coko23

5 months till the new update? Realy?

"let's hope and spend the time with respect to your counterpart"

Sqeezor-2018

On 1/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, Mantasisg said:

strangely resulted in most uninteresting gameplay since the performance became pretty awesome

You should really play on the Village dude...

I keep seeing you repeat the same old thing about a lack of interesting gameplay. Meanwhile we have managed to organize dozens of players to secure a public base where all friendly players are welcome.  Just recently, we have united the friendly factions under a common purpose to attempt to civilize the server.

Some will always want to destroy us, but even more players come and see what we have built, and want to help defend it.  Friendly players love having a place to come and relax, cook food, farm and trade, maybe sit down and play a guitar for a while; and bandits still want to come and wreck it all.  Sometimes they are successful, most often from using less than honorable tactics, but we always regroup and rebuild.

Interesting emergent gameplay is the responsibility of the players, as has always been the case.  Instead of cynically shitposting, many of us have been making something worth being proud of, even in this state of the game.  

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

• Beans 5

On 1/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, comikz said:

1. On what day will .63 be released to Stable branch?

2. Why not use a previously used engine, and modify it to the needs of DayZ Standalone?

3. Why add in so much cooking tools, lower spawn rates of canned food, only to remove the majority of animals? (I haven't seen any deer/pigs and cows seem to be hiding in the woods?)

4. Why add in so much useless items/gear to the loot tables, such as books/cooking tripods/propane canisters/heating elements/cooking tools ect. with no real use to them?

5. Why force so much realism into a game that is pretty much a post-apocalyptic fantasy shooter (Zombies ain't real.)

6. Why take several months if not longer per patch/update only for it to consist of a few graphical/glitch/bug fixes and a handful of re-hashed items/gear, and perhaps more copy/pasta towns/cities/villiages?

7. How many people actually WORK on DayZ Standalone (Such as programmers, or others who actually put stuff in the game, not you know, people who appear on YouTube/Reddit who say they work with the team, when all they do is talk about stuff.)

8. Why is there very little outreach to the community, and the actual game's forums are pretty much ignored. (A few Reddit posts, and a "Possibly releasing this here", road-map is not enough.)

9. Why have the loot tables been so destroyed, that most buildings that had loot in them previously, are now just empty (Jail houses, ect.)

10. When will mechanics that encourage more interaction and less KoS playstyles be introduced (To change this game from an open-world pew pew grudge match.)

11. What's being done to bring back players, and to facilitate future player-growth rates in game to boost the activity level?

12. How with all the money that was made in the first month of sales, is this game still in early access alpha four years down the road, with games that are also alpha, ahead by leaps and bounds (ARK: Survival Evolved.) (Ohh and spare me the, "Muh Engine", garbo.)

13. If definite dates of releases of new content, ect. don't want to be listed due to, "We may be wrong", why isn't the reasons you could be wrong, addressed and fixed within the team/company?

14. How many hours a day, how many days a week, how many weeks a month, how many months a year, is actual solid work done on DayZ?

15. When Dean Hall left, why did it seem like the momentum that things where being done all but disappear, was he that pivotal to the games development, and are there any plans to try and get him back?

16. Are the reviews on Steam taken into consideration with what needs to be added/changed/removed ect. from the game, or are they pretty much just scoffed at and ignored?

17. What's the likelihood of this project (DayZ Standalone) being released to modders, ect. or heck even being finished this year (2018)?

18. Again, why waste time on useless stuff that no one really needs nor adds to the game? (Bases are a huge thing, but emotes/animations, are kinda meh?)

19. How genuine are excuses such as, "It's early access", "It's Alpha", and "The engine is being built", in terms of making it so that things can take ages to produce?

20. What are the true feelings of Bohemia on this game and it's direction, additionally how do they feel about the rate of development?

Now these questions are for the developers/bohemia and their staff to answer, since they are the ones that are in control. The reason why these questions are for them only, is, time and time again I am told or I read, "You're not a programmer, so you have no idea what you're talking about", when anything negative or any complaints arise. So if you don't work with them or for them, sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.

