boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Just a btw!

I do really mean all of that in a friendly manner! I don't come here to engage in silly fights or beat the drum louder than others - But I am definitely a boisterous person when it comes to something I'm very much excited about :)

DayZ is an intensely amazing game that's a giant refresh of a game from the other projects out there. I just want to see it get done well and want to try to help as I can.

You're a positive new member and I enjoy your posts, no offense taken.

I just wanted to be clear that this is a very old and well expressed concern (improved infected in greater numbers) that many of us have gone over time and again, myself included.

You'll find my thoughts on this in nearly every status report, where it is most important to be posted IMO.

Some subjects get very tiresome when people repeat them, and yes, in time, you will feel the same and that IS the difference between being  here longer.

Cheers.

• Like 1

You're a positive new member and I enjoy your posts, no offense taken.

I just wanted to be clear that this is a very old and well expressed concern (improved infected in greater numbers) that many of us have gone over time and again, myself included.

You'll find my thoughts on this in nearly every status report, where it is most important to be posted IMO.

Some subjects get very tiresome when people repeat them, and yes, in time, you will feel the same and that IS the difference between being  here longer.

Cheers.

Thanks for understanding :)

And I enjoy your posts as well and take point from your information a lot of the time.

The reason why I, and others I'm sure, post on the same repeated old subject of updated infected and more populations is that it is that much of a passion for all of us and we need these ideas to be seen. That's my only justification, honestly. We know it's been said, yet. . When slips away from the top posts, someone almost has to bring it back - to keep it alive in our hive mind.

Also, I'm in the Air Force and am sent away for long periods for tasks overseas and such. . Sometime soon I'll be getting my next one and likely won't have much luxury to play games. . So while I'm here, I'm jumping up and down and clapping my hands for every scrap of info.

• Like 1

-snip-

The reason why I, and others I'm sure, post on the same repeated old subject of updated infected and more populations is that it is that much of a passion for all of us and we need these ideas to be seen. That's my only justification, honestly. We know it's been said, yet. . When slips away from the top posts, someone almost has to bring it back - to keep it alive in our hive mind.

-snip-

One thing I'm happy that most players agree on is the need for more infected.

Even players whose play styles I cannot relate to want more infected too.... which is awesome.

I hope your next assignment is a safe and relatively easy one Espa.

When you get back and can play more DayZ you will likely be bowled over again by the improvements and changes!!

Now where's my .60!!!?

:P

P.S.: Thanks for positive regard, I'm glad some of what I post is helpful/informative/interesting.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

-Happy snips-

Thanks man! I definitely hope it will be haha. Going through some more intelligence training in Asia/Russia - So who knows! Just don't vote for Trump while I'm away xD

And yeah, buddy. I read way too much here and have read quite a bit from yourself and a few others that are extremely knowledgeable. It's kept me from making mistakes, as well as teaching me things I didn't even know I had a question for. Please, keep it up.

-----------

Now! Honestly, any kind of announcement would be the hotness hehe. I know the Mods/Devs are doing a fantastic job and they certainly aren't dancing to my beat, but mannn. . I've got some sweet jazz, guys ;D

I'm kind of happy that the Glock (a more modern type gun) is in the game now, though. It's kind of fun finding the hidden treasures they bring us. Now I just need more than creepy snipers and elderly sick people to shoot at!

• Like 1

One thing I'm happy that most players agree on is the need for more infected.

Even players whose play styles I cannot relate to want more infected too.... which is awesome.

Oh god yes. I shouldn't go into Cherno seeing at most 30 zombies. Its a city which housed likely a few hundred at least, so given there should be at least a hundred zombies. Of course theyd have to do optimization of both zombies and server before that happens, but hopefully it'll happen.

• Like 2

Hehe so I played solo tonight and just trotted around being silly. I have a ridiculous amount of clips and bullets for my RAK and decided it was cleansing time for the Infected. Tore down a few towns and then got bored as the challenge wasn't enough xD

Tracked 2 military players by the sound of their car in the most north to their tenting area and listened to them chat for a while. One of the guys said he was tired and going to bed so I watched as he logged off and the other guy was putting up stuff into the tent, I suppose, so I gunned him down and stole their tent and car hehehe.

Now Espa has a car and tent full of military goodies. Poor guys.

Hehe so I played solo tonight and just trotted around being silly. I have a ridiculous amount of clips and bullets for my RAK and decided it was cleansing time for the Infected. Tore down a few towns and then got bored as the challenge wasn't enough xD

Tracked 2 military players by the sound of their car in the most north to their tenting area and listened to them chat for a while. One of the guys said he was tired and going to bed so I watched as he logged off and the other guy was putting up stuff into the tent, I suppose, so I gunned him down and stole their tent and car hehehe.

