SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Please, uninstall the game and go away. Stop shitting up every thread with ignorant crap. You've demonstrated at this point that your expectations for the game development process are unhinged from reality, so for our sakes and yours, just go play another game.

If you don't like reading what i have wrote then you can leave the forums, bye.

Nothing i have said is against forum rules and as i purchased the game i have the right to say what i feel about it, if you don't like peoples different opinions than you're the one who needs to go.

I can say how i feel so as i said don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Edited by anotherdeadhero

Everyone that isn't satisfied with this game should uninstall it and quit bitching.It is a privilege for us to TEST and provide our input about the current builds,bugs&errors etc.... The more distraction the team has or the indisputable attacks on their Ego's/Self esteem are not wanted.That only will slow the process of things down dealing with your BS. So once again Thanks Team keep up the great work. Ignorant people don't realize the determination and hard work you guys put into these builds not to mention the long hours. My personal opinion is most of the hate are probably coming from trolls or people that haven't seen this from day 1 to now. I believe If you don't have the hours put in to this game to give a substantial+reliable opinion or input about things; Then you shouldn't have the right to comment at all. Looking forward to the future progress and if you guys need people to participate in a servers stress test please feel free to send me a message.

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 3

The only major issue is the stomach being stuffed while trying to keep up. An easy work around is just drink till you throw up. You don't lose much energy or hydration and you gain an empty stomach. If you have a little extra food its an easy way of getting healthy without getting stuffed.

Bulimia is the solution to all your problems folks.

I wonder if that will be in the patch notes

. Added bulimia function so players can eat more in one sitting.

Everyone that isn't satisfied with this game should uninstall it and quit bitching.It is a privilege for us to TEST and provide our input about the current builds,bugs&errors etc.... The more distraction the team has or the indisputable attacks on their Ego's/Self esteem are not wanted.That only will slow the process of things down dealing with your BS. So once again Thanks Team keep up the great work. Ignorant people don't realize the determination and hard work you guys put into these builds not to mention the long hours. My personal opinion is most of the hate are probably coming from trolls or people that haven't seen this from day 1 to now. I believe If you don't have the hours put in to this game to give a substantial+reliable opinion or input about things; Then you shouldn't have the right comment at all. Looking forward to the future progress and if you guys need people to participate in a servers stress test please feel free to send me a message.

Dude it's clear this is implied towards me in part.

Let me make this clear, i have a lot of respect for the team but they should be told if they have done something stupid so as to stop it happening again like you just said in your post, Adjusting the hunger and thirst rate is a great move and props to them but then at the same time not adjusting the stuffed rate is just stupid. Why would you do that and i believe people need to say that it is stupid otherwise it wont be fixed, none of the above posts have mentioned the problem so if they had just listened to you guys, what would they have done about it, nothing. Your input is meaningless you have not addressed any of the new issues or changes so they can fix them and just gone on a whole paragraph about giving them praise, well that's great but it does not help move the game forward does it.

Wasn't directed at you Look at how many people are full of crap that are using this to just bitch without having any incite behind it. Sorry if you feel like it was directed at you in general. To my understanding from what i read through other sources they are still waiting on the sounds for the new shotty and lever-action. Anyone notice the derringer in the hot bar here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212231-twitter-chris-torchia-dayz-s-take-on-superhotthegame-p/   

Edited by Scarcifer

Zeds are a little more polite now. When you are drinking of a well, they wait until you are finnished before ruining your jacket. Dont like the penguin sprinting animation..

I think you should, it might stop you being a whinging c*nt.. :)

Smiley or no smiley, that's not the way we talk to each other around here.

Take a break.

Let's get away from the personal bickering and back on topic now, people.

Edited by Max Planck

hunger and thirsty broken I eating whole canned beans and drink whole canteen then after 5 minute Im hungry. Zombies still hitting /running through doors, walls. Randomly game crashes "dayz stopped working". Loot spawn broken as all  previous experimental versions 

Edited by BugZ

Smiley or no smiley, that's not the way we talk to each other around here.

Take a break.

Let's get away from the personal bickering and back on topic now, people.

3 day ban for rightly pointing out he was whinging like a child? Massive over reaction, imo.

[it's ten days now, for creating that account to evade your suspension. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Everyone that isn't satisfied with this game should uninstall it and quit bitching.It is a privilege for us to TEST and provide our input about the current builds,bugs&errors etc.... The more distraction the team has or the indisputable attacks on their Ego's/Self esteem are not wanted.That only will slow the process of things down dealing with your BS. So once again Thanks Team keep up the great work. Ignorant people don't realize the determination and hard work you guys put into these builds not to mention the long hours. My personal opinion is most of the hate are probably coming from trolls or people that haven't seen this from day 1 to now. I believe If you don't have the hours put in to this game to give a substantial+reliable opinion or input about things; Then you shouldn't have the right to comment at all. Looking forward to the future progress and if you guys need people to participate in a servers stress test please feel free to send me a message.

