SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

So. . Just curious. . But does Bohemia not have a Weekend crew? Seems a bit silly that they can shut off the most popular servers for the Weekend (Where people have the most time). .

I mean, why not do that on a Monday or something? lol.

2 hours ago, Batlan said:

I've been playing SA in short sessions for past 6 months or so, mainly just exploring towns and looting but I never see any zombies. 

Will they reimplement zeds in 0.60 once it goes stable with all the "oh shit so many zombies" or will they be more or less not a threat yet again?

Played 1PP server in Stable last night. Lots of zeds in the military bases. Since there sound is messed up and they are fun to snipe, I pick them off from a distance and then relax for a bit and have a snack and then look and see if there are any more and then slip down into the base and snoop around unhindered. If your not seeing any zombies, it's probably because someone was there recently.

• Like 1

The zombies I ran into in .60 were a shock on several occasions because they were inside houses mulling around looking for brains. I'm still not sure about their reacting to gunshots because I rarely had anything better then a shovel to fight with. Yes, sometimes I just walk slowly and stop and stand for a bit and try to resemble a zombie, so players won't shoot me so much. So many different dressed zombies now, I might be able to find some clothes to blend in better. %^}  Now I did see an experimental server last night, but it asked for a password. It was 0/60 and got me excited for a moment. Back to stable for awhile until the issue is resolved.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Espa said:

So. . Just curious. . But does Bohemia not have a Weekend crew? Seems a bit silly that they can shut off the most popular servers for the Weekend (Where people have the most time). .

Seems like it but their Twitter said something about that a rollback would slow down the whole process of pushing exp to stable.

i blame the bugs

8 minutes ago, Excanto said:

The zombies I ran into in .60 were a shock on several occasions because they were inside houses mulling around looking for brains. I'm still not sure about their reacting to gunshots because I rarely had anything better then a shovel to fight with. Yes, sometimes I just walk slowly and stop and stand for a bit and try to resemble a zombie, so players won't shoot me so much. So many different dressed zombies now, I might be able to find some clothes to blend in better. %^}  Now I did see an experimental server last night, but it asked for a password. It was 0/60 and got me excited for a moment. Back to stable for awhile until the issue is resolved.

I've noticed that the zeds get semi-aggro when I fire my Amphibia in town. They slowly start to lurch towards where the shots came from. Not sure if it works with other suppressed guns as well.

Loud gunshots will draw all the aggro towards you of course

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

There was a tripple stabbing with one fatality and a separate hostage situation in my small town of 3000 yesterday. I wasn't involved in either but my town pride swelled that someone(s) took the initiative to get Chemainus on the map.  

I had never heard of your murals before today.  Maybe the chamber of commerce should scale-back their claim of worldwide fame...

Coincidentally, my town has murals on many of the large downtown walls.  We marvel about it every year, how the graffiti never seems to find its way onto any of the murals.  We also have the highest per-capita violent crime rates in the state; largely segregated to the meth-heads/indigenous populations, with a few cartel hits there and there.

Edited by emuthreat

So I bit the bullet and rolled back to 0.59 for the long weekend DayZ fix and in game my frame rates are 10 to 12 with lowest settings. I have supper already prepared in the freezer so maybe its time to actually go outside and see how my lawn is doing? Life is good here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I had never heard of your murals before today.  Maybe the chamber of commerce should scale-back their claim of worldwide fame...

Coincidentally, my town has murals on many of the large downtown walls.  We marvel about it every year, how the graffiti never seems to find its way onto any of the murals.  We also have the highest per-capita violent crime rates in the state; largely segregated to the meth-heads/indigenous populations, with a few cartel hits there and there.

For me here on the prairies, my car stopped at a level crossing, I see grain car after grain car rolling by and some graffiti, in my opinion, is art.

Damn the Gods, Sunday has a new level of low without DayZ.  I sincerely hope that Monday we get back online, and that Wednesday is the next Iteration of the .60 types. It's getting crazy how long and how many bugs there seem to be, though this be the best patch I've ever seen.

Just give us the amazing atmosphere, the Zed animations, and bump us to .61 so we can start getting different sound effects for guns (Type, Proximity, Direction, Indoors/Outdoors) and possibly scarier zombie sounds/animations - As well as their dynamic spawning.

I mean. . It's almost as if. . We're living on a prayer. .

Thank you Bohemia for doing this in the week-end I had no time to play. I feel sorry for the people who could and wanted to play.

Hope they are back tonight or tomorrow of course, haven't played for a while to be honest..

