ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

Armbands removed? What is the reason for that?

Other than that, very good update.

Edited by kevo1414

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

6 years later and no working vehicles. And this is probably the last major update of 2020. Y'all are dead set on killing this game. Arma 4 will be out before this game is even close to finished. And the population will move there for A4 Dayz mod. At least the vehicles will work. Right? Right?!?

Over the course of 6 years a lot has happened... plans changed... accidents happened... people got fired people grew up... people finished school... has kids... got married... 

The game went from a Standalone ArmA 2.5 DayZ mod to a truly Standalone game on a new engine which they decided to work on in like 2015... and when it did release they switched programming language and had to start from scratch which is why the game was barebones at 1.0 release compared to 0.62 ... 

Cars do not need fixing tbh... the server side stuff needs.. and netcode... the cars are run server sided so if server shits itself the Lada turns into a Tesla xd

If it's so easy to "fix cars" why you don't go and fix them yourself and be hired by Bohemia Interactive xD

Awesome update !!  @ImpulZ  Thank you !!!

QUESTION REGARDING:

"Adjusted the default comfort temperature of the player character (now 28 degrees Celsius)"

Why is the player comfortable at an equivalent temperature of 82F ?  Will this make it more challenging in-game to get warm, as far as clothing choices or lighting a fire when compared to v1.09? Personally, I think this value is WAY too high.  Most people will prefer a room temperature of about 70 - 75F (IRL)...  which is equivalent to 21 - 24C.   28C is uncomfortably warm (for me).  Again, I don't know how this balances with clothing insulation values and formulae used in-game; it just seems really hot rather than comfortable.  

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, kevo1414 said:

Other than that, very good update.

I don't think they got removed. They just don't count towards overall character temperature comfort anymore

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Spoiler

tQZIGI2.jpeg

Good to see the old features slowly creeping back in alongside new ones!
Just out of curiosity, wondering if the new archipelago near Storozh will be marked on the official tourist map/hiking trails in the stable release?

Edited by NorthNorthEast
  • Like 2

Nice update there thank you.

Broken legs…  just tested it took 55 minutes for my leg to heal. Could be a little excessive. 

If you try to walk without it splint you pass out after about 5 steps the only way to move was crawling…  ouch! guess I'll be carrying a splint around.

• Like 1

I've been kicked from UK server 0-3 (UK resident FYI) roughly 8-10 times today. Most times it'll tell me why, sometimes not.

One of the times it told me I had 600ms ping to the server, but most of the time it was >300. That doesn't seem right for a UK resident. I know it's an unstable build of the game, but the servers shouldn't be lagging that hard at medium pop surely?

I've also noticed that guts CANNOT be attached to a sharpened stick for roasting, I haven't tested if they can be equipped to a cooking slot on a fireplace, but if you can roast fat on a stick the guts seem like they should also be cookable in the same way.

I like the changes, but to get a clarification:

"The backpack is now taken into account for heat comfort"

I could see that the backpack would make you stay warmer, by adding an insulating layer. However, does the backpack wetness matter for character comfort directly?

10 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

6 years later and no working vehicles. And this is probably the last major update of 2020. Y'all are dead set on killing this game. Arma 4 will be out before this game is even close to finished. And the population will move there for A4 Dayz mod. At least the vehicles will work. Right? Right?!?

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I don't understand the decisions going on by development.   Vehicles are pretty much useless on a populated server.  They break at the drop of a hat, they warble and fly when near a decent size base... it's literally like ignoring the problem will make it go away.  #1 priority should be to fix the vehicles.  Broken legs?  That's great and all I guess you can punish us more while sending us on our daily moon shots.

I know vehicles are far from perfect, but they get much worse on underpowered servers with too many mods and/or too many players. That basically describes most rental GSP.  I want to say Sumrak was asked about this on a stream or podcast and he either didn't have an answer or said that it was too complex to rewrite 😞  

5 hours ago, amadieus said:

I don't think they got removed. They just don't count towards overall character temperature comfort anymore

correct. I just tested it. You can still craft armbands.

Why not fix aiming lag 

There was no such problem before. 

You added delayed aiming in order to fix ghost bullets

This problem is not for everyone. Only people with high ping will have this 

Very unfair and unreasonable

You are online discrimination

The problem of the game itself makes the player suffer

just fix aiming lag ok?What are you thinking about using bugs to fix bugs

I had a good time with version 1.06. Although there are ghost bullets,it’s better than seeing the enemy raising the gun  aiming,It will freeze and cannot shoot immediately,right?

47 minutes ago, zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71 said:

Why not fix aiming lag 

There was no such problem before. 

You added delayed aiming in order to fix ghost bullets

This problem is not for everyone. Only people with high ping will have this 

Very unfair and unreasonable

You are online discrimination

The problem of the game itself makes the player suffer

just fix aiming lag ok?What are you thinking about using bugs to fix bugs

I had a good time with version 1.06. Although there are ghost bullets,it’s better than seeing the enemy raising the gun  aiming,It will freeze and cannot shoot immediately,right?

Total garbage. You repeatedly complain about “aiming lag and ghost bullets” and have been refuted multiple times, by numerous people and never offer any counter arguments or quality evidence to support your claim. 

