answers and then come into my house. I wave hi, my guy raises his fists, the dude says "No fight" raise his weapon and kills me...   <_< 

Pretty stable patch overall, not much desync or lag, but that being said, not ready for stable yet, as the -newui is still horrible...

edit: Please fix the "wave" animation. For the past year+, when you hit F1, half of the time your character raises his fists at the same time...

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 4

Hmm, the KOS is strong with this one...

Just wanted to test the new patch, first guy I see, I start to talk to him, he answers and then come into my house. I wave hi, my guy raises his fists, the dude says "No fight" raise his weapon and kills me...   <_< 

Pretty stable patch overall, not much desync or lag, but that being said, not ready for stable yet, as the -newui is still horrible...

edit: Please fix the "wave" animation. For the past year+, when you hit F1, half of the time your character raises his fists at the same time...

I don't think I've ever had my fists come up when I hit F1....

Can anyone else verify this?

Is there a possible key binding conflict in your config?

Edit: Lack of stable update + new stuff has drawn the stable population over to Exp, Odin.

Now add the fact that servers are mostly full and you'll find yourself defending a whole lot more.

I was thinking about this a bit and realized I greatly prefer a constant threat of infected to constant threat of player.

I didn't come to DayZ for PvP. I came to DayZ because it offered so much more + PvP.

I have avoided shooters for decades really but love survival horror/killing zombies.

For a long long time I have consider people who play only shooters to be sort of the anti-gamer, really no fun at all...

And of course the infected would offset/add to PvP encounters in their own special ways.

*SIGH*

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I don't think I've ever had my fists come up when I hit F1....

Can anyone else verify this?

Is there a possible key binding conflict in your config?

Since December 18th 2013, whenever I hit F1 to wave "hi", half of the time the character raises his fists. I've seen it on many occasions with other players too. It's pretty common honestly, surprised you never saw it before...

On a side note, did anyone else notice the red berries have changed models. Are they still edible?

1268t9e.jpg

• Like 5

Since December 18th 2013, whenever I hit F1 to wave "hi", half of the time the character raises his fists. I've seen it on many occasions with other players too. It's pretty common honestly, surprised you never saw it before...

-snip-

Huh... now I'm going to want to test this out next time I log in.

If it's ever happened to me maybe I blew it off but I feel like I would remember.

Good catch on the berry models.

• Like 1