SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 hour ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

-snip-

It is not about the game BioHaze, it is about the team which can do much better with that amount of money.

-snip-

"You're not taking into account the amount of changes the project and team has gone through or the unique and often unforeseen technical problems they have dealt with." - Me

Your ignorant statements completely expose your lack of knowledge in DayZ dev.

Also, professionals don't work weekends.

People who are whipped by corporate overlords work weekends (see also: US citizens).

I'm glad BI encourages healthy working hours and proper rest for it's employees.

• Like 2

After a few years now of primarily playing Early Access games, I've learned to play when it's there and not stress when it's not. When it's broken, I find another game to play and I watch the news. I took a long time off after .59 and have only played .60 a few times (before the latest issues). Now, I'll wait till I hear the latest issues are fixed. Taking alpha breaks is recommended. No sense getting all worked up over what you know is going to be buggy - especially in experimental. The advances they made in performance with the initial experimental release of .60 indicate that they are really making progress. So, things may have stumbled at the moment. I'll wait till they're back up. I do this with all my EA games. Keeps me from chucking my computer at the wall and whining over something I know is going to be buggy going in. Now, I just whine about the ridiculous hotbar limitations when I play. ;)

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, entspeak said:

After a few years now of primarily playing Early Access games, I've learned to play when it's there and not stress when it's not. When it's broken, I find another game to play and I watch the news. I took a long time off after .59 and have only played .60 a few times (before the latest issues). Now, I'll wait till I hear the latest issues are fixed. Taking alpha breaks is recommended. No sense getting all worked up over what you know is going to be buggy - especially in experimental. The advances they made in performance with the initial experimental release of .60 indicate that they are really making progress. So, things may have stumbled at the moment. I'll wait till they're back up. I do this with all my EA games. Keeps me from chucking my computer at the wall and whining over something I know is going to be buggy going in. Now, I just whine about the ridiculous hotbar limitations when I play. ;)

That's exactly as I do. If I don't feel like playing DayZ for what ever reason then I play another game or do other stuff until I feel like playing again. Haven't played that much in 0.59 and now in 0.60 I'm playing DayZ again. I wonder if I will hit the 1k hour mark on stable 0.60 or experimental 0.60. :)

• Like 3

Greetings Survivors, For those testing on Exp/Unstable: The team is still hard at work on the issue with the login process on that branch. We will keep you informed as progress is made. Thank you all for your patience and participation!

EDIT: IMT beat me to it.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

From the time that I got in with Exp, I can still say that the game is too easy. At first I was all excited because finding food on the coast seemed harder, but that really isn't the case. I remember one of the status reports saying how canned food shouldn't be a reliable source of keeping yourself fed, basically making the player NEED to engage in the survival aspects, farming, hunting, fishing etc. However on this patch, killing a chicken and cooking it still seems more of an act of novelty than anything else. I get that the game is gonna ramp up the survivalness more and more, but really can't the spawns be a little less Wal-Marty?

I agree on that one. Still everyone is well fed, everyone has a firearm, no incentive or need to trade or keep each other alive. There definitely still is space for improvement.

there was the same question on twitter a while ago.

hicks said, there is so much canned food because we are playing the dev build, later it will reduced to an minimum and finding a can would be like birthday.

If i remember correct

• Like 1

don´t feed the "pestiferous_subterfuge" trolls :lol:

edit: i love my opera browser, but with this forum software i get plaque

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, wasnu said:

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

"You're not taking into account the amount of changes the project and team has gone through or the unique and often unforeseen technical problems they have dealt with." - Me

Your ignorant statements completely expose your lack of knowledge in DayZ dev.

Also, professionals don't work weekends.

People who are whipped by corporate overlords work weekends (see also: US citizens).

I'm glad BI encourages healthy working hours and proper rest for it's employees.

aha... ignorant ye? elaborate on that. Where do see ignorance.

I am following the development of this game since almost the very beginning and I know exactly how this team works :D Professionals do work weekends. You want examples or did you already realized that you're the ignorant one about the negative things, about the criticism towards Bohemia. If you love your project - you put all the time you got into it, not the other way. And what is wrong about me pointing out that with the amount of money the development could've been much further already? Is that false or what? :DDD try harder.

