SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Is it directly after you spawn in?  Try tapping the key direction you character is running in to stop the movement works with other Arma games when you get it. Just a thought might work.

If that is the case.. that is a common bug, it happens in other games too... damn.. i can't remember which other game had exactly the same problem.. ah!...SWTOR.. exactly the same thing.

Got the same bug. Lasted for about 20 seconds then stopped.

Also seem to be getting directional sound errors with Zeds; the sound and visual location are in two different places.

Oh jesus.. how does this even happen this far along? I sit and wonder to myself- do they just change a thing here or there and dump it right on experimental or do they mock it up first?

OMFG will NOT play until that wretched sprint animation is fixed - makes my eyes hurt to see such terrible animation in such a beautiful environment. sad day.

Note to Devs: the previous sprint animation was just fine.

• Like 1

Is anyone getting a black screen then desktop but you can still hear everything in game?

OMFG will NOT play until that wretched sprint animation is fixed - makes my eyes hurt to see such terrible animation in such a beautiful environment. sad day.

can anyone link a screenshot or vid?

It seem to be staying for me. If I walk or run in a direction, can't stop, and character sidesteps for no reason. Sometimes, out of nowhere I start walking backwards.

This. Completely unplayable.

• Like 1

it can't be that bad... surely...now the only thing i can imagine is this ;

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 5

It seem to be staying for me. If I walk or run in a direction, can't stop, and character sidesteps for no reason. Sometimes, out of nowhere I start walking backwards.

Not sure if it's related or not, but I mashed a bunch of keys right before it was fixed.

it can't be that bad... surely...

fine, you go play the knuckle dragging ape, I'm going back to stable and hoping to god this gets fixed.

it can't be that bad... surely...now the only think i can imagine is this ;

lol GOOD SHOW!!!!!

Fail patch it seems. Can't run the directions I want most of the time b/c the buttons get stuck and when I can run my character looks like a fat person struggling to stay on a treadmill. Zombies hitting from a mile away still. I came back from a month break to check out this patch. Looks like it still needs more time.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HAS ANY PERSON FOUND THE MP-133 OR THE ROSSI R92 YET?

Is it directly after you spawn in?  Try tapping the key direction you character is running in to stop the movement works with other Arma games when you get it. Just a thought might work.

Regular or hardcore. Not necessarily right after I spawn. Just came out of an hardcore server, and was ok for about 10 mins, then it started. It's totally random. Sometimes it all direction side-steps (one at a time, ex: going back diagonal left) sometimes stuck running, sometimes going backwards. Pressing the opposite key stops the movement. Letting go restart the movement. Going back to the menu shows infinite scrolling of the menu options.

Going to wait till we get a fix for the uncontrolled character movements. It's probably due to the new sprinting animation.

I was starving and stuffed simultaneously.

I did the game cache check and my movement has been ok. Double tapping on the direction you are going may work. Not 100% sure as I was tapping every option possible to stop in happening. Also had an issue holding a weapon and pressing space - it would raise it and then lower it again. It's like handling a drunk. I noticed it happens more in built up areas for me.

I actually unplugged my keyboard and mouse the first time I played earlier:D

• Like 1

Regular or hardcore. Not necessarily right after I spawn. Just came out of an hardcore server, and was ok for about 10 mins, then it started. It's totally random. Sometimes it all direction side-steps (one at a time, ex: going back diagonal left) sometimes stuck running, sometimes going backwards. Pressing the opposite key stops the movement. Letting go restart the movement. Going back to the menu shows infinite scrolling of the menu options.

Do you have a controller connected to you computer ?...if so try disconnecting it from the USB port and restart the game, and see if it still happening.

Do you have a controller connected to you computer ?...if so try disconnecting it from the USB port and restart the game, and see if it still happening.

No. No gamepads or other devices. Mouse, keyboard, that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the new animations, since I've never had this bug/glitch in DayZ before.

LOL the new run animation with nothing in your hands does look kinda apeish and also looks like our characters are..... hmmmmmmm how to put this correctly.................. challenged.......

Edited by huf757
  • Like 6

LOL the new run animation with nothing i your hands does look kinda apeish and also looks like our characters are..... hmmmmmmm how to put this correctly.................. challenged.......

this

I did the game cache check and my movement has been ok. Double tapping on the direction you are going may work. Not 100% sure as I was tapping every option possible to stop in happening. Also had an issue holding a weapon and pressing space - it would raise it and then lower it again. It's like handling a drunk. I noticed it happens more in built up areas for me.

I actually unplugged my keyboard and mouse the first time I played earlier:D

These 2 statuses have nothing to do with each other... you can fill your stomach on water and still be dying of hunger

• Like 1

That's always been possible. Energy (hunger) and stomach capacity (stuffed) are two separate things. As you digest the contents of your stuffed stomach your hunger should go away.

Edited by solodude23

Character seem to be moving without me controlling it. Never experienced that before.

I saved a guy from zombies who had this happening or was it you?

So actually I'm really liking this so far.

I did get the movement bug once in about an hour of play where I moved forward unexpectedly. Tapping forward again seemed to stop it (this as has been noted happens in other games at times). I didn't go very far before I realized what was happening so it hardly mattered.

Other points of interest:

I found 4 zombies in a shed in Prigorodki and in total of the time spent there I killed about 8. I like this.

I killed all above zombies with a pipe wrench which felt much more effective than before. I even noticed I was getting double hits (like zombies occasionally do to the player) which made dispatching them even easier.

I feel like I'm getting hungrier faster however this isn't due to cold which hasn't been an issue as yet. Is physical activity (heartrate) now linked to calorie burn? I got to red hunger status after in the beginning doing a lot of sprinting even though I had a couple cans of soda and a bit of harvested fruit (berries/apples). I haven't done nearly so much sprinting since and my hunger seems more in control. That someone above mentioned being both stuffed and starving could be evidence in this direction as presumably you're doing something to accelerate calorie loss beyond what has been normal.

I play first person so I haven't seen the running animation except in my shadow, so I can't really comment on that. :D

Activity now much more clearly affects heat comfort level. When you're still you get cooler faster, when you sprint, you warm up. I think a lot of people suspected this was the case before but the effect is far more demonstrable now. I feel like this may also be evidence for link between activity and calorie burn to balance this as cold is related to hunger. Being able to run and warm up indefinitely will reduce your need for calories (you'll be cold less) so it would make sense to eventually tie sprinting to calories or else you could sprint to simply neutralize the cold mechanic completely.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

I saved a guy from zombies who had this happening or was it you?

I didn't encounter any other players yet, and was able to fend off zombies attacking me despite this glitch. Gonna wait till there's a fix as it's not happening at all in 0.49 for me. (just rolled back)