boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Any reason why I can't get back to 'healthy' or at least 'healing' once hurt? I am again fully green (bright) and all limps are still attached, yet the screen stays black/white even after several relogs and one server restart.

you need to be energized light green and hydrated light green until your regenerate all your blood, then you will reach healthy status

The blood regeneration rate got nerfed, so becoming fully healed takes considerably longer. Also, it is possible to heal, without seeing the "Healing" status.

Some corrections and elaboration for the benefit of the question:

1. Blood and health are two separate stats. You must have full blood in order to heal, and in order to regain blood you must be bright green energized and dark green hydrated. As BleedoutBill noted, the last few versions have had blood recovery slowed down significantly. If your screen lacks color, then your blood is low. A blurry screen (if you have postprocessing turned on) is usually low health. Fun fact: you can lose blood without "bleeding" (as in, requiring a bandage).

2. There are a number of infrequent bugs that affect all of this from working and/or displaying properly, so keep that in mind. I have found that if you vomit from overeating, it will not tell you that you're healing or healthy. I'm not positive whether it simply doesn't display or that you are truly unable to heal after overeating -- but the fix is to take damage some other way (fall, collision, melee, infected hits, etc.) and then you'll heal properly (and display as healing/healthy).

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

The blood regeneration rate got nerfed, so becoming fully healed takes considerably longer. Also, it is possible to heal, without seeing the "Healing" status.

Let me shed some light on that for you guys. When you have more then 2000 kcal of energy and 1500 ml of water you start regenerating blood on a low level. This gives you 0.5 blood per second as long as you stay above the energy and hydration level.

When you have more then 4000 kcal of energy and 2500 ml of water you start regenerating blood on a high level. This stage will regenerate 1.5 blood each second while staying above the energy and hydration level.

As soon as you reach your maximum blood of 5000 ml it starts to regenerate health (healing status). However the same conditions apply as high blood level regeneration (4000 kcal of energy and 2500 ml of water).

After that if your blood is at 5000 ml and your health is 5000 you get the healthy status.

Hope this sheds some light for you guys on the regeneration of blood, health, healing and healthy status.

• Like 5

-snip-

Not sure if this is actually true about needing any sort of hydrated and energized message to heal. This patch I've gotten "Healthy" status while eating really slowly and infrequently, not enough to get either of these statuses, but still able to get healthy.

I've also gone without healing for a long time while fully hydrated and light green energized. Probably after a zed hit me a few times, lowering my blood.

I'll try to get a screenshot of a healthy without energized or hydrated status.

Same thing with being stuffed. I've heard people in the past mention that you can't get healthy status while stuffed, but I've got a screenshot to prove otherwise.

• Like 1

Same thing with being stuffed. I've heard people in the past mention that you can't get healthy status while stuffed, but I've got a screenshot to prove otherwise.

Both of those things are definitely possible and always have been. "Healthy" simply means that you have full health and aren't sick. You can be thirsty and hungry and still be healthy as long as you got healthy first and then became thirsty/hungry.

If we had to wait to be not-stuffed in order to heal, we would be so screwed as fresh spawns :p

Some corrections and elaboration for the benefit of the question:

1. Blood and health are two separate stats. You must have full blood in order to heal, and in order to regain blood you must be bright green energized and dark green hydrated. As BleedoutBill noted, the last few versions have had blood recovery slowed down significantly. If your screen lacks color, then your blood is low. A blurry screen (if you have postprocessing turned on) is usually low health. Fun fact: you can lose blood without "bleeding" (as in, requiring a bandage).

2. There are a number of infrequent bugs that affect all of this from working and/or displaying properly, so keep that in mind. I have found that if you vomit from overeating, it will not tell you that you're healing or healthy. I'm not positive whether it simply doesn't display or that you are truly unable to heal after overeating -- but the fix is to take damage some other way (fall, collision, melee, infected hits, etc.) and then you'll heal properly (and display as healing/healthy).

OK, thanks all.

I think it happened because I was in a firefight shortly before restart, which got me pretty low on blood. I've managed to survive and bandage about 2 minutes before restart and when I logged back in I was "unconcious" for about 5 minutes. Woke up, ran into cover and ate and drank tons of stuff without seeing "energized" or even "stuffed". After a while I decided to re-log and then the status "energized" and "hydrated" showed correctly. I ate some more until i was "stuffed" and my energy/hydration was on full light green. Waited for the "healing" message the whole time after that but it never showed up.

Edited by robophant
  • Like 2

OK, thanks all.