Just the fact that community members are answering all your questions just shows your lack of interest in the development stage as this info is readily available for ppl who care to look for it.

Anyone who actually follows the development should know that these are exciting times and that beta is closer than ever.

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

You should really play on the Village dude...

I keep seeing you repeat the same old thing about a lack of interesting gameplay. Meanwhile we have managed to organize dozens of players to secure a public base where all friendly players are welcome.  Just recently, we have united the friendly factions under a common purpose to attempt to civilize the server.

Some will always want to destroy us, but even more players come and see what we have built, and want to help defend it.  Friendly players love having a place to come and relax, cook food, farm and trade, maybe sit down and play a guitar for a while; and bandits still want to come and wreck it all.  Sometimes they are successful, most often from using less than honorable tactics, but we always regroup and rebuild.

Interesting emergent gameplay is the responsibility of the players, as has always been the case.  Instead of cynically shitposting, many of us have been making something worth being proud of, even in this state of the game.  

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

I am glad you guys sorta Role played it to have fun. I think you will enjoy it once more of the actual listed features are in the game around so called "beta" Not sure how much actually will be completed and added to the game after it goes to exp, then to stable. But good for you guys to still enjoy some of the game play. I think there is a few servers out there doing much like you guys are doing. Plus it adds some unknown factors in it if bandits come around.

4 hours ago, Trnc84 said:

Just the fact that community members are answering all your questions just shows your lack of interest in the development stage as this info is readily available for ppl who care to look for it.

Anyone who actually follows the development should know that these are exciting times and that beta is closer than ever.

Best not to sugar coat it until we see exactly what "Promised features in game" Fanboi at this time is stale as we have limited information when it comes available. Each time we try to sugar coat things half of it is broken or taken out. Hopefully this time it starts to work. I do agree things are looking up for the first time since 2014 for me.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

What sort of information are you looking for?

What is in Beta part 1 as compared to part 2? That's what we want to know after the team felt it necessary to split Beta into two pieces.

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2018 at 11:14 AM, sneakydude said:

Best not to sugar coat it until we see exactly what "Promised features in game" Fanboi at this time is stale as we have limited information when it comes available. Each time we try to sugar coat things half of it is broken or taken out. Hopefully this time it starts to work. I do agree things are looking up for the first time since 2014 for me.

Maybe that is just your cynicism talking, especially when you try to write off any sort of optimism by using the term "fanboy".  Because of the nature and history of DayZ's development some aspects of the game have remained in a broken state, but barely anything has been taken out.  The only feature being removed from the promised feature list is animal companions.  The reason behind this is because it would require a huge rewrite of AI, if not an entirely new module.  Considering its outside of the normal gameplay of DayZ, I can see this being introduced as a free update or DLC if there is still enough demand from the community.

15 hours ago, aasand said:

There will not be a beta, there will not be a game..

That's simply not correct.

You can continue to believe that if you wish.

However,  don't come here and make out it's fact.

• Beans 2

I have a question, and not a passive aggresive one to boot - what is the devs' stance towards human AI? Will we have any kind of NPC, either in scripted events (I think I could handle that) or traders/factions (please tell me it's not going to happen)?

1 hour ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I have a question, and not a passive aggresive one to boot - what is the devs' stance towards human AI? Will we have any kind of NPC, either in scripted events (I think I could handle that) or traders/factions (please tell me it's not going to happen)?

Not planned afaik!

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

This isn't planned as far as I know, but AI modules from Arma may be compatible or modders may be able to introduce them.

On 17. 1. 2018 at 12:57 PM, comikz said:

1. On what day will .63 be released to Stable branch?

2. Why not use a previously used engine, and modify it to the needs of DayZ Standalone?

3. Why add in so much cooking tools, lower spawn rates of canned food, only to remove the majority of animals? (I haven't seen any deer/pigs and cows seem to be hiding in the woods?)

4. Why add in so much useless items/gear to the loot tables, such as books/cooking tripods/propane canisters/heating elements/cooking tools ect. with no real use to them?

