Jump to content
coko23

5 months till the new update? Realy?

Recommended Posts

It's 5 months we have the last big update 0.62, 5 months! There are several games that start at 0.30 and only one or two years players have to wait until full version. This game is in early access for 4 years and we have nothing. Realy guys, I love this game so much, I played DayZ mod and DayZ from the first release, but this is enough. 5 months from 0.62 to 0.63 and i can bet that in the new update will be "only" new animations and twenty new caps and thats all. No base building, no more zombies, car bugs, etc. Guys, you've lost a lot of players and this is the last chance to do something good. Do it! Give us base building, more zombies, no bugs. Do it better, unlock game for modders and unlock Steam Workshop, moders can help you faster. Do not let us wait so long ... this is the best zombie survival game, but your attitude is bad. You are Bohemia Interactive - one of the biggest gaming company in Czech, do it better i know you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been longer than 5 months. Even then .62 was still massively disappointing, as is the entire development pretty much since DH left (not that I am suggesting DH was the mitigating factor here).

The .63 demo came, went to one of the shows, seemingly was played by quite a few people only for it to "disappear" despite vague hints that there would be a playable demo released at the same time. Using Occam's Razor here you would deduce that the game was not playable, and certainly not suitable for a demo despite claims. That in itself was as good as 5 months ago.

Ultimately the game is "vapourware", and in my opinion won't be delivered. I presume the devs are working on something but who knows what as the developer diary report thing is now sitting idle for a month. Holidays or not, that's pretty poor considering it takes 10 minutes to write up a summary of development even if people are on holiday. It might seem a small thing but it's the primary source of information regarding the dev.

No, seriously, if I were you, I'd just delete DayZ from Steam, find something equally good (and with the time taken to develop this title lots of games are equivalent or better have appeared) and maybe pop in around August and see if any movement has been made. I doubt it will, but you know, maybe we'll be in luck.

 

For me? I've gone from playing regularly 20 hours a week, to now removing DayZ from Steam (the tiny updates simply annoy me now) and play numerous other far better titles, and if I ever want that clunky DayZ interface/weapon/environment feel then I just boot up Arma 3.

 

Edited by rickyriot
¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the demo for .63, I feel like it's a lot of fluff that should have been in the game already for a while now. Lots of the things being changed/added seem to be, "Quality of Life", updates and then you've got new animations/emotes, amazing right? But as with any big update I feel like you will see an influx of activity as it's put on experimental then a tad bit more when it goes to stable, then numbers will drop back to how it is now. If I was a member of their PR team, I would be a lot more forthcoming with information and community outreach, because all we have now, is people singing the same, "It's early release alpha / the engine isn't finished" tune, and dated reddit posts to go by, and the community and growing more and more restless. Now before someone comes in and says, "You clicked on, I understand". We get it, we all do. Maybe it was wrong to have expectations, but maybe, just maybe, the developers are wrong too, with things taking several months or more to come out as updates and keeping most information in the dark, and only sharing what seems to be a, "Band-aid countermeasure", with the community to put out some fires.

Been playing this game for a while now, and I can't stop feeling that the project has been forgotten, and the community is struggling with remaining faithful and making the decision to go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rickyriot said:

The .63 demo came, went to one of the shows, seemingly was played by quite a few people only for it to "disappear" despite vague hints that there would be a playable demo released at the same time. Using Occam's Razor here you would deduce that the game was not playable, and certainly not suitable for a demo despite claims. That in itself was as good as 5 months ago.

Ultimately the game is "vapourware", and in my opinion won't be delivered. I presume the devs are working on something but who knows what as the developer diary report thing is now sitting idle for a month. Holidays or not, that's pretty poor considering it takes 10 minutes to write up a summary of development even if people are on holiday. It might seem a small thing but it's the primary source of information regarding the dev.

The 0.63 demo didn't disappear as much as the devs came out saying "we were going to release the demo but we are not happy enough with it" in a status report.

Speaking of status reports, I don't remember who said it but I think a new SR should be coming later today or tomorrow.
Edit; Yup, here we go: https://forums.dayz.com/topic/237889-status-report-16-january-2018/

6 hours ago, comikz said:

Maybe it was wrong to have expectations, but maybe, just maybe, the developers are wrong too, with things taking several months or more to come out as updates and keeping most information in the dark, and only sharing what seems to be a, "Band-aid countermeasure", with the community to put out some fires.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
Added SR link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coko23 said:

It's 5 months we have the last big update 0.62, 5 months! There are several games that start at 0.30 and only one or two years players have to wait until full version. This game is in early access for 4 years and we have nothing. Realy guys, I love this game so much, I played DayZ mod and DayZ from the first release, but this is enough. 5 months from 0.62 to 0.63 and i can bet that in the new update will be "only" new animations and twenty new caps and thats all. No base building, no more zombies, car bugs, etc. Guys, you've lost a lot of players and this is the last chance to do something good. Do it! Give us base building, more zombies, no bugs. Do it better, unlock game for modders and unlock Steam Workshop, moders can help you faster. Do not let us wait so long ... this is the best zombie survival game, but your attitude is bad. You are Bohemia Interactive - one of the biggest gaming company in Czech, do it better i know you can!

