kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Anyone else notice that V3S fuel gauges no longer work?

I haven't been able to find a battery to get one running :(

Runnin' on empty....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485944056

Also, found my first boar in .58.  Can't believe I saw him in the middle of the night.  Just got lucky.

I left one on South central 0-1 in a tree up north near Svet.

If you want it just let me know and I will give you the info where you can find it.

There is only one problem, it's hard for me to say which tree. I know which side of the town it was but it will be a bit of a search for you, unless I get it for you tonight. :D

• Like 2

Okay, so earlier I told you all a story about exchanging notes with a survivor..

http://imgur.com/a/hozTX

Here's the screenshot gallery. Enjoy. :)

(do me a favor and upvote here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3e5wbk/exp_58_a_guy_raided_our_tents_then_left_a_note_in/) :D

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 4

I'm carrying 2 on my 1pp guy up north Heading east at the moment.

• Like 1

I'm carrying 2 on my 1pp guy up north Heading east at the moment.

dammit, I was going east
  • Like 1

dammit, I was going east

I've been down the south coast, up the western border and now I'm half way to Novo along the north border. Finding everything I'm looking for fo a change.

• Like 1

exp servers down right now

And they're back!

• Like 1

Ah the wed server maint.  Exp servers usually were up during this time in the past ah well time to get on with real life lol.

exp servers down right now

Server maintenance. ;)
  • Like 1

A couple of us have been there several times over past few days (on different servers) and we have seen the same 'splosion. None of the folks in my group have experienced any errors/crashes. I would recommend that you submit a bug report. 

I experienced more crashes today in a different location and now reported the issue:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26497

• Like 2

I experienced more crashes today in a different location and now reported the issue:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26497

Have you checked how much memory DayZ is/was using at the time of the crash?
  • Like 1

Have you checked how much memory DayZ is/was using at the time of the crash?

about 75% of RAM I think

• Like 1

about 75% of RAM I think

So 6 gig? Are you absolutely positive about that?
  • Like 1

So 6 gig? Are you absolutely positive about that?

I am sure my system said my physical memory was at 75%, had no other processes running except for my browser.

ATM it's at 50% with DAYZ running.

• Like 1

I am sure my system said my physical memory was at 75%, had no other processes running except for my browser.

ATM it's at 50% with DAYZ running.

Then your game has a memory leak. I'm not sure about this but as far as I know is DayZ a 32-bit application. This means that it can allocate a maximum of 4 gig of memory.

I would try and verify the files in steam. If this isn't working try a reinstall. If that doesn't work you should make a bug report.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Then your game has a memory leak. I'm not sure about this but as far as I know is DayZ a 32-bit application. This means that it can allocate a maximum of 4 gig of memory.

I would try and verify the files in steam. If this isn't working try a reinstall. If that doesn't work you should make a bug report.

I validated and it said it could not validate 1 file, it downloaded a 24.3 MB file.

Maybe that was the problem, thanks.

Edit: I added a note about this in my bug report.

Edit2: looks like it had to redownload weapons_shotguns.pbo because it is the only file that was updated today exactly at the time I was validating as far as I can see, although it seem a little larger than 24.3 MB. This could be a logical explanation for my crashes in both situations. I approach some loot containing the shotgun, the game can't render it and it crashes? All fits with relogging on a different server at the same spot and not crashing because the shotgun is not there.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

I validated and it said it could not validate 1 file, it downloaded a 24.3 MB file.

Maybe that was the problem, thanks.

Edit: I added a note about this in my bug report.

Edit2: looks like it had to redownload weapons_shotguns.pbo because it is the only file that was updated today exactly at the time I was validating as far as I can see, although it seem a little larger than 24.3 MB. This could be a logical explanation for my crashes in both situations. I approach some loot containing the shotgun, the game can't render it and it crashes? All fits with relogging on a different server at the same spot and not crashing because the shotgun is not there.

Then I guess it will be fixed. But don't celebrate to early. I would check it first if I were you. ;)
  • Like 1

Do police stations no longer spawn loot?  I ran from Svet around the NW corner, down to Pavlovo.  Hit Svet, Novo, Severo, NP and Vybor.  Not a stitch of loot.  SC02

No loot at police station in elektro as well. 

There're some who hoard batteries I guess, and they don't respawn. 

• Like 1

I don't think we've seen the last of lootsplosions.  I believe that the 12 hour restart cycle will do a lot to keep them better under control  but I do not think they are gone.  Already starting to see hints of it, look in any outhouse, you'll see what I mean... 

As far as police stations, I did see a plastic front hand grip for an MP5 in the Berezino Police Station, that was all that was in there though, that was really soon after the update this AM past..

• Like 4

I don't think we've seen the last of lootsplosions. I believe that the 12 hour restart cycle will do a lot to keep them better under control but I do not think they are gone. Already starting to see hints of it, look in any outhouse, you'll see what I mean...

As far as police stations, I did see a plastic front hand grip for an MP5 in the Berezino Police Station, that was all that was in there though, that was really soon after the update this AM past..

I don't think a restart has anything to do with loot piling up. My guess, but I may be wrong though: loot is piling up at some locations at the moment because loot which was already there isn't looted.

Loot distribution will be better optimized eventually.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Then I guess it will be fixed. But don't celebrate to early. I would check it first if I were you. ;)

After validating the files I went back to the same spot on UK 0-5 and had no crash this time. I found a MP-133 shotgun so maybe that is what was causing the crashes. I guess this issue seems solved for now. Next time validating the files will be my first step, never had to do it before in over 700 hours of play.

• Like 3