lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

2 minutes ago, LeT4uK said:

Eat with washed hands or with gloves. You can eat fat but cooked, and be careful it may be rotten. 

Always got gloves. 😁

The fat's just been cooked and the status if baked so it's going in the belly. Don't know why I never ate it before.

But, it is taking a LOT of food to fill up my toon's stomach. Seriously 5 venison steaks in one sitting?

4 minutes ago, Melone (DayZ) said:

Ok, I was irritated because I couldnt see my character in the start screen after the update. I also started on the same server and see my old character.

With the new food system, will hooked fishes in a wooden box also decay? I'm afraid so, eat everything quickly 🙂

Yeh, I couldn't see him when I logged into the main menu screen. So I just logged onto my last server from the server list menu and he's on the main menu now. My name has disappeared though, but who cares.

I thought it was going to be like the old days, when an update wiped absolutely everything. It didn't really matter then. But it does now.

5 minutes ago, MrGrif said:

Im not sure if this just an isolated issue with the Vanilla Community Server I am on, but the Zombies appear to be stuck in place alot more and / or less aggressive , less prone to attack you or chase you. Seems to happen to a certain % of the zombies. ? 

They're attacking me just fine.

13 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Always got gloves. 😁

The fat's just been cooked and the status if baked so it's going in the belly. Don't know why I never ate it before.

But, it is taking a LOT of food to fill up my toon's stomach. Seriously 5 venison steaks in one sitting?

You have 20000 energy - 1 steak fried gives you ~700. Fat - 1200. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

New Update and the Server Performance goes down!!

I host our server on an E5- 4,4GhZ CPU and the Server laggs with only 40 People! Before the Update it was defintly better! Fix problems like that, and don't add new buggy shit...

And no we have an Vanilla Server!

Greets GcAGaming!

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

LOL,

I can see a lot of fat being eaten in my Toon's future.

An update on the food situation...

So far my toon has devoured 5 venison steaks, 4 beef steaks, 5 portions of baked fat...

and still I don't see the stomach full symbol.

Is this right? Or was food seriously nerfed in this patch?

• Sad 1

So is this the last update for the game, ever? 2nd year of post -release support coming to an end, with flying car feature still perfectly in tact. Will we get a surprise 1.11 Flying Car Fix Update or is this goodbye from the DayZ team? The 1.10 update post doesn't mention anything about what's to come next. Are the developers going to silently disappear now?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

So is this the last update for the game, ever? 2nd year of post -release support coming to an end, with flying car feature still perfectly in tact. Will we get a surprise 1.11 Flying Car Fix Update or is this goodbye from the DayZ team? The 1.10 update post doesn't mention anything about what's to come next. Are the developers going to silently disappear now?

I guess they expect the revolution that you promised to spearhead to gain traction and take over.  So you tell us, when is the next update?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thundermight said:

WHERE IS MY FRYING PAN?????

edit: i also lost some other stuff, but i can't remember what, just empty slots now....

9 hours ago, Thundermight said:

URGENT BUG!!!!
 YOU LOSE EVERYTHING ATTACHED TO GAS STOVE WHEN YOU GOT SOMEHOW DCED OR LEAVE THE SERVER!!!
INCLUDING ITEMS INSIDE FLYING PAN!!!

6 hours ago, LeT4uK said:

Same. In my inventory only gas stove. Pot and gas canister disappear.

The problems with deleted items which was inside nested containers was mentioned in the forum and feedback tracker since 1.09. The pan problem (nested in a kind like a container attached the stove and/or gas bottle inside the player inventory) started in 1.10 Experimental and was mentioned in the forum serveral times, too. 

Saddly there was no response from the Devs about it (as I know). You could now mod (and fix) the problem as a modder (changelog about the now moddable clothing class).

But on Vanilla: Instead if just deleting items (when the player char is relogging) it should not be possible to store all the different problematic items attached to eachother inside the inventory in the first place. @lynn.zaw any info about this?

Edited by andro_dawton

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

An update on the food situation...

So far my toon has devoured 5 venison steaks, 4 beef steaks, 5 portions of baked fat...

and still I don't see the stomach full symbol.

Is this right? Or was food seriously nerfed in this patch?

FYI the food meter has been changed to more accurately show your overall calorie level whereas before it only showed the first 15% or so. In other words once the meter is full you're completely full. Before you had to eat well past the full meter to actually be full.

Started to have big performance issues with the push from Experimental (no issues) Stable (2 BSOD within 2 hours of play [of that ~20min of sitting in queue]). Anyone experiencing the same?

11 hours ago, LeT4uK said:

You have 20000 energy - 1 steak fried gives you ~700. Fat - 1200. 

A little excessive as proportions.
20,000 / 700 = 28.58 ±

Who would be able to eat more than 28 animal steaks just to have a full stomach? I would be curious to know what the World Record is on this.
Another BS from the developers of this (potentially) nice game.

Developers: How about making the acquired energy value, steak value, and in-game consumption a little more plausible ?

THANKS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

20,000 / 700 = 28.58 ±

Who would be able to eat more than 28 animal steaks just to have a full stomach? I would be curious to know what the World Record is on this.

Developers: How about making the acquired energy value, steak value, and in-game consumption a little more plausible ?

THANKS

Yep, this gamification just so that player constantly looks for food/items detracts from the experience. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

20,000 / 700 = 28.58 ±

THANKS

Already was done with 1.10. Just noticed that the maximum energy value was reduced from 20000 to 7500.