5. Why force so much realism into a game that is pretty much a post-apocalyptic fantasy shooter (Zombies ain't real.)

6. Why take several months if not longer per patch/update only for it to consist of a few graphical/glitch/bug fixes and a handful of re-hashed items/gear, and perhaps more copy/pasta towns/cities/villiages?

7. How many people actually WORK on DayZ Standalone (Such as programmers, or others who actually put stuff in the game, not you know, people who appear on YouTube/Reddit who say they work with the team, when all they do is talk about stuff.)

8. Why is there very little outreach to the community, and the actual game's forums are pretty much ignored. (A few Reddit posts, and a "Possibly releasing this here", road-map is not enough.)

9. Why have the loot tables been so destroyed, that most buildings that had loot in them previously, are now just empty (Jail houses, ect.)

10. When will mechanics that encourage more interaction and less KoS playstyles be introduced (To change this game from an open-world pew pew grudge match.)

11. What's being done to bring back players, and to facilitate future player-growth rates in game to boost the activity level?

12. How with all the money that was made in the first month of sales, is this game still in early access alpha four years down the road, with games that are also alpha, ahead by leaps and bounds (ARK: Survival Evolved.) (Ohh and spare me the, "Muh Engine", garbo.)

13. If definite dates of releases of new content, ect. don't want to be listed due to, "We may be wrong", why isn't the reasons you could be wrong, addressed and fixed within the team/company?

14. How many hours a day, how many days a week, how many weeks a month, how many months a year, is actual solid work done on DayZ?

15. When Dean Hall left, why did it seem like the momentum that things where being done all but disappear, was he that pivotal to the games development, and are there any plans to try and get him back?

16. Are the reviews on Steam taken into consideration with what needs to be added/changed/removed ect. from the game, or are they pretty much just scoffed at and ignored?

17. What's the likelihood of this project (DayZ Standalone) being released to modders, ect. or heck even being finished this year (2018)?

18. Again, why waste time on useless stuff that no one really needs nor adds to the game? (Bases are a huge thing, but emotes/animations, are kinda meh?)

19. How genuine are excuses such as, "It's early access", "It's Alpha", and "The engine is being built", in terms of making it so that things can take ages to produce?

20. What are the true feelings of Bohemia on this game and it's direction, additionally how do they feel about the rate of development?

Now these questions are for the developers/bohemia and their staff to answer, since they are the ones that are in control. The reason why these questions are for them only, is, time and time again I am told or I read, "You're not a programmer, so you have no idea what you're talking about", when anything negative or any complaints arise. So if you don't work with them or for them, sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.

1) We don't know. When we do know, you'll know. I know it's a lame answer but that's the reality. If we could set a concrete date (= if we knew we're able to deliver 100%), we'd set that date. We're still not 100% sure we can, so there is no date, and no estimate (because those were quite disappointing in the past).

2) Multiple reasons: using our own technology enables our dev team to create some things exactly the way we want them to be. It's also very beneficial for our extensive modding support plans, and ultimately, it allows us to be completely independent on 3rd party solutions. 

Bonus reason: we have some badass programmers at Bohemia that are capable of such things as engine programming, it would be a shame to lose them or not use their expertise. Good programmers are hard to come by, and often they don't even care if you offer them a gold mine, they just need something that they'll enjoy doing ;)

3) Assets are relatively not-so-hard to produce, while different types of animals require more than assets: different behaviour controlled by AI, more complex animations, and possibly other things that are happening on the back end of the game. 

As outlined in our BETA / 1.0 goals, we'll be adding animals as we progress further.

4) DayZ is a sandbox survival. One of the design pillars of DayZ is the freedom of choice, being able to pick your own play-style out of a variety of play-styles. While some of those items are not useful to you, some people love to have them around (I'd have to disagree that cooking tripods are useless at the very least!). 

Also, some items in the game don't really have the intended use just yet, or we had to revert some of the features where you could previously use them, but they are ready as assets, so they stay in the loot configuration. Although I think in 0.62, there are no items that have absolutely no use in-game. 