For argument's sake, it's not really a privilege if anyone who pays can play. Other than that, I agree.

hunger and thirsty broken I eating whole canned beans and drink whole canteen then after 5 minute Im hungry. Zombies still hitting /running through doors, walls. Randomly game crashes "dayz stopped working".

Essentially, this. Just when I thought I was finally safe for just a couple of moments, closing a door behind me (only one entrance), I get double hit. I turn around - no zombie there. WHAM! Oh, hello ghostie-zomb! I guess he just really wanted some attention, the poor things get smacked in the face by everyone, maybe he just wanted to cuddle... through the wall... with both paws at the same time.

Dude it's clear this is implied towards me in part.

Let me make this clear, i have a lot of respect for the team but they should be told if they have done something stupid so as to stop it happening again like you just said in your post, Adjusting the hunger and thirst rate is a great move and props to them but then at the same time not adjusting the stuffed rate is just stupid. Why would you do that and i believe people need to say that it is stupid otherwise it wont be fixed, none of the above posts have mentioned the problem so if they had just listened to you guys, what would they have done about it, nothing. Your input is meaningless you have not addressed any of the new issues or changes so they can fix them and just gone on a whole paragraph about giving them praise, well that's great but it does not help move the game forward does it.

Here's some helpful incite, Chief.

Balance is in BETA.

Please take the time to get caught up on ALL of the development news including the development "roadmap".

The most important thing for you to keep in mind while involved with this game is that changes to the game are going to constantly break it and sometimes the impact of the those changes is not known until the patch is released.

Calling the devs "stupid" in any way is ignorant on many fronts.

• Like 6

For argument's sake, it's not really a privilege if anyone who pays can play. Other than that, I agree.

It's a privilege because most games have a CLOSED Alpha.

Rebuttal?

• Like 2

CTD seems to be very frequent in this version. Played an hour and crashed 4 times.

Edit: Make that 5.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

Rebuttal?

OBJECTION!

Yeah I got nothing.

Both sides of the story need to be told, my man. So when people read through the thread they don't get the wrong impression. Another point to be made, is some people just search hot spots or areas that they are used to finding what they want. Loot distribution has been changing from one build to the next, people need to search everywhere. I found the 2 CR75s in the grass by a well behind a house. The Blaze was neatly placed on a shelf, partly covered by a curtain. I was never finding these things in these places before. People get too easily trapped in patterns, so much so that when the pattern is broken they are unable to adapt because the pattern is all they've ever known. 

Also, I'm sorry you find zeds difficult to deal with, but this goes back to patterns and habits. Sometimes it's OK to accept that the area over there that has zeds in it that I can't deal with is off limits until I find something that will allow me to deal with them.

All very good points, and I agree that both sides need to be heard. I'm often in your shoes trying to calm someone else down who's raging :p

I just had some really, really poor luck last night that's all. I broke my old "pattern" of looting back when 0.48 was in Experimental because I started to realize that useful loot spawns almost everywhere now. There are hardly any buildings left that are worth passing over completely. At the same time, I also spend more time searching. It's a double-edged sword. My biggest issue was that I didn't have anywhere to loot that didn't have tons of zombies, and I spawned in four totally different places (Elektro, Prigorodki, Novodmitrovsk, and Svetlo). I found loot each time, but never all the key elements needed to prevent inevitable death. The weird part is, the server seemed looted despite it being near-empty and pretty early on (like 2 hours after the update came out), yet there were still a gazillion zombies.

I'm not discouraged! :) I'll be playing again tonight and doing whatever I need to do in order to get a character established. Time to do some EXPLORIN'!

CTD seems to be very frequent in this version. Played an hour and crashed 4 times.

I played for about 2.5 hours last night and never crashed once. Go figure. Seems to be very hit-or-miss.

Here's some helpful incite, Chief.

Balance is in BETA.

Please take the time to get caught up on ALL of the development news including the development "roadmap".

The most important thing for you to keep in mind while involved with this game is that changes to the game are going to constantly break it and sometimes the impact of the those changes is not known until the patch is released.

Calling the devs "stupid" in any way is ignorant on many fronts.

Fair enough, i guess i could probably lower the tone down a bit and i will.

What i was trying to say is that they need to adjust the stuffed status in exactly the same way they have the hunger and thirst statuses. I am also trying to say that persistent is not fully functioning at the moment and i can't understand the devs decision to make all the exp servers persistent as it hinders the testers (us) ability to test the stuff they want us to test.

