SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I was getting the run animation, hardcore.

To the point when my character wouldn't stop strafing and got capped in the head. yay

played for 20 minutes... movement animation bugs ruined the new patch for me already. wont play it til its fixed

My firs char just died of starvation. He made it one hour. So here are my observations so far:

- No bugged movement ( the animation is new and looks kinda retarded, yeah, but no "key got stuck" bug )

- Temperature system seems to be way better. On a sunny server, i got "i am slowly cooling off" / "i am slowly warming up" alternately in the clothes i spawned in. Still, the messages spam you.

- Hunger / thirst has gotten more tricky. Your stomach isnt huge anymore and you will get hungry / thirsty way faster i think. You cant simply eat some cans, get energized and hydrated without getting stuffed and run all across the map anymore. I definitely like that.

- Melee: Well, Melee was never a problem for me, so i can't really report any changes. Found myself a farming hoe, it still knocks out zombies in one hit.

- Loot seems to be more scarce, but finally respawning properly. I spawned in Kamyshovo, and there were small ammounts of food even in buildings that should be looted in a spawn village. Couldn't find neither a gun nor any ammo.

- Was playing on DE0-5 until it restarted after 30 mins, and then on DE0-1 until i died. Both have been constantly 50/50 mostly and the game ran smooth. Also, random sounds decreased in my opinion.

- Didnt encounter a single player :(

- Game was stable. No crashes at all.

Try tapping the key direction you character is running in to stop the movement works with other Arma games when you get it. Just a thought might work.

It works.

It seem to be staying for me. If I walk or run in a direction, can't stop, and character sidesteps for no reason. Sometimes, out of nowhere I start walking backwards.

Your character is just so excited for the update he just can't sit still.

• Like 1

I play first person so I haven't seen the running animation except in my shadow, so I can't really comment on that. :D

You should still be able to notice it in first person; your screen slightly moves from side to side as you sprint almost like a sideways headbob. It bothered me a bit when I first spawned but I got used to it fairly quick.

Here it is in 3rd person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwH-LqQ71h4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by solodude23

Gahhh! I can't wait to see all the map changes. Has anyone spotted the "new coastal town" yet or have any idea where it is? I'm placing a bet right now: near Rify (between Berezino and Svetlojarsk) or past Kamenka to the west.

Edited by Tatanko

soooo tried this again (doing my best to stomach the sprint animation) and got 3 yes 3 CTD at one of the electro firestations.

edit: uninstalling and reinstalling currently....

Edited by Elle

Gahhh! I can't wait to see all the map changes. Has anyone spotted the "new coastal town" yet or have any idea where it is? I'm placing a bet right now: near Rify.

My guess too.. actually.. pass Rify, north of Svetlojarsk,, is a small beach that i always thought it will be a town in there in the future.. i think is berezhki in the map.

Edited by Cpanther

BUG 1: Bugged movement

Solution:

Tap 2x a key responsible for a direction your character is moving

BUG 2: Inventory not working (TAB is bugged)

Solution:

ALT+TAB a game for second and then it will works again

Gahhh! I can't wait to see all the map changes. Has anyone spotted the "new coastal town" yet or have any idea where it is? I'm placing a bet right now: near Rify (between Berezino and Svetlojarsk) or past Kamenka to the west.

Pobeda Dam is back in north of Svetlo ( confirmed on /r/DayZ ) lets just all meet there :)

• Like 2

Had a screen freeze, did not go black but everything was frozen, could still hear the environment.  Killed it by signing out of windows, logged back in and could not connect to database, came back in a freshie (not sure if I died or what) just got killed by a zed, spawned back in at Electro and then a CTD.  Yeah, the running animation, whose idea was that?  They should be banned from office coffee for six months, it's just plain horrid, makes me think of Planet of the Apes.   Had the walking bug coming down some stairs, a bit of a scary moment there but survived it.  Going back in now.

Edited by Barnabus

You should still be able to notice it in first person; your screen slightly moves from side to side as you sprint almost like a sideways headbob. It bothered me a bit when I first spawned but I got used to it fairly quick.

Here it is in 3rd person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwH-LqQ71h4&feature=youtu.be

I did notice the changed headbob, I meant specifically people were talking about the aesthetics of the new run and I hadn't seen that yet.

Pobeda Dam is back in north of Svetlo ( confirmed on /r/DayZ ) lets just all meet there :)

Looks like I'm heading north!

Another thing I'm noticing is worse performance in cities (namely, Cherno).

Edited by Ebrim

It says it's loading a default but it didn't, then I was chased into a building, closed the door and was beat to death by two zeds who weren't even in the room.

Edited by Barnabus

So I found new structures on one of the in-game maps in the east. That's my goal for today, to see the dam and to get up there. I won't spoil for anyone else where it is. :) Exciting times.

Now i experienced the movement bug too, solution is to double-tap the direction your character is moving. Also, 2 CTD's now within 30 minutes.

Now i experienced the movement bug too, solution is to double-tap the direction your character is moving. Also, 2 CTD's now within 30 minutes.

Yeah i am crashing like crazy man jesus  <_<

I think you should go check the small bay north of Svetlo.  ;) It´s called Berezhki on the map I frequently use...

These 2 statuses have nothing to do with each other... you can fill your stomach on water and still be dying of hunger

That's always been possible. Energy (hunger) and stomach capacity (stuffed) are two separate things. As you digest the contents of your stuffed stomach your hunger should go away.

All three

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321147744

more:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321160255

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

Oookay... 

You getting much faster hungry and thirsty than before, so far so good... but if so, why we start still with the "hungry state"?

If there is absolutly no food in your spawn area (already looted) you have to find butan + stove + pot/pan + knife/machete + something to kill a animal OR matches + axe + knife/machete + paper/book/rag/bandage OR rope + axe + ashwood tree/stick + hook + paper/book/rag/bandage in probably 10-15 mins. Maybe its possible if you are the first at place after restart, but even then you would need luck. Not to forget hunting/finding animal Or finding a pond/fishing and the lovely cooking time in addition.

The "run inland/west" advice can't be a seriouse argument anymore... a compromise between black and white seem sometimes really hard in dayz. Ok the alternative is playing "apple eating till puking simulator", but it doesn't really helps you to get out of the misery for long enough, espacially when you are cold.

To clarify it (again), the hunger system is not getting boring from the beginning, not before you are full energized. I would also prefer rather to get sick from drinking water instead of drinking tons of water (to make it less easy).

Btw, I had my first crash after 30-45 mins of playing, but then the game crashed again after only a few seconds ingame. Seems a seriouse problem to me. The running bug is an old bug which appears in Arma 2/DayZ Mod too. And I had this bug also in Dayz SA since months but very rare.

Edit: Getting slightly motion sick now, probably because of the new (annoying) running animation + bad/fast changing frames in electro... never had this problem with Arma 2!

Edit2: Yep the new running animations makes me sick, when I run with a pick axe in the hands (old known animation) I don't get sick... great.

Edited by Sharplooter

Finally...there is meat on the table and not stable boring vege(s)tables

Just played for 10 min and was about to die from hunger, thirst, cold and just about everything except zombies. Dying from hunger after 10 mins is kinda silly

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 5

Sarah Palin is on the top of that website (and Ted Cruz, for that matter), validity dismissed.

EDIT: Oh wow, a quick search: http://www.dailydot.com/esports/15-year-old-swatting-prison-sentence-hoax/

Looks like my Palin = dismissal rule for incoming information is working.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 3

I think this patch is unplayable at the moment due to starving to death way to fast and there's no food anywhere there needs to be a hotfix ASAP