kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Not seeing a problem with persistence atm at our camp. The guys with issues, you playing on 1st person or 3rd?

• Like 1

Not seeing a problem with persistence atm at our camp. The guys with issues, you playing on 1st person or 3rd?

Third person, UK 0-1.

I'm on SC02 (1PP).  the issues I see are not tents or items from tents disappearing - although I did have 2 trucks disappear - but rather, nothing else is disappearing.  I opened some ammo boxes on Friday; dropped the resulting pieces of paper on the ground on Friday - they're still there as of a few minutes ago.  

Hey there!

Just came across this one...

Exp Servers will now restart ever 12 hours, instead of 4.

I hope this is due to some testing/fixing regarding the loot-cleanup since I had a quite similar experience as IMT mentioned some posts above. Had a nice little camp set up incl. tent, backpax, stone-oven and (buggy) barrel. Was out hunting with a friend for like 1 hour or so and when we came back - everything gone. Too much rubbish there, so if someone should just have raided the camp, there must have been some leftovers of some sort. Not a single item though...

(haven´t been posting for quite some time, but always had an eye on this forum. Big thanks by the way to Tatanko, Barnabus, Grapefruit, IMT, Basher, Thurman and ev´rybody else who makes this forum such a nice and informative place to be! HAVE BEANZ!!)

[sorry if this looks wierd, musst have fugged up the copying from twitter or summink...]

Edited by Haviland
  • Like 7

I'm on SC02 (1PP).  the issues I see are not tents or items from tents disappearing - although I did have 2 trucks disappear - but rather, nothing else is disappearing.  I opened some ammo boxes on Friday; dropped the resulting pieces of paper on the ground on Friday - they're still there as of a few minutes ago.  

Are they even degrading in condition? As far as I understood when persistence is fully working ignored and discarded items will degrade then dissapear but I've seen no sign of it.  

Something else I've noticed and think it's persistence related is I got a huge performance gain when they wiped before the weekend but my fps has slowly come back down to what I'm used of seeing over the weekend. I wouldn't call them loot explosions but out of the way sheds and deer feeding huts are kind of filling up with their preferred items. The server I play on is low pop pretty consistently and you can sure see where people have and have not been going. 

Hey there!

Brian Hicks ‏@Hicks_206  53 Min.Vor 53 Minuten

I hope this is due to some testing/fixing regarding the loot-cleanup since I had a quite similar experience as IMT mentioned some posts above. Had a nice little camp set up incl. tent, backpax, stone-oven and (buggy) barrel. Was out hunting with a friend for like 1 hour or so and when we came back - everything gone. Too much rubbish there, so if someone should just have raided the camp, there must have been some leftovers of some sort. Not a single item though...

(haven´t been posting for quite some time, but always had an eye on this forum. Big thanks by the way to Tatanko, Barnabus, Grapefruit, IMT, Basher, Thurman and ev´rybody else who makes this forum such a nice and informative place to be! HAVE BEANZ!!)

[sorry if this looks wierd, musst have fugged up the copying from twitter or summink...]

I always hide tents very well and a military tent next to a pine tree is even harder to spot. Unless they took everything (including the Blaze) it dissapeared.

And no problem, that's what communities are for. :)

Hey there!

OMG, spit-take.

Hicks has some pretty awesome answers to those questions, if he's not a parent already he'll be awesome at answering all the absolutely stupid questions the rug rats come up with.   

• Like 1

As far as I know the state of doors (open/closed) is not persistent. I would shut myself in room before logging out and noticed if the door was found open it would be open again after a reset. I'm also betting the tripwire disarms and degrades in condition at a reset as the mine and beartraps do.  

Yeah... except, there was no restart between the time I left and the time I returned. I set the tripwire shortly after restart - Went out to dinner, came back, got online, tripwire was ruined and door was opened/unlocked.

Yeah... except, there was no restart between the time I left and the time I returned. I set the tripwire shortly after restart - Went out to dinner, came back, got online, tripwire was ruined and door was opened/unlocked.

Fair enough, that's US SW 0-1 right? With the amount of casuals that pass through the 3pp servers I doubt anyone will come on here and let you know what happened.

Has anyone tested the trip wires? What exactly do they do? Should they sprain ankles? Make a noise? Are they able to attach to objects?

Oh boy I've been waiting for this.  Thanks Devs!!

7hdR1wP.jpg 

Animals in the north!  They were the glitched disappearing breed but still...

A herd of five or six scattered, I had to stop and gamma blast to get the screenshot  :P 
The location is at the norther edge debug plains, 037/000 

edit: and an hour or so later I saw this buck well north of Sinistok approx 019/026

HvV9qxq.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 5

Has anyone tested the trip wires? What exactly do they do? Should they sprain ankles? Make a noise? Are they able to attach to object

I'm not sure, as I have not tested them on myself, but I can tell you that you can set them inside houses and they're pretty easy to hide.. I personally set mine on each side of the entrance of a door and the way the wood spikes went down it was really hard to detect.. they also don't render past 5-10 meters or so.

Persistence is NOT working correctly. My military tent dissapeared and there is no evidence that someone took it.

Hey IMT, my name is Cowboy on SC-05. I see you on ;).