Lot of passion involved here. People who rage like this obviously care deeply about the game. No one is raging on the railroad tycoon page about shit like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

The 0.63 demo didn't disappear as much as the devs came out saying "we were going to release the demo but we are not happy enough with it" in a status report.

Speaking of status reports, I don't remember who said it but I think a new SR should be coming later today or tomorrow.

What sort of information are you looking for?

Information that would allow us as the games supporters to have a more concrete and visual representation as to how this game is progressing and when things are expected to be released. We had a, "Road map", but that hasn't really been finite, it's more like, "Hey we could possibly have these things possibly around this possible time." I've read some pretty vague responses on Reddit (As some others have read too I am sure.) Twitter posts, ect. I know it's early alpha, and I know we all accepted that warning, but, that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect nothing to come of DayZ. Also with all due respect to Bohemia and their DayZ team, a lot of the excuses as to why things are taking so long, or should be allowed to take so long, seems awfully like some big smoke screen to cover their butts when things go south (As in giving up on it.) I remember when these forums where buzzing, there was A LOT more outreach from their staff and dean (When he worked there.) the servers where hectic and players everywhere when you logged in. But now it seems so disheartening and painful to look at. We have so many people hanging on, trying to stay positive, but gosh is it hard to do. If they don't want to give us information and then be wrong/late about it, perhaps let that be the driving force to improve DayZ, I enjoy this game too much to give up hope, but, what I wouldn't do for some outreach and positive vibes from their team to be poured over the flames of negativity here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, coko23 said:

Do it! Give us base building, more zombies, no bugs. Do it better, unlock game for modders and unlock Steam Workshop, moders can help you faster.

This statement is bursting at the seams with misunderstanding and ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all the "smart" people who incessantly post that they should release the game now that come here daily, would you please look at the sheer number of people before you that have been vomiting the same nonsense.  And in all that time that people have cried publicly how crappy the game is and they should just release what they have and let modders fix it, have BI acquiesced to your demand? 

For short attention span PUBG folks.... NO! They have not.  Do any of you realize how dumb those kinds of comments sound to those that actually have an understanding of programming?  I am not a mechanic so I don't go to car forums and tell people how to fix cars, yet I drive daily.  Just because you play games doesn't make you John Carmack... deal with disappointment, shit happens, things change, deadlines get moved.  That is life in development.  Obviously PUBG is not keeping your attention as you have time to come here and make dumb demands of developers who are doing what is best for the game.  Get a life, go outside, jsut wait like the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

For all the "smart" people who incessantly post that they should release the game now that come here daily, would you please look at the sheer number of people before you that have been vomiting the same nonsense.  And in all that time that people have cried publicly how crappy the game is and they should just release what they have and let modders fix it, have BI acquiesced to your demand? 

For short attention span PUBG folks.... NO! They have not.  Do any of you realize how dumb those kinds of comments sound to those that actually have an understanding of programming?  I am not a mechanic so I don't go to car forums and tell people how to fix cars, yet I drive daily.  Just because you play games doesn't make you John Carmack... deal with disappointment, shit happens, things change, deadlines get moved.  That is life in development.  Obviously PUBG is not keeping your attention as you have time to come here and make dumb demands of developers who are doing what is best for the game.  Get a life, go outside, jsut wait like the rest of us.

TL:DR

Don't have expectation or opinions on how things should go, because you're not a programmer and you know nothing of what you're speaking of. Ohh you upset that things are taking a long time to get released, well that must mean you're in dire need of fresh air and a life.

I do not mean this as a personal attack, but your post, is just another one of those, "Dumb comments", just one more of those vomited up by one of those, "Experts" who feel it necessary to reiterate the same ol' , "Crap happens, you're not a programmer", vibes. I get that you are annoyed by the people who come in here with demands, but your post is just as annoying because it does nothing but copy what has been said over and over.

