boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Try updating your video card driver. I did this tonight after switching from experimental to stable and back and the game loaded just fine after doing so. Sounds silly but it might help you.

I'll try that thanks , stable is now working after a Restart , we'll see about experimental and the graphics driver .

• Like 1

was able to get into exp but either got 5 fps , or good fps and constant freezing 

switched back to stable, loaded game entered server, client crashed , got the BE update 

game auto launched , tried to enter another server , got waiting for host on all attempts. 

switching back to exp now . 

No updates for my vid drivers , no antivirus running  to conflict 

was able to get into exp but either got 5 fps , or good fps and constant freezing

switched back to stable, loaded game entered server, client crashed , got the BE update

game auto launched , tried to enter another server , got waiting for host on all attempts.

switching back to exp now .

No updates for my vid drivers , no antivirus running to conflict

Try and restsrt computer and then validate files on experimental branch ... This for some reason worked for me .

played for an hour or so and made my way into a house to eat some tuna and load a trumpet I'd just found when I suddenly froze. My mouse icon appeared to just sit and load on the dayz screen. I alt tabbed out and this is the msg waiting for me on the desktop. anyone get this? sorry first time uploading an image, hope this works, if it doesn't well i'll just type the shit out.

VDDAsoN.jpg

Edited by Mean Gun Morris
  • Like 2

EDIT: re-downloaded stable and launched fine. Re-downloaded EXP. and launched fine. Quite possibly a corrupt file? I'll report it if this happens again. 

played for an hour or so and made my way into a house to eat some tuna and load a trumpet I'd just found when I suddenly froze. My mouse icon appeared to just sit and load on the dayz screen. I alt tabbed out and this is the msg waiting for me on the desktop. anyone get this? sorry first time uploading an image, hope this works, if it doesn't well i'll just type the shit out. 

VDDAsoN.jpg

I'm getting I believe the same memory error as you now. I can't successfully launch the game without it giving the same error. Validating files is not helping. Might try going back to stable and back again just one more time tonight. 

As for doing spoilers, use brackets instead of parentheses    [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler]    <<<<< NO spaces. I did that so it wouldn't create a spoiler ;)

Edited by The Riddler
  • Like 1

god damn it couldn't get the spoilers to work, full blown noob sorry guys[/spoiler] 

Use these [brackets] and you're good. Null pointer just means the engine didn't find a valid objects for the processes listed. It might have been just a compiling error, which doesn't occur again.Maybe you should put this on the bug tracker. It looks like it has to do with the User Interface not being able to refresh data. It either couldn't find these files or they were missing. If Steam didn't correct this, you can validate your game files and see if anything was changed/updated. 

All your data is stored on the character server anyway, so this issue is clientside and you can't lose your character or gear. I think a restart should work, but you might have to google for answers, if it doesn't.  

>>EDIT: Ok just read Riddlers reply, so validating doesn't help. In your steamapps folder is the following structure:

steamapps/common/DayZ/dta

In the dta folder is a *.pbo file called scripts. If you don't want to wait for official support on this, delete the scrips folder after making a backup and storing it elsewhere. Then restart Steam and let it validate files. It should then re-load the scripts file, directly. If it somehow doesn't work you can overwrite the new file with your old and are back to status quo.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

also I have been using the new ui since the first update and i keep getting a small box bottom right in red saying cannot connect to central hive 36....0 or 15...0 for example. anyone know what this is? only with the new ui though. :huh:

Edited by Mean Gun Morris

If anyone would like to have a friendly player to test more with, as well as a bandit-killer, my steam account is BrotherEspa and in game I go by Brother Espa.

Add me! 

So many issues with magazines and fake duplicates. VSS Vintorez mags and UMP-45 mags were both doing it. Also at one point I tried to use the hotbar to switch from the UMP to the VSS. The game about shit itself. The UMP went to my back but didn't actually show up visually or in my inventory. When I tried to put the Vintorez on my back, it went to my back and the ground. Upon relogging, the VSS was on the ground and the UMP was on my back.

Whatever you do, don't try to use the hotbar for magazines. It will work once or twice before it starts to make fake copies and then it just stops working altogether. The fake copies don't actually take inventory space (even though it looks like they do) so you can have items hiding in the space that the copies occupy.

Desync is pretty bad. Several times per hour up to ~10 seconds will go by where the client does not send or receive any information from the server related to position, inventory, or item manipulation.

• Like 5

Played for about 6 hours with ColdAtrophy and devoted about 4 of those hours to looking for off road tires.

We found 2 in about an hour and a half and then didn't see anymore for over 2 hours.

We struck out from every direction around the town we were in finding a glut of spark plugs, batteries, headlights, and jerry cans but only 4-5 sedan tires, the 2 off road mentioned and maybe 2-3 v3s tires.

We had plenty of food and ammo so we went almost exclusively shed hunting.

