boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

So I played a little this weekend. Honestly missed playing even with the conditions of this patch. Decided i'll just do some PVP since no persistence etc. So got pretty damn geared pretty quick on the coast (military clothes and weapons). Decided while on Welcome to the Jungle which was full at 50 players to go check out Berezino and its new layout. Let me say, I really really LOVE!! the new layout and added buildings. I nearly got my head taken off by somebody taking in the sites. :D Seriously, really well done dev's. 

ANYWAYS, I wanted to see if anybody else has had issues while in the upper floors of buildings? I decided to go hide out in an old place while hearing lots of gun shots in Berezino and after about 10 minutes of hanging out upstairs I was suddenly dead. I was crouched on the third floor of the building off the main road next to the pub closest to the coast. The server was performing poorly as well I noticed lag/desync in my movements so maybe I just somehow fell out of the building? I heard a younger kid close to me saying "hello" right before I died but the building i'm in has floors that make it very obvious when somebody is inside with you. I waited about 2 mins on the "You are Dead" screen just to see if I could hear somebody come loot me but never heard anything. 

I plan to go back inside that building again recording my game play to see if its indeed the building (kinda like fire stations used to be) but thought i'd see if anybody else experienced this. 

THANKS!!!

Perhaps related, but I can say that when I am in that new school building that some cities now have, my performance drops drastically. That thing really kills my FPS. Not sure why that building is so bad for my PC, but it is. I have quit entering that building. I try to stay on 1st floors, and sometimes venture up to a 2nd floor of small buildings now.

Then you're the first one to find it, as I never seen one in 0.57, nor did I see someone report it was back in, as we had already shared a list of missing items and it was part of it, like all the M4 attachments,etc.

Care to post a screenshot of it and tell us where you found it? I'm curious.

Wish I had made a screenshot of it. It was the first week of 0.57 and I found it either at a guard house or at an HMWWV, one of those two.
  • Like 1

I've noted a few posts of this sort  but not concerning any particular building, upper floors seem to be the common denominator.

I believe you know where to find the Bug Tracker !

Thanks.

Indeed I do good sir. I went ahead and made a note on this issue here:  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=5169 

I didn't want to start a new one as I believe that ID is related to the issue I saw the other day. I fully plan to test this again on a full server while recording and will add that note to the tracker. 

If anybody else dies suddenly while in the upper floors of a building, please add a note to the above TRACKER. 

Perhaps related, but I can say that when I am in that new school building that some cities now have, my performance drops drastically. That thing really kills my FPS. Not sure why that building is so bad for my PC, but it is. I have quit entering that building. I try to stay on 1st floors, and sometimes venture up to a 2nd floor of small buildings now.

I've noticed that too. Frames drop down in the 20's for me but the moment I leave that building it bumps right back up. I stay on the ground floor mostly just in the gymnasium to pickup a pair of hunting paints if I need them and then i'm outta there.  

So I played a little this weekend. Honestly missed playing even with the conditions of this patch. Decided i'll just do some PVP since no persistence etc. So got pretty damn geared pretty quick on the coast (military clothes and weapons). Decided while on Welcome to the Jungle which was full at 50 players to go check out Berezino and its new layout. Let me say, I really really LOVE!! the new layout and added buildings. I nearly got my head taken off by somebody taking in the sites. :D Seriously, really well done dev's. 

ANYWAYS, I wanted to see if anybody else has had issues while in the upper floors of buildings? I decided to go hide out in an old place while hearing lots of gun shots in Berezino and after about 10 minutes of hanging out upstairs I was suddenly dead. I was crouched on the third floor of the building off the main road next to the pub closest to the coast. The server was performing poorly as well I noticed lag/desync in my movements so maybe I just somehow fell out of the building? I heard a younger kid close to me saying "hello" right before I died but the building i'm in has floors that make it very obvious when somebody is inside with you. I waited about 2 mins on the "You are Dead" screen just to see if I could hear somebody come loot me but never heard anything. 

I plan to go back inside that building again recording my game play to see if its indeed the building (kinda like fire stations used to be) but thought i'd see if anybody else experienced this. 

THANKS!!!

Yeh, there's some weird shit going with this patch alright.

I kept getting hit (punched) by an invisible something, I presume it was a zombie. Couldn't see what was going on. I just ran off and logged out. Didn't know if it was a bug or some hacker twat and I just found a nice AK.

Wish I had made a screenshot of it. It was the first week of 0.57 and I found it either at a guard house or at an HMWWV, one of those two.

Ya sure that wasn't a rail for a MP5 ?

I kept getting hit (punched) by an invisible something, I presume it was a zombie. Couldn't see what was going on. I just ran off and logged out. Didn't know if it was a bug or some hacker twat and I just found a nice AK.

