SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

So... I will just quit on all that after this one last sentence - ....

thank you

Again , what the fuggedy fuck are you fucking talking about ?

JTnMBvu.png

• Like 6

it´s not my native language, but for me it´s small talk.

so, sun is shining, wife is playing, daughter is sleeping, beer is cold....

everything fine for me. if i missunderstand something.

no problem, cause beer is cold ;)

• Like 6

This update is cursed, first we wait 6 months on it and then its not working 4 days.

Im afraid we wont see base building and dirt bike before autumn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, igor-vk said:

This update is cursed, first we wait 6 months on it and then its not working 4 days.

Im afraid we wont see base building and dirt bike before autumn.

I`m fine that base building is delayed, but I really dislike low FPS sessions due to migraine in 0.59. 

Hopefully they fix the login server soon this week. 

Edited by ori42

26 minutes ago, BlackGrimReaper said:

Why the 0.60 servers are still down? when servers comeback online ? :(

Welcome to the community!

Whenever they get around to it is the answer.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

From the time that I got in with Exp, I can still say that the game is too easy. At first I was all excited because finding food on the coast seemed harder, but that really isn't the case. I remember one of the status reports saying how canned food shouldn't be a reliable source of keeping yourself fed, basically making the player NEED to engage in the survival aspects, farming, hunting, fishing etc. However on this patch, killing a chicken and cooking it still seems more of an act of novelty than anything else. I get that the game is gonna ramp up the survivalness more and more, but really can't the spawns be a little less Wal-Marty?

I completely agree.  With the abundance of chickens, the developers should remove ALL prepared food items for a trial period.  If someone cannot be bothered to kill a chicken or two, start a fire, and feed themselves, then they should probably go find another game to play sooner rather than later.

Does anyone find it objectionable that my feelings towards people who would refuse to hunt, fish or farm to feed themselves is flatly: GFY?

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

I`m fine that base building is delayed, but I really dislike low FPS sessions due to migraine in 0.59. 

Agree, that flickering gives one headaches. 

Just now, emuthreat said:

I completely agree.  With the abundance of chickens, the developers should remove ALL prepared food items for a trial period.  If someone cannot be bothered to kill a chicken or two, start a fire, and feed themselves, then they should probably go find another game to play sooner rather than later.

Does anyone find it objectionable that my feelings towards people who would refuse to hunt, fish and feed themselves is GFY?

We had no other choise than to kill a chicken and make a fire. I had the axe, my buddy found a pickaxe, found a spot to search for stoned pretty quickly in a small town. Overall it took us maybe 5-7 minutes to have some nice food.

A few moments before that I killed a deer which was sort of stuck between and in trashcans. I shot it, made steaks. We grilled them aswell and that's where we found out that the deer has been poisoned by somebody :D We both became sick lol. Is there a bug or somebody really poisoned a deer? We also didn't see any other animals (only chicken)

5 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

We had no other choise than to kill a chicken and make a fire. I had the axe, my buddy found a pickaxe, found a spot to search for stoned pretty quickly in a small town. Overall it took us maybe 5-7 minutes to have some nice food.

A few moments before that I killed a deer which was sort of stuck between and in trashcans. I shot it, made steaks. We grilled them aswell and that's where we found out that the deer has been poisoned by somebody :D We both became sick lol. Is there a bug or somebody really poisoned a deer? We also didn't see any other animals (only chicken)

Well that deer ate some poison shite from the trashcans i'd say :-)

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

3 minutes ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

Can't poison a live deer afik, other patches have had cooked meat make you sick though. If you can repeat it its a bug, last time that was happening you could eat raw meat through it though because you couldn't get sick while already sick also worth testing if that's the case.

19 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Welcome to the community!

Whenever they get around to it is the answer.

Ty dude .. :)) do u know when they come back online ... bc dayz last week told servers down for the weekend and the week is end

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Does anyone find it objectionable that my feelings towards people who would refuse to hunt, fish or farm to feed themselves is flatly: GFY?

That's exactly what I think too but unfortunately the playerbase that disagrees only logs in, signs up, chimes in to say stuff like "it's not fair that apple picking gets in the way of my pew-pew". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlackGrimReaper said:

Ty dude .. :)) do u know when they come back online ... bc dayz last week told servers down for the weekend and the week is end

You know as well as we do when, the experimental branch especially is not guaranteed available in any way, go play stable is the only solution and we all just have to deal.  

13 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's exactly what I think too but unfortunately the playerbase that disagrees only logs in, signs up, chimes in to say stuff like "it's not fair that apple picking gets in the way of my pew-pew". 

I propose to go axe killing the chickens or unload ammo into them and you got both: food and the exitement of beeing full on darwin.

