SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Finally...there is meat on the table and not stable boring vege(s)tables

Just played for 10 min and was about to die from hunger, thirst, cold and just about everything except zombies. Dying from hunger after 10 mins is kinda silly

But dat realizzzzm.

People complaining about running from zombies in a zombie game.

:facepalm:

Played about an hour last night with no running glitch.

I play in almost exclusively 1st person, so looking at a different running animation doesn't bother me because I cannot see it.

Hit detection is further improved.

I fought a zed with a Hoe and was able to side step his attack and then walk WHILE the Hoe was swinging and land my shot to his head right where the animation shows contact. All very smooth.

I can confirm that the baseball bat does work against zeds now. It strikes very much on the right side so getting head shots was a little trickier than with other weapons.

Zombie aggro and AI seems to be further improved.

I ran into a non-aggressive player but his mic was so low and his accent so thick that I merely parted ways.

• Like 1

I crafted one Rabbit snare trap and got one. You need Rope and sticks.  I placed it, left for 10 min while i was exploring Svergino and  VOILA!

ioiuqje.jpg?1

Edited by Polini
  • Like 19

Played for about 30 minutes and decided to go back to stable. Had the movement bug but it went away. The deal breaker for me was being light green healthy, hydrated, energised, starving and dehydrated. Also the fact that I walked from vybor to the jail building north of the nwaf and starved to death after having eaten and had some drink. I may try again tonight but right now its just about as much fun as a kick in the crotch

• Like 3

I crafted one Rabbit snare trap and got one. You need Rope and sticks.  I placed it, left for 10 min while i was exploring Svergino and  VOILA!

ioiuqje.jpg?1

Was it in a place you normally see rabbits?

Nope, i havent see a rabbit in ages, seriously.

I placed near a tomb in the new castle ruin located on Svergino.

• Like 1

Nope, i havent see a rabbit in ages, seriously.

I placed near a tomb in the new castle ruin located on Svergino.

I think it's possible that a dead rabbit simply spawns when you leave a certain circle around the trap after placing it. ( Not always though )

That phrase doesn't at all apply to this situation. You got lucky, I didn't... end of story. When there are as many variables as there are in DayZ, two people can (not surprisingly) have very different experiences playing it at the same time. Through four very short lives, I was able to find everything I could need -- just not all on one character without dying.

The issue for me wasn't finding supplies, it was finding supplies BEFORE zombies made my life difficult. If I find a bunch of food and have no way of consuming it, or can't stop running from a zombie, then it isn't really my fault is it? Telling me you gathered all that stuff proves nothing -- I could have easily gathered all that and more had I been given the opportunity to do so without being mauled by zombies. I'm not calling it a fault in the game, it's just difficult.

If they could (re)fix the zombies-going-through-doors problem then I would have been perfectly fine. I'm quite good at trapping zombies in buildings when I don't have a way of killing them, and that would have been all I needed in order to loot to my heart's content. Buuuuttt.... zombies just walk through doors. Like, almost all of them. Pretty hard to deal with zombies when you can't trap them, can't run from them, and have no way of killing them. If they fix the door problem, the game will be easy to me again.

EDIT: My apologies if my post came across as harsh, it wasn't intended that way.

Both sides of the story need to be told, my man. So when people read through the thread they don't get the wrong impression. Another point to be made, is some people just search hot spots or areas that they are used to finding what they want. Loot distribution has been changing from one build to the next, people need to search everywhere. I found the 2 CR75s in the grass by a well behind a house. The Blaze was neatly placed on a shelf, partly covered by a curtain. I was never finding these things in these places before. People get too easily trapped in patterns, so much so that when the pattern is broken they are unable to adapt because the pattern is all they've ever known. 

Also, I'm sorry you find zeds difficult to deal with, but this goes back to patterns and habits. Sometimes it's OK to accept that the area over there that has zeds in it that I can't deal with is off limits until I find something that will allow me to deal with them.

• Like 1

Ugh... everything was going fine until I looked over my shoulder. Now it's stuck that way. I can only look to other directions now, but no longer directly in front. 

