kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

If anyone wants an impression of (some parts) of Vancouver Island check out the reality series "Alone". Episode 1 to 5 are currently downloadable. About 10 guys having to survive alone on the island, last man standing wins 500.000 dollars. Loneliness, wolves, black bear, cougars, trees and a lot of rain sums it up really ;)

'cept the rain part these days.

Late October to May is nothing but wet and grey, right now it's sunny and warm and we're having a decent wildfire every other day. We have the worlds biggest waterbomber and they just got through the red tape to get her airborne again a few weeks ago even though there's something like 200 wildfires in the province currently.

qspwnytwwjh97oons70a.jpg    

• Like 1

Has 8 slots and takes 4 slots? Has 8 slots and takes 8 slots?

The latter and it holds anything not just ammo, currently it would be useful for protecting a truck battery if you expected to take fire or hiding one in the bushes. 

• Like 2

Well, crap, that was a not so good idea.  Stable is boring.

• Like 2

all of the experimental servers down?

all of the experimental servers down?

Nah, they're whitelisted now an you didn't make the cut.

Seriously we're waiting on a new build in the am CZ time, hopefully.

• Like 2

Well I played a bit last night, spawned near a a pretty big city near the tracks on the coast. Two long buildings with a bunch of storage spaces facing each other and a couple with cars in them, had 9 canteens. The town was mostly empty of loot. I never had so many canteens within 5 minutes of spawn, luckily I found a small purple backpack.  So if I have to go play Stable tonight, I think I will find a mountain top and level all the trees. I wonder how many axes it will take to clear the mountain top? BTW did sharpening axes go the way of the dodo?

Well I played a bit last night, spawned near a a pretty big city near the tracks on the coast. Two long buildings with a bunch of storage spaces facing each other and a couple with cars in them, had 9 canteens. The town was mostly empty of loot. I never had so many canteens within 5 minutes of spawn, luckily I found a small purple backpack.  So if I have to go play Stable tonight, I think I will find a mountain top and level all the trees. I wonder how many axes it will take to clear the mountain top? BTW did sharpening axes go the way of the dodo?

Back in one of the previous builds when food was really scarce, I chopped down all the apples trees in Svet before I left.  :D

• Like 3

Holy crap, I'm productive with no EXP.  Since it went off lien about 5 (?) hours ago, I have:  taken the dogs on a 2 mile walk; cleaned the pool; gone to the gym; trimmed all the Rose of Sharon along the back fence (and bundled and disposed of the trimmings); stained the floor of the outside kitchen; and watered all the plants.  I'm gonna have to think up a story about how all this happened before the wife gets home - if not, she'll figure out how much time I really waste in a day! 

Right? I changed the oil in my car and mowed the lawn heh.

• Like 1

Right? I changed the oil in my car and mowed the lawn heh.

I fed the cat, drank half a pot of coffee, and put pants on before 1700, feeling super productive. 

• Like 3

I fed the cat, drank half a pot of coffee, and put pants on before 1700, feeling super productive. 

I made a sandwich, went to the bathroom and sat with my dogs watching North Woods Law.  Tried to play a couple other games, got bored, posted here a few times. Certainly not productive, definitely mildly entertained, waiting for the new episode of Deutschland '83, that's still a bit off though.   Getting bored again...  As usual, I give you an appropriate movie clip, please observe.

• Like 1

Roger that... scavenging around, looking for truck batteries and glow plugs that I don't need.  Found a tent though that I had to patch up with duct tape to make her pretty.  Movement in general is awkward, but just killing time for exp. to come back online.

Sound like me on Saturdays...

and put pants on before 1700, feeling super productive. 

Were the zones working in this last patch? I encountered slim pickings weapon-wise from Elektro to NWAF, whereupon the tents had about a dozen drum mags, 6 or so 30-round mags, 2 east suppressors, and a few military rifles.

Sound like me on Saturdays...

Had a labor dispute just in time for summer vacation with 4 kids so everyday is Saturday. I'll go back or find something better come fall when the kids go back to their "weekday daycare".

Were the zones working in this last patch? I encountered slim pickings weapon-wise from Elektro to NWAF, whereupon the tents had about a dozen drum mags, 6 or so 30-round mags, 2 east suppressors, and a few military rifles.

Don't know but when I got in on my usual low pop server yesterday and ran the south coast only hitting small towns I had no problem with my pick of civilian guns but less ammo than I'm used to. Myshinko tent city seemed like what I think it should look like, enough to reasonably gear a 2 man group for pvp and lots of boots. Running 3/4 of the maps outer edge there was everything a survivor could want in ample quantities. I don't think we had long enough on that build for the loot to settle into what it should or would look like ideally though.

• Like 2

Don't know but when I got in on my usual low pop server yesterday and ran the south coast only hitting small towns I had no problem with my pick of civilian guns but less ammo than I'm used to. Myshinko tent city seemed like what I think it should look like, enough to reasonably gear a 2 man group for pvp and lots of boots. Running 3/4 of the maps outer edge there was everything a survivor could want in ample quantities. I don't think we had long enough on that build for the loot to settle into what it should or would look like ideally though.