18 hours ago, Espa said:

They shut the servers down for some issues and because they don't have a week-end crew it needs to wait until monday. Also remember it is an alpha game and the experimental branch, you can always rollback to stable if you want.

I guess they shutdown the servers to keep the whining about the issues away. I'd have rather no servers so that I know I'm not able to play than trying to play and having a lot of annoying issues.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

From the time that I got in with Exp, I can still say that the game is too easy. At first I was all excited because finding food on the coast seemed harder, but that really isn't the case. I remember one of the status reports saying how canned food shouldn't be a reliable source of keeping yourself fed, basically making the player NEED to engage in the survival aspects, farming, hunting, fishing etc. However on this patch, killing a chicken and cooking it still seems more of an act of novelty than anything else. I get that the game is gonna ramp up the survivalness more and more, but really can't the spawns be a little less Wal-Marty?

• Like 5

All were waiting on 0.60 servers including @summit1g..  Anyway, hopefully they get the servers online later this evening, because the company lose a lot of money when they are offline - 0.59 is a terrible low FPS stable branch patch. 

Edited by ori42

22 hours ago, IMT said:

I guess they shutdown the servers to keep the whining about the issues away. I'd have rather no servers so that I know I'm not able to play than trying to play and having a lot of annoying issues.

The servers are going down because the team does realize how huge the issue is. It is not just one issue, it is an issue which has to be re-applied to all the item base because and I am more than sure it has to do with the new rendering. Therefore it is a lot of work. But.... KEEP THE WHINING AWAY? You are not serious right? We are here to test, to support by testing (playing) but now it is simply not possible. If you shut down the servers because of what you call "whining" which is called "criticism" you show your supporters that you don't give a duck about them and what they think. I am not the one who is here to blame the developers or so but please stop being so naive and believe in what the devs are promising. The road map is a JOKE and there is simply no way they will be able to stick to that plan. This dev. team has proven it us many, many, many times, again and again that they are capable of making it only worse. There is no way that this team would come and say "HEY! We said monday but we're done quicker than expected! We're launching the servers on Sunday" - something like THIS will never happen, never. To be honest with you? I knew the servers will not be up on Monday :DDD I simply knew it because I know how this crew works, specially weekends hahahaha (vodka + shashlik and tell me it's not the case I will laugh straight into your face)

3 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

-snip-To be honest with you? I knew the servers will not be up on Monday :DDD I simply knew it because I know how this crew works, specially weekends hahahaha (vodka + shashlik and tell me it's not the case I will laugh straight into your face)

They didn't say server will be back Monday, they said they would begin to deal with the problem Monday.

You're also not taking into account the amount of changes the project and team has gone through or the unique and often unforeseen technical problems they have dealt with.

If you have so little faith in this project maybe you should not be involved?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

The servers are going down because the team does realize how huge the issue is. It is not just one issue, it is an issue which has to be re-applied to all the item base because and I am more than sure it has to do with the new rendering. Therefore it is a lot of work. But.... KEEP THE WHINING AWAY? You are not serious right? We are here to test, to support by testing (playing) but now it is simply not possible. If you shut down the servers because of what you call "whining" which is called "criticism" you show your supporters that you don't give a duck about them and what they think. I am not the one who is here to blame the developers or so but please stop being so naive and believe in what the devs are promising. The road map is a JOKE and there is simply no way they will be able to stick to that plan. This dev. team has proven it us many, many, many times, again and again that they are capable of making it only worse. There is no way that this team would come and say "HEY! We said monday but we're done quicker than expected! We're launching the servers on Sunday" - something like THIS will never happen, never. To be honest with you? I knew the servers will not be up on Monday :DDD I simply knew it because I know how this crew works, specially weekends hahahaha (vodka + shashlik and tell me it's not the case I will laugh straight into your face)

You're saying I am naive? Apparently you haven't been on the forums or other social media of DayZ a lot. People are/were complaining all the time that they couldn't join a server, that they couldn't play, bla bla bla. This build made it even more unplayable so instead of keeping it how it was and let all the squeakers go boohoo on the social media they took them offline. And you know why they will never say "It is finished on sunday instead of monday"? Because they also have weekends. So they are currently busy trying to fix the problem and I'm sure they will come with an update or what ever solution soon to put the servers back online.

If you had followed the whole process and followed all their progress you would know better than calling the road map and the developers a joke. But yeah, once in a while someone like you stops by to spew some shit and think they know a lot about what they are spewing but in reality they don't have their facts straight.

37 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Anyway, hopefully they get the servers online later this evening, because the company lose a lot of money when they are offline

huh?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

If you have so little faith in this project maybe you should not be involved?

