boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

I am actually pretty happy so far (sorry I haven't been around in a couple months), but performance took a huge hit for me. I watch my stream and everyone is like "Why is your performance / FPS / lag so terrible sometimes?" - So I went to do a thorough adjustment of graphic settings to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and it got a tiny bit better, but the big cities a hella laggy.

Other than that I have to agree that the clothes spawnings (Prison Island, Military Guard Shacks and certain houses) are beyond ridiculous, but it looks like food / weapons / ammo actually start to respawn on a regular basis, and that makes me very happy. Of course, coast runner that I am, it's still tough to get going.

One last thing I noticed is that you get to "starving" extremely fast, like in 5-7 minutes after spawning fresh. Is this just me?

And has anyone had issues with Cholera? If I have to, I do drink from ponds / swamps and such but so far I really must've gotten lucky, I haven't become sick once.

Happy trails everybunny :)

I've noticed clothing seems to be focused on jackets in many of the buildings I've been in. With the exception of track suit pants I seldom see anything but jackets of every variety. Guard shacks seem to be a ton of vests (in terms of clothing) and some hats... maybe a helmet or two. My last two characters have had their stock jeans on. Definitely an offset... (It's not that they're aren't pants out there... I'm just not seeing them.) 

Cholera seems dependent on your blood level / health. If you're weak / injured and drink from a pond you're much more likely to be affected by it. The purification tabs are supposed to offset this.

5-7 minutes starving after fresh- usually when we're fresh we start sprinting around everywhere... so while I'm not sure of the time exactly it wouldn't surprise me to enter that mode that quickly after sprinting around... After 640 posts here I know you're not knew and not meaning to spout the obvious- but I think energy had been tweaked so that sprinting took more than we're used to.

As for the Vs3... I don't think it's going to actually stay in it's previous condition / cargo until next 58.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

As for the Vs3... I don't think it's going to actually stay in it's previous condition / cargo until next 58.

But is the actual truck persistent? I left a broken one on the road last night(on a very low pop server) now it's gone

ahhhh.. Back again...MMMM  Loot Everywhere =) *I been roamin  to the coast and back* N.S.E.W. Your Zombie count is LOW...*cough*

Bring in the horde /keep the loot as is. Bring in the ZEDS.

Please /grin

Is today the wednesday, 0.58 should hit stable? (I just been to check updates)

I haven't played Dayz in months. I want AI, lots of zombies, I want persistence, and I want cars. I don't want loot explosions. 

>>Update: no update today:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn731b

Edited by S3V3N

Is today the wednesday, 0.58 should hit stable? (I just been to check updates)

I haven't played Dayz in months. I want AI, lots of zombies, I want persistence, and I want cars. I don't want loot explosions. 

>>Update: no update today:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn731b

You will be left wanting. See you in a few months. 

This is ridiculous, the DayZ development has really totally stalled over the last months, even worse than earlier. And .58 is another letdown, of all the major problems of the game, persistance is the only one being really adressed....

In the tweet he says that (12 hour uptime, and persistence) is the major improvment of this update... great...

Edited by ErichZann

This is ridiculous, the DayZ development has really totally stalled over the last months, even worse than earlier. And .58 is another letdown, of all the major problems of the game, persistance is the only one being really adressed....

In the tweet he says that (12 hour uptime, and persistence) is the major improvment of this update... great...

They also implemented the CLE. Item respawning is working. Dynamic events are running and cleaning up properly as well. Heli hunting finally works the way it should.

They also implemented the CLE. Item respawning is working. Dynamic events are running and cleaning up properly as well. Heli hunting finally works the way it should.

Hm ok thanks for the info, sounds like some good stuff at least. Will give it a try when it comes out... Just sad that they broke it day before planned release, server crashes, people reporting massive FPS drops... Well we'll see...

I have estimated 58 to hit stable on friday when they said wednesday, but there havent been any news so far. Might have to wait till next week :/ I was looking forward so much to finally having camps again. While the sun is shining outside. Haha.

Lol. DayZ should have never been released to begin with. They should shut it down until they stop milking their benefits and fully release it in 2020.

Interestingly enough, I paid my £20 to be able to play development builds until the game is released fully, not to play something that has everything I want straight away. Why bother buying the product in its unfinished form if your all going to cry that it doesn't work properly yet? Surely some of you must have common sense?

Edited by Luc1fer
  • Like 3

Interestingly enough, I paid my £20 to be able to play development builds until the game is released fully, not to play something that has everything I want straight away. Why bother buying the product in its unfinished form if your all going to cry that it doesn't work properly yet? Surely some of you must have common sense?

