kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Also, there seems to be some wonkiness with BE, as I keep getting kicked because BE is not responding. Never, ever had that before since Dec 2013...   :lol:

Same here. Happened for the first time for me.

• Like 1

For those who don't wander around to other sites for their DayZ news:

User: With server performance fixes and player position desync fixes, would it be possible to see an increase in max player (or even zombie) count per server in 0.58?

Hicks: I don't want to look at increasing player count until I'm confident in the performance being comparable. We'll be looking at this in 0.59 experimental updates.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3e39hm/status_report_21_july_15/ctb230z

Looks like they'll be playing around with higher capacity servers again in 0.59 :) (60, 75, 80, 100, etc.)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

So... my glowplug I spent weeks searching for is... gone? :(

Glowplug?  I had 6 batteries and 6 plugs.  Oh the HUMANITY!!!

• Like 3

Got home, got the update from steam, launched dayz and... Prospecting to craft a stone knife on the beach at dusk... Sigh... Didn't get to play much on the last build this past weekend. Just enough to get geared and provisioned to make it alone in the great north, complete with all the implements needed... Incl storage (tents, battery & glow plug, and a know location for a truck stash I could "borrow")

Oh well... Back at it... I hear barrels are 'fixed'. Anyone confirm items placed in them are persistent? I passed up several on my way north Saturday..

Glowplug?  I had 6 batteries and 6 plugs.  Oh the HUMANITY!!!

Kind of the story of my life, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none.

Keeps me away from gambling though so there's that.

I switched servers, and the wonkiness was gone. Helped a fellow survivor in Berezino, with some tips and food. Found great stuff to build my character, and it looks like loot distribution is way better than it was. I haven't checked any of the military tents yet, but no more houses with hundreds of jackets and shirts of all types!

Got home, got the update from steam, launched dayz and... Prospecting to craft a stone knife on the beach at dusk... Sigh... Didn't get to play much on the last build this past weekend. Just enough to get geared and provisioned to make it alone in the great north, complete with all the implements needed... Incl storage (tents, battery & glow plug, and a know location for a truck stash I could "borrow")

If starting from scratch isn't your thing, I would recommend staying away from Experimental. Not trying to push you away, but that kind of scenario is the norm for a branch dedicated to rapid iteration testing.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

For those who don't wander around to other sites for their DayZ news:

Looks like they'll be playing around with higher capacity servers again in 0.59 :) (60, 75, 80, 100, etc.)

hmm, performance for me always drops significantly in full servers. Up to 30 seems fine but 50 is noticeable.

Oh well... Back at it... I hear barrels are 'fixed'. Anyone confirm items placed in them are persistent? I passed up several on my way north Saturday..

Are you from the same group as SheriffRyBo?

First 10 minutes after spawning in fresh, heard a guy run up in the building I was in, "Hands up!" So I did, started talking, but I could barely understand him, no less than 45 seconds he wastes me. "Sorry".

Gotta love those guys heh. I think next time I'll just toss a few right hooks.

• Like 1

Yeah. Found my first Barrel. :) Food, guns but no bullets anywhere up north. Bad desync at one point. It lasted like 5 mins but after that it was good smooth gameplay. Lots of battleye kics.

DsMSdEF.jpg

Edited by Seitan
  • Like 1

Hmm. Maybe it's just me that never tried it, or seen anything posted about that, but since when can you place the improvised suppressor on pistols? I used it a lot since it came out, on M4s, Steyr AUGs, Longhorn, CR527 and Win70 mostly, but when I tried to put it on a pistol I couldn't.

I just made one for the CR527 I was carrying, and it vanished, but then I noticed on my hotbar that it was placed on the P1 I was carrying.

2hd4boy.jpg

Edit: Discard if this isn't new.  <_<

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

Alright, another fix/update. Plant Material actually does fertilize the soil now, at least in a farming hut or however they are called. :)

• Like 2

Alright, another fix/update. Plant Material actually does fertilize the soil now, at least in a farming hut or however they are called. :)

It was working before .. (as in, last night before the most recent update.)

• Like 1

Wow, serious loot nerf all over and in all types of buildings.  One fire axe in the Berizino Fire Station, nothing, really, in the police station.  I like.  Best I have been able to get is a CR527 and three mags for it.  Still looking for that hunting scope.