“online discrimination”. This is a joke, right??

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I know vehicles are far from perfect, but they get much worse on underpowered servers with too many mods and/or too many players. That basically describes most rental GSP.  I want to say Sumrak was asked about this on a stream or podcast and he either didn't have an answer or said that it was too complex to rewrite 😞  

That is not completely correct.  i9 processor with 32 GB of memory and one instance of DayZ.  No other software running Windows 10 only.   6 players on server from Day 1, flying or warbling cars.  Too complex to rewrite is NOT AN EXCUSE.  They chose to move cars server side because of hackers, worst decision ever..... FIX IT!

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any chance of upping the latency limit on UK EXP Liviona to 400 or so?

Or getting an Exp Livonia server in the southern hemisphere?

From Sydney, AU my ping is between 295-340m/s, be nice not to get kicked constantly it's painful when limit is 300m/s, that aside the patch looks so sick 10/10 ❤️

Edited by justanotherhuman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Getsome said:

Broken legs…  just tested it took 55 minutes for my leg to heal. Could be a little excessive. 

If you try to walk without it splint you pass out after about 5 steps the only way to move was crawling…  ouch! guess I'll be carrying a splint around.

Did you try codeine/morphine? 

At older builds of standalone or mod, even five steps weren't possible, crawling was the only option. And yes, having morphine/codeine OR a splint was always a good idea (or necessity).

7 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

during a smoke stream I watched recently, someone with control over the official DayZ twitch account joined chat and did a small Q&A for like half an hour, and he/she mentioned that 1.10 will contain love for the performance of vehicles as well. Maybe they changed stuff but are not listing it in the change log. This happened in the past, especially on exp status.

btw: I play on DayOne servers, and driving a car is smooth as fuck. Even flying a helicopter is possible and working great. People having problems with their car experience should think about changing the server they play on...

Edited by moeb1us
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, amadieus said:

Very curious to know what is happening with the berries. Changes to how they will be found-looted? As they were pretty difficult to find. I am even confident that most people didn't even knew of their existence. By the way, also looking forward to see certain berry types to be bad for the player, same as for the shrooms.

As you say, the berries had issues with their appearance in the game, if you could find them at all. We have removed them for now to take a step back and see how we can use them better.

15 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

As Amadieus already clarified, they were not removed, they are just not taken into account for the character's heat insulation.

15 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Why is the player comfortable at an equivalent temperature of 82F ?

See it as a starting value. As you see in our changelog, this is a massive combination of temperatures in the game, the weather, the clothing etc, and we will be monitoring, how these balancing factors play out, and adjust over time, where necessary.

10 hours ago, knooters said:

I like the changes, but to get a clarification:

"The backpack is now taken into account for heat comfort"

I could see that the backpack would make you stay warmer, by adding an insulating layer. However, does the backpack wetness matter for character comfort directly?

It does, but as it is only on the back, its impact is not very large.

The topic of vehicle stability is still on our radar, we have not forgotten about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

As you say, the berries had issues with their appearance in the game, if you could find them at all. We have removed them for now to take a step back and see how we can use them better.

@ImpulZ   I have never had any issue finding berries . ..

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Hello, pay attention to patch 1.08
was written:
1.that you fixed the aiming issue for  non-player entities , but the command is actually unstable because you forgot to add a check that the value does not go outside the -PI or PI when crossing a PI boundary, GetInputController().GetHeadingAngle() starts returning invalid values and the character starts spinning.

2.non-player entities creatures still cannot shoot, there is only the effect of the shot, but no bullet appears, which should have dealt damage on hit.

how were these commands tested before adding?
here is my bug report.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T151736
I ask you to solve the problem, this problem is already a year old, and you falsely wrote that you fixed
news from patch 1.08

Added: Ability to set aimChange for non-player entities
Fixed: Spawning projectiles fired by non-player entities https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149517

I also ask you to solve the problem
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T150149

I hope that you will take care of these problems, you promised a major update in patch 1.10, but in fact you didn't fix anything for modding and broke it, at least check the function before adding or fixing it.

no bow:(
is it still faster to skin cow and make primitive fire than drink one pepsi?
skinning big animals should be changed to system where "more you skin,more meet you get"...
if i shoot deer,take knife and start to skin...after 30 seconds comes hide,another 30 seconds comes fat...30 seconds 1 piece of meat...total meat could be like 10...and lasts comes bones.
so about 5 minutes total...but also,if two player skin the animal....prosess should be faster.
its not very immersive now that you skin huge cow in 10 seconds and animals just explode to pieces.

also,add fear to wolfs what go active if there is group of players...examble 5 players together shoud change wolf behaviour...better to go in group than KOS everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

@ImpulZ  Any comments on this matter

+ Will changes in vehicle interaction be revised? Changes in 1.09 for the anti-raid of basic buildings using cars should apply only to the basic building, building and tent, but not limit the character's interaction with cars in the vicinity of other objects. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149782

Edited by lex__1

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

@ImpulZ   I have never had any issue finding berries . ..

Me neither, but I would not be surprised if a lot of people did have trouble with it. The bushes look very regular and the berries are so small you barely see them when you aren´t actively looking for them. So I think it is great that they try to make their appearance better and/or looting better.