boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Oh man, I just realized.... I want right shoes and left shoes, right gloves and left gloves.

They should take independent damage and be mix and matchable too, because why not.

Why stop there? Shoe and clothing sizes! With ones too small not fitting and ones too big slowing you down.

…Not really. :D As much as I'd love to laugh at someone wearing one combat boot and one pink sneaker, this is probably not worth the dev time.

However, you will hit slightly above with the hunter scope even at very short range (10-50) meters - (test it out dev team!)   :)

Yes, that is an expected behavior, because, before reaching the zeroing distance, the bullet travels 'above' the line of aim.

At very short ranges, your impact will be high by, at most, the height of your scope above the barrel.

EDIT: A simple schematic to visualize the above, with RH being the 'zeroing' value you dial in in DayZ —

TargetShooting3.gif

(Image borrowed from a Wiki article on the Rifleman's Rule, which is very useful when camping NEAF from Ostry).

Edited by Veyda
  • Like 2

Rule breaking has consequences; think before you post. - Community Rules

I have, and feel that sharing what I feel is not breaking any rules.

But go ahead hide or delete my post.

I'm not the only one who feels or thinks this way, nor will I be the last I'm sure.

Q: What am I supposed to do with this game at this point?

A: Test it out report any bugs or idea's I may have in hope's that it may help out.

Q: Hows that working out for you?

A: Well it is alpha and a lot of the features don't really work properly or at all. If I report any thing negative I'm bombarded by fan boy sycophant's, or my post is removed due to the negative light it may shine on the game. It is not my intent to cause any negativity, but to only contribute to the discussion on development.

Q: So why do you keep on going back?

A: At first it was the understanding that it is in development and things are bound to not work. Then it was all the promises of what was to come.

Q: So what happened?

A: Well I'm not real sure. The dev blog is a bit misleading, and the change log list things that are not even in the patch it pertains to. Most recently they updated the stable patch and it felt more like taking two steps backwards. Yeah they added stuff but broke things that were fixed, or at least I thought they were.

Q: So what are you going to do now?

A: I think I'll just go be anonymous, and sit back and watch this train wreck happen.... Again.

Lesson: Video games are multi-billion dollar industry. With that comes a lot of get rich quick schemes, well intended game designers taken advantage of by smiling corporate liars that screw them and the gaming community with this carrot and stick routine. Take a good look at how many games that offer early access in there development stage wind up inexplicably taking a nose dive mid way through development. Which is explained away with, well we did this differently, we started at this point, or my favorite, we are learning to...., Seriously. Hire a damn tutor then.

Hurt levels are off scale in this girls butt

So who is actually enjoying this patch ? I played under an hour and almost vomited :P Lots of awesome new stuff however, I am getting this issue where my character ice skates around and i cant control it.. anyone else ? also the brokken hands bug  :o

I expected this patch to be so good because it took 2 months to release.. I keep thinking we will see a shit load of zombies in just a month.. just one more month... just another month.. jus.. never

ANYWAY ! alpha right ? i dont wanna be one those angry kids that doesnt understand development, let alone dayz's 

think its time for liquid to have a break...

might see you folks in a few months :D

Edited by liquidcactus

So who is actually enjoying this patch ? I played under an hour and almost vomited :P Lots of awesome new stuff however, I am getting this issue where my character ice skates around and i cant control it.. anyone else ? also the brokken hands bug  :o

I expected this patch to be so good because it took 2 months to release.. I keep thinking we will see a shit load of zombies in just a month.. just one more month... just another month.. jus.. never

ANYWAY ! alpha right ? i dont wanna be one those angry kids that doesnt understand development, let alone dayz's 

I like being able to find new stuff that i had never found before. The new look to the citys are also pretty cool. Being able to watch a zombie crawling after you after a non-lethal shot is awesome. Although they crawl WAY to fast. Sure there are issues but for the most part this patch has been enjoyable for the most part.

• Like 1

pls. don't add new items in next patch 0.58, but fix the issues in patch 0.57 instead with random items vanish when u hold them and interact with different objects like water pumps and V35.

