lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.10

Server performance has tanked in this update.  Everyone knows it.  Fix that ASAP.   On a good note it is nice to see the game slowly regain some of the features you guys ripped out during the transition to 1.0.  Honestly I love this game and it’s not like anyone else is doing anything close to it that’s any better... BUT fuck literally why even have an experimental branch if you are still going to shit the bed on stable launch?  Sorry for being rude but it gets old and I haven’t had coffee yet. 

• Like 1

@ImpulZ As another poster said earlier in this thread, shovels are now taking heavy damage from digging and undigging hidden stashes, after only 9 dig OR undig actions a brand new shovel is taken to badly damaged, is this intentional? Until this update digging stashes had no impact at all on the condition of a shovel but now it destroys it very quickly and there is nothing in the patch notes about it, so I am assuming this is not an intentional change.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155280

Edited by Joe Scrub

So the laggy official servers are something everyone is experiencing, not just my friend and me? We're teleporting all over the place when walking around, it takes noticeable time when opening doors or moving items and zombies are also not exactly smooth. Driving a car is impossible (it's rubberbanding ridiculously).

Once the server restarted, it worked fine for some minutes, but then it started lagging again. This is kinda making the game unplayable.

I haven't tried other servers yet though apart from that one official server. Can someone confirm that they're experiencing the same issues?

Confirm me and my buddy are having those exact issues.  Server performance has simply shit the bed.  I'm really favoring that term today.

• Like 1

Also, the old issue with vehicles missing a wheel or more getting thrown around on server restart has become much worse with 1.10. I observed this on Experimental with the M3S truck so for the time being I have set it to spawn with all wheels attached. Now it seems I'll have to do it with all vehicles, we're finding cars lying around in fields far from their spawn points. Feedback ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497.

This has been happening since 1.03, about time to do something about it. Please.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FabianoMartins said:

pot-stove-gas.png

PT
Aconteceu com alguém o desaparecimento de panela, incluindo seu conteúdo, e botijão de gás quando anexados um ao outro e guardado na mochila ou roupas do personagem?
Desloguei e loguei, novamente para testar, e só ficou o fogareiro na mochila e no segundo teste na calça.

EN
Has the disappearance of a pan, including its contents, and gas cylinder happened to someone when attached to each other and stored in the character's backpack or clothes?
I logged out and logged in, again to test, and only the stove was left in the backpack and the second test in the pants.

1 hour ago, Fyrd Judge said:

Pots attached to gas cookers keep vanishing with everything in them,.

PT
Só sobra o fogareiro quando guardado. Botijão de gás e panela somem.
Testado três vezes. Guardado na mochila desaparecem.
Guardado no baú marítimo desaparecem. Guardado no OLGA desaparece.
Basta deslogar e logar para ver o resultado. Só fica o fogareiro.

EN
Only the stove is left over when stored. Gas canister and pan disappear.
Tested three times.
Stored in the backpack they disappear. Stored in the sea chest they disappear. Saved in OLGA disappears.
Just log out and log in to see the result. Only the stove remains.

400px-Dayzportablegasstove.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Besides pots attached to gas cookers full of cooked food vanishing on every return to game, now all dry bags are also lost full of canned food, even thoough they are next to flag.

Might as well just fish all day and eat, might just survive the day

Edited by Fyrd Judge
update

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Also, the old issue with vehicles missing a wheel or more getting thrown around on server restart has become much worse with 1.10. I observed this on Experimental with the M3S truck so for the time being I have set it to spawn with all wheels attached. Now it seems I'll have to do it with all vehicles, we're finding cars lying around in fields far from their spawn points. Feedback ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139497.

This has been happening since 1.03, about time to do something about it. Please.

And while you're at it, how about fixing vehicles with ALL 4 WHEELS attached as well.  3 wheeled vehicles flying around is one thing, but a 4 wheeled vehicle flying for no reason other than it feels like it, just tanks the game so hard for long time fans wishing to play the game with good programming decisions being made.

• Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

19 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

And while you're at it, how about fixing vehicles with ALL 4 WHEELS attached as well.  3 wheeled vehicles flying around is one thing, but a 4 wheeled vehicle flying for no reason other than it feels like it, just tanks the game so hard for long time fans wishing to play the game with good programming decisions being made.

Yeah something they did with 1.10 has buggered vehicles bigtime. I'm getting nasty rubberbanding, bouncing and direction changes when driving now on my server in a way it has never happened before. I see server FPS fluctuating violently which is probably related to that, even if average FPS is around 2k there's lots of lag, action delays, desync and vehicles being downright scary.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Yeah something they did with 1.10 has buggered vehicles bigtime. I'm getting nasty rubberbanding, bouncing and direction changes when driving now on my server in a way it has never happened before. I see server FPS fluctuating violently which is probably related to that, even if average FPS is around 2k there's lots of lag, action delays, desync and vehicles being downright scary. 