Why are the shovels so brittle now? It’s ridiculous that after 5-6 uses that it becomes damaged. This hurts immersion and could be more realistic. In Soviet Russia, shovel is made well and lasts a long time because your family can only afford one.

Why can’t shoes last longer? I’m always repairing my shoes 2 or 3 times per hour. This also hurts immersion imo.

Some of these changes are carelessly applied, it seems. 

The food thing was strange at first, as if they hit the reset button completely, but I believe that change is for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

19 hours ago, Thundermight said:

URGENT BUG!!!!
 YOU LOSE EVERYTHING ATTACHED TO GAS STOVE WHEN YOU GOT SOMEHOW DCED OR LEAVE THE SERVER!!!
INCLUDING ITEMS INSIDE FLYING PAN!!!

Thank you for letting us know. We added it to the known issues and a fix is in the works.

15 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

It would be good to know if you cooked/ate them one after the other, or if you ate them straight in a row.

3 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

20,000 / 700 = 28.58 ±

THANKS

There are a couple of things to unpack here, it does not work as you describe it.

Primarily, there is a difference between the energy that the character has and the volume of the stomach that is filled. As it is in reality, food first fills your stomach, then it gets converted into energy.

The 20,000 you mention was the maximum energy in the past updates (this was lowered with 1.10, as you see in the changelog "Lowered the maximum energy buffer of the player"). But it does not mean that you can eat until this is filled, there is a separate value for stomach capacity. So to have a precise examples, two fried cow steaks eaten right after another should be able to fill your stomach, or one piece of lard, but you will have to eat way more to completely fill your energy reserves. Meaning, you will have to have a couple of breaks while eating. The stomach is currently processing food pretty quickly, but we might adjust that in the future.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 3

I can confirm that all Containers, Cooking Pots, Frying Pans, Hard Carry Cases all delete themselves & there contents when Re-logging (ON Xbox One). This was actually a bug in EXP so not sure how it made it to Stable as it was fixed pretty sharpish on EXP, also I have played 1.10 for over 20 hours since release & searched approx 15 cities for a truck battery but I have found Zero. out of the three MS3's I have found Zero of them spawned with a battery. I'm pretty certain the batteries aren't spawning tbh

10 hours ago, ZingZootZephyr said:

FYI the food meter has been changed to more accurately show your overall calorie level whereas before it only showed the first 15% or so. In other words once the meter is full you're completely full. Before you had to eat well past the full meter to actually be full.

OK. But my toon has eaten a lot of food and I still haven't seen the wee stomach icon. The "I'm stuffed" symbol. Has that been done away with?

That's the benchmark I use to let me know that I can play for a few hours without having to worry about eating.

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

It would be good to know if you cooked/ate them one after the other, or if you ate them straight in a row.

5 Venison Steaks (above 90%) and 1 small portion of fat (around 25%) first all cooked on an open camp fire.

Then about 15 minutes later, 4 beef steaks (all around 95%), 5 portions of baked fat (varying % levels) cooked in an oven in a house.

Plus 2 (50% level) dried chicken breasts.

I would imagine that this would have my character well stuffed by now and the little stomach icon showing. The Apple icon is full white.

I dunno, maybe I'm just another bite away from it appearing. But it seems to be an awful lot of food in a short space of time to be having to eat. I think I would have puked half of it up in 1.09.

This update is mostly awesome but please explain why my character wont get full? I used to log in and eat a piece of fat and run all day no problems ? what do I actually have to do to get full ? Nothing in patch notes about food being jacked up is it a bug ? 

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Thank you for letting us know. We added it to the known issues and a fix is in the works.

There are a couple of things to unpack here, it does not work as you describe it.

Primarily, there is a difference between the energy that the character has and the volume of the stomach that is filled. As it is in reality, food first fills your stomach, then it gets converted into energy.

The 20,000 you mention was the maximum energy in the past updates (this was lowered with 1.10, as you see in the changelog "Lowered the maximum energy buffer of the player"). But it does not mean that you can eat until this is filled, there is a separate value for stomach capacity. So to have a precise examples, two fried cow steaks eaten right after another should be able to fill your stomach, or one piece of lard, but you will have to eat way more to completely fill your energy reserves. Meaning, you will have to have a couple of breaks while eating. The stomach is currently processing food pretty quickly, but we might adjust that in the future.

Are saying I have to spend time at my base just getting full on food before I head out ? I mean I'm not going to carry an inventory full of food with me everywhere I go that's an insane wasted of space especially now that the assault vest and butt pack are absolutely useless. you need to increase stomach size or decrease needed energy level or make it. I mean I get making it more difficult at least let me eat more get full and run. I don't want to spend an HR at base nursing my food when I could be looting killing and playing the game. I love the cold and the realistic part of this game but y'all jacked up the food intake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, HootieHoo Gaming said:

Are saying I have to spend time at my base just getting full on food before I head out ? I mean I'm not going to carry an inventory full of food with me everywhere I go that's an insane wasted of space especially now that the assault vest and butt pack are absolutely useless. you need to increase stomach size or decrease needed energy level or make it. I mean I get making it more difficult at least let me eat more get full and run. I don't want to spend an HR at base nursing my food when I could be looting killing and playing the game. I love the cold and the realistic part of this game but y'all jacked up the food intake. 

If there was any question that DayZ was a survival game, there shouldn't be anymore.  There's probably already an "UnlimitedEnergy" mod.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3