SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Died because I was Starving and Dehydrated but close to vomitting stuffed

GG Dayz you have superb troll skills.

• Like 1

I think this patch is unplayable at the moment due to starving to death way to fast and there's no food anywhere there needs to be a hotfix ASAP

I'm playing it just fine, healthy, hydrated and energized.

Btw, some new Zombie noises.

Which are great but there's something a little buggy going on with the directions I think.

Died because I was Starving and Dehydrated but close to vomitting stuffed

GG Dayz you have superb troll skills.

Do you sprint a lot? I was thinking sprinting might be tied to faster calorie loss, I'm starting to suspect it has an effect upon hydration too. It could be the overall rate of loss is higher regardless of activity level but the number of people talking about being stuffed and starving leads me to think otherwise. If it was simply the rate being too fast, then we'd all be having the same problem. However if some people are sprinting all the time and others aren't and it's the former that are having the issue, we might be closer confirming the link.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

Do you sprint a lot? I was thinking sprinting might be tied to faster calorie loss, I'm starting to suspect it has an effect upon hydration too.

I sprinted all the time, and i too had problems with rapidly getting hungry and thirsty while still being stuffed. I still need to figure this out ( i killed my second character intentionally now since it's really time to go to sleep now ) but if they did couple hunger and thirst to player movement, that would be a huge step.

Not server hopping, but hopping from village to village to eat and drink would be a giant improvement on the survival side of the game....

Only thing for me in the last few hours on SE8 (SW8?) was session lost errors after random times, 10-60 minutes.

Haven't had the sticky key issue.

I did find 1 repeatable issue:

Start the game, click I Understand, then Change Server.

Hit escape, you're back at the main menu.

Clicking either Character, Configure or Change Server just refreshes the main menu instead of opening those dialogues.

EDIT: Just tried a third time, same results.

EDIT2: Change Server and Configure work now, but not Character.

Edited by whiskeytango

I did find 1 repeatable issue:

Start the game, click I Understand, then Change Server.

Hit escape, you're back at the main menu.

Clicking either Character, Configure or Change Server just refreshes the main menu instead of opening those dialogues.

EDIT: Just tried a third time, same results.

Confirmed by me. However, clicking another time leads to the desired menu.

I was just sitting a couple of minutes, hunger and thirst seems to gets worse with the same speed like when you run. I had the orange hunger state and ate a 100% spaghetti can (I had a can opener) -> still orange hunger (lol?!), after that I ate a 100% peaches can, hunger gone for just 1 min, then back to yellow hunger. After a few minutes again orange hunger. Ate a 100% tactical bacon can -> for 1 minute yellow hunger, after that back to orange hunger. Last but not least ate a tuna fish can -> yellow hunger. After 5 mins back to orange hunger. So I ate 4 full cans of food and got again orange hunger after maybe 10-15 mins. 

That must be a bug, no dev on earth could be seriouse about that, rofl.

Edit: But actually I died now 2 times because the game crashed while Ii was in the middle of a town chased by zombies. I guess zombies f**** me up. All in all, nothing but frustration. Be back when a new update will fix it.

Edited by Sharplooter

I was only sprinting when zombies were chasing me, so approximately 99 percent of the time.

I get tired of being the experiment.  Sometimes it would be nice to do some experimenting, some testing of our own.

Z

Spawned in Cherno, found some decent stuff, then some freshspawn guy said he was friednly we walked around, since i had no weapon i was kinda suspicous, then i got the no controls glitch, and he fucked me over with a Hoe. 

GG.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Insta died out of nowhere while sprinting in berezino, I was on the school area, went upside a 10 cm tall pipe and when I passed over it I got spammed with broken legs and died. :(

Otherwise feels great.

Well, that was sobering, I found a small mass grave on the coast between Electro and Cherno, just a bit inland from the light house.

Got stuck in a throwing stance when i accidentally hit G while trying to hit F

v0.50  :facepalm:

The movement glitch makes it unplayable. There's no rhyme or reason to it; your character just continues moving in a particular direction even after you've let go of the controls. makes fighting zombies with melee very frustrating.. even had trouble turning corners and going through doors!

• Like 2

Well, that was sobering, I found a small mass grave on the coast between Electro and Cherno, just a bit inland from the light house.

