boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Well this is getting old fast. For the second time today I put my gun away only to have it disappear. It is no where to be found! I quit playing this game in 0.55 as did my whole clan because of how badly the developers broke the game. It appears that 0.57 is no better. It just reminds me of the broken water wells in 0.50/0.51 where it took two updates before they could fix something so basic. Start doing hot fixes to resolve these issues or your going to loose fanbase. I have personally started playing Ark Survival Evolved another early access game. They do updates on a daily basis sometimes more than one a day. If there is a bug it is fixed immediately for the most part. None of this waiting weeks BS that we have with DayZ. Like how long is it going to take to fix the flare gun exploit where you can put other weapons into it? You claimed according to your road map that you were shooting for a new render at the end of first quarter. Here we are ending second quarter and not only do we not have a new render but nothing promised from that quarter either. Start fixing content and stop introducing new content when what is here is not functioning properly.

I haven't had a gun disappear but I have twice on this build had fireaxes jump out of my hand, hang in the air for a second and then disappear. Both times while I was getting my melee on with z's, after which I had to run away like a little bitch.

Also had an incident where I was fireaxe chopping a z, and the axe went flying like I threw it. One of her punches seemed to knock me down, as I proned out on the ground and couldn't get up, although I was concious and could see everything. Just no response from any keyboard input. I could see myself bleeding and with no ability to do anything figured well, might as well log out before I go unconcious for real.

Waited about 15 minutes, logged back in, had control again and bandaged up then looked for the fireaxe for a little bit (nowhere to be found) then saw the z chick that messed me up so I shot her ass. Pretty hapy I didn't find myself back on the beach as a new spawn when I logged back in. Wasn't sure how that was going to go. 

• Like 1

It happened to my spotter yesterday, his Aug just vanashed? no where to be found left high and dry with no gun. He had a trade setup for the Aug, now we are back searching for another one.

That has been a thing for over a year. Second floors may suddenly break your legs and murder you. It's very random.

Green and red two story, the cafe and policestation seems to be the worst. Firestations did it to me a lot before, but it hasn't happened to me in at least 6 months.  The others are still scary, maybe 1 out of 50 times it will try to kill you.

Yes its been there for too long if you ask me for as much reporting that has gone into the feedback tracker I linked. Its clearly a difficult issue to tackle it seems. 

Don't forget the Spiral Staircase at Prison Island. I went up that thing once and never came down. Screen started flickering grey, next my legs broke, and "you are dead" :) 

• Like 1

Logged in first thing this morning and my character had reset on the beach. I went from Electro to Dubky and didn't find a single item of loot. I decided to try a different server and once logged in my character was reset back to the beach. I immediately logged out so I wouldn't loose my progress and tried a third server. It reset my character and spawned me in another beach side location. I logged out and logged into the first server I started on and was again reset to a fresh spawn location. All of these servers and public servers which I play on frequently and I've never had any problems with them. I decided to stay this server and push to the NWAF. I went from just east of Electro all the way to NWAF and didn't find a single piece of loot. Not a hat, not a bat, not a jacket, not a pot. Absolutely not one single item. I picked berries/apples and drank from water wells to get me thru. I hit the Vybor military base the NWAF and the airfield tent city. NOTHING! No loot is spawning at all. 

I did notice that the heli crashsite, which always spawns between Pustoshka and the Vybor military base, was not there.

I don't know what else to do except log out and try another sever but it would to suck to loose all the ground I covered this morning. Has anyone else had any luck on 57 stable after Wednesdays maintenance? 

Had this issue last night on 4 different servers, one private the rest public. Restarted the game and everything was back to normal, loot everywhere. Think it's a glitch when you log into the game itself.

Been playing with friends on Stable the last few days, and dear Lord, eveybody has an AK. It's really kinda to the point where I have to just assume people I see have them. Noobs have them, geared players have them...and I play ONLY on Private shard servers. Everybody's got an AK. 

I don't mind THAT much at the moment...but I know it's already starting to get really old. I've been rolling around and just shitting in people's cornflakes with my AK-74 because other players rack disciprine PfhCbCW.jpg?1.

