SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I wouldn't say it's unplayable, it's just on hard mode at the moment whether on purpose or by accident. I consider myself extremely resourceful at gathering supplies in this game and I died 4 (yes, four) times to not having one of the following: a weapon, food, or water. Pick one, I died from each at least once despite my best efforts. I guess I'll server hop to get geared up so I can actually focus on exploring and not just staying alive.

In my 15ish minutes in(I drop all clothing/items off start); I've already found a track jacket, cargo pants, nikes, a hat(fully clothed, check) 2 CR75s, a Blaze, a shotty and ammo for it, beer and veggies! All on a 58 player server(in about a 2 block radius in Hobo).

Different strokes for different folks I guess =P

I noticed the hit detection is like 100%s better though now with melee compared to .49.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

Grrr. Can't play tonight, might be yet a bit buggy for me anyways. So... is Persistence working fine so far? Has anyone found any horticulture-able items yet? Can't wait to read more reports from you guys! :thumbsup: :beans:

Edited by Demonica

Egad!  My character's running fast animation looks terrible this patch.

Healthy again. What makes the "My leg is painful" go away, painkillers or morphine?11j3ix4.jpg

So, I have not experienced the bugs already mentioned but I noted how fast you can go from hungry to starving to dead, I'm pretty sure It'll get fixed in time, other than that I don't know if it's me but got better perfomance (or it looks like it) and somehow my gameworld looks thinner.

On the running animation replace, unnecessary, kinda apeish but funny for a few minutes.

I ran into some Zombie-Cow action aswell hahaha.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321226864

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321226913

Thanks for launching 0.50 guys, looking forward to the patch notes.

My character seems to move on its own sometimes forward, backward, sidewards also i play with arrow keys to walk and use the 3,1,4,6,7 and 9 keys in the numbloc to look around, when im running and press the keys it bugs like seen in the screens and i cant force the camera back forward  unless i quit the game (happened 3 times).

http://i.imgur.com/VWhacLC.jpg

also theres an xbox button (i have wireless gamepad i need to activate and saitek x52 pro joystick if that helps) and after some time 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes my controls seem to bug and when i press escape all keys seem to press, like im holding arrow key down and it jumps all the time, only restart fixes that.

Healthy again. What makes the "My leg is painful" go away, painkillers or morphine?11j3ix4.jpg

Take morphine, or just use a splint. Way cheaper..

Healthy again. What makes the "My leg is painful" go away, painkillers or morphine?

You can just make a splint and it will go away.

• Like 1

Guys, stop whining, you wanted auto-run. There you have it :D

• Like 2

OK. Lots of comments about bugs, glitches and what-not, but what about new additions? The only difference I saw was the new sprinting animation. But what's new other than that? 700+ MB patch must have new items, etc. Maybe it was just for Peboda dam near Svetlo and a few other map changes.

If anyone finds new items, feel free to share!!

so the only new item i found so far was a snare trap for rabbits on the reddit changelog ?

would be so sad ^_^  was really hoping for new items / vehicles / persistent items actually really saving for the 0.50 version

well maybe just nobody survived long enough :D

http://imgur.com/a/CmYhR

Edited by SpawnZ

I have starved to death more today then I did as a noob my very first week. Walking bug is crazy bad for me on hardcore, not so bad on regular. Zed agro seems more excessive than before. I killed one outside Berezino, looked up and here come four more. Plus side is they seem a bit easier to beat to death but four on one got me. Splitting axe is back, have yet to find a fire axe to try.

I really like DayZ like it is in Experimental. Yes it's probably unrealistic to be staving within 5 mins of spawning, but with food being more scarce and the stomach capacity lowered, Experimental feeling like a battle to survive..... Which is exactly how it should feel.

At the moment, on stable, getting Healthy is "Waaaay" too easy, you spawn.... loot 2 or 3 houses and you have a full stomach and are fully energised and hydrated, therefore knowing your blood type, blood bags and saline are pointless.

• Like 1

Just played an hour. First spawn I was immediately attacked by a zombie while game was still loading and after that couldn't loot because of being chased all the time by multiple zombies, I didn't survive. 2nd spawn was more successful. Did not experience the movement bug so far. Hate the new sprinting animation. Sometimes I hear zombies but don't see them,

Ok, so this is clearly the PS4 emulation patch as you will not get the movement bug if you use a controller.

PS. I can't believe some of you preferred the previous run cycle over this one. The last one had you playing as some tight assed stiff who would shit out diamonds if you ate some coal.

Ya this is much better, its more like the 100m dash in the Special Olympics.

The running with a pistol in one hand is awesome too. I totally dont feel like I'm about to either shoot my friend or blow my own head off.

Anybody seen any cars or car parts ? 

No, and i highly doubt vehicles are  even in.

I have found if you double tap the direction you're stuck moving in, you will stop. Tried this multiple times and it worked every single time.

Annoying yes. Unplayable no.

Mostly unplayable.  You're one of those dads that thinks it's more important that every kid gets a chance to bat rather than winning, aren't you? ..no one is ever wrong, they just have 'opportunities'

Mostly unplayable.  You're one of those dads that thinks it's more important that every kid gets a chance to bat rather than winning, aren't you? ..no one is ever wrong, they just have 'opportunities'

Don't be so harsh towards him, he at least backed his opinion up by showing a workaround. I don't know how frequent the movement bug happens to you, I've encountered it once in two hours gameplay, so it isn't that bad for me.

• Like 1

Anybody seen any cars or car parts ?

No, and i highly doubt vehicles are  even in.

Latest status report confirms it.

Pairing this work with work currently under way by the design and programming teams to support the upcoming experimental release of both our first vehicle, as well as the first iteration of barricading via locked doors and the methods to break them down will greatly expand the player experiences as we close out 2014.

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-29-sept-14

Edited by Chompster

Did you manage this without puking before the screen shot? 

How extreme was your hunger and thirst before filling up?

Yep never puked. Get rid of thirst and hungry shortly afterwards and was red stuffed. It's manageable but obviously not right. I think they probably went "ok let's experiment by making stomachs 50% the size they were" or something. The moment stuffed goes from red to orange, thirsty and hungry will reappear.

Maybe it's panic but the movement bug tends to happen when zombies get raged.

Edited by freethink

You're one of those dads that thinks it's more important that every kid gets a chance to bat rather than winning, aren't you? ..no one is ever wrong, they just have 'opportunities'

Really? Well... I still say it's an annoying bug, but it hardly makes the game unplayable. Sorry you disagree but no need to try and get personal.

Had an hour or two of play on this last night, managed to get a raincoat, proper bag, etc, even found a mosin, ammo for it and a magnum/longhorn also with ammo.

- Movement is controlled by the server now? It certainly seems like it. I guess that would eliminate speed hacks, but I hope to god they don't release that to stable before it flows better. :/

- Love the fact that you can run with a pistol ONE-HANDED! :D However, forward run + strafing with a one-handed weapon makes you go at a different angle than without.

- Hunger and thirst is REALLY a factor now, died of thirst running past Severograd after spawning in Novo. Filling up on food first is not a good idea, you'll be stuffed so long you won't be able to drink enough to stay alive?

Didn't get a chance to see much more, the movement keypresses not being registered properly by the server makes the game a bit too perilous for my taste. Nearly ran off a couple rooftops and figured I'd best stay on ground level.

Edited by Sinnaman
  • Like 1