And until there is some direct communication that answers questions, that reassures us gamers who bought into their project that it wasn't a grand waste of time. Then expect people to have negative opinions and to make demands, because as I see it, weather you're galloping around on your horse or raising a clenched fist wrapped around a torch, nothing of value is getting said by their team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, comikz said:

Information that would allow us as the games supporters to have a more concrete and visual representation as to how this game is progressing and when things are expected to be released.

The gifs and videos showcasing what is (being) implemented aren't enough of a concrete and visual representation as to how the game is progressing?

The devs saying "0.63 and everything up to 1.0 will happen in 2018" with an attached feature list isn't enough of an estimate about when things are expected to be released?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This wait truly knocked the steam out of me (no pun).

I however, am in this for the long haul (or until I meltdown and get banned).

When I commit to something, and have this deep of faith in something, I stick with it to the bitter end.

I have fantasies of playing a finished DayZ while waxing nostalgic about broken versions gone by.

The degree to which I contributed to experimental and the dialogue around DayZ on this forum makes me feel a personal connection to the work on the game and this is a special experience in itself.

Patience is a virtue, and the virtuous will reap the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, comikz said:

And until there is some direct communication that answers questions, that reassures us gamers who bought into their project that it wasn't a grand waste of time. Then expect people to have negative opinions and to make demands, because as I see it, weather you're galloping around on your horse or raising a clenched fist wrapped around a torch, nothing of value is getting said by their team.

For someone who has been a member of this forum long enough to have been following development for 4 years.... this quote above does show you have not comprehended much of it.  What questions have not been answered... a thousand times buy the devs?  Name them.  Let's hear your questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like all the criticism of the process falls flat anymore.  All the information is out there

Bottom line: The mod created a zeitgeist and inspired a vision of an immersive, open-world, zombie apocalypse simulator; the likes of which the world has never seen.
The existing tech was unable to support that vision. The first adapted tech was still unable to support that vision.  A decision was made to Concurrently/Reverse engineer a set of tools to support that vision in a forward-looking configuration.

All the while, they have kept the vision alive at a painstakingly labor-intensive level of dedication throughout all iterations, heretofore sacrificing resources simply to KEEP US HAPPY.    Many people can't seem to accept alpha playstyles any longer. 

And for the most part, we have failed.  We have failed to understand just how big of an undertaking this is, and had become; long before we even realized that the 2015 roadmap was insanely optimistic pipe dreams; riding on the waves of our collective hype.

But Bohemia knows.  Even after 1.0; this engine will have room to grow.  I think they've said as much, in plenty of different ways.

TL/DR

out of all the pain and frustration, comes a game engine specifically designed to work with modding; built from a gnarled tree, hacked back to the roots; rebuilt to better support all existing branches and foster future growth.

\Inbetawetrust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

: The mod created a zeitgeist and inspired a vision of an immersive, open-world, zombie apocalypse simulator; the likes of which the world has never seen.

The zeitgeist of DayZ was not the zeitgeist of gameplayers  - they are a pretty conservative bunch. This is why DayZ has occasionally been called an "anti-game". But statistically the average gameplayer is the majority and the majority are the players who play the statistically most-played game, and the most played is named "best". So the majority gameplayers who stumble across DayZ want to push DayZ out of it's zeitgeist into average gameplayer  normality. This is where it will make most money and be most boring. I like to think DayZ attracted - and will attract? - non-standard non-normal players. There are already plenty of games to meet standard expectations.

Edited by pilgrim*
majority\profit = standard bell curve like in quantum physics, ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

For someone who has been a member of this forum long enough to have been following development for 4 years.... this quote above does show you have not comprehended much of it.  What questions have not been answered... a thousand times buy the devs?  Name them.  Let's hear your questions.

1. On what day will .63 be released to Stable branch?

2. Why not use a previously used engine, and modify it to the needs of DayZ Standalone?

3. Why add in so much cooking tools, lower spawn rates of canned food, only to remove the majority of animals? (I haven't seen any deer/pigs and cows seem to be hiding in the woods?)

4. Why add in so much useless items/gear to the loot tables, such as books/cooking tripods/propane canisters/heating elements/cooking tools ect. with no real use to them?

5. Why force so much realism into a game that is pretty much a post-apocalyptic fantasy shooter (Zombies ain't real.)

6. Why take several months if not longer per patch/update only for it to consist of a few graphical/glitch/bug fixes and a handful of re-hashed items/gear, and perhaps more copy/pasta towns/cities/villiages?

7. How many people actually WORK on DayZ Standalone (Such as programmers, or others who actually put stuff in the game, not you know, people who appear on YouTube/Reddit who say they work with the team, when all they do is talk about stuff.)

8. Why is there very little outreach to the community, and the actual game's forums are pretty much ignored. (A few Reddit posts, and a "Possibly releasing this here", road-map is not enough.)

9. Why have the loot tables been so destroyed, that most buildings that had loot in them previously, are now just empty (Jail houses, ect.)

10. When will mechanics that encourage more interaction and less KoS playstyles be introduced (To change this game from an open-world pew pew grudge match.)

11. What's being done to bring back players, and to facilitate future player-growth rates in game to boost the activity level?

12. How with all the money that was made in the first month of sales, is this game still in early access alpha four years down the road, with games that are also alpha, ahead by leaps and bounds (ARK: Survival Evolved.) (Ohh and spare me the, "Muh Engine", garbo.)

13. If definite dates of releases of new content, ect. don't want to be listed due to, "We may be wrong", why isn't the reasons you could be wrong, addressed and fixed within the team/company?

14. How many hours a day, how many days a week, how many weeks a month, how many months a year, is actual solid work done on DayZ?

15. When Dean Hall left, why did it seem like the momentum that things where being done all but disappear, was he that pivotal to the games development, and are there any plans to try and get him back?

16. Are the reviews on Steam taken into consideration with what needs to be added/changed/removed ect. from the game, or are they pretty much just scoffed at and ignored?

17. What's the likelihood of this project (DayZ Standalone) being released to modders, ect. or heck even being finished this year (2018)?

18. Again, why waste time on useless stuff that no one really needs nor adds to the game? (Bases are a huge thing, but emotes/animations, are kinda meh?)

19. How genuine are excuses such as, "It's early access", "It's Alpha", and "The engine is being built", in terms of making it so that things can take ages to produce?

20. What are the true feelings of Bohemia on this game and it's direction, additionally how do they feel about the rate of development?

Now these questions are for the developers/bohemia and their staff to answer, since they are the ones that are in control. The reason why these questions are for them only, is, time and time again I am told or I read, "You're not a programmer, so you have no idea what you're talking about", when anything negative or any complaints arise. So if you don't work with them or for them, sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, comikz said:

-snip for length-

Now these questions are for the developers/bohemia and their staff to answer, since they are the ones that are in control. The reason why these questions are for them only, is, time and time again I am told or I read, "You're not a programmer, so you have no idea what you're talking about", when anything negative or any complaints arise. So if you don't work with them or for them, sorry, you don't know what you're talking about.

A lot of your questions have already been answered and a few with a reason why they won't be answered.
Many of your questions have been asked and answered over and over, and here we still are.

1 & 13: They're just not doing dates anymore, and delays aren't always something so simple that it can be just "fixed" unless it's the same reason (or specifically a person) every time, which I doubt.
2: I've answered this so many times you can just go in my post history and get the answer with links to devs.
6: The devs are prioritizing the 0.63 build, 0.61/0.62 has only been getting critical fixes (crashes, exploits) or things that they've been able to add from the other build without conflicts.
7: I've answered this too. Check my post history for details but TLDR roughly 80 people minus 50 QA staff.
12: It doesn't sound like you can even be bothered with the energy to hear the answer, so why ask the question?
15: There's no way Dean Hall is coming back because he now has his own company and DayZ isn't his baby or dream project. I've talked about this in detail too, check my post history.
17: Mod support has been confirmed since the beginning and time and time again since then. Modding and free server hosting is coming in 0.63.
20: This is a loaded question implying that the feelings and actions they (DayZ devs and BI) have shown aren't their true feelings. If they give you the same answer as before, you think they're lying. If they were lying, they wouldn't admit it just because you asked. The devs are also obviously not happy about the massive delays (they've said as much), but are proud of what has been done (especially with 0.63).

What about my questions for you though? Can you answer those?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It boils down to frustration of delays, shear lack of patience, shear understanding of what is involved with this type of game and the size, and it also falls down to what you where originally expecting from Dayz.

 

I also think many people saw what .30 .40-.45 (exploded population for pvp) and expecting dayz to come along from that era. Now that everything has been moving forward to a complete revamp it mainly boils down to frustration and time delays.

 

Remember each and everyone that is playing or not play is still the same people that backed the game. Show some restraint for those with little to no patience for dayz at this time frame. Lets hope that .63 brings everyone closer, and that includes the mods too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

I for one believe that BI will deliver, and make an astounding game. I'm patient, and not imprudent like most of the peeps we get here. 5 months is nothing, now if it was a couple years then yes let's be worried.

I'm quite sure it is going to be a year. 

But true fans never complain. 

I just want old DayZ to come back, when actually clever people used to play and there were plenty of very interesting interactions. 

