boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

I saw this a few times with Mean Gun Morris, maybe a patch or two ago.

He'd see an off-roader with 4 tires on it and I'd only see 3, or he'd be working on the car a meter or two from where I was working on it.

I'm hoping to meet up with Dudester in a few, if we both survive the journey I'll do some barrel rolls and we'll see if we see the same things in the same places.

Thank you. I'm gonna meet up with Biohaze soon and try to trigger it as well. This can't get to stable like this. Although I obviously don't have any say in the matter, I'd imagine that Hicks and crew wouldn't want this to go unnoticed.

• Like 1

So, nobody been to Cherno, or is it just the city hasn't been updated (bigger harbor, etc.)?

I know I'm not gonna play this game in third person, once it hits stable. Almost every time I hold rmb in 3p, I freeze on the spot, even after zooming out/letting go of it again. Happens about 90% of the time I do it. I tried what happens, if I just keep going and I ran on the same spot for minutes. The only way to work around it is to stop walking/running and go again. I could hardly make myself a better target opportunity if I wanted to. Magically, it only happens when I use right mouse button. If I use "+" on the numpad, I can zoom while running without doing the moonwalk. However that means I have to take my hands of the mouse ~ it's crap. 

In first person I don't have these problems, however playing in 1p on a 3p server puts me at a disadvantage. So hopefully this patch goes stable soon (seen the warning about server resets/stable in the left corner?!) I'll finally be able to play 1p all the time. 

I stopped counting how many repeaters I found. The typical East-Block Weapon...pls devs, if you have to spawn something in raw amounts, pistol magazines would be a better idea. Still saw no 45 ammo or mags, but plenty of 1911 and Derringers. What I always wanted to ask - are there boots the Derringer fits in and if so, which? I feel like we should be able to stick em in our boots.

Apart from the now much more often happening moonwalking, I found no problems. I'm just not sure if the status updates are working right. During my first playsession I got hydrated and energized pretty easily, but during the second, I ate like 4 cans and drank a canteen, kwass and coke and nothing changed about my status. I don't recall using oldui during the first session, but maybe I'm just tired.Tired of waiting for stable...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Has anyone seen any animals? 

I saw one chicken east of Orlovets, and thats all.

Otherwise, this patch seems to have brought desync to an all time low. At least for me. I was far out west and flying solo. I did see a handful of zach in Vavilovo, so it seems like they have added more infected to the smaller towns.

• Like 1

LKbufQYB_normal.pngBrian Hicks @Hicks_206

Alright - so, while I don't think the SR needs to be replaced/changed - We're going to try and do dev videos on a monthly basis starting Jan"

And I posted this....Last year....

"I would welcome a related Twitch stream of releases so we can first WATCH the changes being demonstrated by the people who built it, with an explanation of what they want out of the content and what they want us to provide feedback on. (Hicks can only make casual conversation with Septic for so long before he is overcome by his compunction for mischief and outright banditry). With a Twitch tutorial to go by, I think the time between releases would be a tad more civil and progress would be more easily "felt" by us."

One of those times where I get to use my smug grin!

Hope this happens...Brian is articulate and tends to be quite entertaining and amicable when he does his interviews

• Like 2

Zombies and animals are there, they are spread out but they are there. Smaller towns may have a a few zombies in them too.

Has anyone seen any animals? 

I saw one chicken east of Orlovets, and thats all.

Otherwise, this patch seems to have brought desync to an all time low. At least for me. I was far out west and flying solo. I did see a handful of zach in Vavilovo, so it seems like they have added more infected to the smaller towns.

See the Dayz Wiki hunting page: "[...] Cows in the area around Mogilevka and Goats, Pigs, and Chickens at Msta [...]".

After seeing that I did catch a goat just North of Msta. It was the only animal I've found in the last month mind you, but they're in.