Also, the SKS seems to be an excellent tool for ruining other people's stuff without actually killing them. There's no way even I should be surviving three point blank hits from that thing and still be able to function. In fact, players still just seem as bullet spongey as ever. I've unloaded torrents of lead into modestly geared players and then just bleed out of the seventeen holes I put into them and proceed to just run away. Point blank sawed off shotgun rounds have completely ruined vests and backpacks and shirts...but still don't kill!

The Zigzag is strong in people, too. I hope that a focus on player inertia and momentum rolls around soonish, because the ability for people to change directions on a dime makes shooting them very hard, and sometimes just luck based when they're skittering around in front of you. 

• Like 1

For which mechanics do you need fully military gear for? As far as I know none. If there is a lot of loot people gear up and go PvP. They don't test the survival features because they don't need to.

In the experimental when loot was scarce I spent hours in the forest just chilling and surviving without looting. Now I am just looting and didn't use any survival feature.

So features actually don't get tested when there is so much loot.

Well for example, if you havent noticed the scope mechanics for example have been all over the place. Trying out new guns, items and so on. Some of them do  have different mechanics.

I ask you, how come you are able to test mechanics better without any or little loot? Since nothing has really happened on the survival side of the game, I dont really see why they should focus into it in a patch that brings new guns and items on table.

I understand you lke (in game) surviving but focusing every patch on that is just stupid, right?

• Like 1

Been playing with friends on Stable the last few days, and dear Lord, eveybody has an AK. It's really kinda to the point where I have to just assume people I see have them. Noobs have them, geared players have them...and I play ONLY on Private shard servers. Everybody's got an AK. 

I don't mind THAT much at the moment...but I know it's already starting to get really old. I've been rolling around and just shitting in people's cornflakes with my AK-74 because other players rack disciprine PfhCbCW.jpg?1.

Also, the SKS seems to be an excellent tool for ruining other people's stuff without actually killing them. There's no way even I should be surviving three point blank hits from that thing and still be able to function. In fact, players still just seem as bullet spongey as ever. I've unloaded torrents of lead into modestly geared players and then just bleed out of the seventeen holes I put into them and proceed to just run away. Point blank sawed off shotgun rounds have completely ruined vests and backpacks and shirts...but still don't kill!

The Zigzag is strong in people, too. I hope that a focus on player inertia and momentum rolls around soonish, because the ability for people to change directions on a dime makes shooting them very hard, and sometimes just luck based when they're skittering around in front of you. 

I agree to all of this. Its almost like battlefield now. A machinegun for everyone and lots of hits to kill someone. Yesterday I saw an ak-armed guy chase a newspawn into the TEC-building I was in in so I unloaded 23 bullets from my acog-scoped mp5 into him from the third floor. He ran away somehow and I didnt see any blood from him. I followed him and found his ruined gun, ruined backpack, ruined vest and assorted ruined gear but no body.

Headshots are the name of the game now. You may think that is realism you'd aim for the center mass of a target, but nope. You gotta get those headshots. Even point blank I try my darn hardest to hit their head and it normally works out in my favor. 

.57 no; .58 yes

It would appear that the guard house lootsplosions are history after yesterday, at least for me. Can anyone confirm?

It would appear that the guard house lootsplosions are history after yesterday, at least for me. Can anyone confirm?

It was loot aplenty yesterday. But they aren't all the same, some guard houses has very low loot and others have it all. They do get picked very fast after restarts I've noticed. Someone logged in inside the guard house outside elektro kamy side when i was looting there the other day. He wasn't very happy about me being there. Kinda stupid location to log at, I thought.

• Like 1

It was loot aplenty yesterday. But they aren't all the same, some guard houses has very low loot and others have it all. They do get picked very fast after restarts I've noticed. Someone logged in inside the guard house outside elektro kamy side when i was looting there the other day. He wasn't very happy about me being there. Kinda stupid location to log at, I thought.

