boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Huh... now I'm going to want to test this out next time I log in.

It looks like this.

You don't have your fists up.

2quq9nb.jpg

You press F1 and bam, right fist is ready to fight while you wave with your left hand. Some might consider this hostile....  :rolleyes:

20sf8kl.jpg

• Like 2

US SouthEast 02 is missing from the server list .. FYI thats where I stashed ALL my 9mm ammo and mags for the Red9 I just now finally found :(

Weird PING sound when I click 
71u6iv.jpg

Is annoying and uncalled for lol ( made me jump the first couple of times ) 

Performance for Dual Core is still kinda sluggish ( or possibly due to high server traffic?) 

Perma night time ( or so it seems) Coupled with short battery life . Is getting a bit old , like .. really fast 

Distance from Tisy to Stary Yar  seems to have shortened ? 

Edited by J0nathan

Since December 18th 2013, whenever I hit F1 to wave "hi", half of the time the character raises his fists. I've seen it on many occasions with other players too. It's pretty common honestly, surprised you never saw it before...

On a side note, did anyone else notice the red berries have changed models. Are they still edible?

1268t9e.jpg

Still edible. Just ate some today.

On another note, I got into an altercation involving hostile use of firearms. It was your typical random KoS situation and I forgot to load my pistol beforehand resulting in my death.

However, not a hint of desync, which was pretty impressive considering that I was in a big town, Severograd, had 4 people or more in close proximity, a ton of zombies and a full server.

I could hear the shots being fired, heard the impacts, didn't see anyone skating around, and luckily/unluckily when I got shot there was no odd delay between impact and injury.

That being said, fuck that guy.

• Like 5

Hmm, the KOS is strong with this one...

Just wanted to test the new patch, first guy I see, I start to talk to him, he answers and then come into my house. I wave hi, my guy raises his fists, the dude says "No fight" raise his weapon and kills me...   <_< 

Pretty stable patch overall, not much desync or lag, but that being said, not ready for stable yet, as the -newui is still horrible...

edit: Please fix the "wave" animation. For the past year+, when you hit F1, half of the time your character raises his fists at the same time...

I don't think I've ever had my fists come up when I hit F1....

Can anyone else verify this?

*SIGH*

Absolutely, definitely can 100% verify this bug.  Thing is no idea what causes it.  Sort of related to the hit v to jump a fence and then you are crouching.  Did I hit the x side of the v key?  WTF??  

• Like 5

I don't think I've ever had my fists come up when I hit F1....

Can anyone else verify this?

Is there a possible key binding conflict in your config?

Edit: Lack of stable update + new stuff has drawn the stable population over to Exp, Odin.

Now add the fact that servers are mostly full and you'll find yourself defending a whole lot more.

I was thinking about this a bit and realized I greatly prefer a constant threat of infected to constant threat of player.

I didn't come to DayZ for PvP. I came to DayZ because it offered so much more + PvP.

I have avoided shooters for decades really but love survival horror/killing zombies.

For a long long time I have consider people who play only shooters to be sort of the anti-gamer, really no fun at all...

And of course the infected would offset/add to PvP encounters in their own special ways.

*SIGH*

My preference is definately dayz, however I also love the survival/zombie thing..

For this I occasionally play "7 days to die" to get my infected kicks - and dieing happens a lot lol..

• Like 1

-snip- and dieing happens a lot lol..

Sounds dreamy....  one day, one day.... (*said in Travis Bickle voice) "...one day a real horde is going to come down and wash the scum off the streets (of Cherno)".

• Like 1

Unless something is glitching out on me, I'd say devs let the 3PP characters move over to the 1PP hive.

This has been the only official word about characters:

When I sign on later, hopefully I'll see my 3PP character. I did have a 1PP already going though, too.

Please fix the "wave" animation. For the past year+, when you hit F1, half of the time your character raises his fists at the same time...

I'm hoping that's something that has been put off in wait for the new player controller. It's always plagued me as well.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the red berries have changed models. Are they still edible?

Blue berries should be different as well. As the red berries are now based on Rosa canina, the blue berries are now based on Sambucus nigra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambucus_nigra

Click the link for the image of the new model. The raw image is a transparent GIF that would look horrible on the default black background of the forums :p

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Blue-coloured_Berries

• Like 1

Right after being killed by the guy I mentioned earlier, I hit respawn and try to get back there to get some vengeance. That's where I grabbed some berries and noticed the new models.

10 minutes after, I found a shotgun, and 2 rounds in a quick loader from a deer stand, and a hundred meters away, there was a boar.

After a bit of running back and forth chasing him, I finally took a shot and got it. Only 1 shell left at that point, but was very glad to get the pelt for my favorite backpack, and some meat to cook and eat.

snkuvr.jpg

Doing some cooking. I kept the cooked lard in case I meet Tatanko.  ;)

34gvpqo.jpg

After eating up, I headed towards Rogovo where I was killed. On my way there, I encountered another player. Like always, I made the wiggle dance like in the mod, and he did the same. We approached each other and started talking. He wasn't hostile in any way and in fact, gave me some shotgun shells for my MP-133 and a stack of .357 in case I come across a magnum.

Another reason why, even after just being killed, I still give a chance and talk before shooting. (Even though I couldn't do much anyway with only 1 shell...)

vwyg0i.jpg

Thank you mister Nobrain, if you ever see this. (He's french so: Merci beaucoup Nobrain, c'est très apprécié!!)

• Like 4

I'm hoping that's something that has been put off in wait for the new player controller. It's always plagued me as well.

