boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

I've noticed lately that people will suddenly disappear around 400m range or even up close. I'll have them in my sight and they just disappear :S

I'm running everything on high and changed some things around in CFG. Wonder if this is desync or latest patch issue? I can't even see mine or other peoples desync anymore either.

I've noticed lately that people will suddenly disappear around 400m range or even up close. I'll have them in my sight and they just disappear :S

I'm running everything on high and changed some things around in CFG. Wonder if this is desync or latest patch issue? I can't even see mine or other peoples desync anymore either.

Don't know about the dissapearing people but not being able to see ping and desync is something to do with it having been exploitable some how.

One thing I've seen on a couple different occasions was seeing one of the guys on my team running or standing somewhere- then disappearing and teleporting back to where they were ACTUALLY running or standing. Happened a couple days ago- he was standing in one of the green houses and suddenly I saw someone standing outside of the green house... dressed just like him. Just standing there, looking around. I asked him if he'd gone back outside and he said no... so I told him there was someone right out the front door. That person then disappeared... 

The same thing had happened awhile back on the pier at Svet- he was running behind one of the industrial structures when I spotted someone running between the cranes who quickly disappeared. Not sure if that's what you'd seen that caused the character you were looking at to disappear? 

Something else I've noticed is that if a place hasn't been passed through I noticed that zombies that have spawned in are in an "inactive" mode- they just stand around. I'll usually see this from a distance as I look over a town- sometimes they won't move for over 30 minutes. Then it's like someone breaks a perimeter of some sort because then they'll suddenly start walking around. On every occasion I've seen this happen, within 30 seconds to a minute I'll spot a player entering the town or rummaging through buildings. Wondering if this is a performance measure to minimize impact on server performance?

One thing I've seen on a couple different occasions was seeing one of the guys on my team running or standing somewhere- then disappearing and teleporting back to where they were ACTUALLY running or standing. Happened a couple days ago- he was standing in one of the green houses and suddenly I saw someone standing outside of the green house... dressed just like him. Just standing there, looking around. I asked him if he'd gone back outside and he said no... so I told him there was someone right out the front door. That person then disappeared... 

The same thing had happened awhile back on the pier at Svet- he was running behind one of the industrial structures when I spotted someone running between the cranes who quickly disappeared. Not sure if that's what you'd seen that caused the character you were looking at to disappear? 

Something else I've noticed is that if a place hasn't been passed through I noticed that zombies that have spawned in are in an "inactive" mode- they just stand around. I'll usually see this from a distance as I look over a town- sometimes they won't move for over 30 minutes. Then it's like someone breaks a perimeter of some sort because then they'll suddenly start walking around. On every occasion I've seen this happen, within 30 seconds to a minute I'll spot a player entering the town or rummaging through buildings. Wondering if this is a performance measure to minimize impact on server performance?

Yeah exactly this

For example I was in an open enough area that I could easily get shot and a guy with a ghillie suit literally passes by me 10m away, I follow him with my scope and he just disappeared. He was doing the "rowing" putting his weapon away loop animation and sliding across down hill.

Other times they'll be about 400m away, they'll go behind a bush for example or a wall/building and just disappear and reappear then disappear again. It's definitely not my graphic/cfg settings for sure because I was able to spot people even further than the group I saw during the same time.

Could it be just overall desync? 

I play with my kids sometimes and we have some real 3rd world internet like if we get a 500-600 ping were like woohoo!. My desk is along a wall in the back corner of the living room and they play on a laptop plugged into the wall mounted bigscreen which is within my field of vision with one eye on my screen aswell. Even with the horible ping sometimes I'm seeing my character almost exactly where he should be on both screens but sometimes I'm a hundred feet from where I really am on their screen. I don't know if it's all our internet or if something to do with the way info gets sent to the server and back gets lost and your client just "guesses" where the other player should be.

Was wondering about those idle zombies aswell and that sounds like a good theory, I was watching one from about 1000m just standing there with my first hunting scope I'd found thinking shouldn't he be wandering. Do bullets have a limited range in this game, with him standing still I figured in a few shots I could range him with the splashes but couldn't see any of my shots landing that far.

I play with my kids sometimes and we have some real 3rd world internet like if we get a 500-600 ping were like woohoo!. My desk is along a wall in the back corner of the living room and they play on a laptop plugged into the wall mounted bigscreen which is within my field of vision with one eye on my screen aswell. Even with the horible ping sometimes I'm seeing my character almost exactly where he should be on both screens but sometimes I'm a hundred feet from where I really am on their screen. I don't know if it's all our internet or if something to do with the way info gets sent to the server and back gets lost and your client just "guesses" where the other player should be.

