lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

I only drive my black gunter when the server is very low. Then I can drive even faster than 70 km/h without getting a pos correction by the server.  After the update I was driving the car faster than 70 km/h while the server was on medium. The drive was bumpy on the road ("oh no, not again this bug", in 1.09 it was better) and the car made a jump into the air. If this happens I press the button for the break pedal at once! Then there is a good chance to survive this without a car damage. In this situation it s important to not produce any new position data. The netcode should not affect the car driving, but it seems that the dev want to keep the position synchronized for each player.

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Well you went off the rails.  Vehicles are broken dude.  Chopping trees work, other than lag, firing a weapon works, running works, walking works, climbing works, skinning animals works, fishing works, melee combat works, using scopes works (mostly good), vaulting works... all of these things and more work reliably anytime you need to use them.  Vehicles are not EVEN CLOSE.  You cannot reliably drive, park, leave a vehicle stored in a barn or car tent.  Hell sometimes, you can't even get in a vehicle without dieing.  Vehicles are broke as F.  Server performance affects them but there are too many private server owners with AAA hardware on freshly wiped servers where vehicles will make you fly and die.  I know this because I have been running DayZ servers since before server admins had any control over parameters. Once you get a few people on a server building bases and what not, vehicle craziness only gets worse and worse.

Yes they are broken but they are not always broken and most of the times from my experience they work good it's not my fault people play on stupidly hyped up ultra modded and run by some idiot who doesn't know how to run a server properly and maintain it 100+ player servers that have 30+ man queue waiting to join in 
and i even dare say i enjoy DayZ's Server side vehicles only thing really bad about them apart from them flying is unrealistic behaviour of them... like actual perfomance of a car... like a 4x4 Lada Niva should be able to move freely trough out woods and especially uphill and especially go in reverse uphill because i was once stuck really badly on a stone fence in an open field unable to reverse and it was a decent angle but it's totally obviously doable in real life so i had to spend like idk 5-10 min trying to unstuck it and i eventually did it... like the 4x4 Lada is the only usuable car in DayZ for me all other cars are essentially fast get away yeet and skeet vehicles used to just run away usually on road but Lada is very good at everything and what i use it for... offroading... offroading trough woods offroading literally everywhere... other vehicles just can't do that reliably especially trough woods and some other minor details like ability to wheelspin and other stuff

• Thanks 1

Damn, this is a very good patch, i cant wait to try build one of the shelters, i need to see some diagrams of the shelters, now i did see that somewhere.. hmm

9 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Vehicles are not EVEN CLOSE.  You cannot reliably drive, park, leave a vehicle stored in a barn or car tent.  Hell sometimes, you can't even get in a vehicle without dieing.  Vehicles are broke as F.  Server performance affects them but there are too many private server owners with AAA hardware on freshly wiped servers where vehicles will make you fly and die.

I dunno bro ... personally have been playing over 1.3k hours and only experienced a bouncing car once. Have been playing on low populated servers so server performance and hardware is most likely one of the major things that affect cars and why they go flying. Interestingly enough, even server up time seems to affect cars ... meaning the server I currently play, they usually reset the server every 3 hours but for some reason the server was up at least 10h straight. Driving was a bit janky and small adjustments to the driving would get exacerbated, so turning slowly would make the car turn harder. After they finally reset the server, driving was just fine and could go 100 km/h with ease.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Thanks 1

In the feedback ticket on server perfomance drops since 1.10 devs have confirmed that they have found several issues affecting performance that will be dealt with as soon as possible. As in top priority, before anything else.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

sure they maintain and make the game better... and sure the vehicles have been broken for years since they got in the game even... but they do work if you know what you're doing like not playing massively overmodded servers and even worse playing them with an owner who doesn't know shit about how DayZ works and maintaining the server... i played on some good servers and some even have owners who make mods and maintain the server and their servers run mighty fine especially with cars... i even drive cars on like 60+ player population just fine absolutelly ZERO issues whatsoever 
DayZ vehicles work fine under certain somewhat easily achieved condition and that's good quality community hosted server with a smart and overall good owner behind it

