SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

30 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I vote we roll back to .55

No .55, and I highly doubt they'd be that dumb to go back that far. Is there a reason you want to go back to .55?

59 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

No .55, and I highly doubt they'd be that dumb to go back that far. Is there a reason you want to go back to .55?

I was joking but the reason 55 was appealing was because thats when food was super rare and it really felt like a survival game. Although a lot of people bitched about it being a apple picking simulator, I found the difficulty challenging. It only lasted a week or so before they lifted the loot embargo and it went back to easy mode. IMHO it was the best build since I started playing back in version .30.

• Like 8

I just get the feeling the devteam is like this from time to time..

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

I drowned my sorrow for the lose of a patch for my Czech game in good Czech food at Bohemian Hall beer garden (oldest in NYC, over 100yrs).

Klobasa (a lot like Kielbasa) with kraut and shmear of mustard on slices of toasted bread.

I wonder which of these beers offered at the hall the devs prefer or would recommend:

Czechvar

Staropramen (Made in Stary Sobor?)

Brouczech

Krusovice Light

Anyway, where's all the Klobasa and hard sausage in Chernarus? The zambeez eat all the snausages?

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 6

first they took our beans, then our servers and finally all the Klobasa???

And I thought we were friends :O

I blame the bugs

• Like 2

So I spent the better part of my day doing a job on a small farm seeing little rust coloured chickens off in the distance, though about DayZ quite frequently. The chicken killing simulator aspect has been pretty entertain g as I run laps of my little island seeing what loot respawn looks like.

So what I've seen this week is you can still hover in a small area improving and fortifying your stats, I can't surplus canned food like I have been able to previously.  If they dial back the multiple raincoat with food in the pockets at boats I wouldn't have survived and thrived on Skalatisy without farming. The only reason to explore is still to seek leet pvp gear or for the sake of exploring as far as I can tell the CLE didn't force me.

Was looking forward to going all axe murder on a chicken this evening, Seems the servers are going to be down for the evening though :(

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So I spent the better part of my day doing a job on a small farm seeing little rust coloured chickens off in the distance, though about DayZ quite frequently. The chicken killing simulator aspect has been pretty entertain g as I run laps of my little island seeing what loot respawn looks like.

So what I've seen this week is you can still hover in a small area improving and fortifying your stats, I can't surplus canned food like I have been able to previously.  If they dial back the multiple raincoat with food in the pockets at boats I wouldn't have survived and thrived on Skalatisy. The only reason to explore is still to seek leet pvp gear or for the sake of exploring as far as I can tell the CLE didn't force me.

Was looking forward to going all axe murder on a chicken this evening, Seems the servers are going to be down for the evening though :(

never seen someone who had such bad luck with exp really :p

my 1st person toon is still alive since day one. My 3rd person toon got killed in a freak misunderstanding yesterday. Emupls :D

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

my 1st person toon is still alive since day one. My 3rd person toon got killed in a freak misunderstanding yesterday. Emupls :D

I took some time off work and played the last two experimental cycles 10+ hours a day seven days a week.

I haven't got in any decent hours up until this week, Once I have my essential cowboy hat and wellies I stop yoloing only die to glitches.   

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I said I was sorry.  Flashlights make me nervous.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I took some time off work and played the last two experimental cycles 10+ hours a day seven days a week.

I haven't got in any decent hours up until this week, Once I have my essential cowboy hat and wellies I stop yoloing only die to glitches.   

Barn stairs... They just casually bide their time, patiently waiting in the dark, plotting, scheming....

They KNOW when you have good loot... 

• Like 6

It's morning and still no info yet, what the hell Bohemia? No just kidding of course, it's 06:20 in my and their timezone, ghehe.

3 hours ago, barnabus said:

Oh my God, they just ran in.

1 hour ago, Salty seadog said:

Barn stairs... They just casually bide their time, patiently waiting in the dark, plotting, scheming....

They KNOW when you have good loot... 

Really, was it necessary? It still hurts for me. That's how I died the first time.

Now a tip for our younger generation of players: never play DayZ when under the influence of alcohol. It lets you make dumb decisions like logging off on a two-story barn and gets you pushed off the next day by a zombie.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, IMT said:

*snip*

Now a tip for our younger generation of players: never play DayZ when under the influence of alcohol. It lets you make dumb decisions like logging off on a two-story barn and gets you pushed off the next day by a zombie.

I don't know about that, I do some of my best "testing" after a few beers.

I let my second oldest son have his first few drinks on a guy's night playing DayZ, it ended with testing if serpentine and 600ms pings gave us the ability to dodge bullets.

It didn't, good times. 

So, I've been at work pretty much all day today, which kept myself out of the loop today.. in terms of DayZ Exp branch being offline until further notice.  I do believe a tear ran down my cheek.  Which I quickly wiped away, of course.  

I will carry on...

I will.. carry on. 

• Like 2

I can't wait to see my character die when the experimental servers come back up. /s

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I drowned my sorrow for the lose of a patch for my Czech game in good Czech food at Bohemian Hall beer garden (oldest in NYC, over 100yrs).

Klobasa (a lot like Kielbasa) with kraut and shmear of mustard on slices of toasted bread.

I wonder which of these beers offered at the hall the devs prefer or would recommend:

Czechvar

Staropramen (Made in Stary Sobor?)

Brouczech

Krusovice Light

Anyway, where's all the Klobasa and hard sausage in Chernarus? The zambeez eat all the snausages?

Take Budwiser the original :-)

D7nUa46.jpg

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, BCBasher said:

So what I've seen this week is you can still hover in a small area improving and fortifying your stats, I can't surplus canned food like I have been able to previously.  If they dial back the multiple raincoat with food in the pockets at boats I wouldn't have survived and thrived on Skalatisy without farming. The only reason to explore is still to seek leet pvp gear or for the sake of exploring as far as I can tell the CLE didn't force me.

Yeah my alter ego's favorite meal is chicken boobs lately.

Since 0.60 it's mostly like this: i hike throuh the rurals, find some small town, no cans but six chickens to axe down and sweet chilin and barbequeing afterwards:

wGzTka6.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, barnabus said:

Leeroy got his own achievement (which was to do the same mistake has he did) in the game after this epic fail went viral. Lucky dumbass..

(Ahh how times go by. No girl, no kids and plenty of time playin WoW ...) 

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

15 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

[img ] your image here [/img ]  - remove extra spaces from inside brackets, add url from site like imgur.

I'm able to just paste the URL into the reply box and it auto-converts to an image for me.

• Like 1

So are the servers up and running at the moment and are stable?

Nope. No servers with the latest build were online 5 minutes ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Looks like there's new icons coming to DayZ.

Aren't  some of those from ArmA?

7 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

Steam just downloaded a 104mb update. Let's see if the servers are up.

No servers yet unfortunately.