And pls. fix tents so it saves items - so I can have fun when I'm fully geared with end game content.

Now it's like fully gear and hope I die so I can gear up again with no end game, because tents doesn't save items after server resets. 

(It shows the vanish bug in this video at 4:20)

Edited by Ori42

Why stop there? Shoe and clothing sizes! With ones too small not fitting and ones too big slowing you down.

…Not really. :D As much as I'd love to laugh at someone wearing one combat boot and one pink sneaker, this is probably not worth the dev time.

Yes, that is an expected behavior, because, before reaching the zeroing distance, the bullet travels 'above' the line of aim.

At very short ranges, your impact will be high by, at most, the height of your scope above the barrel.

EDIT: A simple schematic to visualize the above, with RH being the 'zeroing' value you dial in in DayZ —

TargetShooting3.gif

(Image borrowed from a Wiki article on the Rifleman's Rule, which is very useful when camping NEAF from Ostry).

It's funny how movies and tv shows get stuff so wrong and then everyone thinks what they saw was real. The point where the bullet level's out and is no longer climbing and has yet to start falling is called "Point Blank Range" even though the media has tried to convince people it refers to shooting someone from a couple feet away. I really liked playing with the sporter and hunting scope, but I just hate trying to handle two rifles and dropping one every time I want to eat or drink etc. I still prefer the AKM/silencer/kashtan scope/75 rd drum because when things get hairy, I can hip fire spray my way out :-P  Nice Illustration.

Edited by Excanto
  • Like 2

Honestly, since we know about most of the current bugs, there's lots of workarounds for them....

I played about 35-40 hours during 0.57 experimental and stable, and I have to admit that I didn't lose anything, at all, do to the "vanish"/"broken hands" bug.

I didn't even have the bug where double carrying could not let you vault or you would lose the item in your hands. I have no problem what-so-ever when vaulting.

Anyway, I don't mind 0.57, but it's not my favorite, mainly do to the easiness of the current build, and the rarity of animals. But that being said, looking forward to 0.58!

• Like 1

I was wondering if any one had found MP5 OEM buttstock and an AK Handguard Rail.  I have looked around for them with no luck are they still in the loot? And any news about persistence being switched back on?

I was wondering if any one had found MP5 OEM buttstock and an AK Handguard Rail.  I have looked around for them with no luck are they still in the loot? And any news about persistence being switched back on?

Both of these are not in the current loot tables. Can't find them. Like batteries and a few other items too. (M4 Magpull grip and stock, CQB buttstock, etc.)

Edit: OEM buttstock is confirmed to be missing, but it seems fellow member IMT has found an AK handguard rail.

Edited by Odin Lowe

It's funny how movies and tv shows get stuff so wrong and then everyone thinks what they saw was real.

Let's also not forget certain popular FPS games of the multi-platform variety.  ;)

…I do hope that A3 projectile physics can be refactored for DayZ use, though.

There are so many 'internal' assets Bohemia can utilize that I'm wondering why they haven't…

Character reset if you join a server is still a thing.

Lost my fully geared char with AUG, M4 and MP5.....

• Like 1

ive had that a couple of times, but ,meh, get them once, get them again

Has happened to me as well, in my case only when carrying an AUG, could it be related to the AUG?

I think the character reset has more to do with the server?

Today I joined a public 1pp server and had a character reset. I immediately logged off and joined another 1pp public server and got my old character back.

• Like 1

Both of these are not in the current loot tables. Can't find them. Like batteries and a few other items too. (M4 Magpull grip and stock, CQB buttstock, etc.)

That's not true, the handguard rail does spawn because I found it once. Guess they are very rare though.

So who is actually enjoying this patch ? I played under an hour and almost vomited :P Lots of awesome new stuff however, I am getting this issue where my character ice skates around and i cant control it.. anyone else ? also the brokken hands bug :o

I expected this patch to be so good because it took 2 months to release.. I keep thinking we will see a shit load of zombies in just a month.. just one more month... just another month.. jus.. never

What is the broken hands bug??