There has been an invisible zombie for a long time now. No one believes it exists, until they get hit by one. Next time I get one, I want to run it up some stairs and see if it isn't just stuck underground and maybe pull it out of the ground and up so I can pop him in the noggin. :-D

• Like 1

Ya sure that wasn't a rail for a MP5 ?

Pretty freakin' sure it was the railguard for an AK. ;)

However, if I come across one I will definitely make a screenshot now. Didn't think at that time they would be so rare.

Actually looking for one myself now because I can't paint the other one. I'm not sure if the rail guard is paintable but it's worth a shot. :)

• Like 1

Pretty freakin' sure it was the railguard for an AK. ;)

However, if I come across one I will definitely make a screenshot now. Didn't think at that time they would be so rare.

Actually looking for one myself now because I can't paint the other one. I'm not sure if the rail guard is paintable but it's worth a shot. :)

Good luck with the search, hope you are successful! I have found that when I am specifically looking for an item, that item is nowhere to be found. If I'm not looking for it I see it all over the place. Take for instance flare guns. The other night I passed up 3 flare guns, then later when I decided I wanted one I searched high and low and couldn't find one to save my life. 

Murphy also resides in Chernarus it seems. :P  

My current bones with stable:

• No tent persistence literally means the only lasting activity for players to do is going around KOSing everyone.
  • Composite arrows are too rare; been trying to make an archery science/tutorial video but after a week of searching I've only come up with 5 composite arrows just earlier today.
  • Batteries do not spawn at all
  • Holding crap in your hands is far too buggy

Other than these issues, with the first one being the only real major one that I have an issue with, things are pretty great (that's saying a lot). Keep up the good work devs I love it all.

And for now, I wash my hands of this filthy thread and will be migrating to greener pastures: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226511-exp-update-058/

this brings me to walking in water i become fully soaked, yeah that's realism isn't it

no, thats alpha :P

on another note:

Any news about persistance and those annoying issues with not being able to take a gun in your hands (or anything at all) or about the "drop weapon when vaulting"?

I know about the workaround with eating food when your gun is stuck but ... :o

FpQSCq4.jpg?1

Edited by robophant

Earlier this evening I couldn't equip a fireaxe, nor any weapon for that matter. I had already relogged once earlier to clear the same problem and didn't feel like doing it again so I took off running and then vaulted. Afterward I was able to equip weapons again. I kept waiting for it to happen again so I could see if running and vaulting really does fix it or if it was a one off but it didn't happen again. 

Well done devs, take zombies out of the game because they are performance sapping heaps of garbage that add nothing to the games experience but misery and then add them back with a massive performance increase of about 2%. You're only about 998% away from actually having decent coding with zombies.  :thumbsup:

the hackers are real...  

game needs a BATTLEEYE update hard.

i have friends who literally quit playing tonight till next patch....

invisible scrubs knocking u out, breaking your legs and striping u.. even had 3/5 friends that were in bere get sent to a "dev zone" by a player..

who couldn't help boasting threw a stream he found of the guys playing, also making it clear thru our global before being banned with his entire friends list.

(all 3 were way off the map near a lake/pond. bare map.) 2 werent caught before logging out.

i do not know whats constructive about people talking about bullet drop and systems/tweaks that will happen and change with every patch

and not talking about legit issues like fps and battle eye.. 

in all honesty it feels as if we get a new shine'y and we move our focus from the real issues.

Edited by Renigade

the hackers are real...  

game needs a BATTLEEYE update hard.

i have friends who literally quit playing tonight till next patch....

invisible scrubs knocking u out, breaking your legs and striping u.. even had 3/5 friends that were in bere get sent to a "dev zone" by a player..

who couldn't help boasting threw a stream he found of the guys playing, also making it clear thru our global before being banned with his entire friends list.

(all 3 were way off the map near a lake/pond. bare map.) 2 werent caught before logging out.

i do not know whats constructive about people talking about bullet drop and systems/tweaks that will happen and change with every patch

and not talking about legit issues like fps and battle eye.. 

in all honesty it feels as if we get a new shine'y and we move our focus from the real issues.

i blame the hackers, not the devs

If anybody else dies suddenly while in the upper floors of a building, please add a note to the above TRACKER. 

That has been a thing for over a year. Second floors may suddenly break your legs and murder you. It's very random.

Green and red two story, the cafe and policestation seems to be the worst. Firestations did it to me a lot before, but it hasn't happened to me in at least 6 months.  The others are still scary, maybe 1 out of 50 times it will try to kill you.

Edited by aasand

in .57 ex i came across this infected in the bathroom somehowhttps://youtu.be/Svc8Y8kDuBw

Yeah, I had that happen at the container yard in Chernogorsk.