2 minutes ago, wasnu said:

don´t feed the "pestiferous_subterfuge" trolls :lol:

edit: i love my opera browser, but with this forum software i get plaque

See biohaze.....my cristal ball was right :)

• Like 1

Darn, I was certainly hoping to wake and find that the Exp Servers had risen once more. Unfortunate.

I wonder what the problem is exactly. Certain bugs, no doubt, but. . Curious.

Just now, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

-snip- And what is wrong about me pointing out that with the amount of money the development could've been much further already? Is that false or what? :DDD try harder.

Here is my last sliver of troll bait and then I will feed it no more.

Because money (contrary to popular belief) is not the solution to all problems.

Your statements ignore many of the facts RE: DayZ dev, therefore they are ignorant.

Goodbye.

1 minute ago, Espa said:

Darn, I was certainly hoping to wake and find that the Exp Servers had risen once more. Unfortunate.

I wonder what the problem is exactly. Certain bugs, no doubt, but. . Curious.

Get caught up on the thread before you post man.........there is problems with the log in process.

• Like 1

Just now, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Here is my last sliver of troll bait and then I will feed it no more.

Because money (contrary to popular belief) is not the solution to all problems.

Your statements ignore many of the facts RE: DayZ dev, therefore they are ignorant.

Goodbye.

Get caught up on the thread before you post man.........there is problems with the log in process.

:DDD yeah goodbye fanboy. LMAO. You can't even answer to questions which have a very good point, you simply skip them. Call me troll or whatever. You love to ignore the facts and stick to bullshit which they are feeding you :))) excellent wow. If my statements are ignoring facts, then show me the facts. I hear only bark bark bark

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-Snipper-

I read the Twitter feed, bud. I'm just a bit surprised at that being an issue. As I said, unfortunate. Likely some bugs, and I do wonder what the issue is holding it back.

No reason to be hostile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

:DDD yeah goodbye fanboy. LMAO. You can't even answer to questions which have a very good point, you simply skip them. Call me troll or whatever. You love to ignore the facts and stick to bullshit which they are feeding you :))) excellent wow. If my statements are ignoring facts, then show me the facts. I hear only bark bark bark

Troll post reported.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Espa said:

I read the Twitter feed, bud. I'm just a bit surprised at that being an issue. As I said, unfortunate. Likely some bugs, and I do wonder what the issue is holding it back.

No reason to be hostile.

It wasn't supposed to be hostile.

The bug is in the login process, I assumed you referenced random bugs instead of reading that it was the login process due to your generic comment about "bugs".... I mean, what else would it be, cats?

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It wasn't supposed to be hostile.

The bug is in the login process, I assumed you referenced random bugs instead of reading that it was the login process due to your generic comment about "bugs".... I mean, what else would it be, cats?

Hehe it might be. Cats are quite cute, ya know, and the Devs certainly have an affinity for them.

I understand though. I had just woken up though and found the comment a bit more stingy than it was likely intended. No worries.

Hopefully today they'll get that all sorted out, perhaps roll out a newer branch of their iteration. I know it's no where near complete, but I'm ready for .61 to be on its' way.

• Like 3

Just now, Espa said:

Hehe it might be. Cats are quite cute, ya know, and the Devs certainly have an affinity for them.

I understand though. I had just woken up though and found the comment a bit more stingy than it was likely intended. No worries.

Hopefully today they'll get that all sorted out, perhaps roll out a newer branch of their iteration. I know it's no where near complete, but I'm ready for .61 to be on its' way.

I need to word things less pointedly at times too, and make sure the tone comes across well.

As far as the next patch, when they said a rollback was counter productive I was more than happy to go without experimental this past weekend if it meant .61 sooner.

• Like 3

Time for grapefruit to troll :

i r need dayz .60/.61 give more plox , all other games have failed , dean hall dean hall , ***booey ***booey !

End troll transmission.

I can't wait to get back into game , .61 will be even better but I'll keep to .60 : the amazing fps , the crisp yet grim feeling the fog gives off when morning rolls around , the scarcity of ammo and of course the survivor dressed Zeds , excellent ! 

Damn I think my non-troll section of this post is more troll like simply because it's taunting us with something we can't have .... Soon boyz , soon .

edit : lol can ANYONE figure out what "swear word" was just half-censored ? It's hilarious.