5) That's the tone we set for the game. That's a massive part of why everybody loved the mod, and that's what we at Bohemia do well. Also, we're not aiming for realism, but for authenticity. The sort of "I believe all of this could be happening, but I also know it's not real" kind of thing. 

Bonus answer: the infected are not zombies. DayZ is not a zombie game, these are inhabitants of Chernarus struck by a nasty virus that made them blood lust, dumb weirdos. But they are still alive, that's why you don't need to headshot them in order to kill them :)

6) If the work needed was really to take 2 day of the week, we'd do it in those 2 days, test it all on Friday and release the thing next week. If updates took months, moths of everyday work went into them. None of our major updates that took "several months to develop" contained "few graphical/glitch/bug fixes and a handful of re-hashed items/gear". That's just not true.

7) I'm sorry but I'm not going to answer this question because of your implication of us having people that don't work, and just sit on Reddit and talk in YouTube videos. That's nonsense, and outright rude (to say it with a pinch of understatement), and I personally think you would not have the courage to say such things if you saw the team here in the office every day. Our people work hard, and DayZ development is pretty tough and exhausting for them as much as it is for you as a fan to wait. 

In case you're really interested in finding the answer, the real number is here in Eugen's intro, but you already know that I think.

8) We're actively talking to our community, I think Baty's been doing a great job over the past year. It's tough to keep the comms flowing, for quite some time (about 2 years now at least), we've been in a stage of development where we have to be careful and manage expectations, as every word we publish is being watched carefully. 

As soon as we have a better game in our hands, and we're confident about it, we'll be more confident in our communication. We're also busy planning the things ahead of us.

9) Jailhouses specifically spawn no loot because we want to encourage people to not go inside them - in legacy versions of DayZ, these buildings are prone to glitchers, and unfortunately that's something we can only solve when we merge in a larger chunk of our new tech. 

Central Economy as a whole will also work quite differently in 0.63 - again, something that only makes sense to be implemented in 0.63, not on the legacy versions of DayZ, unfortunately.

10) That mostly depends on the overall balance of our core gameplay loop to a degree, and 0.63 will be a massive step forward in evolving our core gameplay loop.

11) We do this: we're continuing the development of the game in order for it to become an enjoyable experience that people want to play. That's pretty much everything that we can do at this point, as unless we have a good product in our hands, we won't have satisfied, active community of players.

12) Despite the fact that you don't want to hear that, developing an engine AND a game on that work-in-progress engine at the same time is not an easy feat. I totally get that it may seem hard to believe, but it's the reality - and I don't think our dev team is any worse or better than any other team out there that would be in the same situation.

13) It's simply just not possible to estimate the development work we do in detail - the level of detail we feel confident estimating now (taking all of our hard earned experience into consideration) is that we'll be out of Early Access by the end of 2018 with the feature set and content that we defined publicly.

That's our life - it sucks, but we know why we took the hard, long road. We'll benefit from those Early Access years in the future. 

14) Our office policy is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week unless there are public holidays or you're on a sick leave. Every employee at Bohemia has 5 weeks of paid vacation per year on top of that. 

The reality is that sometimes some of us work 10+ hours a day occasionally, and we take our work home from time to time. Adding some personal experience here - I am writing this on a Friday night on a train from Prague back to my family, after a full workday, and I still have 5 days of vacation left from the last year. But I'm not complaining, despite DayZ probably being the toughest project here at Bohemia in terms of work/life balance, I love my job! It's probably a bit more challenging for the actual dev team though, I am a marketing person.

15) Dean was the creative power behind DayZ, a person that you need to kick start a project and send it in the right direction. It was his own decision to step down as a Project Lead of DayZ as he felt that his role on DayZ was complete, and I believe (I've never actually met him in person, as I joined Bohemia only about 3 years ago) his life-long ambition was to be an independent developer with complete creative freedom - and that can only happen if you start your own business really. But this also has a bit of my personal opinion in it, so take it with that in mind.