I know it's almost sure to be fixed with the new player controller and animation mechanics, thus I shouldn't have asked for it, sounding a bit desperate too. 

I guess it was too fresh in my mind that it was probably the reason I had been killed.  :lol:

• Like 2

Doing some cooking. I kept the cooked lard in case I meet Tatanko.  ;)

I regret that I have become known for this  :lol:

• Like 4

So earlier, I had mentioned filing a feedback ticket for the hand drill kit. I noticed that I was able to light torches with it repeatedly, never consuming the kit itself -- unlike lighting fireplaces. Since it has always gotten used up lighting fireplaces since it was introduced in 0.57, I had assumed that this was the intended behavior and that I had encountered a bug. Fortunately, I was wrong! :)

The actual intended behavior is that the hand drill kit is reusable. This kind of makes sense now that I think about it. In one unintended twist, the hand drill kit has gained an advantage over matches. I'd still take a box of 100 matches that takes up one slot any day since I'll never use them all, but I'm glad that the Design team gave it enough thought that the kit has several positive attributes rather than simply being useful because it's crafted. That's pretty cool.

• Like 8

I wonder if I should hop onto AUS 0-2 and run down to the coast to see if my stash is still there.  It had some decent stuff, namely mags for the CZ527 I could use with some other stashes....

I guess not

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Will the lack or power/torque on vehicles plus the stutter when being a passenger (which is obviously a try for a fix) be fixed for stable

Will the lack or power/torque on vehicles plus the stutter when being a passenger (which is obviously a try for a fix) be fixed for stable

I'm sure there will be improvements to the balancing of the gears and new sounds later on. From what I can tell the hatchback has already improved quite a lot. I had no problem with Torque getting out of a pond yesterday. However, I think the transmission shifts much too fast from 2nd to 4th gear. I would usually (in RL) drive a lot in 3rd, but I find myself skipping it altogether. If fuel consumption and noise was adjusted to be optimized in 3rd, I'd cruise a lot more, instead of going full speed and lagging out my passenger. I do hope lag issues for passengers will  be fixed, but I think it will be a long process.

I wonder if I should hop onto AUS 0-2 and run down to the coast to see if my stash is still there. 

Don't bother. My camps are gone, so will be yours. Unfortunately I had decided to craft a bus double-wheel while I was still playing 3rd person. Now I had to run around with the wheel in my face, until I found a tent again and stored it. Can't really see much while carrying a truck wheel, and I'm lucky the game-gods smiled on me. I must have looked like a walking target...

Carface:

2015-12-03_00002_zpsf7ub40fx.jpg

2015-12-03_00001_zpsomulqznd.jpg

Generally - I like playing first person. It levels the playing field, nobody can look over their shoulder and the game becomes more "real". It's especially nice when with other people and you see them prancing around in front of you, instead of being just another puppet. After a while I forget about third person and when I play 3rd p again, I often stay in 1st. It's definately the best way to play, but both modes have their advantage. Sometimes it's more boring just walking in 1st, I don't know why.

About the berries. The red you can eat, but the blue/dark are elderberries, which are also edible, but can give you poisoning in RL when you overeat on them. There is probably barely a chance for that, since we don't binge eat on berries in-game, but I do wonder if they can make you sick. I accidentially drank some gasoline while carrying a can. Didn't even see a cancel option with the new UI. A couple of houses later found some charcoal tabs when I got the sick message. That cured it quickly. Luckily they are around a lot more now. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 7

Anyone here play any Arma? I have. And the desync in vehicles has yet to be truly fixed, even in arma3. The dev team has some big hurdles to jump. I really hope they can land on their feet this time.

• Like 5

About the berries. The red you can eat, but the blue/dark are elderberries, which are also edible, but can give you poisoning in RL when you overeat on them. There is probably barely a chance for that, since we don't binge eat on berries in-game, but I do wonder if they can make you sick. I accidentially drank some gasoline while carrying a can. Didn't even see a cancel option with the new UI. A couple of houses later found some charcoal tabs when I got the sick message. That cured it quickly. Luckily they are around a lot more now. 

I used to eat lots of berries at various points in the game, the red berries were always edible, but the blue ones were poisonous all the time, it wasn't just from overeating them. I wonder if it's like that now, and it's only a chance rather than a certitude. 

• Like 2

Anyone here play any Arma? I have. And the desync in vehicles has yet to be truly fixed, even in arma3. The dev team has some big hurdles to jump. I really hope they can land on their feet this time.

That must be limitation in engine. 99% of time there is desync in vehicles. We had AI helicopters and Reapers UAVs on server and they were rubber banding all the time.

Problem is bigger than Dayz, it's in all BI games

That must be limitation in engine. 99% of time there is desync in vehicles. We had AI helicopters and Reapers UAVs on server and they were rubber banding all the time.

Problem is bigger than Dayz, it's in all BI games

My point

I'm not having much luck at the moment.  Every time I get on I have about 10 mins play then the servers go down lol. Never mind.

So i take it storage units got deleted last night ? 

I had two ammo boxes stashed with all my spare ammo in it , and both are now gone 

I'm looking for Glow Plug, maybe someone can trade it? PM me if interested, I'm near chernogorsk

So i take it storage units got deleted last night ?

I had two ammo boxes stashed with all my spare ammo in it , and both are now gone

You are correct. Characters were not affected, but storage persistence was wiped.

Anyone know what the red "Runtime : 7 - 0" box is to the right of the screen occasionally in .ExP?

Edited by KenoSkir88