Was wondering about those idle zombies aswell and that sounds like a good theory, I was watching one from about 1000m just standing there with my first hunting scope I'd found thinking shouldn't he be wandering. Do bullets have a limited range in this game, with him standing still I figured in a few shots I could range him with the splashes but couldn't see any of my shots landing that far.

I hear ya about the ping and the positioning- I've been lucky that way. I play with ZH (son in law) and can look over my shoulder at his screen and we're generally pretty in sync. 

About the bullets- I thought I read somewhere that max view range for people was about 1000 meters so anything beyond that is a guess. I did a shot calculation off a map for distance (no skill but no rangefinder either) and managed a shot out to about 800 meters... Not bragging at all- I missed ample times but could see the splash too. So 1000 might be a bit too far. 

• Like 1

I just encountered my first hacker. So yay. 

I'm the last person to accuse people of hacking, but this was blatant. Unless, of course, Stable recently got A-10 Warthogs added in. In which case, I apologize. It's just that I wasn't aware that carpet bombing a forest for 30 minutes was possible,

• Like 2

The last three times I played I've been mauled down by invisible hackers at least once. 

Other than that I have to say this version has been the most fun yet. Zombies obey most laws of physics and loot is findable that I can defend myself usually pretty quickly. The last build with persistence would take hours just to find junk with no guarantee of a weapon. That wasn't fun.

Ideally for me, we should be able to find average weapons easily and the harder military weapons should take a little more work/ luck. 

• Like 1

Don't know about the dissapearing people but not being able to see ping and desync is something to do with it having been exploitable some how.

ya with the ping window open when your ping jumped generally  a player was in your vicinity so if you payed attention you could guestimate when your weren't alone in a area.

Oh, something I've wondered for a couple updates now... are the UN helmets and berets still in the game? It's been ages since I saw either.

edit: Nevermind, decided to go heli hunting and found a helmet at one of the sites.

edit 2: Jesus Christ, heli crashes are a nightmare on public. I went to the Stary crash and got ghosted by a server hopper within seconds, I managed to get away bleeding, I turn around after like 20 seconds of running and weaving, and I see a second ghoster now fighting the first one, AUG vs AUG from the sound of it.

Back to private for me...

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 1

Hey,just a quick question. The last 2 nights I have managed to loose guns on a server jump. I don't have any idea what's going on but when I log back in my primary weapon is gone. Any ideas?

The loot system right now should be the number 1 priority to be fixed in this game as it's ruining the entire integrity of what DayZ is meant to be.  Never have I been so un-immersed in this game, even coming from the early stages of DayZ Mod myself.  Why are there so many hunting pants for example in a school, and even if I were to find one pair there which still is weird, I'm finding like 15 pairs?  I even found the rare m65 jacket in some random house which is the best jacket in the game.  The coasts right now are a bloodbath reminiscent of something braindead like COD and there is zero incentive to travel north because military loot isn't even spawning in the correct military areas.  And prison island?  It's like a TTSKO jacket shopping ground.  

It's like someone just took every item on the map and scattered them around without putting any thought in it whatsoever in random areas and then multiplied them by 15 for no reason.

The loot makes NO sense in this update and the only reason I am bringing it up is because it's absolutely ridiculous that I haven't seen this listed as a 'known issue.' on any devlog.  Why is there so many damn clothes in nonsensicle places and why are the guardhouses spawning a ridiculous amount of military loot right amidst big coastal cities like Electro?  There is no satisfaction anymore to finding a good gun because they're everywhere ; and don't even get me started on the police stations.  Actually to sum this rant up.

The loot makes no sense anywhere across the entire board of the game and is utterly destroying DayZ for people who actually have a brain and aren't interested in mindless 24/7 PVP in coastal cities.  Can someone clarify and will this be fixed soon?  

Also FPS drops ; FPS drops like crazy.

Edited by BookBurning

The loot system right now should be the number 1 priority to be fixed in this game as it's ruining the entire integrity of what DayZ is meant to be.  Never have I been so un-immersed in this game, even coming from the early stages of DayZ Mod myself.  Why are there so many hunting pants for example in a school, and even if I were to find one pair there which still is weird, I'm finding like 15 pairs?  I even found the rare m65 jacket in some random house which is the best jacket in the game.  The coasts right now are a bloodbath reminiscent of something braindead like COD and there is zero incentive to travel north because military loot isn't even spawning in the correct military areas.  And prison island?  It's like a TTSKO jacket shopping ground.  

It's like someone just took every item on the map and scattered them around without putting any thought in it whatsoever in random areas and then multiplied them by 15 for no reason.

The loot makes NO sense in this update and the only reason I am bringing it up is because it's absolutely ridiculous that I haven't seen this listed as a 'known issue.' on any devlog.  Why is there so many damn clothes in nonsensicle places and why are the guardhouses spawning a ridiculous amount of military loot right amidst big coastal cities like Electro?  There is no satisfaction anymore to finding a good gun because they're everywhere ; and don't even get me started on the police stations.  Actually to sum this rant up.