I think it happened because I was in a firefight shortly before restart, which got me pretty low on blood. I've managed to survive and bandage about 2 minutes before restart and when I logged back in I was "unconcious" for about 5 minutes. Woke up, ran into cover and ate and drank tons of stuff without seeing "energized" or even "stuffed". After a while I decided to re-log and then the status "energized" and "hydrated" showed correctly. I ate some more until i was "stuffed" and my energy/hydration was on full light green. Waited for the "healing" message the whole time after that but it never showed up.

Well, now you know why. So keep in mind that healing will start to occur when you're full blood (5000 ml), have 4000 kcal energy and 2500 ml water. :)

I always make sure that I'm light green energized and light green hydrated. That way when I get in a firefight I start regenerating blood and health without needing to eat.

Drinking is another case though, your hydration rate is faster than energy and you can hold less water than food.

To make it even easier for everyone:

Low blood regeneration (0.5/s)

Energy: dark green energized

Hydration: neutral

High blood regeneration (1.5/s)

Energy: light green energized

Hydration: dark green hydrated

Health regeneration (0.5/s)

Energy: light green energized

Hydration: dark green hydrated

Blood: full blood

Healthy

Blood: full blood

Health: full health

These are the requirements for each stage. You need to get and maintain these requirements in order to stay in one stage.

WTB battle eye update please...

Sorry, I only sell batteries. :( Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

Not sure if this is actually true about needing any sort of hydrated and energized message to heal. This patch I've gotten "Healthy" status while eating really slowly and infrequently, not enough to get either of these statuses, but still able to get healthy.

I've also gone without healing for a long time while fully hydrated and light green energized. Probably after a zed hit me a few times, lowering my blood.

Same here but it was actually last patch for me when it was real tough and I had found a few sodas and a couple cans and nothing else for a long time and before I died I found a few more sodas and cans and I had nothing on my screen for energized or hydrated, they were blank and I never noticed healing lit, but awhile later it said Healthy and nothing else was lit.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having issues with the V3S and invisible walls in the middle of roads? 3 times now I have been driving, clear road ahead and smashed into invisible brick walls in the middle of the road, flipping the trucks up, backward and twice landing upside down, the third back flipped then over a guard rail down into a ravine landing right side up but stuck on some rocks.

Same here but it was actually last patch for me when it was real tough and I had found a few sodas and a couple cans and nothing else for a long time and before I died I found a few more sodas and cans and I had nothing on my screen for energized or hydrated, they were blank and I never noticed healing lit, but awhile later it said Healthy and nothing else was lit.

Exactly what I mean. You can go from hungry (fresh spawn) > no statuses > healing only without anything in between. This makes sense though, if you understand how these values are displayed via those green and yellow status rectangles.

Either way, here's hoping that the new UI / HUD does away with all of this and gives us more relevant / realistic information.

• Like 2

As much as im enjoying this patch so far, it's spoiling me pretty hard. Way too many goodies.

I'm sure the loot will be more scarce in the future.

That being said, i hope the CLE will be tweaked gradually by small numbers.

I think it would be a good way to slowly make  the "less-patient" part of community to get used to it, rather than to just completely flip the tables over the night;

it will just make many to ragequit the game again, saying the loot is broken/apple simulator and what not and i guess that might not be the best thing...

justa thinking out loud.

also,

Do we have a number of animals in 057?

Edited by halp

Patch 0.57 issues: 300 round box is buged - it doesn't fit that amount of ammunition in it.

- Major bug:  Well, zoom on flares, campfire, heli crash sites are buged and items just vanish from sight if you're outside a certain range about 20 meters. 

So you can't see Heli crash sites unless you're 20 meters away - so hard to discover heli crash sites in general - normally you can see crash sites far away (500-700+) meters.

Edited by Ori42

Probably related to that server..

ive no problems with helis and i still notice drop sites @ around 1k whilst driving a v3s.

Edited by halp

Probably related to that server..

ive no problems with helis and i still notice drop sites @ around 1k whilst driving a v3s.

Yeah maybe - it was on public servers (not private) I didn't notice anything wrong when I spotted a heli crash site on a priv. server. 

Put something on the ground like a flare even in night time and walk about (20-30) meters away from it and suddenly it vanish with no light source - same issue with heli crash sites in general.

Edited by Ori42

Is anyone else having issues with the V3S and invisible walls in the middle of roads? 3 times now I have been driving, clear road ahead and smashed into invisible brick walls in the middle of the road, flipping the trucks up, backward and twice landing upside down, the third back flipped then over a guard rail down into a ravine landing right side up but stuck on some rocks.