Also my fix for this would be something like this i don't know if it's possible but have the cars run server sided and have a detection system thing that detects something wrong so when it detects server perfomance and/or connection being bad switch the cars from server sided to clientside temporarily until things stabilize then switch back or something like that 
EDIT: and even then that's kinda just a band aid with somewhat badly done stitches  

1. You can count on the fingers of the server, where the problem with cars does not play often. But such servers are not enough for 25,000 (according to Steam) playing daily. If the official server is not able to play without this problem, this is a reason to talk about a large-scale problem.
2. Server performance is lame, which reproduces desynchronization errors not only on cars. Errors in the interaction of the character with objects in his hands.
Many different errors are logged by the client on his side, and these errors are visually logged on the side of other clients. Similar errors can occur with any object in hand. This error of desynchronization with the server is not often fatal for the character. You can almost always relog to the server to fix client desynchronization. But the desync error is often fatal for the character in the car.
3. Audio desynchronization of clients. Errors related to the transmission of sound in the game to clients. Often, players in the same location on the server hear or do not hear different sounds. This incorrectly orientates the player in a dangerous environment for the character. This can be fatal to the character.
The whole problem of the survival game is the inability to provide the player with an atmosphere without errors leading to the main goal of the game "Survive". Survival often comes down to the danger of getting a server client desynchronization error.
Customers don't have to wait in line for the world's best server. This is a problem if the game is not able to play smoothly on any recommended server hardware. If there are recommendations on how the recommended server hardware should be configured in order to 100% eliminate the problem of desynchronization, the settings should be made on the official website of the game author. Do you have a link to the BIS Fix Server Desynchronization recommendations for configuring the server?

Edited by lex__1

On 11/22/2020 at 5:55 PM, Jonoats said:

Server performance has tanked in this update.  Everyone knows it.  Fix that ASAP. 

On it. The vehicle instabilities are related to it, and probably other desync/server lags you are seeing.

And again, we were/are aware of the state of vehicles, even before this update increased the appearance of issues, and it's a priority to fix for us. But it just isn't a simple one and takes time (and I agree, it's taking long).

On 11/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, Fyrd Judge said:

Pots attached to gas cookers keep vanishing with everything in them,.

Already acknowledged last week and part of the known issues, a fix is in the works.

14 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I don't think it's just a coincidence, even the various single Zs seem more aggressive and quite more resistant to me. I also have a lot more difficulty killing them with one shot of ax than before. And believe me that on this last one I have a good practice.

No changes done from our side on this, we assume it's due to the server issues (would explain individual damage not registering)

Do I see that the tactical helmet is also humid? Can a fiber/plastic helmet absorb water and become humid ?
Do I see that my firefighter clothing (defined as waterproof) also gets wet? (thing ? ? ? )

Yes, waterproof-stuff is currently getting damp, but that's also as wet as they can get, it has minimum impact on the character insulation and reflects surface-dampness. So this is intended.

In my base, inside the military tents and inside the barrels (inside the tents. Yes, the slots of the military tents are not enough :-D) all boots are wet and all clothes are humid and other various things at random between humid and wet and it has NEVER caught rain before. It had been inside for a long time, already deposited dry the first time and never touched for a long time, something has already been there for a few months. 

That's an interesting one, could you send us some details to our feedback tracker on that please (location of the tent/barrel, screenshot of the inventory)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Beans 1

I had the distinct impression that the Zs are more aggressive

They definitely increased the amount of aggression.  Combined with that stun factor it makes melee combat a little more challenging.

other than lag, climbing works, melee combat works, vaulting works... all of these things and more work reliably anytime you need to use them. 

I edited some of your examples out of your quote because I don't disagree with them.

"other than lag", what more do you need?   Melee combat- Sometimes while fighting zombies I experience lag and it makes it impossible to know where the zombie is and where my strike is.  I just swing wildly and hope for the best.

Vaulting/climbing - seem to be the same thing to me?  and no, because of lag they're broken.   I try to go over fences/railing to stairs and become exhausted.   My character becomes glued to that position, unable to move, until the game catches up and I can either try again or appear on the other side of what I am vaulting.   I have not had a player, or zombie, kill me while I am stuck in this position YET but I'm sure it's coming.