The loot makes no sense anywhere across the entire board of the game and is utterly destroying DayZ for people who actually have a brain and aren't interested in mindless 24/7 PVP in coastal cities.  Can someone clarify and will this be fixed soon?  

TLDR

Loot system is being worked on. As is the rest. Horse is dead.

If you don't mind unannounced character wipes and such you should try the experimental branch. The loot distribution and community are better there right now and you can report stuff rather than complaining to the wall here. Oh, more FPS on some systems aswell.    

• Like 1

Well, that's weird.

Trying to log in game through stable, I only get experimental servers showing up.

Ahh yeah, totally forgot: 

Morning survivors. Please be advised, Stable branch servers will be down due to server maintenance every wednesday at 08:00 - 11:00 (CEST).

:D

Edited by akpe

About TTSKO-Stuff, is it currently only spawning on the Prison Island?

And is there a current spawn list of the heli crash sites?

What I found so far is:

- Steyr AUG

- M4 ammo, Ak101 ammo

- M4 clips, both 30 and 60, only the cmag, Ak101 clips

- Ammo box (why does it only have 4 slots?)

- M4 Carry Handle

- Tortilla backpack

- Smersh backpack

- M4/AUG silencer

- Pistol silencer

- Visuals: ACOG, BUIS, M68, RV1

- M4 ammo, Shotgun ammo

- Flares

- Various Boots

- UN helmet

- Headlight

I am missing

- M4, Ak101

- M4 attachments, Ak101 attachments

- Small Protector Cases (why did they ruin them like ammoboxes...)

- SVD

- UMP

- MP5k

Which other loot should spawn there?

Edited by LazyPoet91

is zombie back to the server? like hordes and constantly re spawned? 

I just encountered my first hacker. So yay. 

I'm the last person to accuse people of hacking, but this was blatant. Unless, of course, Stable recently got A-10 Warthogs added in. In which case, I apologize. It's just that I wasn't aware that carpet bombing a forest for 30 minutes was possible,

Ever since I decided to bite the bullet and practice being an a-hole sniper, I've realized just how bad it is. Everyone talks about being killed by an invisible hackers, but it could have probably just as been a suppressed sniper rifle.

This is what I've seen while using an ak74 with kashtan and suppressor.

Almost every player I've been able to drop in 1-2 head or chest shots is a clean player...

The rest ....

1. Take the hit(s) and run off.

2. Run through walls. (Most common thing spotted and recorded)

3. Don't register entire clips unloaded into them when they magically find my position. (ie - no blood, or sounds at a range impossible to miss) Although, my experience with this is that they have to be in close proximity.

4. Don't alert zombies right next to them. (I'm suspicious this may just be bugged zeds though)

5. Shoot me perfectly though bushes, or other sight obstructions, in the legs using aim assist. Always the legs...

Almost every PVP area I've been to has this being the norm. Cherno, Elektro, Kamyshovo, Berezino, etc.

In an almost 50-50 ratio as soon as I report this over text chat, I get the "no message recieved" message. this implies to me that the admins know, are part of it, or that hackers also have given themselves admin rights. An unofficial boot from a game uses this method as to avoid an open kick or ban.

Edited by E.J.

Will I ever learn not to walk on stairs in DayZ  :( Survived so long with my char, had so fucking cool loot, killed several people, survived several attacks... and then a freaking zombie glitched me through a wall from a stair... AAAAAARRRRRRFUUUUCK! :D

• Like 1

27/07/2015 got a 2.4mb download, Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

I think it's probably a battleye update

• Like 1

(EDIT: Just answered my own question looking at the status update. It looks like they're shooting for this Monday / Tuesday- so realistically maybe a bit past that? Anyway- it's a good point of reference.)

Edited by ENO75

I am actually pretty happy so far (sorry I haven't been around in a couple months), but performance took a huge hit for me. I watch my stream and everyone is like "Why is your performance / FPS / lag so terrible sometimes?" - So I went to do a thorough adjustment of graphic settings to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and it got a tiny bit better, but the big cities a hella laggy.

Other than that I have to agree that the clothes spawnings (Prison Island, Military Guard Shacks and certain houses) are beyond ridiculous, but it looks like food / weapons / ammo actually start to respawn on a regular basis, and that makes me very happy. Of course, coast runner that I am, it's still tough to get going.

One last thing I noticed is that you get to "starving" extremely fast, like in 5-7 minutes after spawning fresh. Is this just me?

And has anyone had issues with Cholera? If I have to, I do drink from ponds / swamps and such but so far I really must've gotten lucky, I haven't become sick once.

Happy trails everybunny :)