Have a fresh ticket on the theme of the FPS server at 1.10

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155184

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

Can we please get a hot fix u can not drive in the game at all now car dont stay on the roads start to fly and jump on the roads was driving down the road next thing flying thorow the air dead . And before you say lag im on the new xbox series x so its fast on 1.09 tryed driving was great 100kph no problem now u can not drive in the car a all sort it  things like this should of been tested and sort  .im feed up with emailing all the time and no one ever listen to the people that play the game hot fix the cars and the glitch where u get stuck in the cab and u have to severe hooe out of it . Wot ever u do dont log out in a truck or if the game kick you then u will have to severe hope out of there please please sort this game out please 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Fyrd Judge said:

Besides pots attached to gas cookers full of cooked food vanishing on every return to game, now all dry bags are also lost full of canned food, even thoough they are next to flag.

Put yq stuff in a crate or a sea chest. Its because they fu k it last time now they have fixed that shit

• Like 1

Oi devs ... did you forgot something? Secret farm at the North-East corner?

Day-Z-x64-2020-11-23-18-31-49.png

Edited by 'AZAZEL'

afb4a86cf357fcbe2a372be2b5e46172.gif

oi Gilbert what you doing ? Well no need to keep looking food anymore, just find a tree and do this all day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Fyrd Judge said:

PT
Sério?
pQp Bohemia!
kkkkkkkkkkkk

EN
Seriously?
wtf Bohemia!
LOL

• Like 1

At this point the devs should've each already grown 3 extra brains, a dozen eyes and a bunch of hands to give us more improvements faster. Unbelieveable. /s

Edited by Masgel
Improvement. ₛ

At this point the devs should've each already grown 3 extra brains, a dozen eyes and a bunch of hands to give us more improvements faster. Unbelieveable. /ₛ

Dude, you have missed the point.

We don't need 'improvements'.  We need things 'fixed', stable.

If you have your car towed to the shop because the engine is not working.  The mechanics there look at it, take weeks working on it, then call you to pick it up.

You get in the car to drive home and the engine still does not work.  They have not worked on the blown engine.  Instead, they have installed fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror and tinted your windows.

Happy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 days before NAMALSK drops.  I wonder if things will be fixed before the lead developer releases his passion project.  Or will he release it while the game is bugged to hell.  I'm very curious how this plays out as it will be VERY TELLING about how this game really is thought of by BI.  Very telling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This WE I managed to play some games with the new 1.10 (at the moment only in my private server and by myself) and I add some impressions.
Apart from the many defects already complained by others (gas cylinder and pot that disappear when returning to the game, leaving only the head of the CampingGas, M3S started to complete that disappear, much more frequent "elastic effects" with cars, food that is consumed much faster, etc.)
I had the distinct impression that the Zs are more aggressive, and are recalled more vividly. After + 10 days of life, I died from an aggression of 1 Z, which recalled another 2, then again 1. I did not expect such a lively aggression and I thought (as usual) to be able to manage only with my trust ax. When I had 3 + cuts and blood and cross flashing, it was too late and the 7 shots from the Deagle weren't enough and I passed out ... then died.
In the past days I have rarely faced more than 2-3 Z together and I have always had the best even with my trusty ax, I haven't remembered cuts for months.
Not this time.
I don't think it's just a coincidence, even the various single Zs seem more aggressive and quite more resistant to me. I also have a lot more difficulty killing them with one shot of ax than before. And believe me that on this last one I have a good practice.
Ok ... maybe I missed some update notes?
For the rest, some bugs:
*) Do I see that the tactical helmet is also humid? Can a fiber/plastic helmet absorb water and become humid ?
*) Do I see that my firefighter clothing (defined as waterproof) also gets wet? (thing ? ? ? )
And ... "duclis in fundo"
*) In my base, inside the military tents and inside the barrels (inside the tents. Yes, the slots of the military tents are not enough :-D) all boots are wet and all clothes are humid and other various things at random between humid and wet and it has NEVER caught rain before. It had been inside for a long time, already deposited dry the first time and never touched for a long time, something has already been there for a few months.

Clearly all a bug.

But is it possible that every time there is an update, they fix something, add something else and also break something third?
Do you have to play as if it were the last day of life because the next update will break something else?
I haven't played in a long time, I bought the game already with 1.07, but with each update something has ALWAYS got worse ...
WTF!

And I haven't tried on a public server yet, and seeing how it goes I also think to avoid it until they fix something ...

• Thanks 1

Here's some buzz that makes me happy and sad.  It appears the Expansion team is working on..... CLIENT SIDE VEHICLES!  They haven't given out any details yet, but I have been reading discussions on their Discord.  If modders fix vehicles, that is a huge indictment on the devs... I mean HUGE. 