So who is actually enjoying this patch ? I played under an hour and almost vomited :P Lots of awesome new stuff however,

I cant play it either, it is a great time for a break.

My server response is great, and I think its a great plan to set a standard and commit to server performance.

There is plenty of new stuff, which is fun, but I did that on experimental when I actually had to try and survive.

That's not true, the handguard rail does spawn because I found it once. Guess they are very rare though.

Then you're the first one to find it, as I never seen one in 0.57, nor did I see someone report it was back in, as we had already shared a list of missing items and it was part of it, like all the M4 attachments,etc.

Care to post a screenshot of it and tell us where you found it? I'm curious.

-snip-

I dunno...

It occurred to me when I was thinking of a turn of events where I was shot in the foot.

When someone gets shot in the right/left leg in the future I hope it staggers that particular limb/side.

So if that's the case, why are both shoes ruined?

Maybe this should be considered as a post 1.0 addition/detail?

What about animations for putting on your respective clothes articles?

This would be similar to being vulnerable during an animation when looking in backpack, which I believe is a planned feature.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Back when the rail for the AK was for sure spawning, it was very rare. I recall going ape crazy in a military splosion, setup a tent a mile away with all my stuff and went back and hauled tons of stuff out of the barracks into a field and dumped it so I could see what was underneath all the gear. Back and forth I went. Stuff was respawning pretty fast, by the time I got back to the first barracks, it was mostly full again and after a couple hours of that I found a rail. Now since the current update that we are in now, there are lots of things I have not seen. The rail for the AK is one of the things I have not seen, but that doesn't mean it isn't currently in the game. Plus the fact that there are a ton of players that do not come here and report. FYI, I ran along the coast and found a place where there were several boats out in a marsh near where that island is offshore. Not the prison island. There were several nets there.

Edited by Excanto

So I played a little this weekend. Honestly missed playing even with the conditions of this patch. Decided i'll just do some PVP since no persistence etc. So got pretty damn geared pretty quick on the coast (military clothes and weapons). Decided while on Welcome to the Jungle which was full at 50 players to go check out Berezino and its new layout. Let me say, I really really LOVE!! the new layout and added buildings. I nearly got my head taken off by somebody taking in the sites. :D Seriously, really well done dev's. 

ANYWAYS, I wanted to see if anybody else has had issues while in the upper floors of buildings? I decided to go hide out in an old place while hearing lots of gun shots in Berezino and after about 10 minutes of hanging out upstairs I was suddenly dead. I was crouched on the third floor of the building off the main road next to the pub closest to the coast. The server was performing poorly as well I noticed lag/desync in my movements so maybe I just somehow fell out of the building? I heard a younger kid close to me saying "hello" right before I died but the building i'm in has floors that make it very obvious when somebody is inside with you. I waited about 2 mins on the "You are Dead" screen just to see if I could hear somebody come loot me but never heard anything. 

I plan to go back inside that building again recording my game play to see if its indeed the building (kinda like fire stations used to be) but thought i'd see if anybody else experienced this. 

THANKS!!!

• Like 2

ANYWAYS, I wanted to see if anybody else has had issues while in the upper floors of buildings? I decided to go hide out in an old place while hearing lots of gun shots in Berezino and after about 10 minutes of hanging out upstairs I was suddenly dead.

I plan to go back inside that building again recording my game play to see if its indeed the building (kinda like fire stations used to be) but thought i'd see if anybody else experienced this. 

THANKS!!!

I've noted a few posts of this sort  but not concerning any particular building, upper floors seem to be the common denominator.

I believe you know where to find the Bug Tracker !

Thanks.

• Like 2

I dunno...

It occurred to me when I was thinking of a turn of events where I was shot in the foot.

When someone gets shot in the right/left leg in the future I hope it staggers that particular limb/side.

So if that's the case, why are both shoes ruined?

Maybe this should be considered as a post 1.0 addition/detail?

What about animations for putting on your respective clothes articles?

This would be similar to being vulnerable during an animation when looking in backpack, which I believe is a planned feature.

this brings me to walking in water i become fully soaked, yeah that's realism isn't it