We even cleaned out an entire small town of every shed item and they were not respawning with loot even after running a mile plus away being gone for an hour and coming back.

Inside a shed ColdAtrophy surprised one "Fabio the Fab" who was a fairly new spawn and made with friendly offerings of ammo and a plate carrier.

We didn't take his meager offerings but bid him good luck on his travels.

I want to believe that we just had bad luck in finding tires tonight but it also seems they may have toned down the insta-spawning (which is good).

We skipped running an infected killing mission in favor of trying to build the car but tomorrow the slaughter will commence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe if my friend had some more fiber in his diet, he wouldn't make dupey?

uF4Qkel.jpg

Raw dawg sexperimental style requires extra hoes.

1RumCYc.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QPU6BCD.jpg

nKnJAjB.jpg

• Like 5

I say major issues preventing from this going to stable release are

1.  Item duplicates that aren't real causing issues especially when something is in your hands until relogging

2.  Being a passenger in a vehicle still is broken and desyncs wildly

3.  Certain actions related to cars only working with -newui

4.  General syncing issues where things will not be seen on the ground by all players unless they relog

I switched to the newui today, begrudgingly.  I really miss double-clicking to pick up items.  At least I can take off all the car parts now.

Im still using the new ui and can still pick up items by the double click :huh:

On that note double clicking the hunting scope from the vicinity tab automatically put it straight on my rifle, where as putting it into my inventory then trying to drag to the rifle caused all sorts shit. 

• Like 1

I would like to chime in again and say that player to player desynch seemed very unstable.

If you run back and forth over the same small space it will cause your friends to see you teleporting around.

You might have noticed this when someone simply doubles back over their path briefly.

I also noticed many instances where the server was slow to show me player position update/pathing and ColdAtrophy would run around a building on his screen but to me it looked like he ran through the building.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Be aware: picking up hacked items can result in a ban.

False.

"No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity."

Source: http://www.battleye.com/support/

try using the bow. Its dead silent and ammo is literally Everywhere 

Do kinda wish the zeds wouldnt aggro onto you after being shot from a distance with a silent weapon though.. They shouldnt be able to instantly know where the shot came from.  I think it would be better if they just got really angry making noise and moved around a little after the first hit . 

Yes, this exactly. Maybe they would roughly stumble in the vague direction of the shot for a while but they shouldn't instantly know where the player is unless it sees you.

• Like 1

Be warned there are phantom helis they can be in front of you and dissapare in front of you or appear in front of you all depends if 4 hours have been up. Me and emuthreat were in green mountain and saw a heli were in front it so close and poof just dissapered this happened to me yesterday as well I was in pass sosnovka and I was really close to a heli and poof gone. Just a heads up.

False.

"No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity."

Source: http://www.battleye.com/support/

-snip-

It used to happen in the mod and can happen again I bet.

I mean an auto-ban situation, one which could be hard to refute.

Are you willing to risk it?

• Like 1

Be aware: picking up hacked items can result in a ban.

Don't do that, you are spreading misinformation.

• Like 2

Don't do that, you are spreading misinformation.

Please read above.

And I'm sure we can agree that picking up hacked items is unwise at best.

It was not meant as a warning about a rule but rather a warning in general that it could mistakenly trigger a ban as it did in the mod....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited my original statement to clarify.

I've always been here to set the record straight, for the kids.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

this is what im on about

okyTedW.jpg

I got one of those too, but it said "reading 6 -1"

Desync is pretty bad. Several times per hour up to ~10 seconds will go by where the client does not send or receive any information from the server related to position, inventory, or item manipulation.

This made working on a car a very annoying process.  Couldn't be sure at the time what we were doing wrong.  It somehow resulted in the loss of a spark plug, and an immobile car being able to start up and rev without a spark plug.  I would have used a frag to try and destroy the car, but the desync was so bad that I chickened out.

<<<---Plays video games with kids sometimes, almost always regrets it; used to be a kid once too, so whatever.

Be warned there are phantom helis they can be in front of you and dissapare in front of you or appear in front of you all depends if 4 hours have been up. Me and emuthreat were in green mountain and saw a heli were in front it so close and poof just dissapered this happened to me yesterday as well I was in pass sosnovka and I was really close to a heli and poof gone. Just a heads up.

Dude, it is normal for helicopters to despawn.   I just waited too long for you to get down there. My bad for not just rushing to it.  Your bad for not being able to run from Veresnik to Pogo in less than 20 minutes for a little bit of backup.

One of these days, I'll get that whole mulitquote thing down.

Edited by emuthreat

If you guys could upvote this dual core issuer again . So maybe someone will take notice and get it fixed again before too long . Last time it took a week after they confirmed it . 

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28658

Upvoted. Sadly, looks like us dual core people are in minority and Im afraid devs will stop fixing this issue.

• Like 1