ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

21 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I totally agree with you. I have found an abundance of m4 stocks even in random industrial areas around the map, why on earth this happens is beyond me because since I've been playing day z I have never found an m4. I know players and clans horde all the high end weapons ( which I think is pretty unfair) so it would be nice to see more silencers for aks around the map for us that are stuck playing with ka74s.

It's one of the worst things about the game at the moment. The fact that certain items can be rendered off limits to 99% of players, because 1% have them stored away in boxes. That's just a shitty way to design any game. The idea that something simply won't spawn AT ALL because there's 5 (or whatever) already on the map just means that the majority of the people playing the game will never experience that item. The 1% will just server hop until they have all they need/want and stash it away, killing the server's ability to spawn more.

I get that making some things rare is essential to the...um..."joy" of discovering it. But rare shouldn't mean impossible. Which is what the current mechanic does.

The ONLY reason I possess an AKM now, is because I was in early on 1.09 and got one from one of those green lookout towers at the NWAF. I haven't found another AK weapon since...in 100's of play. The baby AK doesn't count.

That's just not right.

There shouldn't be any item closed off to spawning on any map.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kevo1414 said:

How do you know how warm it is outside? How many degrees are there? Now with insulation system I'm wondering if you need to be less dressed if it is sunny and hot outside? into reality, on a sunny and hot day we wouldn’t just run around in sweaters and jackets but in T-shirts. Am I the only one who want to know what time and weather temperature is in the game? I wish we had watches and a thermometer in the game for things like that that would give that information.

Your body temp will tell you how hot you are. If you're too hot, you'll soon know. Then it's time to start stripping.

Boomchickawahwah

Yea yea I know that but it looks like it’s never so hot outside that you should only be wearing T-shirts.

1 hour ago, kevo1414 said:

Yea yea I know that but it looks like it’s never so hot outside that you should only be wearing T-shirts.

There should be seasons, but for now it's just autumn. 

Weren't there different seasons on official servers years ago? I distinctly remember that there were servers that were very hot weather and others that were freezing.

I don't agree that the lifetimes of items should stay cut down to 8 hours.

I mostly play on full official servers,  the majority of my spawns provided me with enough resources to get started off and reach either an animal i could cook or a pond i could fish in,

setting me up with enough food for a few hours. (I am an experienced player)

I would not find rare millitary equipment at millitary bases (nvg, automatic rifles) but i would regularly get some through breaking into a base or killing other players.

I enjoyed finding loot left by other players in unusual places and the increased incentive in trading with players.

Often when i was in need of an item i could find a stranger to team up with for a while, since we had to put our inventories together (to craft a fishing rod or get a car going),

or i would kill them to get the loot i needed.

Edited by Homeschooliazon
  • Sad 1

Vitamin pills can be combined, but not split

I suggest make the same with matches

and make matches spawn with 3-5 matches in the box (not is 30-50 matches in one box)

• Like 2

I like when gardens have long lifespans (weeks irl) with limited raw vegetable kcal.  Keep that going.  Having knives all over the place is good.  Make sure they are plentiful if you want them so brittle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

Having knives all over the place is good.  Make sure they are plentiful if you want them so brittle.

But there aren't any knives around because of the lifetime settings, so when one breaks after five pumpkins it's quite a bummer … and stupid 😄|
Reduced lifespan update helped, there are more around now, but still they get damaged after doing bugger all with them. So now it's better to use at least a hatchet or machete to do all that work … which is quite funny when you imagine opening a can of sardines with that IRL.

Why do we go through this again and again is beyond me, durability of knives was just fine before. 

is there a way we could have a poll, to assess the feeling of the game mechanics?

it might stop all this yo-yoing from certain extremes. i am an xbox player,  but i`ve been watching this game throughout its existence. i`m a big fan.

i understand that there were tons of problems. that i dont understand. i believe the player satisfaction is fair. i`ve played modded and official.

off topic

one thing i would like to see, is petrol used to burn down walls / gate. it could be easy, but take longer and produce huge smoke plume. it could actioned be "splash petrol" and "ignite". it should take ages and produce a huge smoke column. to balance it out it should take 1 jerry can of fuel and maybe 10 minutes?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Why do we go through this again and again is beyond me, durability of knives was just fine before. 

Exactly this. I can't fathom why they had to change it.

Imo, Keep the lifetime of tools and food loot, especially in Tier 1 zones.
But weapons and ammo should be scarce. If you ge inland there is lots of Loot, but sometimes you cannot get of the coast if the RNG is bad. 

Sometimes, 10 zombies gives you a tool, a soda and a can of food, sometimes 50 zombies barely give you a can of sardines. I know "that's how chance works", but it sucks in practice.

Up the chance for Food cargo, but add rotten fruits and stuff to the pool.