46 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Here's some buzz that makes me happy and sad.  It appears the Expansion team is working on..... CLIENT SIDE VEHICLES!  They haven't given out any details yet, but I have been reading discussions on their Discord.  If modders fix vehicles, that is a huge indictment on the devs... I mean HUGE. 

except that's not a fix.... you can't fix vehicles by making them running client side... it's KINDA like saying some kids pushed a small wooden boat in water and everybody be like woah it works better in water who would have thought that an Engineer couldn't make a boat go faster on land? ( idk if you will get this this makes sense in my head xD )

basically this is not a fix... a fix would be more like reworking of the game engine to work better at using more cores and just better management of stuff and how to deal with bad connection coming from either players or the server itself and not this... devs know that client side vehicles will fix them from flying but it's not the point... they made it server sided for a reason and need to work on it to work properly server sided which they do for me in a lot of cases and i actually had the flying glitch happend and it made my DayZ experience better since i was flying with a Volga on a highway once in Livonia and i kinda did a jump and the front of the car flew up slightly and i flipped i think and crashed into a tree and i was knocked out and i woke up and it was raining and thunder... then there were the wolves... and then injured i ran away for a few minutes trough the woods and eventually i was about to let it go and die ( disconnect for some time lol ) but then i saw a cabin in the woods so i was saved... made a fire and survived and this was in 1.06 Livonia experimental i think it was cool if Car didn;t glitch this moment wouldn't have happened xD 

so if modders fix the server sided vehicles then that would be an actual fix... this solution is only a band aid that might bring issues with hackers later...regardless Client Side vehicles also kinda suck like look at ArmA... their flying vehicles happen when you are behind an another moving vehicle in a convoy... the front car desync's and hits the car behind it and it goes BOOM and/or flies up but the front car is sometimes usually fine like it didn't happen... When i was driving a car and my mate was driving another one... i made a huge revelation that you could actually reliably ram other people without a fear of desync and going up in the air ( if the server is behaving normally ) in ArmA you can't do that or else... space or death or both in DayZ it just works xD 

i would like for Sumrak for next year to focus on these very critical DayZ issues the whole game server sided needs to be overhauled and cars need to be fixed like the Server side of DayZ being fixed will literally solve like atleast 70% of DayZ issues and some of big issues too like flying cars

• Like 1

I agree, it's not a fix.  But that was not really my point.  My point is that modders have done more to maintain the game than BI.  It was the same way with Arma 2 and Arma 3 to an extent.  But when you have a feature (vehicles) that has been broken for 4 years and running, you would think somebody's ass would be in a crack about it.  But it seems with BI, it's no F's given about it.

7 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I agree, it's not a fix.  But that was not really my point.  My point is that modders have done more to maintain the game than BI.  It was the same way with Arma 2 and Arma 3 to an extent.  But when you have a feature (vehicles) that has been broken for 4 years and running, you would think somebody's ass would be in a crack about it.  But it seems with BI, it's no F's given about it.

sure they maintain and make the game better... and sure the vehicles have been broken for years since they got in the game even... but they do work if you know what you're doing like not playing massively overmodded servers and even worse playing them with an owner who doesn't know shit about how DayZ works and maintaining the server... i played on some good servers and some even have owners who make mods and maintain the server and their servers run mighty fine especially with cars... i even drive cars on like 60+ player population just fine absolutelly ZERO issues whatsoever 
DayZ vehicles work fine under certain somewhat easily achieved condition and that's good quality community hosted server with a smart and overall good owner behind it

Also my fix for this would be something like this i don't know if it's possible but have the cars run server sided and have a detection system thing that detects something wrong so when it detects server perfomance and/or connection being bad switch the cars from server sided to clientside temporarily until things stabilize then switch back or something like that 
EDIT: and even then that's kinda just a band aid with somewhat badly done stitches 

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
  • Haha 1

Well you went off the rails.  Vehicles are broken dude.  Chopping trees work, other than lag, firing a weapon works, running works, walking works, climbing works, skinning animals works, fishing works, melee combat works, using scopes works (mostly good), vaulting works... all of these things and more work reliably anytime you need to use them.  Vehicles are not EVEN CLOSE.  You cannot reliably drive, park, leave a vehicle stored in a barn or car tent.  Hell sometimes, you can't even get in a vehicle without dieing.  Vehicles are broke as F.  Server performance affects them but there are too many private server owners with AAA hardware on freshly wiped servers where vehicles will make you fly and die.  I know this because I have been running DayZ servers since before server admins had any control over parameters. Once you get a few people on a server building bases and what not, vehicle craziness only gets worse and worse.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2