SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

And pointless  commentary it seems.  grunt..frap...plop!!! 

OH DAAAAAAAAMN

they'll be back i ahve to admit the game is rather boring for me all there is to do is get into trouble or find humans no danger in towns or cities except from people and they aren't that hard to hide from if they more geared than i am especially all the loot drunk idiots that don't look around and just loot.

• Like 1

You could always search for bigfoot (rocketfoot) while you wait, Les!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/02/les-stroud-searches-for-bigfoot-in-6-new-episodes-of-survivorman-this-april/383769/

Truly a shell of the semblance of the once proud pioneer in a great genre....

:facepalm:

Ever since the latest patch there has been a shortage of Zombies in villages and small towns and adjacent areas. I know they intended to redistribute Zombies and put the bulk of them in larger cities and towns but these days It can get mighty boring traveling in the outer areas. IMHO Every Village and Town on the entire map should be infested with Zombies to keep things interesting and bring on those wild dogs and bears as well.     

I would agree with you the lack of infected is what is really killing it for me right now. But lets hope they can nail down those bugs so we can get a higher increase on them. And im with you on this one, lets see some wild animals that can fight back and that we have to avoid at times.

We need to wait for the return of persistence. Right now its loot, loot, pew, pew = kindergarden candyland gameplay. Can't wait for the next experimental. 

But Candyland never had zombies in it........or do they........ O.o

68dcda9178214d2afe7f96f1aa81175a.jpg

• Like 1

If it avoids another pointless thread.

Mine wasn't pointless at all.

Have some beans  :beans: I like a guy hat sticks to his guns hombre. But I do want more Zombies. The respondents to this meaningless thread have been for the most part positive and some have been downright informative. However with that said I think we all understand that the state of the game is constantly changing for the better. Just a few minutes ago  checked out Solnichniv and found a good number of reasonably aggressive Zombies to kill. They make such good Model 70 targets from a distance that I can't resist their face planting charms.  

Zombies were originally not going to be in this build at all. They ended up leaving a few in there for us. Eventually we will see zombies everywhere, but they identified some bugs in the AI code during the last round of Experimental builds. The AI was eating server resources to a higher degree than it should have.

Now that's what I call a well crafted and informative post! Thanks for sharing that info bro :thumbsup: . I am sure the Devs will stop the Zombies from taking a bigger bite out of  server resources than they deserve bro.   Have some beans  :beans: (I wish I could offer a pristine can of peaces but beans will have to do)

Note: Its going to be swell when Zombies have the ability to infect players if they draw blood from that player. A world where a run of Tetracycline and Antiseptics  is all that stands between you and the grave.is bound to be more interesting. It would also be nice to have some metal canteens that can be put directly on a fire or stove to boil water so that you can kill off whatever diseases might be swimming around in pond water.  

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 2

Lots of testers "involved" in this process don't care to stay in the loop it seems.

Makes for pointless threads.

Meh.

Indeed, however, it would be best if you linked the OP to the appropriate topics/articles/posts to help him/her out. :)

I would agree with you the lack of infected is what is really killing it for me right now. But lets hope they can nail down those bugs so we can get a higher increase on them. And im with you on this one, lets see some wild animals that can fight back and that we have to avoid at times.

I would imagine that Chernarus has its share of Eurasian wolves and plenty of wild dogs. Those critters are active at night and are really more interested in what you are packing than you. A pack full of deer steaks would be a temptation that a pack of starving wild dogs might not be able to resist. The wolves however could very well be after you more often than not. I if you are alone fighting off a six pack of wolves or wild dogs could quite easily punch your ticket back to the coast and a bear attack might also be centered on your food but one swat from a 400 to 800 pound Eurasian brown bear and you will be broken or knocked out and be on your way back to the coast in short order. I am sure we will see wolves and bears soon. And it comes to mind that wild hogs can be aggressive and knock you on your ass when surprised or molested

More Zombies, Aggressive, wolves, wild dogs Bears, and wild hogs should provide plenty of stimulation I'm looking forward to their arrival.      

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 4

Did they remove wildlife as well, I haven't been able to hunt since this last damn update, unless you count the people I've killed an eaten. 

I believe they had a performance impact...... Please correct me if I am wrong, however....

I found three zombies today around the kabanino to novy sobor areas ! Keep hunting Survivors!!

• Like 1

I found three zombies today around the kabanino to novy sobor areas ! Keep hunting Survivors!!

They are at such low levels we should name them.

Oh I saw Fred at Stary..still mad as ever. Was raging! He's not been the same since he split from Vera.

• Like 25

Oh I saw Fred at Stary..still mad as ever. Was raging! He's not been the same since he split from Vera.

