kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Parking still available... bring a bedroll though if you're staying, ground is a bit hard.

tTRe44f.jpg

I'm up to 7 trucks, but still only have 3 measly tents.  I guess I know why now!  :D

• Like 1

Another question regarding managing body temperature that I have and will try to vet out later today, is whether or not the different clothing gear, summer vs. autumn for example have any varying affect.  Summer gear for example could in theory be a less heavy material.  Also curious if hats, gloves, etc. have any impact.

Hats and gloves definitely have an impact.  I overheat much more quickly wearing them.  Don't know about summer/winter gear - never thought to pay attention to that (assuming it was just a color variant) - think I have some variety in one of my tents - will experiment if so.

We found some jerry cans and filled up the vs3 without refilling the jerry can itself so i don't know whats up with that.

So you, like, drove the truck up to the pump and refueled it? I just want to be sure what you mean here.

Everyone who is overheating or complaining about the temperature: stop sprinting!

Don't tell me what to do!!!!  :P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Another question regarding managing body temperature that I have and will try to vet out later today, is whether or not the different clothing gear, summer vs. autumn for example have any varying affect. Summer gear for example could in theory be a less heavy material. Also curious if hats, gloves, etc. have any impact.

My guess is that they only determine pattern or color.

Hats and gloves definitely have an impact. I overheat much more quickly wearing them. Don't know about summer/winter gear - never thought to pay attention to that (assuming it was just a color variant) - think I have some variety in one of my tents - will experiment if so.

As expected, the headgear is the cause. The head affects the temperature the most, at least in real life. That's why I mentioned stripping from top to bottom.
  • Like 3

Since the last experimental update, my camp 1 km away from Electro is still up, everything still there, campfire, weapons on the ground, backpack on the ground and all.

All the things I hid inside Electro are gone again.

Edited by Wili

Yesterday started out trying my hand at some hunting up north and came across this deer

I tried robbing her but she wasn't very cooperative and refused to hand over her steaks willingly

OmEsyGz.jpg

She was so stubborn that even after being killed she still wouldn't lie down

e50BC4X.jpg

Realizing that I've been in the woods waaay to long, I caught up with Bill and Dudester who were on the hunt for a V3S Cargo

After getting that rolling we saw a handful of central towns that were oddly devoid of any items, not even a book

We finally started seeing some loot as we went north and followed it to Stary Yar where there was an abundance of loot, a few car batteries and gas cans.  

and as Dudester mentioned the gas cans didn't empty after we used them,

we refilled the truck by repeatedly using the same two cans that we just found in Stary Yar - Free Refills!

A0j6hd1.jpg

All in all it was another fun day in Chernarus,

-One thought on the V3S inventory:  eventually I'd like to see a slot specifically for a gas can and a spare tire.  

Since you can't carry them on your character (in the truck) and both would fill up the whole truck inventory

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 8

While I'm thinking about it, has there been any discussion around building your own water well?  Well points, steel hand driver, piping, hand pumps, etc.?

SteamDB updates. Looks like a new Experimental should be incoming in the next few hours :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

While I'm thinking about it, has there been any discussion around building your own water well? Well points, steel hand driver, piping, hand pumps, etc.?

This can be a good idea when a lot of pumps will be removed. There's far too many anyway.

Well, at least 30% of it was left there by players because it was ruined, damp or vests were filled with items.

If you have the time maybe you could go there and see if you have a crash too?

I've been there quite a few times while I was still playing and never once had a ctd. I would always get an error when exiting the game though.

I've been there quite a few times while I was still playing and never once had a ctd. I would always get an error when exiting the game though.

Yeah I've been there a bunch of times before too and never had a crash before, even when there was a loot explosion like this time. Something made me crash though.

There goes my nice camp. Goodby it was nice knowing you.

Can't wait for update ! Any ideas on what it could include ?!? I hope it's not just fixes .... Daddy's friends are coming over for my last day off and were getting a dayz crew together, any experimental boyz with the day off wanna experiment with us (that sounded weird but trust me it's all good lol )?!

• Like 1

Hoff and I have a camp wayyyy up north near the corner of the map.. We thought the area was mostly unpopulated although we saw a few signs of people occasionnally looting it. Then yesterday I logged in and found someone had been to our tents. A mosin with ghillie wrap and a ghillie head piece was gone. In its place an sks with ammo and a bunch of beef steaks.. Odd.. We had 3 truck batteries sitting in the other tent and other than the mosin and head piece nothing was touched. At first I was kind of pissed and a little on edge.. Then we found a house that had tons of clothing in it and a note on the floor. I don't usually even try to read notes anymore but something compelled me.. I clicked read note and it said "this is the house of a lone survivor".. With another nearby note that said " friends?".. We left notes of our own and about 9 fresh tomatoes from our crops. We're trying to arrange a meet with the guy. I'll post screens later.