Agreed, would like to have seen a few true 12 hour restarts. 

Since you were going clockwise I went ante-clockwise from the derelict mil base, never made it over to Myshkino Tents though that's where I was going.  Wanted to hit the prison island too to see if I could find a plate carrier.  Did find plenty of vehicle batteries and set up a few barrel roadblocks along the way.  I was vicinity of Lopatino when I logged out.  All I had for a rifle was a CR527, 4 magazines for it and a box of 7.62x39, I had seen some others but not as much ammo for them that I had on me for the Carbine.

I had been lugging a .357 pistol but had no ammo for it, at least not until shortly after I chucked it into the woods.  Have 2 P1 mags and 40 rnds of loose 9mm but haven't found a P1 yet.

Looks like the boys are burning the midnight oil, last DB update was about 2 hours ago....

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Uh, servers are up but getting a battle eye version error at login

validating local files

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Since you were going clockwise I went ante-clockwise from the derelict mil base, never made it over to Myshkino Tents though that's where I was going.  Wanted to hit the prison island too to see if I could find a plate carrier.  Did find plenty of vehicle batteries and set up a few barrel roadblocks along the way.  I was vicinity of Lopatino when I logged out.  All I had for a rifle was a CR527, 4 magazines for it and a box of 7.62x39, I had seen some others but not as much ammo for them that I had on me for the Carbine.

I had been lugging a .357 pistol but had no ammo for it, at least not until shortly after I chucked it into the woods.  Have 2 P1 mags and 40 rnds of loose 9mm but haven't found a P1 yet.

If you were leaving the northern military base the last time I saw you on last night we would have been real close at one point. I ducked in there from the north and there was literally nothing in the barracks so I just continued around the north edge of the map.

Did you notice allot of barrels in sheds in the small towns up north? I seemed to lag whenever I got near a barrel so I could kind of sense them. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I'm really curious if the barrels are bulletproof as in can you use them as cover in a fire fight or do you get shot through them.   

• Like 1

If you were leaving the northern military base the last time I saw you on last night we would have been real close at one point. I ducked in there from the north and there was literally nothing in the barracks so I just continued around the north edge of the map.

Did you notice allot of barrels in sheds in the small towns up north? I seemed to lag whenever I got near a barrel so I could kind of sense them. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I'm really curious if the barrels are bulletproof as in can you use them as cover in a fire fight or do you get shot through them.   

I over by the maintenance sheds and just headed out.  Yeah, the barracks, I had already taken everything except the bipod in the open bay and there wasn't that much more than that.  Those were the barrels I used as a road block up on the main road near the bus stop.  I really want to see what happens to the front end of a truck when it smacks into them both if they are empty or have anything in them.     

• Like 1

I over by the maintenance sheds and just headed out.  Yeah, the barracks, I had already taken everything except the bipod in the open bay and there wasn't that much more than that.  Those were the barrels I used as a road block up on the main road near the bus stop.  I really want to see what happens to the front end of a truck when it smacks into them both if they are empty or have anything in them.     

I had big plans of trying some truck stuff today like hitting barrels and possibly a landmine although those seem harder to find now, but DayZ being DayZ ;)

That's twice now I finally get a working truck hidden before bedtime just in time for a wipe.

I did find a town I've never been to and a great place for a camp where I hid last nights truck in the last few days though.

I also made a run through Myshkino last night after spawning on the right coast dragging a car tent in hand half way across the map.  Interesting comparison to .58 and stable this evening with exp. being down is that in the short time .58 was up, the distribution seemed very much like what I experienced on stable a couple hours ago, ymmv.

Looks like the boys are burning the midnight oil, last DB update was about 2 hours ago....

The good news is that I did everything possible around the house today.  So tomorrow? It's DayZ time.

Uh, servers are up but getting a battle eye version error at login

validating local files

The word is, Experimental will be down until tomorrow. Play Stable for now. Not sure exactly when tomorrow is, but watch here every now and then and you will see many desperate people desperately trying to log in to get our "cough" their fix. Then we "cough" they will report when it is up. I wonder if that meat I had on stable is rotten now?

Holy...SHIIT...Exp. up with new renderer?

8M6EZxW.jpg

There has got to be a heli crash site around here...

yJNOADH.jpg

There it is!!! Helicopter crash site.

DTGPsqb.jpg

WTF and DOGS???

cXivcb2.jpg

Just AMAZING!!!

h6lc1ed.jpg

• Like 13

I had big plans of trying some truck stuff today like hitting barrels and possibly a landmine although those seem harder to find now, but DayZ being DayZ ;)

That's twice now I finally get a working truck hidden before bedtime just in time for a wipe.

I did find a town I've never been to and a great place for a camp where I hid last nights truck in the last few days though.

/sigh, yeah, that town is why I was going East....  It's isolated has water and decent loot.

• Like 1