WHAAAAT? when did that happen happen?!?!?! I thought I saw Vera with Joss at Vybor. But I thought: Nahh she is with Fred and they are happy...

WHat is the world coming to?

• Like 2

WHAAAAT? when did that happen happen?!?!?! I thought I saw Vera with Joss at Vybor. But I thought: Nahh she is with Fred and they are happy...

WHat is the world coming to?

I think Vera has gone lesbian. She's been hanging out with that dark haired one out of vybor. Hate to be the neighbours with the sound those two make.

• Like 2

I bet with a little server wide coordination we can be rid of the infection within Chernarus in about an hour. Apocalypse handled!

• Like 2

I bet with a little server wide coordination we can be rid of the infection within Chernarus in about an hour. Apocalypse handled!

Has anyone tried to see if they're respawning between server resets? I know older versions Junior and I would clear towns and know they were gone for X amout of time until the reset. With 12 hour restarts there would be no problem clearing the map leading to the people arguing that there are 0 infected even though I haven't seen them I've seen screenshots.

I know everyone complained about the zombies spawning a few minutes after you killed them in earlier patches (I never noticed this significantly in previous versions, but that's just me)

I kinda hope they bring that level of respawn back.
Zombies seem so important now, everyone wants them badly. 

I believe the idea is that it's a pain in the ass when you killed one, hang around the area for a bit, and another one launches onto you out of seemingly nowhere. 

They've increased the zombies by about a hundred or more since the last several patches [that's barely significant, considering it went from 1100 to 1240]. But they also allocated their total spawn numbers to more bigger cities.

But letting them respawn like they did before might make people a little more happy... or just lead to more complaints. 

I for one am down for it. It'll be annoying, but so will them being a "viable threat".
It'll be just as annoying.

I know everyone complained about the zombies spawning a few minutes after you killed them in earlier patches (I never noticed this significantly in previous versions, but that's just me)

I kinda hope they bring that level of respawn back.

Zombies seem so important now, everyone wants them badly. 

I believe the idea is that it's a pain in the ass when you killed one, hang around the area for a bit, and another one launches onto you out of seemingly nowhere. 

They've increased the zombies by about a hundred or more since the last several patches [that's barely significant, considering it went from 1100 to 1240]. But they also allocated their total spawn numbers to more bigger cities.

But letting them respawn like they did before might make people a little more happy... or just lead to more complaints. 

I for one am down for it. It'll be annoying, but so will them being a "viable threat".

It'll be just as annoying.

I don't know if you or anyone here tried the few infected spawning servers we had up for a day or so in .58? I got on one fairly early in them being there and had a bit of fun in Berizino killing a half dozen with an axe and they just kept coming, not spawning in front of you but around the next corner it seemed. My performance in the melee combat with them was good even with my sub par rig and internet. I left for the woods to try barrel related experiments and was away from anywhere they spawned. I got kosed searching for supplies near my camp and had to run back, got a beach south of Svetlo spawn which was fairly close so I just booked it. Running through the docks near where the infected were after a day or so of up time was brutal on my FPS, lag, and stuttering although I was having good performance in the woods away from them. There's some big performance hiccough with them spawning 

• Like 1

I forgot this was a zombie game.

Used to be zombie game...

EDIT: I must bother people with my dayz mod nostalgia. As I was watching old videos of my mod adventures I noticed that if there were more players in a group more zombies spawned. It was endless stream of zeds and you had no time to look where they spawn. We once atracted 30-40 in fire house and they just kept coming as replacement for killed ones. That was never the case in SA. Everybody say: players are biggest danger in dayz. Yes, that is true but with map so big you cant allways be where others players are. Eventialy you must go to Staroye, Msta, Nadhezino to find some gear. Without zeds its just walk trough empty supermarket.

I had great adventure in new Dayz Decay mod (that is basicly DayZero rip-off with few new things aded). I got into cammo building in Balota AF which is now enterable. And while I was searching medicine cabinets 5 or 6 zeds got inside. While playing SA in last month or so I got careless and forgot how zeds can be dangerous. I killed few but atracted new ones. I managed to get out but my blood was one line above empty. I had to eat 5 cans just get one quorter od blood back so I can see anything.

In my 850+ hours in SA I was killed maybe 5 times by zeds. Two times when I was AFK, and other 3 times when I rushed to barn with no weapons at all.

Edited by igor-vk

yes give them nicknames! and nameshields!

but seriously, Vera was a b*tch anyway

i heard she was having something going on with Terry at Balota airfield, while Fred was on vacation in H1Z1

Edited by Zombo