Now Espa has a car and tent full of military goodies. Poor guys.

Might want to start transporting that stuff away ASAP, theyll come back, no doubt :P

• Like 1

Might want to start transporting that stuff away ASAP, theyll come back, no doubt :P

Oh yes! I relocated all of their goodies, now MINE, to the other side of the map xD

I wouldn't be upset if it was stolen by next login. It was enough to drive a stake through the guys' heart by taking his car and stuff haha.

-snip- One of the guys said he was tired and going to bed so I watched as he logged off and the other guy was putting up stuff into the tent, I suppose, so I gunned him down and stole their tent and car hehehe.

-snip-

There was no challenge here, other than tracking them.

The pay off was gear you likely don't care for, or need. (And building the car is half the fun of acquiring one IMO.)

Do understand that in the objective sandbox context of DayZ as an apocalyptic scenario that you have relinquished the title of survivor and now fill the role of murderer/griefer.

In fact, the only thing truly gained from this was the schadenfreude you revel in openly.

The greifers boner, as it were.

How long does that high last?

I hope someone passes that grief potato back to you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People talk about the heart pounding thrill of the fire fights in DayZ but running around constantly getting into those battles surely diminishes this over time which effectively makes you a thoughtless CoD robot. (If that's all you care to do.)

DayZ burn out is a real thing not often spoke of and I am a master at avoiding it.

Still waiting on a patch or .60 before I play DayZ this year.

Edited by BioHaze

-Snip-

We are survivors in an apocalypse and I happened to spot two people driving out from the NWAF after hearing plenty of shots. In my mind, they were already the killers and I, the lucky one to have found them!

In a *REAL* apocalypse type scenario like DayZ, you bet your sweet ass I'd kill for a pristine car in a land of dilapidation - and not only that, but military armors and guns. All of this without exposing myself to danger or the strenuous effort in having to gather these things by myself.  I'd call this smart :)

In general I do not KoS, and technically I did not. . I stalked them, listened to them while formulating a plan for removing them, and got extremely lucky that these guys were too tired to watch their sights.

And hehe I'm totally fine with getting murdered in this game and fighting back - It all happens enough. I play this game for the interaction - Which means both with friendly souls where I can help them or vice versa, or finding the darkness and smiting it. Btw, I roleplay an Orthodox Brother stuck in a world of hell since I'm actually Eastern Orthodox in real life!

• Like 1

There was no challenge here, other than tracking them.

People talk about the heart pounding thrill of the fire fights in DayZ but running around constantly getting into those battles surely diminishes this over time which effectively makes you a thoughtless CoD robot. (If that's all you care to do.)

TOO MUCH SALT! WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!! Agree on building the car though, running through a huge industrial town with a tire in your hands wondering if theres an armed dude watching you gets intense.

Edited by Darkrider400

We are survivors in an apocalypse and I happened to spot two people driving out from the NWAF after hearing plenty of shots. In my mind, they were already the killers and I, the lucky one to have found them!

In a *REAL* apocalypse type scenario like DayZ, you bet your sweet ass I'd kill for a pristine car in a land of dilapidation - and not only that, but military armors and guns. All of this without exposing myself to danger or the strenuous effort in having to gather these things by myself.  I'd call this smart :)

In general I do not KoS, and technically I did not. . I stalked them, listened to them while formulating a plan for removing them, and got extremely lucky that these guys were too tired to watch their sights.

And hehe I'm totally fine with getting murdered in this game and fighting back - It all happens enough. I play this game for the interaction - Which means both with friendly souls where I can help them or vice versa, or finding the darkness and smiting it. Btw, I roleplay an Orthodox Brother stuck in a world of hell since I'm actually Eastern Orthodox in real life!

Don't even bother worrying what the Saltines say. To them KoS has a completely different meaning. To us Stalkers, KoS means killing without even stalking. To them, we could have followed them for hours and it'd still be KoS because they didn't see us. With their logic, getting sniped by a dude watching you for an hour and a half counts as KoS.

Edited by Darkrider400
  • Like 1

-snip-

Hearing shots does not mean they fired at people, there are plenty of infected at NWA.

My definition of KoS differs greatly from the people who use it as a way to justify griefing.

You killed a guy who never saw you and took a bunch of stuff that will be wiped.

The net result, grief boner.

I came to DayZ because it is not a shooter.

I've always wanted a good game with firearms where you had to make a real decision before you use them.

Those infected you desire so much will likely change your own decisions in this realm.

I also hope scarcity IS FUCKING HUGE.

My vision of DayZ SA is forbidding, foreboding, and a down right struggle from all survival aspects.

Then all the FPS goons can go play mods because it's too haaaaaard.