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Hopefully they fix the login server soon this week.

This week? THIS WEEEK??????

Are you insane????

JK

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

edit : lol can ANYONE figure out what "swear word" was just half-censored ? It's hilarious.

As I understand it, the letters B, A, B, A, can mean different things to different cultures.  In Russian and Ukrainian, it means grandmother; In Farsi, it means father, but is commonly used informally.  In southern Asian cultures it is used as a prefix of honor.  The only offensive usage I've uncovered is a pejorative term for Brazilians, used in Massachusets; though it is used as slang for defecation by certain regional populations in the UK.

I still don't understand why it is automatically censored.  I even asked a moderator once, and got a vague answer that some cultures found that it carries offensive connotations.

3 hours ago, pestiferous_subterfuge said:

When you hire people, you tell them what to do :D As simple as that. If you hire somebody to do graphics, you will have to believe in his skills and creativity because you have to give him some freedom to work on models but there is not much to discuss when for example a model for a specific weapon has to be created, you stick to the historical accuracy. If you hire a coder, you definitely tell him what to do. You're ofcourse right about you writing your book, not anyone else, you will have a conflict of thoughts and how the story should go but DayZ is not a book and your comparison between a book and a game is not really legit. The devs, the "boss" definitely does not want it to be "written" slowly, it has to stick to the plan (the Roadmap, but they fail every single time, fact).

Ofcourse I understand that the devs are not jerking around and working hard on the game and please don't think I am blaming them :D That's what these typical, not so wise fanboys see because they simply explode in their heads when they read something negative about the game they love and are not really reading further. There is just a couple of facts which have not changed since the very beginning of DayZ:SA - 1st.  the devs manage to fail to stick to the plan every single time. 2nd. this is by far the worst alpha in the gaming history and this is not a hate speech, it's a goddamn fact :DD deal with it fanboys. 3rd the developers understand themselves that the combination of arma 2 and arma 3 engine was a mistake. So... I will just quit on all that after this one last sentence - solve the problems instead of making more (more bugs, glitches, instability). 

And yeah... the work is going on, everything is more or less just FINE but you cannot deny the fact that the work could've been done on a much higher level of professionalism. It is not really a reply to you, FunkInYourTrunk but to all these ignorant fanboys.

Peace and I hope to see you on experimentals soon. My nickname will be Beyonderz, I am mostly friendly

Do you mind if I ask you how many developers and publishers you think use the Real Virtuality engine in games that they produce?  How many technical institutes have programs teaching game development using RV as a learning platform?  What about Enfusion?  Do you see lots of people well-versed in that engine at this time?

What I'm getting at, is that the technology Bohemia is working with is proprietary and produced in-house; subsequently, it is exceedingly difficult to find people proficient in the use of such technology, who are not already employed by Bohemia.

Given the specificity of the project, and the very small niche occupied by their proprietary technology, it is simply not reasonable to expect them to have any significant availability of qualified applicants.  Furthermore, it has already been stated by the developers that it would be prohibitively time-consuming to hire and train a new staff to assist with development at this stage.  i hope this has answered your questions about why Bohemia is not dedicating more resources to this project--because they simply do not exist in any usable form.  Now if you would be so nice as to fuck off already... 

That would be greatly appreciated by everyone here but yourself.

34 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Can't poison a live deer afik, other patches have had cooked meat make you sick though. If you can repeat it its a bug, last time that was happening you could eat raw meat through it though because you couldn't get sick while already sick also worth testing if that's the case.

He wasn't talking about this patch.  Cooking is working fine, aside from the problem with the sticks.  In other words, hasn't fed himself real food since .58, and expects his demands for a finished game to be met by yesterday.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

*snip*

He wasn't talking about this patch.  Cooking is working fine, aside from the problem with the sticks.  In other words, hasn't fed himself real food since .58, and expects his demands for a finished game to be met by yesterday.

Yeah didn't read back before posting, just got back from an IRL adventure weekend with monster trucks and beer and such.

Looks like I missed some good fishing here though ;)

Are the servers back up, lol?

Ok 2 mins and I'm off work and heading home and and and...where the heck are those oak trees again? I tried to make a hand drill to light a fire and I grabbed a hundred bark from a hundred different trees and no oak bark..and the big oak looking tree wouldn't give me bark...BARK! Also..Bark!

• Like 1

@Excanto  Protip: You can now use pine bark to make a hand drill kit, as of .59.

Those big Oak-Looking trees cannot be cut into firewood, sticks, or bark, for some strange reason.  I know I've tried to cut down the one East of the Pogorevka gas station at least a half-dozen times this year.  But now I'm interested in finding out what species it is.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2