kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Earlier (before I left for the evening), I put a tripwire in front of a house entrance and locked the door. When I logged back in, door was open and tripwire was ruined... I wonder if it just tripped the tripwire or if it fucked up the persons ankle/broke their leg..

Also, I have learned that if you set items inside debug.... they are persistent.. I have been throwing all of my "junk" into debug, and after 1 restart it's all still there.. I assume it will be cleaned up if the area is empty for long enough? We'll see.

If it stays indefinitely, this has some serious implications.

Earlier (before I left for the evening), I put a tripwire in front of a house entrance and locked the door. When I logged back in, door was open and tripwire was ruined... I wonder if it just tripped the tripwire or if it fucked up the persons ankle/broke their leg..

Also, I have learned that if you set items inside debug.... they are persistent.. I have been throwing all of my "junk" into debug, and after 1 restart it's all still there.. I assume it will be cleaned up if the area is empty for long enough? We'll see.

What do you mean with debug?

The map extends into infinity in all directions. The area outside of the borders of Chernarus is known as the debug area.

• Like 2

the end of the map "debug land".

The map extends into infinity in all directions. The area outside of the borders of Chernarus is known as the debug area.

Didn't know that, thank you both.

What is it I see in this pic? Is it a graphic glitch or is it meant to be snow? Pretty big area that showed white like this. Approx. location of it in 2nd pic.BTW that fire wasn't mine so I got spooked a little that maybe someone was in the area and saw me coming and was now ambushing me.

lgZheTE.jpg

yOraEFA.jpg

And do other people have a problem with the fence textures? Many fences look like this from a distance and only start rendering when I come close. Maybe a graphics setting on my end?

paSzxbO.jpg

• Like 1

What is it I see in this pic? Is it a graphic glitch or is it meant to be snow? Pretty big area that showed white like this. Approx. location of it in 2nd pic.BTW that fire wasn't mine so I got spooked a little that maybe someone was in the area and saw me coming and was now ambushing me.

And do other people have a problem with the fence textures? Many fences look like this from a distance and only start rendering when I come close. Maybe a graphics setting on my end?

The last problem is a common problem, most people have it. Edited by IMT

I've been thinking it's a rendering problem.  Maybe in reference to that \chernarusplus\data\layers\ ...rvmat error some of us are seeing.

Hopefully it was meant to be a snow layer  :)  but that's no snow layer that's just pure opaque white.

I've got the same thing with the fence, and it appears normal/tranpsaprent once I get close to it.

Okay thanks guys. BTW that base in the middle of the circle (iirc from about 8 months ago it was just a layout / foundations is completely gone or covered under that white stuff. Most likely it's just not being rendered which explains the white.

It seemes that Garages dont spawn Items a.t.m. Anyway I saw V3s on places where they dont spawn and heared one driving. I managed to find two batteries but no glowplugs. where does these spawn a.t.m.?

Anyway there are no fruitspawns a.t.m.

It seemes that Garages dont spawn Items a.t.m. Anyway I saw V3s on places where they dont spawn and heared one driving. I managed to find two batteries but no glowplugs. where does these spawn a.t.m.?

Anyway there are no fruitspawns a.t.m.

Garages spawn items. Was looting them last night.

The rare Flying Bovine does not fall to earth when killed, but instead rockets itself through the stratosphere until out of view.

15zscw4.jpg

edit: this was ~1 week ago, thus the lootsplosion

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 3

Yes, I think they figure out the loot wildgrowth in latest patch - still some issues with green military tents, but it's ok. 

Edited by Ori42

Yes, I think they figure out the loot wildgrowth in latest patch - still some issues with green military tents, but it's ok. 

prison island is spammed with gorka jackets and prisoner tops and pants

It seemes that Garages dont spawn Items a.t.m.

Garages spawn items. Was looting them last night.

I would venture a guess that the two of you aren't referring to the same building.

Well lay night I noticed something strange with the CLE and loot decay ... I had made a fireplace in novy sobor in a second floor apartment , i placed my skewer down with meat on it next to my fireplace for 1 minute , ran outside to collect another 2 skewers aka long wooden branch (to break them down into six sticks for firewood ) and when I did that and came back to my fire my skewer had disappeared ... So my guess is that when you search for skewers it tries to delete some in the area , which IMO should NOT happen until that specific skewer ready to be deleted has been there for at least a regular real life day, less than five minutes is waaaay to short to be ok ! Also , the fireplace , when you let it reach 0 firewood or fuel , it will say you can still hold a skewer over it to cook over the embers but it will never cook , and it won't burn any More wood even if you add more , I added 6 more sticks to the embers but I didn't get any option to "blow on the fire" and it never caught flame again the sticks just sat there in the fireplace inventory until I finally decided to make a new fireplace ...

But I've been having a great time on us east (for some reason I've been playin on 3PP , but as soon as 1PP servers fill up with a bunch of people again I'm going back to 1PP lol) there's lots of people to interact with and a lot of them recently have been friendly , I love the new "animal herd" feature it really spices up being a wilderness nomad seeing a large group of Bambi's ! I saw four running yesterday it was awesome the biggest one had massive antlers as was leading the pack and it seemed like they got smaller and smaller further down the deer line , so naturally I whip out my magnum and plug the youngest one ...