I did four complete runs of the north west to try and find some loot and i have yet to find a single gun, i wanted to find the two new weapons that i believe they have added but i am finding it impossible so i was frustrated about that, another thing to note is that the north west is meant to be a high risk, high reward area. On the fourth run i was just running across the airstrip as i realised that not one person was there, it was lifeless at the nwaf, that is madness and you have to ask why that is, in my opinion it is because the experimental servers are a bit broken at the moment.

Wasn't directed at you Look at how many people are full of crap that are using this to just bitch without having any incite behind it. Sorry if you feel like it was directed at you in general. To my understanding from what i read through other sources they are still waiting on the sounds for the new shotty and lever-action. Anyone notice the derringer in the hot bar here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212231-twitter-chris-torchia-dayz-s-take-on-superhotthegame-p/   

Nice, i looked at the picture but never noticed that in the hotbar. Wish i could just get my hands on it though.

It's very strange as my friend has a much better computer then me and he crashes to desktop all the time, once earlier on today in 20 minutes of play but since they fixed the last ctd epidemic i have yet to have one ctd, i can see why they are having trouble fixing it as it baffles us completely.

Rebuttal?

But to counter that most games do not charge you before the game is complete, therefore this game would be a much riskier investment as it could fail.

It's not that black and white but i can see both points.

Where did i imply to you that i had an issue with it being harder to survive, in fact i feel quite the opposite so what are you talking about ?? Also needing to rely on other, really please do tell how you came to that conclusion ??

What you don't seem to understand is that barely anyone is playing on the experimental servers, hell i have not even seen one get past 40 players so how can they be gathering statistics on 50 player servers when it's not passing 40, and that is because of the issues i have stated above. They need people to play it to test and gather these statistics that you are talking about and i can tell you that people are not playing it just because 'it's harder to survive', far from it, it is because of the reasons i stated in my op so please dude get your head out of your arse and actually read the post properly.

Also please do answer those questions as i would love to know the answers.

"No but seriously this patch is broken, it took me five runs of the nwaf and still not have a gun on fresh servers to realise it is completely broken."

It is not completely broken (I have three fully geared characters, 2 on 1pp servers and 1 on 3pp servers) and most of your post only contained passive aggressive attacks on the dev team over an experimental build not specific problems outside of lack of loot and guns.

I acknowledged the bugs, but im sorry to say it is perfectly playable and I saw several full servers earlier today.

Sure it's not very attractive to most of the player base in its current state but they've run many tests on experimental that were less playable than this just to get statistics. (Rubberbanding through walls and buildings and off rooftops, extreme lag due to logs to collect data, etc) 

It is very difficult to play currently due to the scarcity of loot coupled with increased energy and hydration depletion but not impossible.

Bulimia is the solution to all your problems folks.

I wonder if that will be in the patch notes

. Added bulimia function so players can eat more in one sitting.

It's a work around for an experimental system. Not a solution.

Don't take this personally, but this is a

Typical DayZ fix.  Oh, hmmm.... weird... You can eat 50 pounds of fruit and still not get the bright green energised buff. Here's what to do, stick a finger down your throat when you get stuffed, then eat more fruit. That should fix it!

It is certainly not a fix and I would be very surprised if the hydration and energy model ever make to stable in its current form. It's only meant to be a workaround for those attempting to help out on the experimentals.

Edited by dromag67

Although last night was very frustrating as I could not find any food on the awesomely beefed up server population. 5 frustrating deaths later I went back to stable. While it is a little out of whack right now I do believe they're moving in the right direction to make food and water take some priority in playing. In time when the right balance is found it will prevent the douche nozzles who just camp in a building in berezino/electro and shoot at everything that moves surviving off of 3 cans of beans and a bottle of water for hours.

I can't wait to try that rabbit trap out. Kudos to the dude that posted the pic. These last couple of updates have really made strides in the survival aspect of the game.

I really think that the new gorilla run animation was accidentally placed on the main character instead of a zed (maybe the new grandpa it was meant for) It most certainly reeks of a non human walk. It also seems like the players arms are 3 inches longer than they should be adding to this gorilla description most are describing. I pray to the gaming gods that the team isn't thinking of changing it like this permanently. I agree with those that said it was fine before. on experimental he (as I play a he) is dragging the arms at the side mostly when stable the hands go up near the chest more naturally. Ug.ug.ugly.

If I decide to give it a go again I hope to find a handgun just so I can see the badassness the animation. If I live that long.

Has anyone seen the bear?!?!?! I want to run into that fucker (ready or not to take it on) sooooo badly.

We know it's three steps forward one back at this stage so as I always say...

Cause you know....DayZ...that's why

Edited by DoctorWhy