ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

i was really satisfied with the changes in 1.09 and 1.10, but with todays "fix", a lot of survival aspects were dumbed down. thanks to the popular dayz (pvp) streamers i guess. amazing how fast u listened to them...

"lifetime values lowered from 48 (24) to 8 (4) hours." wow - from one extreme to another.

"The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes" - wasnt it 50 minutes, no matter of immunity level? so i can ignore my broken leg just for 30 minutes, no matter how low my health and blood is?

"Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)". adding painkillers/morphine to help with broken legs is nice, dunno why u lowered the regen time then anyway. "not enough time to craft/apply a splint" lol really?

Edited by etwas
  • Beans 6

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

UPDATE 1.10.153518 (released on 27.10.2020)

• Walking does not trigger shock damage when having a broken leg and not having a splint
  • Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)

Doesn't the first statement completely negate the second? If walking without a splint no longer causes shock damage, what is the point of reducing the shock damage (that is no longer being caused...) with medications?

Feels like it is either the one or the other, can't be both. Or am I just reading it wrong?

I really hope the change in the first bullet point has NOT been implemented as it was written or you've just gimped the feature to the point that it is more or less irrelevant.

Broken leg should mean a player is effectively immobilised until he can take necessary measures, if the above bullet point is correctly written you can just walk off (with a limp I guess) and let it go away in thirty minutes, so what is the point of the splint? Seems it doesn't actually do anything now. 

Edit: Yeah they refer to slow walking (by holding ctrl, don't even know if double-tapping ctrl to toggle walking works anymore). The regular jog - while slowed to a walk when trying with a fractured leg - still causes shock damage. The slow walk is so slow when limping that you might as well crawl...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3
  • Beans 2

8 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Doesn't the first statement completely negate the second?

Walking / Running = Two different things

1 hour ago, etwas said:

i was really satisfied with the changes in 1.09 and 1.10, but with todays "fix", a lot of survival aspects were dumbed down. thanks to the popular dayz (pvp) streamers i guess. amazing how fast u listened to them...

"lifetime values lowered from 48 (24) to 8 (4) hours." wow - from one extreme to another.

"The regeneration speed of broken legs is now fixed to 30 minutes" - wasnt it 50 minutes, no matter of immunity level? so i can ignore my broken leg just for 30 minutes, no matter how low my health and blood is?

"Painkillers and morphine reduce shock, dealt by broken legs, more (making them lot more useful in cases, where a player does not have enough time to craft/apply a splint)". adding painkillers/morphine to help with broken legs is nice, dunno why u lowered the regen time then anyway. "not enough time to craft/apply a splint" lol really?

Not happy to see this stuff either. I was really enjoying the longer lifetimes on items as it made the world feel lived in while making the hunt for loot an actual survival struggle. Gotta make Summit happy, I guess.

Edited by ZingZootZephyr
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, The7th said:

Walking / Running = Two different things

You couldn’t run at all before, you either walked with shock damage or crawled, running was not an option.

Edit: Yeah they refer to slow walking (by holding ctrl, don't even know if double-tapping ctrl to toggle walking works anymore). The regular jog - while slowed to a walk when trying with a fractured leg - still causes shock damage.

Need to raid an infirmary for further testing to see how codeine and morphine applies to running and sprinting with a splinted fracture. Imho sprinting with a fracture shouldn't be possible even if you're on morphine...

Edited by Derleth

8 minutes ago, ZingZootZephyr said:

Not happy to see this stuff either. I was really enjoying the longer lifetimes on items as it made the world feel lived in while making the hunt for loot an actual survival struggle. 

You guys make 24 hours sound like it's going to rain new loot every 5 minutes. There is no survival element in finding empty towns.

• Like 2

... so we went from broken legs to sprained legs?

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frimon Tyrin said:

When is the update scheduled to be released on simple servers?

3 hours ago, Jadzim27 said:

Will it go on stable tomorrow? I think it possible could go right? 😮

1.10 will be released as a stable release...when it's Ready™®©. Calm yourselves, kiddies.

Yeah it seems cold is now a non issue also, why you Devs always catering to the casual pvp fan base.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

"lifetime values lowered from 48 (24) to 8 (4) hours"

Good lord this change is awful. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

[GER]

Liebes Entwicklerteam,

Wisst ihr eigentlich noch was ihr tut?
Ihr vergrault euch eure eigenen Spieler! Der loot ist mitlerweile sowas von schlecht. Entweder man ist irgendwo erster, oder man findet nichtsmehr! 

Auch die Serverperormance wird von Update zu Update schlechter. Warum wurde hier noch nicht auf multi-core umgestellt?

Ihr ändert vieles - jedoch NICHT das was ihr ändern solltet.

Evtl solltet ihr euer Loot-Economy system mal überarbeiten. Jeder unmodded Vanilla Server schafft es alle Spieler fairer zu versorgen, als es eure Offiiellen vanilla Server tun!
Mitlerweile ist der Survival Aspekt verloren gegangen. Mitlerweile zählt es nurmehr, wer als erster wo war! 