• Like 1

It is not paintable, never was.

Earlier this evening I couldn't equip a fireaxe, nor any weapon for that matter. I had already relogged once earlier to clear the same problem and didn't feel like doing it again so I took off running and then vaulted. Afterward I was able to equip weapons again. I kept waiting for it to happen again so I could see if running and vaulting really does fix it or if it was a one off but it didn't happen again. 

When I had the gun stuck in my hands or couldn't put something in my hands problem, I did what someone told me to do. F2 to raise my hands, like the give up animation and then did it one more time and then it cleared the problem. I haven't had any stuck anything problem for a week though, course I manually move everything and don't let anything autoswitch anything.

• Like 2

Last night my internet slowed way down and then finally crashed and was down for about 2 hours. I was playing when it happened and I was ice skating down a hill. I took one step forward and then slide slide slide slide I went , I spun around and tried to go back up and got a few steps and then I was ice skating up and sideways. It was terrible because I figured out in the open, unable to do anything, I was going to suddenly come back to control of my character and be either half eaten by zombies or full of kos holes. Luckily no one was in the area. Normally I have 15 MBS internet, but it fell down to 2MBS and was stopping and starting and then finally collapsed. The AKM with Kashtan scope is nice, you really need to aim low since the scope is set to 400m. I'm having lots of fun finding zombies and then running as far away as I can and still see them and take longer and longer shots. Who needs batteries, no range finder is good practice.

When I had the gun stuck in my hands or couldn't put something in my hands problem, I did what someone told me to do. F2 to raise my hands, like the give up animation and then did it one more time and then it cleared the problem. I haven't had any stuck anything problem for a week though, course I manually move everything and don't let anything autoswitch anything.

Thanks, I'll try that next time it happens. Tried the running and vaulting again and it doesn't work. Not sure why it seemed to work the first time  :blush:

• Like 1

The AKM with Kashtan scope is nice, you really need to aim low since the scope is set to 400m. I'm having lots of fun finding zombies and then running as far away as I can and still see them and take longer and longer shots. Who needs batteries, no range finder is good practice.

That's pretty much what I like to do, kill z's. Not into PVP but killing zombies is fun. It'll be nice when there are more of them though. I do miss having a camp. Getting tired of living like a vagabond. It'll be nice to be able to set up a tent (and have it stay) and build a nice little campfire. Sure you can do that now, but it's gone as soon as the server resets. 

• Like 1

Logged in first thing this morning and my character had reset on the beach. I went from Electro to Dubky and didn't find a single item of loot. I decided to try a different server and once logged in my character was reset back to the beach. I immediately logged out so I wouldn't loose my progress and tried a third server. It reset my character and spawned me in another beach side location. I logged out and logged into the first server I started on and was again reset to a fresh spawn location. All of these servers and public servers which I play on frequently and I've never had any problems with them. I decided to stay this server and push to the NWAF. I went from just east of Electro all the way to NWAF and didn't find a single piece of loot. Not a hat, not a bat, not a jacket, not a pot. Absolutely not one single item. I picked berries/apples and drank from water wells to get me thru. I hit the Vybor military base the NWAF and the airfield tent city. NOTHING! No loot is spawning at all. 

I did notice that the heli crashsite, which always spawns between Pustoshka and the Vybor military base, was not there.

I don't know what else to do except log out and try another sever but it would to suck to loose all the ground I covered this morning. Has anyone else had any luck on 57 stable after Wednesdays maintenance? 

Logged in first thing this morning and my character had reset on the beach. I went from Electro to Dubky and didn't find a single item of loot. I decided to try a different server and once logged in my character was reset back to the beach. I immediately logged out so I wouldn't loose my progress and tried a third server. It reset my character and spawned me in another beach side location. I logged out and logged into the first server I started on and was again reset to a fresh spawn location. All of these servers and public servers which I play on frequently and I've never had any problems with them. I decided to stay this server and push to the NWAF. I went from just east of Electro all the way to NWAF and didn't find a single piece of loot. Not a hat, not a bat, not a jacket, not a pot. Absolutely not one single item. I picked berries/apples and drank from water wells to get me thru. I hit the Vybor military base the NWAF and the airfield tent city. NOTHING! No loot is spawning at all. 

I did notice that the heli crashsite, which always spawns between Pustoshka and the Vybor military base, was not there.

I don't know what else to do except log out and try another sever but it would to suck to loose all the ground I covered this morning. Has anyone else had any luck on 57 stable after Wednesdays maintenance? 

Connection issue to the database, everyone. Rolling server restarts incoming.

After server restart my original character was back and all is right with the world. All of my previous post was as if it never happened. Good thing because a map with absolutely no loot makes for a tough time.   

• Like 1