• Like 9

Hoff and I have a camp wayyyy up north near the corner of the map.. We thought the area was mostly unpopulated although we saw a few signs of people occasionnally looting it. Then yesterday I logged in and found someone had been to our tents. A mosin with ghillie wrap and a ghillie head piece was gone. In its place an sks with ammo and a bunch of beef steaks.. Odd.. We had 3 truck batteries sitting in the other tent and other than the mosin and head piece nothing was touched. At first I was kind of pissed and a little on edge.. Then we found a house that had tons of clothing in it and a note on the floor. I don't usually even try to read notes anymore but something compelled me.. I clicked read note and it said "this is the house of a lone survivor".. With another nearby note that said " friends?".. We left notes of our own and about 9 fresh tomatoes from our crops. We're trying to arrange a meet with the guy. I'll post screens later.

I love the idea of strangers meeting through notes placed in the world , notes with writin on it needs to be a new texture so we can tell from far away and get more note awesomeness going on !!

• Like 5

Can't wait for update ! Any ideas on what it could include ?!? I hope it's not just fixes .... Daddy's friends are coming over for my last day off and were getting a dayz crew together, any experimental boyz with the day off wanna experiment with us (that sounded weird but trust me it's all good lol )?!

Depends on what time. :)

That would be freaking awesome! :D Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I love the idea of strangers meeting through notes placed in the world , notes with writin on it needs to be a new texture so we can tell from far away and get more note awesomeness going on !!

I always leave notes in my tents.  And I leave a pen and extra paper as well.  Unfortunately (?), I don't think anyone has ever found my tents.  

• Like 2

I hope the new update fix the crash issues - zombies would be awesome too!  :thumbsup:

I had the same error earlier too in-game. 

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

Well, at least 30% of it was left there by players because it was ruined, damp or vests were filled with items.

If you have the time maybe you could go there and see if you have a crash too?

We were there last night with no issues. We seen a lot of ruined stuff as well, think it was US-SC-05 though.

this is my tent, i will drop some food and stuff in it for you.  B)

feel free to take what you want, its one of my "outposts" and i am not often there but i will travel to fill it up today.

Awesome. Did you see the magnum there? Too bad it'll be gone today. I'll swing through there next time, with paper and pen and whatever extra goodies I pick up if you plan on continuing using that spot. Do you use the same name in game? I change mine regularly when bored but use "SepticTank" at the moment.

This can be a good idea when a lot of pumps will be removed. There's far too many anyway.

Dowsing sticks would be cool but can't imagine coding that animation. :D

About what time and which server? I only have some errands to run before I'm stuck in the house due to the truck going into the shop.

Regarding overheating: I'm not sure about the gloves but the head gear definitely is a factor. I think I'll stop wearing the motorcycle helmet since it takes up too much space in inventory.  I've found that swimming slowly in a pond takes "overheating" down to "hot" very quickly but takes forever for "hot" to go away until you get out and just sit there wet.  While in the water I get "I am overheatiing" and "I am rapidly cooling off" successively over and over. 

There goes my can of beans with the wipe. :)

Edited by eyecon

'It should be a horde of zombies' - and a lot of gun shoots fighting for their life vs. the infected!  ^_^

I just quoted FrankieonPc1080 from his old standalone videos, but I agree with his view though.

It should be a reason why there're so 'few' survivors left. :)

Edited by Ori42

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/623515011491713032

Well it seems we won't have any new content in this update :/ well here's to bugfixers !!! And tech !!! I will be on with my two buddies as soon as we all get together in real life, dudester, bill, Tatanko , IMT , anyone who wants or wanted to experiment , let's get something going in the next few hours !

• Like 2

I've been wearing the police style uniform hat ( soviet officer I believe ) but I try to run around with my jacket off most of the time when space allows. Heat usually isn't an issue this way. I try to jog when I can but it just takes too long to get to where I need to go heh. I usually have a gas mask on as well, which I'm sure causes some heat issues, but I love it too much to take it off. Reckon I'll try running around with no lid.

There is one server up atm: UK-0-3. Well it was up, not seeing it right now. Only had 1 person in it.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy