Baty Alquawen

Inventory wipe of all players carrying unreleased items

Survivors,

as some of you may have noticed or experienced first hand, some players have been recently spotted using weapons and other items that are not meant to be spawning in 0.62. These items are part of a pool of assets that were left in the game files, but were never properly configured for in-game usage.

These items can break the game in many different ways and were never a part of an official update simply because we decided to not continue with their implementation on the legacy technology of 0.62.

Besides the fact that using such items is causing technical issues, spawning them is only possible by modifying the game and therefore by breaching our current EULA and terms of use.

We’re planning to wipe the inventory of all players carrying the M249, Steyr Scout, Golden Desert Eagle, Saiga and all applicable magazines for these weapons. If you want to prevent losing all of your gear, please remove the aforementioned items from your inventory as soon as possible, and do not pick, use or store them.

For the time being, we are investigating the breach and will be taking measures in order to remove these items from the game.

Thank you.

• Like 22

Why is a Golden Desert Eagle planned for DayZ?

How does that even make sense? Neither US troops nor Russian troops carry these. So where will they be found? Heli crashes I'm guessing? Makes no sense.

Focus on what your fanbase wants, which is atmosphere and realism and a fucking authentic experience.

Edited by VVarhead

21 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

How does that even make sense? Neither US troops nor Russian troops carry these. So where will they be found? Heli crashes I'm guessing? Makes no sense.

Focus on what your fanbase wants, which is atmosphere and realism and a fucking authentic experience.

It's been in the game files for ages.  Perhaps it was included as something for modders to play around with, or maybe just for *gasp* fun.

45 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Don't talk about sense, when it's a game with zombie .. lol.

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

This was already asked before a very very long time ago. Why is there a golden desert eagle in dayz.... Why you ask? because there is drug lords everywhere in this world and some of them can afford a golden AK 47 or a golden desert eagle as a trophy or gift.

45 minutes ago, FRAkira123 said:

Don't talk about sense, when it's a game with zombie .. lol.

There are drug lord everywhere in this world.  Its not hard to believe some of them can afford golden guns for trophy or wedding gifts.

2 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Hey, it's only a game. who says that it will be in the final release?

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Perhaps there is only one for all servers together. You should not worry that you see this yourself ingame.

6 hours ago, VVarhead said:

That's what they do.

7 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Isn't that what all the President's bodyguard carry?

- say - while we're on that topic how come all the zombies are so skinny ?

42 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

- say - while we're on that topic how come all the zombies are so skinny ?

Because it isn't based in the US. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VVarhead said:

My theory is that it was put there to be funny... and also as another consumer of .357.

4 hours ago, TehTFB said:

Dammmunnn. Savage AF. 

• Like 1

got all excited when I saw 'inventory wipe' in the title.  thought .63 was here...

• Like 1

So in other words , m249 scheduled release is with .63 ? That would be awesome .

4 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

So in other words , m249 scheduled release is with .63 ? That would be awesome .

No.

Don't get too excited guys. Our goal for the initial release of 0.63 (in terms of firearms) is to stay within the already familiar arsenal.

Now let's get back to the original topic, we're still talking about 0.62 here. Thanks :)

On 10/21/2017 at 1:38 AM, TehTFB said:

Lmaoo RIP

I'm still curious where these guns were. Were they on the official servers? I know they had these guns on some modded/hacked servers. If they were on the official servers then that's something new for me, since I never saw one of these guns on the official servers.

Edit: Of course I'm not talking about the guns being in the loot table but people who managed to get a hold of these guns in some black magic way. I know people were able to hack in guns which weren't in the loot table. Remember the time when a lot of people had a shit ton of M4's even though they weren't in the loot table at that time?

Edited by IMT

which I do not quite understand. why are content that is not needed left in the game files. which does not exist can not be used. Is it a lot of work to remove content? Or is there a specific reason why it is as it is?

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

which I do not quite understand. why are content that is not needed left in the game files. which does not exist can not be used. Is it a lot of work to remove content? Or is there a specific reason why it is as it is?

Those items are work in proggress. They do exist in game files, but are purposely set not to spawn because they may not be fully complete or just there isn't working system for usage of those items. For example, I think you probably saw those weapons like Desert Eagle, Saiga 12K and etc. Those items are in game files, but they aren't spawning because they probably don't have right animation, sound or mechanics developed. Here's one example:

20170226153119_1.jpg

On 10/20/2017 at 8:12 PM, -Gews- said:

My theory is that it was put there to be funny... and also as another consumer of .357.

My best guess is US bases all over the world, bringing items what they could by heli then running out of Fuel. Could be UN, Could be NATO..