As far as firing weapons working- I find it unacceptable for a game with firearms not to have a reload button.  I've played video games for 30+ years now, this is the only game I've played that lacks one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

As far as firing weapons working- I find it unacceptable for a game with firearms not to have a reload button.  I've played video games for 30+ years now, this is the only game I've played that lacks one.

I would argue it has a reload button, as you can acces your matching ammo with a direct access slot, and hold it for long.

That said, it gets a bit trickier when you have to first load a mag with ricochets and then to a rifle. Otherwise, if you like easy PVP you might reconsider your Game choice 😄

if you like easy PVP you might reconsider your Game choice 😄

Not looking for 'easy' just fluid.

I would argue it has a reload button

xbox- If I have my pockets full of loaded magazines I can insert a loaded one at the push of a button?

1 minute ago, VodkaFish said:

xbox- If I have my pockets full of loaded magazines I can insert a loaded one at the push of a button?

im on PC so best i can do for u is give you this link i found:

3 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

What?  You're 'R' button doesn't work?  Are you a console peasant?

im on PC so best i can do for u is give you this link i found:

thanks

What?  You're 'R' button doesn't work?  Are you a console peasant?

21 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

sure they maintain and make the game better... and sure the vehicles have been broken for years since they got in the game even... but they do work if you know what you're doing like not playing massively overmodded servers and even worse playing them with an owner who doesn't know shit about how DayZ works and maintaining the server... i played on some good servers and some even have owners who make mods and maintain the server and their servers run mighty fine especially with cars... i even drive cars on like 60+ player population just fine absolutelly ZERO issues whatsoever 
DayZ vehicles work fine under certain somewhat easily achieved condition and that's good quality community hosted server with a smart and overall good owner behind it

Also my fix for this would be something like this i don't know if it's possible but have the cars run server sided and have a detection system thing that detects something wrong so when it detects server perfomance and/or connection being bad switch the cars from server sided to clientside temporarily until things stabilize then switch back or something like that 
EDIT: and even then that's kinda just a band aid with somewhat badly done stitches 

I agree with your 2 points 110%. I've run a server on an old PC for a few friends and even a public server on a VPS. You might want to add the "NoVehicleDamage" mod, but as long as its not overloaded or running a bunch of cpu-sucking mods (like some popular one), then it's fine. 

Yes, some type of detection system.  I've never worked on a vehicle physics engine, but in terms of limits, how about:

1) wheels can't be >1m above the terrain

2) wheels can't be > .25m altitude from each other

3) wheels/vehicle can't be lower than the terrain.

4) wheels can't be higher in altitude than the vehicle (meaning flipped)

Maybe those distances aren't the right ones, and maybe some of these things would make vehs a bit wonky going over cliffs, but some brute force here seems like it has to help.

10 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

On it. The vehicle instabilities are related to it, and probably other desync/server lags you are seeing.

And again, we were/are aware of the state of vehicles, even before this update increased the appearance of issues, and it's a priority to fix for us. But it just isn't a simple one and takes time (and I agree, it's taking long).

Already acknowledged last week and part of the known issues, a fix is in the works.

No changes done from our side on this, we assume it's due to the server issues (would explain individual damage not registering)

Yes, waterproof-stuff is currently getting damp, but that's also as wet as they can get, it has minimum impact on the character insulation and reflects surface-dampness. So this is intended.

That's an interesting one, could you send us some details to our feedback tracker on that please (location of the tent/barrel, screenshot of the inventory)?

Out of curiosity, are you able to speak as to what potential options are being explored in terms of vehicle performance improvements? It's been an ongoing problem for so long, I think a lot of us are just curious as to how The Dev Team views the problem internally and what ideas are on deck for improving it. 

10 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I think the only way to fix vehicles 100% is to make them client-side.  The vehicle should be telling the server where it is, not the other way around.

13 hours ago, VodkaFish said:

I edited some of your examples out of your quote because I don't disagree with them.

"other than lag", what more do you need?   Melee combat- Sometimes while fighting zombies I experience lag and it makes it impossible to know where the zombie is and where my strike is.  I just swing wildly and hope for the best.