I really can't wait to see a working ecosystem ; bears hunting deer , wolves hunting in packs and howling at the moon , coyotes fighting wolves for food (does that happen I don't fuckin know ?!) and not only that but I'm excited to see all the new vehicles and most of all I'm excited to see the first iteration of advanced barricading and the beginning of base building , Q3 is gonna be ridiculously entertaining on a massive level !

• Like 8

Well, I got my 2 stolen trucks back.  No one has returned to the scene of the crime either.  Still wondering if they despawned somehow - keeping some loot in each truck now to see if that prevents them from floating away (assuming they weren't stolen - but if they were, the thieves left maxed out AKMs, MP5s, Mosins, 1911s, car batteries and glow plugs).

nTROBt.jpg

BTW, how do you guys do that spolier thing with your images? Thanks, Tatanko!

ETA:  And lest anyone start to give me shit about not having them nicely lined up, do you know how hard it is to back up correctly in 1PP?

Edited by Thurman Merman

Well lay night I noticed something strange with the CLE and loot decay ... I had made a fireplace in novy sobor in a second floor apartment , i placed my skewer down with meat on it next to my fireplace for 1 minute , ran outside to collect another 2 skewers aka long wooden branch (to break them down into six sticks for firewood ) and when I did that and came back to my fire my skewer had disappeared ... So my guess is that when you search for skewers it tries to delete some in the area , which IMO should NOT happen until that specific skewer ready to be deleted has been there for at least a regular real life day, less than five minutes is waaaay to short to be ok ! Also , the fireplace , when you let it reach 0 firewood or fuel , it will say you can still hold a skewer over it to cook over the embers but it will never cook , and it won't burn any More wood even if you add more , I added 6 more sticks to the embers but I didn't get any option to "blow on the fire" and it never caught flame again the sticks just sat there in the fireplace inventory until I finally decided to make a new fireplace ...

But I've been having a great time on us east (for some reason I've been playin on 3PP , but as soon as 1PP servers fill up with a bunch of people again I'm going back to 1PP lol) there's lots of people to interact with and a lot of them recently have been friendly , I love the new "animal herd" feature it really spices up being a wilderness nomad seeing a large group of Bambi's ! I saw four running yesterday it was awesome the biggest one had massive antlers as was leading the pack and it seemed like they got smaller and smaller further down the deer line , so naturally I whip out my magnum and plug the youngest one ...

I really can't wait to see a working ecosystem ; bears hunting deer , wolves hunting in packs and howling at the moon , coyotes fighting wolves for food (does that happen I don't fuckin know ?!) and not only that but I'm excited to see all the new vehicles and most of all I'm excited to see the first iteration of advanced barricading and the beginning of base building , Q3 is gonna be ridiculously entertaining on a massive level !

Howling at the moon... cockle-doodle-doooo! :lol:

I'm also very excited for the future.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485028343

BTW, how do you guys do that spolier thing with your images?

You put:

[spoiler]Image URL Here[/spoiler]

You'll need to use Imgur or another site to host your images if you want to post them directly. Steam doesn't allow for that.

• Like 1

Persistence is NOT working correctly. My military tent dissapeared and there is no evidence that someone took it.

I had a problem yesterday trying to skin a rabbit. It gave me "you are already doing or using something" and wouldn't allow me to complete the action. I relogged, the rabbit was still there but it would only let me hide corpse / view contents.

Any having issues with the status bars? My friend just said he is hungry, thirsty, stuffed, healthy, hot and drenched.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

As far as I know the state of doors (open/closed) is not persistent. I would shut myself in room before logging out and noticed if the door was found open it would be open again after a reset. I'm also betting the tripwire disarms and degrades in condition at a reset as the mine and beartraps do.  

• Like 1

Persistence is NOT working correctly. My military tent dissapeared and there is no evidence that someone took it.

Also seems to be an issue with item clean up.  Some things I dropped shortly after the last update are still lying there.  That's way too long.

• Like 1

There is something wrong with persistence as today I put a rucksack and 2 rifles down in my favorite camping spot.  I went back to that spot after 2 server resets to find all my items gone :-(.  I wounder if CLE is removing them.  I don't think any one took the items as they would have had to leave something behind as they would have had to put somethings down to make room for my stuff. And some of it was junk. Plus any one noticing the west side of the map seams to be very short of loot items even junk?

• Like 1

And this works on experimental? Because the only option I am getting is to make a garden plot.. Guess I haven't found the right kind of rocks yet.. I need 8 for a furnace, correct?

Also - Any way to scroll down in a tent? Tent has more space but can't access it.

Worked the other day, at least before the most recent update.  Yes, 8 for the furnace, have to be the Large rocks, not the small ones.

As far as a the space in a tent, I could not scroll but if I added enough to fill it, I could still see and manipulate everything in the tent.