ENG:

Dear development team, Do you still know what you are doing? You piss off your own players!

The loot is now so bad. Either you're first somewhere, or you can't find anything! The server performance also deteriorates from update to update. Why has it not yet been switched to multi-core? You change a lot - but NOT what you should change.

Maybe you should revise your loot economy system. Every unmodded vanilla server manages to cater to all players more fairly than your official vanilla servers do! Meanwhile the survival aspect has been lost. Now it only counts who was where first!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GcA_007Promi said:

[GER]

Liebes Entwicklerteam,

Wisst ihr eigentlich noch was ihr tut?
Ihr vergrault euch eure eigenen Spieler! Der loot ist mitlerweile sowas von schlecht. Entweder man ist irgendwo erster, oder man findet nichtsmehr! 

Auch die Serverperormance wird von Update zu Update schlechter. Warum wurde hier noch nicht auf multi-core umgestellt?

Ihr ändert vieles - jedoch NICHT das was ihr ändern solltet.

Evtl solltet ihr euer Loot-Economy system mal überarbeiten. Jeder unmodded Vanilla Server schafft es alle Spieler fairer zu versorgen, als es eure Offiiellen vanilla Server tun!
Mitlerweile ist der Survival Aspekt verloren gegangen. Mitlerweile zählt es nurmehr, wer als erster wo war! 

ENG:

Dear development team, Do you still know what you are doing? You piss off your own players!

The loot is now so bad. Either you're first somewhere, or you can't find anything! The server performance also deteriorates from update to update. Why has it not yet been switched to multi-core? You change a lot - but NOT what you should change.

Maybe you should revise your loot economy system. Every unmodded vanilla server manages to cater to all players more fairly than your official vanilla servers do! Meanwhile the survival aspect has been lost. Now it only counts who was where first!

They revised it around 6 hours ago and you’re already moaning? That’s quick 😉 Takes a few days to see any effects wether positive or negative(Official anyhow)

Those of you complaining about the reduced lifetime values must not play on full servers.  Having loot dropped by players stick around for 24 or 48 hours (depending on the item) was skewing the loot economy.  At those previous values, essential items along the coast for new spawns, like knives or melee weapons, simply weren't spawning in regularity as they should have because they were still being counted as "available to loot" even though they were dropped inland somewhere by a player.

What's worse is, if a badly damaged knife, for example, was dropped somewhere inland and then 40 hours later let's say, another player came along, picked up that knife to look at it, realized it was badly damaged and then dropped it again, what happens?  The timer for that knife gets reset, so it would remain for another 48 hours from then.  Now, think about the fact that a full server will have 60+ players doing the same thing.  Once the first few waves of players have played on the server, subsequent new spawns aren't going to be able to loot these things, because they're scattered across the map from players that came before them.

These new values will remove dropped loot faster, allowing them to respawn in regular spawn points as they should.  Having a dropped knife sit on the ground for 8 hours is plenty long enough -- if it hasn't been picked up by then, it needs to vanish so it can respawn back on the coast or wherever it normally does.

Give it a few days and you will see -- this was a needed change to balance the loot economy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Or am I just reading it wrong?

The default is jog in DayZ not walk, you have to press Left Ctrl or double tap to toggle walk. It just means you can limp very slowly to a bush to get a stick for a splint, it's not even as fast as the red health jog.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

Those of you complaining about the reduced lifetime values must not play on full servers. 

I only play on full/highpop servers, never had an issue not finding what i needed as a freshie, never even died from starvation. I'm not completely against the new lifetime, I'm sad that I'll likely be leaving the coast with a shotgun and a mosin more often than not now. As for other loot the change was pretty inconsequential for me, led to occasional crazy moments where i almost died but didn't change the way i play.

Personally if they reduced wildlife spawns and made it so you had to occasionally rely on towns for food, i think that would be a more impactful challenge than the high loot lifetimes when it comes to food.

As for guns i think the higher timer was good for pacing out the guns you got on your journey from freshie to geared, finding military weapons can take days if not weeks meanwhile you can find a db and a mosin in an hour or less and usually before you leave the coast, making deaths less impactful as you only lost what you can easily find again. It also just got repetitous basically only using the same few guns, dying, then using the same few guns you just had within an hour that you still had on your week old character.

Edited by Robzom11

1 hour ago, BrotherPlum said:

The default is jog in DayZ not walk, you have to press Left Ctrl or double tap to toggle walk. It just means you can limp very slowly to a bush to get a stick for a splint, it's not even as fast as the red health jog.

Yeah what threw me off was the fact the "run" with a broken leg is so slow that it is in practice walking, so I didn't even consider the ctrl slow walk. After some more testing on expy now I'd say the system is pretty well balanced. Breaking a leg doesn't happen randomly or easily - you have to either fall off a building or get shot/axed in the leg for it to happen. And when it happens it is very debilitating. If you are alone (as in no enemies around you) and somewhat prepared you can survive it, but there will be no running and gunning after a leg fracture, until it is healed. As long as the fracture is healing sprinting is off the table.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, thepoey said:

"lifetime values lowered from 48 (24) to 8 (4) hours"

Good lord this change is awful. 