I can confirm this as well. Here are two shots of my gear spawning in Cherno. First shot is of the loot I got from a Guard House in Cherno Industrial Area including the backpack. I dId not find the heat pack .22 ammo, .308  or hat there but still rather different gear than prior.  2nd is up at the Apartments north of Cherno (ones closest to Balota Airfield). As you can see there is a lot of good stuff. Was there any notice of this on social media or here? 

18999103104_645651006c_c.jpg

19595504026_16bb2f5e42_c.jpg

I might have missed the post, but has anybody else noticed this problem?

0.55 really screwed the game for me, like for most players. Untill 0.57 came along.

Amazing fps, twice what i usually had in for instance Novo or Elektro.

Dayz didn't freeze anymore when zombies spawned or other players were in the neighbourhood.

But for the last two weeks or so, the fps dropped by half again and Dayz freezes when zombies and players are nearby.

I haven't changed anything to my pc setup or Dayz settings. It's 0.55 all over again.

Any small adjustments been made in the last few weeks or anyone else having the same issue?

Where are the zombies? Currently in Pogovo and I did'nt even take a straight path too it from the spawn point, visited lots of towns and aint seen one yet.  Playing private server, forgive me keyboard warriors for not reading through the patch notes or the 44 pages of posts here, just started back playing again, have they been disabled or something?

I might have missed the post, but has anybody else noticed this problem?

0.55 really screwed the game for me, like for most players. Untill 0.57 came along.

Amazing fps, twice what i usually had in for instance Novo or Elektro.

Dayz didn't freeze anymore when zombies spawned or other players were in the neighbourhood.

But for the last two weeks or so, the fps dropped by half again and Dayz freezes when zombies and players are nearby.

I haven't changed anything to my pc setup or Dayz settings. It's 0.55 all over again.

Any small adjustments been made in the last few weeks or anyone else having the same issue?

I've noticed the FPS drop as well. Its quite possible they've made more changes than just the loot spawns that I mentioned above. I also noticed last night that rain seems to be turned back on? I joined a server and it was pouring down. 

Where are the zombies? Currently in Pogovo and I did'nt even take a straight path too it from the spawn point, visited lots of towns and aint seen one yet.  Playing private server, forgive me keyboard warriors for not reading through the patch notes or the 44 pages of posts here, just started back playing again, have they been disabled or something?

They were chasing me along the coast and I've seen them inland as well. Might have just gotten (un)lucky not seeing any? 

.57 no; .58 yes

which items have persistence in 0.58?

From what I've read in the experimental thread persistence in general is on but a few things are broken when the new GUI is being used. Tents appeared to be good... but I think trucks are not. I may be wrong... head over to that dev thread and take a look if you're still curious. 

which items have persistence in 0.58?

Tents, truck inventories, stuff dropped on the ground for at least 24 hours that I've personally observed.

Barrels are but their contents are not.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if you're meant to be able to put random stuff in Ammo boxes and Medkits? To elaborate, before .57 you could only put spare ammo in ammo boxes, and medical supplies in medkits. Now, I can put ammo in medkits, and magazines and what not, probably clothing in ammo boxes. I would like to know if this is how it is supposed to be, and if they issue a fix in .58 that returns the containers to the state that they were before, would my "alien" items in those containers subsequently get deleted. 

Boxes are broken atm and will not likely be fixed until later. As it is now the only thing they are good for is protecting items put inside them and yes you can put basically anything that will fit inside any container. I tend to hold on to protective cases and ammoboxes as these will be usefeul once they are fixed. Also if you use a cooking pot or frying pan with gas canister and gas stove you will save two slots. I do however hear that there is a bug in 0.58 that can cause problems with containers as you cant see whats inside them without putting them on the ground. And we all know what happens to things that are put on the ground.

Most likely items put into the wrong container when the fix finally comes will be deleted. It has been that way before. It doesnt matter much as we will most likely see plenty more wipes of characters and stash in the future.

Tents, truck inventories, stuff dropped on the ground for at least 24 hours that I've personally observed.

Barrels are but their contents are not.

yeah I can confirm that - I droped some ammo on the ground which didn't reset with server in 0.58 patch update. 

I hope they fix barrels before they use them on stable branch. ;)