For DayZ losing a bit of a momentum when he made that decision, I PERSONALLY that's kind of true for two reasons: 

a) Dean was a public figure, he was flying all around the globe, passionately talking about the game, and this is purely a part of his personality that has no substitute unless you're Dean Hall. So naturally, when Dean stopped publicly talking about DayZ, and shifted his focus onto his new projects, DayZ lost his personal touch and his public presence, so to speak. That’s mabye why it seemed like things stopped moving. There is no doubt that apart from his creative ideas, Dean was also giving DayZ this exciting public spark that made it a popular game.

b) I think the momentum was also a bit lost because the team started the really tough part of DayZ development when Dean left, the part where exciting ideas need to be turned into a real, functional, decent product. That part’s publicly pretty not-cool, and we're still there. 

Personally, again, I think Dean is now happy back home in his own company, and on both sides, we're not really considering any official cooperation on DayZ or other projects.

16) We do read carefully the reasons provided when people refund DayZ, but as far as Early Access reviews on Steam are concerned, in the DayZ team, we don't pay that much attention to them. It's a bit flawed on the very granular level that there's even the possibility to review a product that has not reached an end of its initial development phase, and Steam reviews are infamously ignoring the intentional, organised attempts to review-bomb a game, so that's really not a relevant channel to us. 

We pay attention to feedback on our own feedback tracker, here on the forums, and occasionally on Social Media and things like Reddit, and we will pay attention to Steam reviews when DayZ leaves Early Access.

17) Again, this sort of content is not as hard to produce as a major feature like base building, and artists can create art/animations while our other teams are doing their thing (not mentioning that we just couldn't event do base building right on the legacy versions of DayZ without redoing it again later in BETA). 

And again, I dare to disagree, gestures/emotes are a very popular addition to DayZ!

18) The concept of developers being happy that they can "take ages to produce things" in Early Access development is just completely wrong. There is no benefit in making things progress slower than you are realistically able to, especially not for a company like Bohemia. 

The longer you stay in development, the longer you bleed money, and with every day, month and a year gone by, the motivation of the team vanishes more and more. If our dev team could do things faster, they’d do things faster, because OH BOI, do we all really want to have 1.0 out already! :)

19) DayZ team is ultimately “Bohemia”, and the devs here are the most passionate critics of their own work. I often hear how some of the people here on the team wish things would go faster, we all wish that DayZ had less problems along the way and we're all (including the Bohemia management, which is ultimately just 2 owners of the company) very much aware of the reality of things - we're arguably on the edge of keeping DayZ relevant, but the only thing we can do is to keep working until DayZ is the game the dev team wants to create, because that’s the only way how we can make things better.

I hope this helped.

Edited by RaptorM60
formatting
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 11

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

16) We do read carefully the reasons provided when people refund DayZ, but as far as Early Access reviews on Steam are concerned, in the DayZ team, we don't pay that much attention to them.

Ouch that was the same thing Hicks said we dont need your money. It should all be important to you guys.

Kinda a slap in the face again, for the people that have supported you guys. Maybe i am getting your English all wrong?

On 2/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, gorvi said:

Maybe that is just your cynicism talking, especially when you try to write off any sort of optimism by using the term "fanboy".  Because of the nature and history of DayZ's development some aspects of the game have remained in a broken state, but barely anything has been taken out.  The only feature being removed from the promised feature list is animal companions.  The reason behind this is because it would require a huge rewrite of AI, if not an entirely new module.  Considering its outside of the normal gameplay of DayZ, I can see this being introduced as a free update or DLC if there is still enough demand from the community.

Optimism yes for release, notice it meant not to sugar coat anything anymore due to the fact we still haven't seen anything. We been down that road 5000 times already. Hype can be a dangerous thing.

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

due to the fact we still haven't seen anything. We been down that road 5000 times already.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  DayZ has gone through many changes since being released to early access and is already miles ahead of unsupported features offered within the mod. 