Edited by blackberrygoo

12 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

From the time that I got in with Exp, I can still say that the game is too easy. At first I was all excited because finding food on the coast seemed harder, but that really isn't the case. I remember one of the status reports saying how canned food shouldn't be a reliable source of keeping yourself fed, basically making the player NEED to engage in the survival aspects, farming, hunting, fishing etc. However on this patch, killing a chicken and cooking it still seems more of an act of novelty than anything else. I get that the game is gonna ramp up the survivalness more and more, but really can't the spawns be a little less Wal-Marty?

I think it is very fun, just to try and identify what it is the devs are shooting for on some patches. They can manipulate things in any way they want and cause us to unknowingly test what they want. On one particular patch it was insanely hard to survive. It was awesome! Basically I believe that if they wanted us to test cars and guns, they would make it easy to eat and drink and live and they would have lots of cars and parts and guns etc.. to make that testing happen. I am pretty sure I need to do some fishing and bow hunting when it comes back up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

About the servers, do you see anyone NOT expecting the servers to be up by monday (besides me) ? No, you a lot of sad faces who thought they will get back on 0.60 on Monday. 

It is also completely up to me to decide if I like this dev. team or not and you can't do anything about it but to play a dayz:sa superhero. DayZ is a very unique ZPA and I want to play only this survival game. Not h1z1, not any other game and I have my reasons for that but this does NOT change the fact that the amount of money which has been gathered is more than enough to hire professionals who would also work weekends. It would also show that the developers actually love their own project and work on it as much as it's possible. If you constantly run away from work on weekends (sure you can, sure you have a family and stuff, nobody is judging you for that, but makes you just an average coder/whatever and many, many others would do your job much better and faster, fact).

It is not about the game BioHaze, it is about the team which can do much better with that amount of money.

I dont thin any of us expected the servers to be online today.  No one ever promissed they would be.  No programmer in the world can clap and have code erite itself instantly.  If they started working on it today then they will need time.  We just all had optomistic hopes.

Also the road map was all goals.  I dont think the devs have ever promissed us anything at all never mind concrete timelines.

As for your right to form your own oppinions of the devs.  That is correct.  I and im sure everyone else here just wish you would keep them to yourself as they are incredably uneducated and a waste of our and your time.  The devs are working hard and are good at what they do and deserve weekends just as much as everyone else.

As for hiring more people to work weekends?  I am currently writing a book in my spare time.  If you read the first 16 chapters and liked it and wanted it faster? Too bad.  Why would i trust my art to someone else for creation.  Dayz is their book and if they decide to make changes or write it slower that is up to them.  It is still their book to write.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

As for hiring more people to work weekends?  I am currently writing a book in my spare time.  If you read the first 16 chapters and liked it and wanted it faster? Too bad.  Why would i trust my art to someone else for creation.  Dayz is their book and if they decide to make changes or write it slower that is up to them.  It is still their book to write.  

When you hire people, you tell them what to do :D As simple as that. If you hire somebody to do graphics, you will have to believe in his skills and creativity because you have to give him some freedom to work on models but there is not much to discuss when for example a model for a specific weapon has to be created, you stick to the historical accuracy. If you hire a coder, you definitely tell him what to do. You're ofcourse right about you writing your book, not anyone else, you will have a conflict of thoughts and how the story should go but DayZ is not a book and your comparison between a book and a game is not really legit. The devs, the "boss" definitely does not want it to be "written" slowly, it has to stick to the plan (the Roadmap, but they fail every single time, fact).

Ofcourse I understand that the devs are not jerking around and working hard on the game and please don't think I am blaming them :D That's what these typical, not so wise fanboys see because they simply explode in their heads when they read something negative about the game they love and are not really reading further. There is just a couple of facts which have not changed since the very beginning of DayZ:SA - 1st.  the devs manage to fail to stick to the plan every single time. 2nd. this is by far the worst alpha in the gaming history and this is not a hate speech, it's a goddamn fact :DD deal with it fanboys. 3rd the developers understand themselves that the combination of arma 2 and arma 3 engine was a mistake. So... I will just quit on all that after this one last sentence - solve the problems instead of making more (more bugs, glitches, instability). 

And yeah... the work is going on, everything is more or less just FINE but you cannot deny the fact that the work could've been done on a much higher level of professionalism. It is not really a reply to you, FunkInYourTrunk but to all these ignorant fanboys.

Peace and I hope to see you on experimentals soon. My nickname will be Beyonderz, I am mostly friendly

Edited by pestiferous_subterfuge