It's not that bad really. Before 1.09 lifetimes were between 30 minutes and two hours on pretty much anything that was not persistent, so with this change stuff still lasts a lot longer than it used to prior to the 1.09 changes, which were a bit extreme to be fair. That said I think the 1.09 lifetimes only became an issue on high population and predominantly shooty servers like TRMZ, where players would regularly pick up anything they found and throw it in a bush just so somebody else would not find it. With that happening a lot and constant pewpew leading to a steady stream of newspawns across the entire coast, it is not strange at all that people struggled on the coast. I don't think 4/8 hours will make a noticeable difference on any regular server, while making loot turnover fast enough to make full and busy servers more enjoyable.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Derleth said:

It's not that bad really. Before 1.09 lifetimes were between 30 minutes and two hours on pretty much anything that was not persistent, so with this change stuff still lasts a lot longer than it used to prior to the 1.09 changes, which were a bit extreme to be fair. That said I think the 1.09 lifetimes only became an issue on high population and predominantly shooty servers like TRMZ, where players would regularly pick up anything they found and throw it in a bush just so somebody else would not find it. With that happening a lot and constant pewpew leading to a steady stream of newspawns across the entire coast, it is not strange at all that people struggled on the coast. I don't think 2/8 hours will make a noticeable difference on any regular server, while making loot turnover fast enough to make full and busy servers more enjoyable.

Let's hope! I definitely really enjoyed the longer loot times; the world felt more lived in. But maybe this will be better for overall gameplay balance. 

@Robzom11

I was speaking mostly of initial survival items and not guns, but I get your point.

We'll have to see how the CLE is behaving in a day or two once there's been a few cycles of loot distribution under the new timers.  I'm sure there will be more tweaks to come on it, but I personally think it will help overall in where and how the loot is spawning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

Those of you complaining about the reduced lifetime values must not play on full servers.  Having loot dropped by players stick around for 24 or 48 hours (depending on the item) was skewing the loot economy.  At those previous values, essential items along the coast for new spawns, like knives or melee weapons, simply weren't spawning in regularity as they should have because they were still being counted as "available to loot" even though they were dropped inland somewhere by a player.

What's worse is, if a badly damaged knife, for example, was dropped somewhere inland and then 40 hours later let's say, another player came along, picked up that knife to look at it, realized it was badly damaged and then dropped it again, what happens?  The timer for that knife gets reset, so it would remain for another 48 hours from then.  Now, think about the fact that a full server will have 60+ players doing the same thing.  Once the first few waves of players have played on the server, subsequent new spawns aren't going to be able to loot these things, because they're scattered across the map from players that came before them.

These new values will remove dropped loot faster, allowing them to respawn in regular spawn points as they should.  Having a dropped knife sit on the ground for 8 hours is plenty long enough -- if it hasn't been picked up by then, it needs to vanish so it can respawn back on the coast or wherever it normally does.

Give it a few days and you will see -- this was a needed change to balance the loot economy.

Something needed to be done. At the moment the CLE is completely buggered.

• Like 1

I haven't tried the recent patch, but as a general comment: if you have decent clothing (not necessarily gloves and face masks as well), freezing shouldn't really happen unless you are soaked or drenched. Too unrealistic features are more annoying than useful. I mean, it's fall in Europe. Go outside with your pea coat or whatever and a pair of decent jeans and see if you will start shaking from cold if you are WALKING. Especially if you're carrying 10kg worth of stuff in some backpack. My guess is a hard "no".

I find it... funny that the game things I should freeze in a situation where I'd actually be sweating.

• Thanks 2

Hello from Russia! 

Thanks for the patch!

Many people want more transport, otherwise the game turns into a running simulator. 

I have a few questions. Is it planned to add?

Boats, tractors, motorcycles

This is the countryside, you need to fill the game with an appropriate atmosphere! 

It would be cool to see bicycles, tractors, horses (yes), buses and more in the game

• Thanks 1

@ImpulZ Several players have described to me that zombies phasing into players in melee has become a lot worse with 1.10. I haven't noticed this myself, but this might be due to my choice of weapons - they say it mostly happens when fighting zombies with knives. Is it possible that the body collision tweaks made to avoid bodies clipping into walls have somehow affected collisions in melee combat? Zombies stepping into players is an old, old issue that was mostly - but not entirely - gone, but now it seems to be back.

If am to guess wildly (with no technical knowhow to found my guesses on...) the slashing animation when knife-fighting temporarily removes collision for the infected, so if the infected attacks or the player steps forward (which you do with every slash grrrrr!!!) the infected will end up inside the player. Where it can hit the player but the player cannot hit back, until he backs away - giving the infected another free hit.

Please look into this, I will see if there's an open ticket on the issue and add to that. Will also attempt to record video of it happening later today.

Located my old feedback ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137370

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 2

lifetime values lowered from 48 (24) to 8 (4) hours

can someone explain to me: which items has which lifetime? I know that bases has 45days lifetime