Edited by dallebull

UPDATE 1.10.153524 (released on 29.10.2020)

ADDED

• Added the M3S Truck (Covered variant) and associated vehicle parts
  • Added abandoned M3S Truck wrecks to the maps, with parts spawning
  • Added a respawn dialog, offering an option to spawn with a random or the main menu character (shows only when server has a setRespawnMode parameter set to 0)

CHANGED

• Tweaked the main menu character customization menu to better explain what a customized character means

SERVER

• Added: setRespawnMode parameter to the server config (1 enforces randomization, 0 allows choice)

MODDING

Known Issues

• You cannot respawn while unconscious (respawn button does not do anything) while server has a setRespawnMode set to 0 (players are offered respawn option).
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

18 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

If anything needs to be addressed, it's the availability of higher tiered weapons and attachments. I have, literally, spent half a year looking for a silencer for an AK weapon and have no found one. THAT'S a broken mechanic if ever there was one.

I've had this argument/discussion many times.

DayZ is a slow survival game, not a PVP/BR game. Some items are rare on purpose. You aren't entitled to anything. Grinding out a barracks is like a participation trophy - you got it for putting in time.  Killing another player, raiding a base or working together/sharing are just as valid to get what you want (which is different from what you need). So you keep moving, you keep looking, you keep doing those things that put you in jeopardy and maybe you get that elusive weapon or maybe you die trying. Now you're back on the coast and have to start all over again.  They all go pew, pew, pew anyway, lol.

Part of the problem is there is no other risk/reward system except survival and accumulate loot. So these few rare weapons have been elevated to end-game status that players just. have. to. have. Meh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

UPDATE 1.10.153518 (released on 29.10.2020)

ADDED

• Added the M3S Truck (Covered variant) and associated vehicle parts
  • Added abandoned M3S Truck wrecks to the maps, with parts spawning
  • Added a respawn dialog, offering an option to spawn with a random or the main menu character (shows only when server has a setRespawnMode parameter set to 0)

CHANGED

• Tweaked the main menu character customization menu to better explain what a customized character means

SERVER

• Added: setRespawnMode parameter to the server config (1 enforces randomization, 0 allows choice)

MODDING

Known Issues

• You cannot respawn while unconscious (respawn button does not do anything) while server has a setRespawnMode set to 0 (players are offered respawn option).

@ImpulZ hmm, the version number didn't change.....

13 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

@ImpulZ hmm, the version number didn't change.....

yeah it did, must be a typo here. ..  .

vNy1eoA.png

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, William Sternritter said:

Is there a way to manually trigger the update? I'm not getting it 😕 

its not dropped to steam yet

• Sad 1

Food decays over time 

Added a smoking slot to several types of fireplaces, used to dry meat

Can someone explain to me how new mechanics work? So, did every raw food now decays, or boiled and backed decays too?

dried meat will not decay?

Just now, aux7 said:

its not dropped to steam yet

Aha 🙂 because I wanted to play, not having read the post, and it gave me bad version error. So I came to check and sure enough there is an update 🙂

Yea and its taking forever to push to steam for this 10 cent fix..

Edited by LoveAffair

Can we get some improvements to overall vehicle physics? There's so many inaccessible dirt roads due to the slightest inclines both on Chernarus and Livonia. They need some power and torque adjustments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

7 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

But there aren't any knives around because of the lifetime settings, so when one breaks after five pumpkins it's quite a bummer … and stupid 😄|
Reduced lifespan update helped, there are more around now, but still they get damaged after doing bugger all with them. So now it's better to use at least a hatchet or machete to do all that work … which is quite funny when you imagine opening a can of sardines with that IRL.

I believe it's fine. The knife durability. That's because they increased the number of tools that can gut animals and fish. Because more tools can gut animals knives aren't  the most sought after item any longer. Yes, they're still the best first hand tool, but not absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I've had this argument/discussion many times.

DayZ is a slow survival game, not a PVP/BR game. Some items are rare on purpose. You aren't entitled to anything. Grinding out a barracks is like a participation trophy - you got it for putting in time.  Killing another player, raiding a base or working together/sharing are just as valid to get what you want (which is different from what you need). So you keep moving, you keep looking, you keep doing those things that put you in jeopardy and maybe you get that elusive weapon or maybe you die trying. Now you're back on the coast and have to start all over again.  They all go pew, pew, pew anyway, lol.

Part of the problem is there is no other risk/reward system except survival and accumulate loot. So these few rare weapons have been elevated to end-game status that players just. have. to. have. Meh.

I know exactly what DayZ is.

But no item should be completely off limits to 99% of players because of some crappy game mechanic.

Sure, keep the numbers reduced, and as such rare. But as it stands, the current mechanic just makes them not spawn at all. That's broken in my book.

• Thanks 2