That's actually been there for a while. Did you see the cool little camo tent near them?

As for the hunger mechanic (it seems hydration loss is accelerated too), I wanted to time how long it took me with my normal movement (little sprinting, lots of jogging, some walking) to lose bright green energy status without eating. So far I'm at 48 minutes and I'm still dark green energized. I'm carrying a couple tons of food but I doubt I'll get anywhere near to starving tonight anyway.

Also, and I can't believe nobody has commented on this, anyone notice how it takes far longer to get wet in the rain? So many people complained about getting insta-soaked, now I feel it might actually take too long. I've only managed to get wet by sitting outside in the rain.

Your clothes also now show different wet statuses, though I've only so far seen wet and damp. Previously I only ever saw damp.

Edited by Ebrim

v0.50  :facepalm:

The movement glitch makes it unplayable. There's no rhyme or reason to it; your character just continues moving in a particular direction even after you've let go of the controls. makes fighting zombies with melee very frustrating.. even had trouble turning corners and going through doors!

I have found if you double tap the direction you're stuck moving in, you will stop. Tried this multiple times and it worked every single time.

Annoying yes. Unplayable no.

At one hour and 4 minutes I noticed I had gone from fully energized to neutral hunger status (no status). This may be a flat acceleration, it may be activity related, it's hard to say right now but so far it seems like a welcome change more than anything. Food may actually somewhat kinda matter now, still crazy plentiful though.

• Like 1

CTD in the square in front of the Police Station in Electro.  Awesome.

Is anyone getting the "Healthy" status to pop up on there character?

Yes, but not in a while. My guy requires sustenance more often now.

Ok, so this is clearly the PS4 emulation patch as you will not get the movement bug if you use a controller.

PS. I can't believe some of you preferred the previous run cycle over this one. The last one had you playing as some tight assed stiff who would shit out diamonds if you ate some coal.

Edited by JubeiDOK

Yes. In fact I'm getting it even though I'm not "hydrated" but neutral (no icon).

My guess too.. actually.. pass Rify, north of Svetlojarsk,, is a small beach that i always thought it will be a town in there in the future.. i think is berezhki in the map.

Sounds like that's it!

Pobeda Dam is back in north of Svetlo ( confirmed on /r/DayZ ) lets just all meet there :)

I wish I could have it made it that far earlier. Still haven't seen any of the new towns or Pobeda :(

I think you should go check the small bay north of Svetlo.  ;) It´s called Berezhki on the map I frequently use...

Thank you, sir!

I think this patch is unplayable at the moment due to starving to death way to fast and there's no food anywhere there needs to be a hotfix ASAP

I wouldn't say it's unplayable, it's just on hard mode at the moment whether on purpose or by accident. I consider myself extremely resourceful at gathering supplies in this game and I died 4 (yes, four) times to not having one of the following: a weapon, food, or water. Pick one, I died from each at least once despite my best efforts. I guess I'll server hop to get geared up so I can actually focus on exploring and not just staying alive.

Also, and I can't believe nobody has commented on this, anyone notice how it takes far longer to get wet in the rain? So many people complained about getting insta-soaked, now I feel it might actually take too long. I've only managed to get wet by sitting outside in the rain.

I noticed! :)

Ok i finally got it to pop up but it took awhile to balance everything out. Whats worse is i got attacked by some one and took some fire that slightly  hazed my vision but luckily my Cold within one full load of 357 rounds killed them.So You gotta be more careful when engaging in fire fights now unless you want to be roaming around trying to balance your diet out. 

Your clothes also now show different wet statuses, though I've only so far seen wet and damp. Previously I only ever saw damp.

I meant to comment on that earlier, it's awesome! Now you don't have to fear the rain like its the plague. As long as you take a break every now and then and wring out your clothes it's fine. I've only been rained on a few times so far so not sure about it being too slow, but as of yet I've only gotten "Damp". The only remaining issue is you still have to ring out each piece of clothing 15 times. :D  

I haven't had any issue with staying energized but I'm happy to see that staying hydrated is more of an issue now! Before this version I never once had to carry a water bottle/canteen on me and never exclusively drank water because cans of food kept me hydrated. I'm thinking that movement is playing a bigger role now.

Edited by solodude23