Agree on the desync, since exp patch #10 (I think?) its the best I've seen. Have had the ocasional desapearing gun, but overall I'm much more confident in dropping stuff whenever/wherever I need to. Great responsiveness on actions too, like vaulting and using the quick bar.

I can't wait to find infected everywhere again.

:(

That's my most selfish desire.... I want lots of infected and I don't want them to be pulled from the game ever again! >:(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Infected

Somehow, my personal score on the happiness index became directly tied to the number of infected people that spawn in Chernarus.

ColdAtrophy and I aren't happy unless we are killing frothing diseased lunatics in large numbers.

Thank you.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 7

ColdAtrophy and I aren't happy unless we are killing frothing diseased lunatics in large numbers.

Thank you.

I'm ColdAtrophy and I approve this message.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I finally saw some excitement in game. Dudster and I killed a guy with medieval helmet on farm west from Zelenogorsk. He had advantage of seeing us first but Dudster fed him 9mm from CR75. I shot with Mosin but with all the excitement and muzzle flashing I don't know who and if I hit. Before that another guy shot at us between Pavlovo and Zelenogorsk. Server has only few other players on.

• Like 3

Seems most of the vehicles have been snagged up on most  1pp servers... I know personally I've gotten a bus and sedan stuck beyond saving on Central.... kinda wish there was more to play around with.

*Edit*

My bus took 3 grenade tosses and looks just like new. Other than being stuck in a hellishly deep ditch. Guessing vehicles can't be 'sploded right now ?

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 2

OH man that off road car flips like no tomorrow. Very poor driving on the road.

It will take some getting used to on the reverse and forward, and stick shifting. I might have to use the joy/keyboard from razor.

Its needs a pile of work on it. Otherwise its great, got the first vehicle hijacked working. The concept behind it is awesome.

The other 5 i found today i stole wheels from, hijacked what parts i could steal and made one out of it.

It wasn't too difficult to find where people are stashing them :)

Edited by TheSneakyDude

I can't wait to find infected everywhere again.

:(

That's my most selfish desire.... I want lots of infected and I don't want them to be pulled from the game ever again! > :(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Infected

Somehow, my personal score on the happiness index became directly tied to the number of infected people that spawn in Chernarus.

Thank you.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645502556543444244/B5D309D857FF7742D12A8881428BFAAEAD4D83B9/

50 or so below us in this building in cherno tonight. We had them blocking all access to us up top :)

well maybe 20 and a bunch kept coming.... lmao

Edited by TheSneakyDude
  • Like 1

So this is my picture. Notice the two pumpkins.

78RJBEM.jpg

And this one is Biohaze's, taken at the same time.

3GIFAFX.jpg

He isn't seeing the same thing that I am. 

I had to pick up the pumpkins and then drop them for them to show up on his client.

• Like 2

So this is my picture. Notice the two pumpkins.

78RJBEM.jpg

And this one is Biohaze's, taken at the same time.

3GIFAFX.jpg

He isn't seeing the same thing that I am.

I had to pick up the pumpkins and then drop them for them to show up on his client.

This happened to me but more extreme ... I was traveling with two friends and randomly upon reconnecting i couldn't see my third friend but my second friend could ... That's gonna be an issue , and all the while I couldn't see certian zombies that was attacking them : one of the zombies was caught in the police station , I was first to open the door and apparently the zombie ran right through me , didn't attack me and instead ran straight to the others in the back ... This is definitely Weird , it couldn't see me and I couldn't see it but my friends could , it was like we were in different partial instances where only my second friend was the link between the two dimensions ...

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 3

Saw a good bit of that tonight as well. Performance was otherwise pretty good, even on servers half a planet away from me.

Still no luck getting a bus running tonight, but I heard Dudester and Gary had better luck than myself. What I did manage to do was make some really tough shots on wildlife tonight. Early on I got a deer near Zelenogorsk, running full tilt at about 150 to 200m away. He was easily taken in a single shot from the Mosin I was carrying at the time, no scope. The second was a boar, spotted by someone else I was running with; though he was even further out (I'd say at least 250m, probably more) and sprinting at full speed through trees and bushes, I still managed to get him on the second shot through the iron sights of an SKS. Really proud of that second kill.