You must be new here, welcome.

If you brought your own common sense please bring it over to the experimental side.

There's also plenty of "Oh mah gawd I paid thirty whole dollas and can't get mah m4 in fifteen minutes and over 9000fps wtf?" around here too.  

• Like 4

Lol. DayZ should have never been released to begin with. They should shut it down until they stop milking their benefits and fully release it in 2020.

it hasn't been "released". It's not even in beta testing yet. You can always tell when someone didn't do the assigned reading. Perfectly proved here. Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

it hasn't been "released". It's not even in beta testing yet. You can always tell when someone didn't do the assigned reading. Perfectly proved here.

Got to remember fine print is for noobs, even when it's in big red letters lol.

Was talking to a friend's husband about this game the other day at a party so he looked it up on his tablet, the first thing he noticed was "You're right... they don't recommend buying it if you're an impatient whiner". Paraphrasing a little but that's what I took from the disclaimer.

• Like 5

People reading signs? Really? Seriously? Hell, most won't make an effort to even flip that little lever to let folks know they're changing lanes, let alone notice someone might be in the physical space they intend to occupy.  No worries though, natural selection always wins.

Was talking to a friend's husband about this game the other day at a party so he looked it up on his tablet, the first thing he noticed was "You're right... they don't recommend buying it if you're an impatient whiner". Paraphrasing a little but that's what I took from the disclaimer.

Yeah, just that whole thing gave me a flashback to some upper level anthropology and history courses is all.  I could always tell when stupid people didn't do the assigned readings by the off topic ridiculous questions they would ask and things they would say.   If I hadn't done the reading, the last thing I did was open my mouth and let everyone else who had know it, I like to participate so I tried to always be ready.

thx, see on on release then

some time when the release officially hits, noobs will come streaming back to DayZ, and these will be truly glorious days of forum whining and for people that kept playing the early access

"i always get killed by snipers i can't even see" or "sniper rifles are OP lease nerf them" or even "a freshspawn punched me out allthough i was wearing a weapon he must have hacked"

glorious days ahead

Edited by Zombo

Is the ak101 removed from the game in the stable branch and exprimental?

If it was removed can you tell me why?

Is the ak101 removed from the game in the stable branch and exprimental?

If it was removed can you tell me why?

No it was not removed, its just as rare as Aug, m4 and ump and only spawn at helicrashes. Why? Who the hell knows.

Any notion on when we might see the stable 0.58 version? I don't wanna switch to Exp and then back to Stable, if it is only a matter of days. 

What's the main biggest change, you'd say between 0.57 and 0.58? The CLE finally working? Are zombies back? Are Ufos ingame yet ;)? 

I don't know why you're always hacking on the people, who complain. Next year, we'll see if this broken piece of code actually makes it into a stable beta. Until then we'll enjoy all the gratuitous features, aka bugs. I'm not saying this game should be working as intended by now, but it should be working better than it does. 

Any notion on when we might see the stable 0.58 version? I don't wanna switch to Exp and then back to Stable, if it is only a matter of days. 

What's the main biggest change, you'd say between 0.57 and 0.58? The CLE finally working? Are zombies back? Are Ufos ingame yet ;)? 

I don't know why you're always hacking on the people, who complain. Next year, we'll see if this broken piece of code actually makes it into a stable beta. Until then we'll enjoy all the gratuitous features, aka bugs. I'm not saying this game should be working as intended by now, but it should be working better than it does. 

There's a tweet from Brian an hour ago, not sure how to share it but...

The guys will be back to working on a stable candidate Monday was kind of where it was going.

• Like 1

In preparation for the release of .58 to stable I attempted to suicide my public 3 pp server character and test the aerodynamics of the V3S by doing something very much like this.

Unfortunately all that happened was the truck glitched into the cliff as opposed to driving over and flying off of it.  Character was completely naked but lived to survive the resulting crash, (the undercarriage was completely destroyed) has managed to exit the vehicle alive and is now trapped under the rock face.

I attempted this superhuman, he-manly deed of derring-do at the Sevrograd Red October Open Pit Mine Number 1452.  I approached the mine across an open field at full speed heading east to west.  Sadly, the stunt did not go at all as planned and I will be trying it again very soon at a different location (as soon as I escape from under the rock face).  To end I would like to assure you all, no ground hogs were harmed during this failed feat of flamboyance..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

just played dayz after few months again. its looking amazing. did you work on the graphics? :O