Man, just wait for all the tears stamina is going to bring!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

-Snip-

I've always wanted a good game with firearms where you had to make a real decision before you use them.

Those infected you desire so much will likely change your own decisions in this realm.

I also hope scarcity IS FUCKING HUGE.

My vision of DayZ SA is forbidding, foreboding, and a down right struggle from all survival aspects.

-Snip-

Hehe we're in the same boat, man. I'm waiting for there to be a million more challenges because currently. . This game is far too alike a shooter with a rather large map.

And true, I never saw them murder, but no one goes to the NWAF to blast AKs and SVDs at Infected for such a prolonged state. It'd draw way too much attention to yourself and get yourself shot. Mind you, I play on a hardcore roleplaying 1PP server that is always 50/50. People still murder and backstab and stalk.

Can't say I got a grief boner from KILLING, but rather from the loot. I was geared in standard police type equipment. By slaying the guy and not letting him get back in their car, I achieved what would have taken me hours, if not days to gain. I don't really understand any kind of upset others may have for this kind of effort.

It took me an hour and a half to track these guys from first sight of their car driving away to my exploring nearby forests and locales to see where they may have gone. Happening upon their camp was pure luck and I didn't wish to give the man a chance to get back in the car and either get away - or force me to fire upon the treasure I wanted.

All in all, I'll be happy when there's more to do. . But the Infected are no challenge and most players are hostile - though I give ample chances. This was simply not one of them :)

Hehe we're in the same boat, man. I'm waiting for there to be a million more challenges because currently. . This game is far too alike a shooter with a rather large map.

And true, I never saw them murder, but no one goes to the NWAF to blast AKs and SVDs at Infected for such a prolonged state. -snip- :)

I've been going to NWA specifically to blast infected in large numbers for more than 3 years, thank you very much.

Granted never on a 50/50 server but I would still do so if the spirit moved me.

I have been KoS'd simply for the crime of shooting at infected and making noise.

I take calculated risks to pursue one of my personal favorite targets and well, sometimes you eat the zombie and sometimes the zombie eats you.

• Like 1

I would like to submit my 1,000's of miles of GPS tracked cycling data to be applied to my characters cycling stamina and skill.

Thank you.

:P

Edit: cannot put tweet in spoiler?

That's your head tube, top tube, and light if I'm not mistaken.

Edit 2: no badge/brand on the head tube?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I came to DayZ because it is not a shooter.

By definition, a shooter is a game that has guns. You're referring to Shooter as common games like Call of Duty or Halo, of which DayZ isn't even close to.

branches/experimentalprep/buildid: 908121 › 923585

1 hour ago

:ph34r:

Still not .60 :(    One more post until 3k for you, Bio :P

• Like 1

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Geometric_Occluders

This feature is introduced to DayZ and Arma 3 in Eden Update. The original text has been written by Filip Doksanský.

Geometric occluders (GO) are new feature for improving rendering performance. Their purpose is to quickly filter out rendering of objects that are occluded by other objects. To get most of its benefit, there must be as few of GOs in scene as possible and they should be as big as possible. When there is too much small GOs it may happen that computing occlusion will be more consuming than to render those occluded objects.

GOs are part of P3D objects, represented by either convex components or convex polygons placed in view geometry LOD. They are usually in buildings as they perfectly fit the purpose. In the best case there should be one big box, aligned with building walls. When there is too much windows or doors that you should see through, you can represent occluder by few convex polygons covering these walls, where are not any windows etc.

Some performance improvement incoming?

• Like 2

Some performance improvement incoming?

I really hope so , .59 is great but im ready for what we've been promised for a long time : better performance and actual content ... Give me better optimization and some barricading / base building and Id be a happy man for years .

Their purpose is to quickly filter out rendering of objects that are occluded by other objects. 

When occluders are used well, it can bring acceleration in order of hundreds percent especially in crowded town areas.

and that's right where it's most needed  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sexperimental activity is HOT. (22 mins ago)

221101/encryptedmanifests/experimentalprep/encrypted_gid_2: 98A106BFAA97688F2B6A3D74968C9083
221101/encryptedmanifests/experimentalprep/encrypted_size_2: 1D437C30019BE898DA81869F19176E3D
221101/encryptedmanifests/productionprep/encrypted_gid_2: 1CF1C9E6503770259F37C78DA30CC23C
221101/encryptedmanifests/productionprep/encrypted_size_2: B604622F4AF299999A822DDEFB8FF0AB
221101/manifests/experimental: 5762437902367578049
221101/manifests/public: 5762437902367578049 › 2547736529542345711
221101/maxsize: 10569161637 (9.84 GB) › 10569244101 (9.84 GB) (diff = +80.53 KB)
branches/public/buildid: 908121 › 923585

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1