Ugh... everything was going fine until I looked over my shoulder. Now it's stuck that way. I can only look to other directions now, but no longer directly in front. 

double click "alt"?

Left click or right click?

:lol:

either, smartypants;)

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Healthy again. What makes the "My leg is painful" go away, painkillers or morphine?11j3ix4.jpg

Morphine but you want to make a splint for your leg.

I have now experienced the current metabolism glitches.

I was at neutral (not healthy but no adverse hunger or thirst) and ran around gathering all of the zombies in a mid sized coastal area.

After running for <5 mins I was red hungry and thirsty.

I stopped and dispatched the 4 zombies with a Hoe.

I found a safe building to crouch in and ate 1 can of beans which made dark green hungry/thirsty almost immediately.

Second can of beans, hungry went away but thirst remained dark green.

I had no drinks available so I could not try to fix the status immediately.

I did encounter a glitch while crawling with a broken leg last night.

At one point I began to crawl at at least double speed (this has been experienced in previous patches I believe), though I tried, I could not repeat this glitch.

double click "alt"?

Nope, doesn't help. 

Also, is it normal that I'm still starving after eating an orange, a zucchini and a 67% of a can of spaghetti?

Nope, doesn't help. 

Also, is it normal that I'm still starving after eating an orange, a zucchini and a 67% of a can of spaghetti?

"Work as intended".

Aye, but shouldn't there at least be some improvement? I was dying of starvation, ate all of those things within 2 minutes, and still dying of starvation...

Hi RagedDrew,

If you submit a ticket on the feedback tracker, we can investigate the source of your crash: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

It only happened once and it was right after the patch was released so I'm just going to assume it was due to the servers being unstable due to the update.

If I get any more crashes I will put them on the bug tracker.

Unofficial Release Notes from Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2i0txm/unofficial_050_110_changelog/

For the lazy..

Client version:0.50.125073

Servers are at 50, 60 and 70 player capacity now

Previous one was obviously not a serious thread.

This is a copied u/alaskafish changelog template

Rules are as following;

Confirmed: is for anything that has been confirmed by a source; such as a picture, video, tweet from a developer, an so forth.

Unconfirmed: are speculations, anything that may not have a picture or source and is from word of mouth.

Bugs: basically all the bugs to be aware of.

Fake: Sometimes there's that guy leaking fake images of things.

Leaks/Gamefiles: For things that aren't in game but in the codes/files. Some are datamined and other's aren't. A PF means "Possible Fake".

I try to check every ten minutes. After posts of experimental updates dies down or servers go down, I will stop checking as regularly.

Confirmed:

Unconfirmed:

• [Mechanics] Improved weather system

• [Mechanics] Two handed item throwing

• [Model] Player model is more slim

Bugs:

• [Loot] Sometimes loot duplicates, probably fault of persistence u/wstdsgnu/himynameisubik

• [Controls] Can't open inventory (TAB) on some occasions. Don't know why. u/wstdsgn

• [Controls] WASD keys can get 'locked' randomly, double tapping the direction you're running will unlock it again u/wstdsgn

• [Glitch] Full server Vybor spawn glitch is still here Video u/DarcionLP

• [Animation] Throwing animations are glitched Video u/Flavberg

• [Mechanics] Putting Smersh backpack in pants/shirt crashes the game u/DdragonScratch

• Like 1

Eh, I give up... ate a bell pepper, another orange and a can of beans, and still dying of starvation. This and the fact I can't even look over my shoulder without locking my neck in place makes this particular update unplayable.

Railway poles are the interesting one for me. They are so wonderfully ambiguous. Either they have been added purely for aesthetic value or for some purpose.

dayz-0-50-new-railway-poles.jpg

If it's purely aesthetic, it seems a lot of work for no real return, nobody cared about there not being poles before now.

If however they are there for a purpose, just think what that purpose might be... [rumourising intensifies]

• Like 1

See the locking movement, btw, perhaps going into the controls and removing any double tap keyboard configs? I did that from the very start of SA, leaving only the turbo run from [W]x2 as the only double tapped control still set. I am just finishing up my update download and will tell you in an hour or so if I suffer the "movement lock".

Movement itself works fine for me, it's the free viewing that's bugged.