Downloaded Bandicam to see if I could catch this occurrence on video. First run just east west of Severograd, heading east toward the city just past the roadblock at a spot where it happened twice before, once travelling in each direction.  First run was uneventful. Made another run at it going west and the results are currently uploading to youtube here: http://youtu.be/lOx4WX6yz1E

Caught much more air this time. I like the fact that boots and pants don't get ruined after an event like this, nor bones broken. I actually kind of liked it, since I knew it was maybe coming. If this is going to be fixed maybe they can add a multi-story parking structure with a section at the top where we can drive off and plummet to the ground. Maybe even add a ramp off the roof for more air. Somebody could corral a bunch of z's and lead them to the landing spot below, then see how many z's a falling truck can squash.  :lol:

EDIT: F'n cardinal directions, how do they work!   :blush:

Edited by Taco Tuesday
  • Like 2

Dunno if anyone has noticed this before, but if you take the suicide pose (F11) with a loaded gun, your character starts to breathe really hard. 

f6xkKGl.jpg

It's small nuances like this which make me love this game.

• Like 5

Topic cleaned.

To our regular members, please do not feed the Trolls.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Patch 0.57 issues: 300 round box is buged - it doesn't fit that amount of ammunition in it.

- Major bug:  Well, zoom on flares, campfire, heli crash sites are buged and items just vanish from sight if you're outside a certain range about 20 meters. 

So you can't see Heli crash sites unless you're 20 meters away - so hard to discover heli crash sites in general - normally you can see crash sites far away (500-700+) meters.

I tried this out, made two fires on a road and then ran and somewhere around 90 meters away poof, big fire no more, I step 1 step closer, poof, big fire return. Then I tried running a few more steps away and looking thru my kashtan scope, big fire returns, no scope, darkness, scope big fire. lol. I jacked up every video setting as high as they would go and no change since my objects and terrain are always at max. With that scope I was out at about 120 meters before it got to the point where one more step further would make it so even the scope couldn't see the fire. No wonder my mountain top fires are not drawing any attention. Nice catch Ori42, did you bug report it?

As much as im enjoying this patch so far, it's spoiling me pretty hard. Way too many goodies.

I'm sure the loot will be more scarce in the future.

That being said, i hope the CLE will be tweaked gradually by small numbers.

I think it would be a good way to slowly make  the "less-patient" part of community to get used to it, rather than to just completely flip the tables over the night;

it will just make many to ragequit the game again, saying the loot is broken/apple simulator and what not and i guess that might not be the best thing...

justa thinking out loud.

i think thats the wrong way, why play with false cards? No need to consider the "less-patient" crowd. Those who hate the survival/scarcity part will complain anyways. No need to throw AKs after every character. It would be better to continue to tweak CLE, enable Persistence and TEST the living hell out of it. Incorporate scarcity like planned, to test and flesh out survival mechanics etc. The game doesn't become magically unplayable or PvP unfriendly because you aren't geared up in 30 min.

i think thats the wrong way, why play with false cards? No need to consider the "less-patient" crowd. Those who hate the survival/scarcity part will complain anyways. No need to throw AKs after every character. It would be better to continue to tweak CLE, enable Persistence and TEST the living hell out of it. Incorporate scarcity like planned, to test and flesh out survival mechanics etc. The game doesn't become magically unplayable or PvP unfriendly because you aren't geared up in 30 min.

What would be the point of making the game really hard and unforgiving at this point. In a sense the game shouldnt even be playable yet. Gearing up in 30 minutes means you get to test the new stuff faster.

What would be the point of making the game really hard and unforgiving at this point. In a sense the game shouldnt even be playable yet. Gearing up in 30 minutes means you get to test the new stuff faster.

I do agree with this, as that is why they often put new items in every corner in every building. That way, it gets tested lots of times. But, throwing a patch or two where loot is very scarce can have long-term benefits as well. It was just that scenario that allowed them to see the problems with foraging, and they ended up buffing apple picking. I hope they toy with it a lot between now and beta, and have it 95% correct by then. 

Right now, I have a fully kitted MP5, a Model 70 w/ hunting scope, and an SVD with a single mag. That is probably a bit much for one guy to carry, so changes will need to be made. 

@randomspawn

exactly. I acknowledge the fact that testing items/guns is easier if they throw them at you, but its not worth it if it negates all the other features of the game. Damage/accuracy adjustments can be made pretty easy i guess, but the real beast is the CLE with persistence enabled.

Besides what can you really test when everybody is running around in full military gear? We had ONE drought with the implementation of the first .55 patch, the rest of the development has been an overabundance  of loot anyways.