Come to think of it, I tend to do better with iron sights than anything else. "I don't need no stinkin' scope"  B)

• Like 4

I killed a guy that shot Biohaze with a Magnum at the Zelenogorsk barracks. Biohaze lived too. So KoS guys - 0, Us - 4

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 10

10 minutes after the smoke grenade went off, only two out of 5 of us could see this:

Z51dvma.jpg

This guy had a smoke grenade in his hands and had lit it. The smoke grenade continued to emit smoke long after it had expired and only stopped when the player seen here relogged.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 6

Props to all you people keeping it friendly this patch.

Oh and it's really responsive now. Actions are completed almost immediately and I saw accurate movement of players all over Elektro. Exciting.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 5

ColdAtrophy and I logged on and started to play using The Riddlers TS3 channel for comms, hoping people would show up.

Sure enough, emuthreat, Girth Brooks, starvingart, and someone I didn't know previously named P00k showed up.

Cold and I were shooting the Zombies of Zeleno when we met up with Brooks.

He lobbed a flare onto a rooftop and made his way over.

I had a green chemlight and cracked that sucker open.

pVUzUEy.jpg

We made our way over to the barracks and I tossed my chemlight in the lot.

We were pulling some stuff out of the barracks when I got shot.

I sprinted, jamming my hotbar key for my axe instead of my gun accidentally.

I ran by Brooks and he actually shot thinking I was the guy because I had my axe out but thankfully missed and I warned him off.

My vision was very blurry and I had lost a great deal of blood, so I ran into a large shed so I cold cover the door with my Scorpion until my friends met up.

Brooks and Cold stayed in contact but mostly stayed put until Cold saw someone in a house nearby with a handgun.

He fired and flushed him out of the house.

Soon he chased him down around a wall and took him out with the VSS.

The bastard ruined my jacket, high cap, and the scorpion that was in the high cap, but I survived.

This is my original 1PP spawn from .59.

I asked Cold to take a screenshot of the guy but he did not and neither of them checked his pulse (too much adrenaline).

We then left the area to find a house where I could heal on the outskirts of town.

After what seemed like a long time, we left the cabin and met up with emuthreat and starvingart.

Vpwpuq4.jpg

Vmfc9MB.jpg

Brooks animations got stuck for my client and the smoke grenade he popped was unlimited (as pointed out by Cold above).

JxwoiOV.jpg

oocghHr.jpg

It certainly made for some cool screenshot opportunities.

nYBGM0o.jpg

Later, P00k arrived in the TS3 channel and we all met up at NWA.

RBfg0qH.jpg

Not long after we looted a small section of the air field and hung about a little while, then I logged out for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the recent hive wipe warnings I'm thinking this might be getting looked at as a stable candidate.

If that's the case then I guess not being able to get infected numbers up wasn't a blocker for .59 stable.

I would be all for release of this to stable if .60 experimental with brand new infected spawn mechanic were close on it's heels. :D

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 11

I killed a guy that shot Biohaze with a Magnum at the Zelenogorsk barracks. Biohaze lived too. So KoS guys - 0, Us - 4

Well done.. If you guys are ever looking for another non-KOS player (Bandit Hunter), lemme know.  Be glad to run with you all.   If I am not running with the clanmates.  :)

• Like 2

Looks like we have two teams of four survivors here, I played with Tatanko, Garywalnuts and Dudester100 last night. I suggest we team up for next update (this one is pretty much exploited).

Imagine what desync will be with players from different continents playing together.

• Like 7

If anyone is on or wants to hook up and hunt for goodies, explore, track down Bandits, I'm on Southcentral 0-3.

I'm roaming around up north atm.. about to leave Cernaya Polana and going west. :)

Edited by Antykain