Besides the huge change to the engine and switching DayZ to Enfusion, new features include updated sound technology, new scripting language, dynamic shadows, predatory animal behavior, new shaders, increased map density, and the continued implementation and updates to the central economy.

Edited by gorvi

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Ouch that was the same thing Hicks said we dont need your money. It should all be important to you guys.

Kinda a slap in the face again, for the people that have supported you guys. Maybe i am getting your English all wrong?

Most definitely, as I certainly did not say anything along the lines of “not needing your money” (nor not needing feedback for that matter - we do need it, but Steam Reviews are a terrible place for that).

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, RaptorM60 said:

Most definitely, as I certainly did not say anything along the lines of “not needing your money” (nor not needing feedback for that matter - we do need it, but Steam Reviews are a terrible place for that).

Thanks for a big response back there.

So I must say, since Steam was the platform through which Bohemia sold so many copies of Dayz early access, the reviews  are what they are, naturally with the hype created by Bohemia devs and/or the internet media throughout the first couple of years. Making an early access game on Steam available to such wide and hungry audience is what brought the hot steam down your neck (see what I did there xD). But then again, I do agree about the review-bombing a game as you've pointed out. I've seen some titles being shot down just like that, both on Steam and Youtube. I'd dare to compare and many know it, but some people seem to forget that Bethesda's development time from Fallout 3 to Fallout 4 was seven years, from 2008 to 2015. They basically were making an engine upgrade based on an engine that was upgraded from an upgraded engine xD And again, with how many developers? The New Vegas title in between was developed by other studio.

Back to Dayz, the expectations from people are still huge, nevermind the half price of the game. We've all elaborated so much about many players obviously not paying much attention to the "This game is early access..." text. And much more importantly, the "Hardcore survival game" text, too. Beside the inability of some to cope with a buggy early access game which was announced, I think that most of the players were wrong about what kind of game are they buying in the first place. This is not a light RPG shooter as there is nothing that makes you feel at any point a powerful or a practically invincible character in some game's story. There is no damage multipliers or damage resistance raising as you level up for example. It's up all to that gear you have and wear. There is no linearity as there are no NPCs. OK, I guess you can call KOS a linear story xD ... But this is why we see that Dayz already had a small devoted playerbase who are looking for something different in shooter games instead of a chaotic mashup of teenagers, 'grown ups' and grown ups.

Just to perhaps clarify re: Steam reviews - it’s not that we’re completely ignoring our overall review score, of course we don’t take it lightly that we’re in the mixed/mostly negative area, it’s not helping the DayZ brand, but at the same time, that’s to be expected of a game with some nasty issues and work in progress gameplay. We know that the game is pretty far from being a great experience, so until then, the idea of making reviews is sort of weird. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Just to perhaps clarify re: Steam reviews - it’s not that we’re completely ignoring our overall review score, of course we don’t take it lightly that we’re in the mixed/mostly negative area, it’s not helping the DayZ brand, but at the same time, that’s to be expected of a game with some nasty issues and work in progress gameplay. We know that the game is pretty far from being a great experience, so until then, the idea of making reviews is sort of weird. 

It also doesn't help that one of the main venues for DayZ, reddit, has become a very toxic community with both users and mods who encourage and enable a strongly biased negativity toward both the game and BI.  The mods do nothing to promote the game in a positive light and allow misinformation and harassment to run rampant.  Support for DayZ is often met with inflammatory remarks toward the fans and devs which are never removed, nor even follow the subreddits unforgotten rule of "be nice".

Some may treat this as "nipping at the heels" to encourage development, but all its doing is damaging both the DayZ brand, community, and its profits.

Edited by gorvi
  • Beans 1

I don't know much about game development.  But I do know a lot about general software development project management.  "It's done when it's done" is generally not an acceptible answer.  I presume that BI doesn't have infinite budget and DayZ's fan base doesn't have infinite patience.  Is that normal for games to just be developed for years on some open-ended timeline?

On 03/02/2018 at 1:08 AM, RaptorM60 said:

Although I think in 0.62, there are no items that have absolutely no use in-game. 