Vaulting/climbing - seem to be the same thing to me?  and no, because of lag they're broken.   I try to go over fences/railing to stairs and become exhausted.   My character becomes glued to that position, unable to move, until the game catches up and I can either try again or appear on the other side of what I am vaulting.   I have not had a player, or zombie, kill me while I am stuck in this position YET but I'm sure it's coming.

The game has a reload button so how the guns work is

Have a gun... chamber it

Have a magazine... load it and leave it in the inventory

Get the gun in your hands and HOLD R and it reloads that mag

Alternatively you can bind a mag to your hotbar and hold that for a reload this is kinda useful if you have multiple mags with different ammo count

Holding R also reloads bolt action rifles and internal mag guns like SKS

Still experiencing heavy lag, desync and disconnects on Oficial brazilian server 002 and people reported on our community group that same is happening in 001 and 003.

Can you PLEASE fix this issue: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153090#2133081

Please, for the love of god, fix this damn bug!  It is crippling many servers and mods and driving a large portion of your community nuts!

There's already been quite a bit of work done by community members to pinpoint the issue, see the above post on the Feedback Tracker.

We don't care about anything else, you can even stop updates altogether, just fix this so we can use mods again like we did pre-1.09.  Ever since 1.09 we've had to remove more and more mods due to this bug causing the server to freeze during startup.

The mods are arguably the best part of this game and what has kept it alive for the last year or so,  but now they are crippled by this bug.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, ImpulZ said:

OK, if there have been no changes it must be a bug of the game, I'll try to deepen this other WE, maybe with another check of the game files.
However, in addition to being more careful and aggressive, I always found myself advancing with the ax inside the Z that continued to attack and damage me, while I, having reached a certain proximity, could no longer do any damage. And it seems impossible to move back because by brandishing the ax the character continues to advance, even if he continues to press the "back" key (S).
And taking the damage the character becomes a little "dazed" and it is also difficult to turn around and run a little further to resume being able to do damage.
Thus it is almost impossible to face the Z in front, there is a high risk of death even by facing only one.
Never seen this before.

But no ... why these absurdities?
If it is waterproof it cannot become wet or humid.
Please, at least on these basic things, don't make this game more absurd and unreal than it already is ... please.

Yes, I made a report. I'll have to read if there have been any replies or any requests.
In any case, this WE must do other more precise insights, also because not all tents and barrels contain wet or damp things. So to a superficial view it would seem random ... but perhaps, looking more carefully, it has its own "precise logic" ... at the moment I don't know.
The 2 Car Tents have all the barrels with damp and wet things, the Military Tents just a few ...
If I have had a response to my feedback, I will continue to respond there.

In any case, thanks for your attention and replies.
And sorry for my bad English but I have to use Google

8 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

But no ... why these absurdities?
If it is waterproof it cannot become wet or humid.
Please, at least on these basic things, don't make this game more absurd and unreal than it already is ... please.

800px_COLOURBOX38938951.jpg

Don't overthink it.
Here's what I think they mean when they say a raincoat only gets "damp". Surface moisture, basically. And, as mentioned, "minimum effect on character insulation".

Edited by Masgel

It is not so.
1) If it is external it is irrelevant, here we are talking about the humidity that affects the character, therefore internal and not external: which is impossible if it is truly waterproof.
2) When it rains even a little, it immediately becomes humid and the character begins to consume too much food even without doing anything and constantly complaining about the cold, so it is NOT irrelevant, but very annoying.

All these things are absurdities and inconsistencies made deliberately (as admitted by the developer himself) that's what makes them even more annoying ... they seem to want to ruin this game on purpose, creating any kind of difficulty, even absurd, unreal and unlikely to create many types of difficulties. But what's the sense of this?
And what also puzzles me is that few argue and there is even someone who defends this meaningless approach.
Provided that ... this is an idea that is coming to me little by little, seeing how this game is treated and managed ... that they want to make it stupid, unreal and buggy (not fixing very important things) on purpose to push as many players as possible to go and play on private servers that is managed in a different way and with MODs to recover the shortcomings and absurdities of the vanilla game...thus they would save game repair work and resources to manage the vanilla servers.
Other reasons for treating a game in this way I just don't know