I knew that someone like you will come exactly with this ridiculous bullshit. A true fucking superhero of Bohemia (edited, wrote Bethesda instead), a superfan of the game.

First. It is not about the faith, it is about the real time, current state and the way it's being done. I am following the game and development from almost day one and "You're also not taking into account the amount of changes the project and team has gone through or the unique and often unforeseen technical problems they have dealt with." has nothing to do with the current state of the patch, you know it exactly. Let's stay on topic alright? Great. 

About the servers, do you see anyone NOT expecting the servers to be up by monday (besides me) ? No, you a lot of sad faces who thought they will get back on 0.60 on Monday. 

It is also completely up to me to decide if I like this dev. team or not and you can't do anything about it but to play a dayz:sa superhero. DayZ is a very unique ZPA and I want to play only this survival game. Not h1z1, not any other game and I have my reasons for that but this does NOT change the fact that the amount of money which has been gathered is more than enough to hire professionals who would also work weekends. It would also show that the developers actually love their own project and work on it as much as it's possible. If you constantly run away from work on weekends (sure you can, sure you have a family and stuff, nobody is judging you for that, but makes you just an average coder/whatever and many, many others would do your job much better and faster, fact).

It is not about the game BioHaze, it is about the team which can do much better with that amount of money.

On this note, you guys can reply, quote me as much as you want - waste of your time. I said what I wanted and why I am actually here is to be able to chat about the 0.60 experimental branch. 

Edited by pestiferous_subterfuge

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

You're saying I am naive? Apparently you haven't been on the forums or other social media of DayZ a lot. People are/were complaining all the time that they couldn't join a server, that they couldn't play, bla bla bla. This build made it even more unplayable so instead of keeping it how it was and let all the squeakers go boohoo on the social media they took them offline. And you know why they will never say "It is finished on sunday instead of monday"? Because they also have weekends. So they are currently busy trying to fix the problem and I'm sure they will come with an update or what ever solution soon to put the servers back online.

If you had followed the whole process and followed all their progress you would know better than calling the road map and the developers a joke. But yeah, once in a while someone like you stops by to spew some shit and think they know a lot about what they are spewing but in reality they don't have their facts straight.

no no it's you guys being naive and protecting the game. Why are you protecting the game or devs? :D I really want to have an answer to this questions since I am not mixing here anyone with shit. If they put a roadmap which seem to be like a joke for me simply because they can't stick to it due to lack of time - their mistake, why am I the bad guy? wrong lol. If the devs are promising stuff but not doing it - their mistake, why am I the bad guy? wrong again. So yeah, naive you are :D  And I quoted you only because of you calling it "whining" where it is "criticism" and you don't have to deal with it, the devs are, therefore your "protecting" is just absurd, therefore I am not even going to read any of that stuff. I all want is to stay informed about the exp. servers and the current peformance. 

12 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

new that someone like you will come exactly with this ridiculous bullshit. A true fucking superhero of Bethesda, a superfan of the game.

First. It is not about the faith, it is about the real time, current state and the way it's being done. I am following the game and development from almost day one and "You're also not taking into account the amoun of changes the project and team has gone through or the unique and often unforeseen technical problems they have dealt with." has nothing to do with the current state of the patch, you know it exactly. Let's stay on topic alright? Great. 

About the servers, do you see anyone NOT expecting the servers to be up by monday (besides me) ? No, you a lot of sad faces who thought they will get back on 0.60 on Monday. 

It is also completely up to be to decide if I like this dev. team or not and you can't do anything about it but to play a dayz:sa superhero. DayZ is a very unique ZPA and I want to play only this survival game. Not h1z1, not any other game and I have my reasons for that but this does NOT change the fact that the amount of money which has been gathered is more than enough to hire professionals who would also work weekends. It would also show that the developers actually love their own project and work on it as much as it's possible. If you constantly run away from work on weekends (sure you can, sure you have a family and stuff, nobody is judging you for that, but makes you just an average coder/whatever and many, many others would do your job much better and faster, fact).

It is not about the game BioHaze, it is about the team which can do much better with that amount of money.

On this note, you guys can reply, quote me as much as you want - waste of your time. I said what I wanted and why I am actually here is to be able to chat about the 0.60 experimental branch. 

• Like 5

Prestige toys submarine, maybe your crazy thoughts are justified , maybe youre just a little impatient and a little insane  ... I'm guessing it's the latter . Just chill out for a few more months and then come back , because shitting on the dev team , their vision , and anyone who doesn't share your opinion isn't really working in your favor !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, themightylc said:

huh?

no one streaming dayz with 10 fps - and it`s not rocket science.

Edited by ori42