Many thanks for your reply, but this sentence gave me a pause. It's been a long time since I saw a syringe, but those brownish antibiotics vials still spawn. And I'm quite sure they do nothing yet.

I'd like to use it as an excuse to ask about the medical system overhaul, as the fact that nobody mentions it makes me very concerned. As it currently is, the entirety of the medical system can be practically boiled down to 'wear 6 rags' -> 'apply when bleeding'. That's really that. Diseases are ridiculously easy to avoid and for seasoned players usually result from a misclick. Morphine was good for the ATC bug, now it's good for PvP situations only (otherwise you always have time for a splint). Epi and transfusion stuff is for group PvP only, obviously.

At my beginnings of DayZ, I used to carry around a full first-aid kit, because, you know, a post-apocalyptic scenario. I imagine medicine would be something quite sought after, but now it's just 6 rags for me. I believe that this aspect seems to have gotten less love than literally any other element in the game which I can think of now. Why is that and can we expect something more interesting than blood bags for Tisy pew-pews? Something that, hopefully, could make you put 'an experienced medic' on your Dayz resume?

Edited by Kirov (DayZ)
typo
  • Beans 1

Hall "bailed"...and HIcks "failed" (not really...but you would think so by reading the negativity)

I cant help but chime in here, guys.... But in my opinion (obviously) the darn thing just wont get that extra push towards BETA until the development is better managed.

I tried (and failed) to not read too much into the Status Reports because they just left me thinking that the studio was way too casual and amateurish an outfit to take on this huge project.

I don't read the SR now...and I am getting better at regaining my patience.

Simplify, and reconcile. I can't control the process...so I am removed from it emotionally... I play the game, as it is...and for the most part my enthusiasm remains.

I swear they still need better structure and accountability but I ain't the one paying their salaries and my reputation as a Game Studio is not on the line...so whatever...

Beta in the Spring, please...or else I'll just....well.....I'll go ahead and....ummm......geez...you know, I will have to keep on playing what's playable...

Your ROI for anyone who has played it over a hundred hours or more is more than probably any other game you have owned so ultimately there is no "real" reason to slam the EA state of the game unless you truly feel a degree of personal hardship has been perpetrated against you and you "must" stick it out until the "end". So to all the Survivors who swing towards making excuses for the dev team, and all the Survivors who just play, and to all the Survivors who are sick and tired of the lack of progress or poor design I say Good for you and stick to your guns, as without discussion and debate we would all just be playing No Man's Sky in our faded DaiKatana T-Shirts.

Bottom Line, No one on the team has taken ownership of the project, so no one needs to be responsible for it. This is a problem. OR...Bohemia is fine with this process so far and does not consider that there IS a problem. Either way...hearing from the devs themselves is not something I consider seriously, as their paycheck depends on their success. Where are the BI press releases? That would surely satisfy most of us...and the rest would just need to kindly go find another EA title to blindly cry about.

Finally, as I have said ad-nauseam, if Brian is still the captain of the ship....where is he and why does he not personally comment anymore? If his plan was to bring on staff that could best convey his messaging and relieve his workload then I fear his choices are not effective and his decreased cycles have not been used beneficially. Sorry, all...but been around the block enough to know that ultimately there needs to be someone who can be serious and professional and clinically efficient when you ask serious and critical questions. If this is impossible because it's simply "just a game development" then so be it.... Let's just hear it from the business people, and not the fluff.

I, as many of you loyal Survivors, am grateful for being an early access supporter because it revealed an immense amount of insight about how games were developed and how the processes evolved and this was a rewarding experience in itself...so, now that we have been given the chance to become personally invested, it is fair to say that our opinions are more precisely defined than maybe some other casual observers. This means that we all will have pretty "good" reasons for saying what we say in the forums and regardless of your point of view, they are all mis-informed to an extent.

So lets hear it from the Director of Media Relations (or whatever department has ultimate ownership of DayZ SA) at Bohemia Interactive and finally get this this thing back on whatever track it is destined to take.

Edited by philbur
clarity
  • Beans 1