Edit: you didn't stick around long heh.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

Hello,

I was having trouble with fireplaces last night like mentioned above - adding sticks/logs doesn't help and don't have option to blow onto fire. 

I'm not seeing as many animals as I'd like. I've seen a couple deer and cows but only 1 wild boar. I've been zigzagging the map looking for another boar this patch.

I found an empty tent just outside of Novy Sobor and put a cow steak in it. I was going to check it later but it seems I get shot at from somewhere whenever I go to Novy Sobor.

1PP servers seem to have a higher ping/lag for me - too bad. Is that a thing or just me?

I've run into some friendly players but they were logging off for the night - maybe it was me :D I did run into a couple friendly dudes in Novy but they were freaked because someone was sniping at them so I took off and let them be.

I do miss the zombies. They're so adorable.

Hey IMT, my name is Cowboy on SC-05. I see you on ;).

Edit: you didn't stick around long heh.

Yeah, wanted to check if anything spawned at Green Mountain. When I saw at Signapore that there was nothing it made me curious if there was even spawning loot there. Apparently not after checking 4 regions/servers.

Now I'm back again, need a specific type of Hunter jacket and I'm sure as hell not going to find it in the European region. They are always full. :(

Hello,

I was having trouble with fireplaces last night like mentioned above - adding sticks/logs doesn't help and don't have option to blow onto fire. 

I'm not seeing as many animals as I'd like. I've seen a couple deer and cows but only 1 wild boar. I've been zigzagging the map looking for another boar this patch.

I found an empty tent just outside of Novy Sobor and put a cow steak in it. I was going to check it later but it seems I get shot at from somewhere whenever I go to Novy Sobor.

1PP servers seem to have a higher ping/lag for me - too bad. Is that a thing or just me?

I've run into some friendly players but they were logging off for the night - maybe it was me :D I did run into a couple friendly dudes in Novy but they were freaked because someone was sniping at them so I took off and let them be.

I do miss the zombies. They're so adorable.

Not sure if the "blow in fire" is working, I've just been adding paper or bark and relighting with a match.

I walked an 8 hour zig-zag north-east south-east across the center of the map last night and didn't see a single big animal, just a chicken.

I get better ping/less lag on 1pp than 3pp, not being very social I'm fine with the lower pop. 

Tried this earlier at a hunting stand: I had a primary but wanted the repeater in the stand. So I climbed the ladder and at the top before I got onto the stand itself and while still on the ladder, I got the option to "take" the  repeater, clicked it and the repeater disappeared.

Step 20 feet away from the stand. Drop your rifle, climb the stand get the rifle and put it on your back. Climb down and pick up your rifle off the ground.

Oh boy I've been waiting for this.  Thanks Devs!!

Animals in the north!  They were the glitched disappearing breed but still...

A herd of five or six scattered, I had to stop and gamma blast to get the screenshot  :P 

The location is at the norther edge debug plains, 037/000 

Freaking awesome! So happy about this :)

I wonder if Skalisty has any critters now?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I've been using a Hunter's Rucksack. Seems pretty rare, though. 

Can someone tell me exactly where they found netting? Every boat i've seen on every server has had literally nothing. I had a full ghillie before the wipe :(

Last week it was boats along the coast, specially across from that island with the castle.

Not sure if the "blow in fire" is working, I've just been adding paper or bark and relighting with a match.

I walked an 8 hour zig-zag north-east south-east across the center of the map last night and didn't see a single big animal, just a chicken.

I get better ping/less lag on 1pp than 3pp, not being very social I'm fine with the lower pop. 

Thanks, so it's not just my body odor scaring off the animals? :)

Didn't I hear/read Hicks say that the way the new CLE will work is the higher populated servers will get more loot and said loot will spawn away from the majority of the players? 

Step 20 feet away from the stand. Drop your rifle, climb the stand get the rifle and put it on your back. Climb down and pick up your rifle off the ground.

lol yeah I'm aware of how to get the weapon normally. I wasn't aware I could make items disappear.

Freaking awesome! So happy about this :)

I wonder if Skalisty has any critters now?

Been there 2-3 time since Friday and didn't see any, if there were I'd "live" there.  

Last week it was boats along the coast, specially across from that island with the castle.

That's right around where I found my last stack, east coast right before the turn west.

Been there 2-3 time since Friday and didn't see any, if there were I'd "live" there.  

Even being able to trap rabbits there would be a huge help. At least now, Mackerel can be trapped and harvested for resources (i.e. bones).

• Like 3

Ah another Backpack goes to despawn heaven.  My poor backpack I left on the ground has now gone :-(. So long backpack.  I hope they fix this as back packs should not be part of CLE cleanup. And my last experimental placement didn't even get to its second server reset.  Time to see if the tents I have left are still around.

Even being able to trap rabbits there would be a huge help. At least now, Mackerel can be trapped and harvested for resources (i.e. bones).

I haven't been able to find more netting yet to try it but now that the netting and wire fishtrap degrades properly is there a way to fix it? I was going to try duct tape if I get a chance, I'm also scared to see if it'll still consume a whole stack of netting trying to make it now that netting is rare again. The first one I made when you could find 4+ netting at every boat didn't so when they fixed being able to use it while ruined they broke making it. 

Edited by BCBasher