boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

branches/experimentalprep/buildid: 908121 › 923585

Seems as though Exp and Stable both got updated (since they are on the same build at the moment), probably for something related to BattlEye.

On a good note: last year we received our first Experimental build of a new version (0.53) on January 15th. I'm thinking it won't be long until we are all back to testing new stuff again :)

• Like 2

Yeah i've been bored again with playing unfortunately and am ready for .60 exp to be here. Glad to see you guys using the TS, that's what its there for. Please let me know if you need anything with regards to it. I'll be around this weekend. 

• Like 4

Oh man! I got word of assignment today >.< I'll likely be departing next week to either Japan or Prague for the USAF.

Devs. . Let me taste .60 before I go away for months. . Or smell it, at least. . *Sniffle*

• Like 1

Oh man! I got word of assignment today >.< I'll likely be departing next week to either Japan or Prague for the USAF.

Devs. . Let me taste .60 before I go away for months. . Or smell it, at least. . *Sniffle*

I totally recommend going AWOL in Prague and bringing donuts and coffee to BI to seek "asylum".

Once inside you will discover the horrible truth, DayZ 1.0 is complete and they are merely releasing every increment of development to milk sales for years! 

OR that it's being coded by manatees.

OpgY75x.jpg

• Like 5

I totally recommend going AWOL in Prague and bringing donuts and coffee to BI to seek "asylum".

Once inside you will discover the horrible truth, DayZ 1.0 is complete and they are merely releasing every increment of development to milk sales for years! 

OR that it's being coded by manatees.

OpgY75x.jpg

Lmao! Oh man. . What a deception!

Technically if I did go to Prague, I could seek out Bohemia. . and my job is Intelligence. . ;D lol.

(Totally kidding, don't watch out for an unassuming guy!)

• Like 1

Any idea on the update ?

Er, there was 2 spates of Steam DB activity earlier but nothing came down the tubes and I only saw 2 experimental servers up earlier.

A US East server and an AUS server.

I had a 3 mb update on steam. I would go look at the changelog, but that went the way of the dodo it seems.

Er, there was 2 spates of Steam DB activity earlier but nothing came down the tubes and I only saw 2 experimental servers up earlier.

A US East server and an AUS server.

I checked the list, and neither of those are actually Experimental servers. I've known about for a while and have been meaning to report the "AUS 0-P" server (0-P? Really? They're not very good at this whole faking it thing), but the fake US East 0-2 is new to me. I checked to be sure and both servers loaded up my Stable character.

This means the Experimental branch is now officially offline. Hopefully that means good things for next week.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I have a problem with my character. I've been to prison island, unfortunately I didn't have matches to make a fire. So after I swam back to the mainland I just started running, my clothes dried after a while, my character didn't get any cold status though, wet status of my character also went away. But after a while, when my clothes and character had already dried, I started shivering. So I got some matches and made a fire, sat right next to it for about 15 minutes, but my character is still shivering, still no cold status.

Is there any way to stop this? Heatpack maybe?

Edit: Never mind, I just logged back in, got a 30 second spawn timer and spawned as a freshie -.- bye bye Glock17, bye bye fully geared AKM :(

Edited by Sleezy

These are the new message options added in today's Exp. Don't forget, you must be using the -newui launch option:

h7WJCqF.jpg

-snip-

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/226245-dayz-on-consoles/#entry2278646

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're not seeing any major fixes evident.

Vehicle control lag in vicinity is still apparent.

Some improvement to traction/acceleration may be in place.

I'm seeing so many V3S tires.... I'm hoping it got the love it needed but we only tested bus, sedan, and 4x4.

Infected seems to have punched our bus onto it's side outside Elektro.

We exited, exacted our revenge, fit the other bus with the tires, and proceeded to lag into utility pole that killed the 2nd buses front tires.

We were not meant to have a bus.

46AeAwb.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

After several hours play, not using newui, my take is about the same as Bio. If anything has been fixed it's not apparent to me. The infected might have been nerfed as I was able to walk by one located in a police station and it showed no alert. And one on the railroad tracks I ran by right next to it and it didn't move. I then turned and walked to its back by about an arm length before it reacted. These have to be more aggressive.

Looks like that only mentions one of the past updates for .59 around November 11th ... But it's cool to see .60 listed there !

I'm thinking that some of the things listed (and originally intended) for 0.60 might have made it in, but I haven't tried to confirm anything myself so I can't say that with certainty.

Since Brian mentioned changes/additional options to the new UI can anyone notice if they got around to optimizing it a bit, at least? This bugs me a bit because the devs don't "solidify the foundation" before they start "adding another floor".

....it just bugs me...

...bugs me a bit....

....I'm bugged about it...

Before I reload my Experimental client I would like more consistent response from the UI...that's all.

Standing by, please advise. Thanks guys.

I have decided to hold off on messing with the new UI unless I 100% need to or until the devs either force it out as ready for prime time or recommend/request we start using it full time. (I usually don't bother with a vehicle when I play solo.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Cold logged out for the night I decided to pop on a couple of hours ago and see who was playing the new build.

I found a Tatanko in a 3PP server and decided to see what kit I had on 3PP.

That's when I spawned in naked and afraid outside of Berezino. I guess I never had a chance to start a new 3PP before the patch went stable....

I relogged to restored my default gear and shortly thereafter Tatanko had to log out for the night.

I decided to go against all my experience and stay in Berezino solely for the purpose of infected extermination.

My mission was to gear up with what was around Berezino never once missing an opportunity to  kill infected, regardless of my weapon.

The first implement I found was a pick axe and I quite enjoyed dodging and staggering my silly mod looking foes.

The server being empty meant that interactions with melee were fairly accurate for the most part.

There was one time when I should have kept a zombie staggered with headshots but he somehow got a swipe in even without any animation shown.

Walking up to them at jog pace is actually worse than sprinting up to them because they can't even react fast enough in the time it takes you to aggro them running in.

After collecting random guns, mags and ammo, I finally got a mosin running with 20 rounds, quickly followed by, a makarov with one mag, an amphibia with one mag, and a red 9 with 8 rounds. :P (*I bypassed the police station.)

I knew part of the challenge would be finding sufficient ammo close to the coast but I ended up with just enough to keep moving, while still shooting and killing.

Over the 2 hours I played I was able to get fully kitted (though nothing I would really choose) with green mountain bag and slayed maybe 20 infected.

It was nice after my little break but I sure would love to see something juicy in the way of a patch or news.

• Like 2

Cool, I usually get out of Berezino ASAP. I finally killed some serious number of zombies on NWAF. It was night and I couldn't see that they usually line up perfectly one behind another. I killed one, but one second appears.

I didn't see any changes, lost magazine when I dropped it in police station.

• Like 1