Gotta run errands and with restart several hours away, well, we'll see what's what pretty soon....  With 12 hour restarts gonna be some hungry folks, I've stocked up and advise you guys do the same.  I predict a serious spike in the incidence of cannibalism. 

Hanging in the north.

• Like 4

It was working before .. (as in, last night before the most recent update.)

Perhaps but it wasn't working a long time ago and it is actually now which is nice. :)

Hmm. Maybe it's just me that never tried it, or seen anything posted about that, but since when can you place the improvised suppressor on pistols? I used it a lot since it came out, on M4s, Steyr AUGs, Longhorn, CR527 and Win70 mostly, but when I tried to put it on a pistol I couldn't.

I just made one for the CR527 I was carrying, and it vanished, but then I noticed on my hotbar that it was placed on the P1 I was carrying.

2hd4boy.jpg

Edit: Discard if this isn't new.  <_<

I tried it when the improvised suppressor first came out and it wouldn't go on a Makarov or CZ75.

From a realism standpoint and having made a few of these IRL the p1 and longhorn are the only ones I could see one of these not getting knocked off by handling or getting blown off by the first shot though.   

• Like 1

Wow, serious loot nerf all over and in all types of buildings.  One fire axe in the Berizino Fire Station, nothing, really, in the police station.  I like.  Best I have been able to get is a CR527 and three mags for it.  Still looking for that hunting scope.

Gotta run errands and with restart several hours away, well, we'll see what's what pretty soon....  With 12 hour restarts gonna be some hungry folks, I've stocked up and advise you guys do the same.  I predict a serious spike in the incidence of cannibalism. 

Hanging in the north.

Do you know when the scheduled 12 hour restart is? The 4 hour one was 0100, 0500, 0900, etc. my time (pst) I'd love to know in case I ever get a truck again. 

• Like 1

So here I am trying to tan pelts in my red barrel that has 176 l of something in it that cannot be emptied...

The process begins and there is a wait of a couple minutes while the barrel and inventory remain inaccessible...

Then suddenly your garden lime and animal pelts vanish from the barrel into oblivion and the barrel lid becomes openable once more...

This barrel mistress of mine is playing really hard to get...

• Like 1

Anyone want some food? I have plenty of pumpkins here to feed an army. :D

So here I am trying to tan pelts in my red barrel that has 176 l of something in it that cannot be emptied...

The process begins and there is a wait of a couple minutes while the barrel and inventory remain inaccessible...

Then suddenly your garden lime and animal pelts vanish from the barrel into oblivion and the barrel lid becomes openable once more...

This barrel mistress of mine is playing really hard to get...

And you waited so long to play with them!
  • Like 2

That part is working as intended other than your items disappearing with no byproduct to show for it. It's ~60 seconds you have to wait for the process to complete, and you can't open the lid because that would ruin what you're working on ;)

Spawned near Svet.  Found a "Tent Car" that I carried around (in 1PP no less) for over an hour.  Finally located a battery and plug.  Who-Hoo!!  Ran up to Karmenovka to see if the truck was there.  Score!  

Can't fit the tent in the truck?  WTF?  I carried this POS for no reason?  I stash the tent.  Get in the car and head to my planned base way out west.  I'll just have to run my ass all the way back over for the tent.  

Wrecked the truck less than 1km away.  Just not my day.

• Like 5

*sigh*, another person needlessly died today, my second kill today already.

First one was at Svet, everyone was looting and friendly until someone was shooting a Magnum at new spawns. He stood in the middle of the street, easy headshot with my chambered sporter.

Second one was just now as I was about to leave Olsha, I offered this new spawn a pumpkin. In stead of accepting it he takes out his hammer to bash me with it. Gave him a taste of some .357 rounds. If he only accepted my offer, he'd still live.

• Like 6

Do you know when the scheduled 12 hour restart is? The 4 hour one was 0100, 0500, 0900, etc. my time (pst) I'd love to know in case I ever get a truck again.

wish I did but I don't

wish I did but I don't

Well I'll post for sure if I catch it I'm sure anyone else in the "club" will do the same.