And I'm afraid that is lost forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

The gifs and videos showcasing what is (being) implemented aren't enough of a concrete and visual representation as to how the game is progressing?

The devs saying "0.63 and everything up to 1.0 will happen in 2018" with an attached feature list isn't enough of an estimate about when things are expected to be released?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the game is taking longer than most games, that's pretty much undeniable. But I think most of what has caused development to seemingly be slow, is that they have been primarily working on "behind the scenes" things that might not show immediate improvements/additions in-game, but that allow them to then make tangible, visible improvements to the actual gameplay at a faster pace.

The entire time this game has been developed, the devs have been wrestling against the restrictions of the ArmA 2 engine, which is why they decided it was worth it to spend a considerable amount of time changing over to the ArmA 3 Eden engine and Enfusion, now that all that stuff is out of the way, they can start getting to work on content, mechanics, bug fixes, and performance optimizations that we, as players, will be able to actually experience.

I'm no game developer or anything, but that is what I have gathered based on my reading and personally I think it's understandable. I'm excited to see what this year brings us, according to the devs we should be seeing frequent changes and additions to the game and I can't wait!

Plus, gamers are whiny fucking bitches, we pout and leave when things don't go our way, or if progress doesn't seem fast enough, but the second Beta hits I'm guessing the majority of us will be right back in Chernarus getting one-shotted by a 12 year old with an SVD and loving every god damn second of it. Most everyone I've ever seen try this game was blown away, and love it, that's why people get so passionate about it and want to see it become the game we all know it can be, and it can be frustrating when it feels like the game is going nowhere.

But personally, I'll be giving the devs another shot at this one. Despite all its flaws, there is simply no other game out there that does what DayZ does, no other survival shooter has such in-depth mechanics for EVERYTHING, or has such a large world, or has such realistic combat.(even more so once fucking full-sprint-zig-zagging is gone and staying concealed or getting to cover, returning fire, and flanking becomes the meta, as it is IRL)

When you're attempting to create something as ambitious as DayZ, especially since it hasn't really been done before so there isn't a blueprint to copy off of, you're bound to be tripped up and slowed down, what happens this year will determine whether DayZ recovers from those mis-steps and ends up being the game we've all been waiting for or whether it falls off and goes the way of so many other Early Access projects.

We shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Abaddon_GC said:

I agree that the game is taking longer than most games, that's pretty much undeniable. But I think most of what has caused development to seemingly be slow, is that they have been primarily working on "behind the scenes" things that might not show immediate improvements/additions in-game, but that allow them to then make tangible, visible improvements to the actual gameplay at a faster pace.

Correct, but:

8 hours ago, Abaddon_GC said:

The entire time this game has been developed, the devs have been wrestling against the restrictions of the ArmA 2 engine, which is why they decided it was worth it to spend a considerable amount of time changing over to the ArmA 3 Eden engine and Enfusion, now that all that stuff is out of the way, they can start getting to work on content, mechanics, bug fixes, and performance optimizations that we, as players, will be able to actually experience.

DayZ only implemented the sound system from Arma 3's Eden update. There is no "Arma 3 Eden engine," just the Arma 3 engine (RV4) which isn't being used for DayZ aside from that system. Also, there hasn't been a "switch" to Enfusion at any point. The engine DayZ was using has been rewritten component by component, and at some point they decided "this is different enough to have its own name, and we're calling it Enfusion." (see: Theseus Paradox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

The devs saying "0.63 and everything up to 1.0 will happen in 2018" with an attached feature list isn't enough of an estimate about when things are expected to be released?

Did anything ever come out of "devs saying... <promise x>"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Baty Alquawen
      Hello guys,
      We have a small update for Experimental servers. What is new today:
      stability improvements  security update We will also wipe experimental and stress test characters. Stress Test servers are down too.
      Have a nice weekend and enjoy the summer! 
    • By Baty Alquawen
      Hello everyone,
      we are sending the latest Stress test update to the Experimental branch right now and we hope we fixed a lot of annoying crashes and kicks. Let us know!
      further crash fixes fixes for issues with incorrect save and load of character fixes for memory leaks fixes for DB lockouts fixes for stability and kicking issues We are ready for all your crashes and kicks here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/ .
      Unfortunately, a character wipe is necessary. RIP.
      Have a nice Wednesday!

    • By Baty Alquawen
      Hello everyone!
      We have a new Experimental update here. Servers will be down for 30-60 minutes. What is new:
      further crash fixes fixes for issues with incorrect save and load of character fixes for memory leaks fixes for DB lockouts further fixes for stability and kicking issues  
      No character wipe this time.
      Thank you for playing on Experimental servers!
×